• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Shit's not Art Online 22

Why don't they just fly directly to the tree from the highest permissible point, climb above the barrier and then just keep flying?

Because fuck this show and four more episodes, that's why. More shitty CG monsters to show off how Kirito is forbidden from losing is definitely what this show needed. Oh wow, he did lose. I'd care except Kirito doesn't learn and the writers don't give a fuck about cause and effect so why should I care?

Kirito makes it most of the way up and what does this bitch do? Drags him back out.

Fuck this show. Especially the last two minutes of this episode. Oh my gosh just fuck this awful, awful show. It's the most amazingly cringe worthy thing I've ever seen. I am sorry, Gundam SEED Destiny, I am sorry, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, I am sorry Gundam AGE and yes, I am sorry Gundam 00 for ever daring to think your romances were bad.

I did not know.

It's just so, fucking, bad.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 129
xsVVP2cl.jpg
B75McJMl.jpg
See, the problem with Tiger's Eye is that he barely starts knowing a girl and he already wants to go down on her. I'm all for satisfying a lady, but dude skips a bunch of steps. Fabulous Kaiser Reinhard hair, though.
Oh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Usagi's mom next week can't wait.
I can't stop thinking of the second Broly movie every time I see this. Chibi Moon is there literally for support.
Wet Mamoru-chan for DTL.
Just for future reference, is there a place that streams Utena?
THIS IS IMPORTANT, PEOPLE >>> Nozomi's Youtube channel has up to episode 28 of the DVD remaster. <<< THIS IS IMPORTANT, PEOPLE
Rereading the Fall threads, the most amazing part is that, just as people started to hate on SAO, Regulus was there to recommend they all watch Utena instead. It's almost thematic, in a way.
Utena is a classic and always relevant.

Shit's not Art Online 22

Why don't they just fly directly to the tree from the highest permissible point, climb above the barrier and then just keep flying?

Because fuck this show and four more episodes, that's why. More shitty CG monsters to show off how Kirito is forbidden from losing is definitely what this show needed. Oh wow, he did lose. I'd care except Kirito doesn't learn and the writers don't give a fuck about cause and effect so why should I care?

Kirito makes it most of the way up and what does this bitch do? Drags him back out.

Fuck this show. Especially the last two minutes of this episode. Oh my gosh just fuck this awful, awful show. It's the most amazingly cringe worthy thing I've ever seen. I am sorry, Gundam SEED Destiny, I am sorry, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, I am sorry Gundam AGE and yes, I am sorry Gundam 00 for ever daring to think your romances were bad.

I did not know.

It's just so, fucking, bad.

I'm dying from reading this.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm so sorry, dude. So sorry.

CorvoSol

I'm dying from reading this.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm so sorry, dude. So sorry.

Every fucking episode I think it can't get worse, BUT IT DOES.

I'm willing to admit that I actually kind of liked the first 14 episodes of this show, and that the idea of Kirito leaving the virtual world to deal with problems in the real one was enticing. But not like this. Oh God, never like this. This show is like how to rape, mangle, and murder a good thing in 10 easy episodes.

jeebus how can DTL rewatch bleach naruto and what not like semiannually?

Wish i had all that time.

dark theme is pretty decent. Shame it really does show off the blemishes people have with the wand tool for their avatars.

Ultimadrago

Tentacle rape and full blown incest.

Wow.

"I'm in love with my brother."

This . . . no. There just isn't anything left to say about it.

I almost forgot to quote this. Hahaha. Takes me back to how the thread reacted when it aired (along with other latter episodes).

Good times.

jgminto

Am I the only one who enjoyed the second part of SAO more? The first was just boring and bleh. The second was so dumb it was somewhat entertaining and it had a fantastic performance by Koyasu, one much better than the show deserved.

CorvoSol

Incest Is What the Cool Kids Do 23

"Hey in spite of our biological relationship and having been raised as siblings, I am in love with you."
"Yeah whatever. Let's play some more fucking video games."

Look Recon, she's not into you because you're not biologically related to her. You cannot get with the brotherfucking Bitch King of Angmar. Look at them flying in circles in the sky with each other like this is Final Fantasy or something. Baby Terra gonna be inbred instead of hybrid this time around.

Really? That you even consider her as something other than your little sister is just disgusting. This is like if in ZZ Gundam Judau had suddenly said "You know, maybe I should fuck Puru. I mean, we're not ACTUALLY brother and sister, after all."

Where the fuck is Klein? Where is Egil? Where is Lizbest? Why am I watching the worst characters? Hell even the good character in this group got sidelined for Incestmouto.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the second part of SAO more? The first was just boring and bleh. The second was so dumb it was somewhat entertaining and it had a fantastic performance by Koyasu, one much better than the show deserved.

The one thing I enjoy more about SAO's second half is that the villain actually has a motive instead of "idk lol castle in the sky was a good movie, bra"

cnet128

Banned
Shit's not Art Online 22

Because presumably it's not any more possible to climb through the barrier than it is to fly through it, since the barrier was set up specifically to prevent anyone from getting to the top of the tree except through the designated route? Because it's probably not feasible to climb the outside of the tree anyway, otherwise somebody would have tried that before the barrier was set up instead of the crazy piggyback-flying trick that resulted in the photo of Asuna being taken?

Oh, c'mooooon. He was dead. What good was leaving him up there going to do? Make him respawn outside and suffer a death penalty, that's what. Going up there and saving him was a brave thing to do and a sweet gesture. Why do you hate Sugu so much.

jbug617

Banned
Incest Is What the Cool Kids Do 23

"Hey in spite of our biological relationship and having been raised as siblings, I am in love with you."
"Yeah whatever. Let's play some more fucking video games."

Look Recon, she's not into you because you're not biologically related to her. You cannot get with the brotherfucking Bitch King of Angmar. Look at them flying in circles in the sky with each other like this is Final Fantasy or something. Baby Terra gonna be inbred instead of hybrid this time around.

Really? That you even consider her as something other than your little sister is just disgusting. This is like if in ZZ Gundam Judau had suddenly said "You know, maybe I should fuck Puru. I mean, we're not ACTUALLY brother and sister, after all."

Where the fuck is Klein? Where is Egil? Where is Lizbest? Why am I watching the worst characters? Hell even the good character in this group got sidelined for Incestmouto.

Lizbest will show up.
Just finish the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ojamajo Doremi 05:

Nobody batting an eye at the fact that an eight-year-old is being made to solicit for a business.

First half was nonstop amazing expressions, second half was a playful twist on the bread-and-butter "magical girl uses her powers to solve a filler character's problem" concept.
Doremi's fuckups just happening to combine into the perfect solution
was too good.

Ojamajo Doremi 06:

Yeah, I'm really getting Heartcatch vibes in that there's something about the characters of the week that quickly get you invested in their problems, even when they're fairly simplistic. There seems to be a bit of a recurrence of characters who act out in this or that way but have an underlying reason for doing so that makes them sympathetic. The little self-contained narratives are competently-crafted and exhibit emotional maturity and it's this that makes Doremi not just a fun show, but a good show.

This episode is why you don't stock your writing full of thinly-veiled versions of people you know. If you're not careful, they will find out.

Ojamajo Doremi 07:

Doremi is a good sister.

Ojamajo Doremi 08:

This is like when Ash loses to a gym leader but gets a badge anyway just for blasting off Team Rocket. Fun as always, even if the execution in this one was lacking. I guess I was hoping for something a little more meaningful instead of a fetch quest; I know that Doremi is the Usagi of the group, but I still don't think that she should be exempt from having to demonstrate increasing mastery over her witch powers to the audience just because she's an endearing dojikko.

I don't know how the incest stuff is a misconception of simple events. Suguha flat out says "I'm in love with my brother." I do not know how I am misunderstanding this at all. And the tentacle rape reaaaaaaaaaaally isn't helping.

But it's nothing but a one sided love that doesn't even last.

When suguha is introduced , you understand that she had feelign for her brother and she knows that they are not blood related and this goes NOWHERE because when kirito 's back in the real world , all he thinks about is asuna.

This make suguha ditch her brother and go in ALO , where by a twist a fate/luck they meet again and suguha decides to follow the "new guy"

At not point there was any romance , except in suguha head , and guess what ? it goes nowhere. The freaking whole point in suguha character develloppement in this arc is that she will fix her relationship with her brother because , before SAo , they weren't talking (much if at all ).

If a one sided "love" ( totaly ignored because it wasn't even evoqued by the main character ) is enough for you guys to call incest then i don't know what is incest.

Heck the author even take the time to put useless classmate in the story because she had no freaking chance from the start. At no point , kirito goal is anything but "save asuna" And at no point this change in kirito eye and even suguha knows it because she back down because of that.

The logical conclusion is that i see no "incest".

Now SAO has a lot of problems , and it doesn't help that the second part was rushed as hell and many thing were "cut" to fit into the remaining episodes .
Also the second part fanservice can turn off viewers ... the way they handled some events too. But i'm tired of this "incest" argument , especially when nothing happens and the girl having delusions is backing off everytime the issue is raised ! ( at least Twice )

cnet128

Banned
OreImo. 12

Wow, they really are rushing through this. Oreimo deserved a better adaptation =/

First half of the episode was delicious and entertaining as expected. Lots of tension and antics with all the girls in the series gathered in the same place for the first time and having a giant fight over Kyousuke.

But then they rushed the Ayase arc so much it was actually hilarious. That shit took up the best part of a book in the LNs, and they basically rushed over it here in less than half an episode. They completely omitted the entire story about Ayase's stalker which formed the meat of the plot (despite foreshadowing it in a previous episode by including a scene of Kyousuke browsing the Ayase fansite, and despite including a random shot of the stalker in this episode that ended up going NOWHERE). And then they skipped straight to the full
confession scene
from the final novel even though it's too early to be tying things up like that.

I'm glad I at least finished reading the relevant chapter of the final novel before watching this episode, because if I was spoiled on it by this rushed piece of shit I would have been pretty angry. I guess I'd better try and get through the rest of the final novel before next week's episode.

I don't know why I expected anything better from this series after they included a line in one of the early episodes where Kyousuke said something about how he couldn't imagine being scared by Manami, which goes completely against the novels where Kyousuke has always made it clear that Manami is the most terrifying person he knows when she gets angry. I suppose they're going to just completely omit the entirety of Novel 11 as well, which has some of the best flashback material ever and covers exactly why Kyousuke has such respect for Manami, as well as providing all the explanations and resolution to the antagonism between him and Kirino.

Oh well. At least there was Kanako and Hinata in this episode.

cajunator

Banned
Hmm, now I am kinda of torn. I was hoping for more Saber action and generally compelling stuff but this doesn't sound too promising.....

As a fan of Fate Stay Night, steer clear of Fate Stay Night.

Golden Boy - 5: The One with the Biker Chick

The MC's voice actor went fucking carnal during this episode. At the end he started sounding like a Pokemon.

Also, this chick was totally, legitimately hot.

Yes. But you'll never compare to her Bimo baby.
and yes she was fucking ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom