• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Oh man, I haven't looked at the guest list in a while. Shinkai is there too. Will definitely be checking out the Trigger guys.
I'll be going all of the days. Check out the exhibition hall because it's huge. The Mega64 panel is great fun every year, too.
Oh, man... I can feel the envy building up! Enjoy it guys, but have to tell me who of you both is going to 'cosplay' and obtain that Little Witch Academia poster promised by TRIGGER's Tatsuru Tatemoto (https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/347984033935937536).

I'm sure InfiniteNine would be up and ready for the task! :p

Please Articalys, cheer up a little... we've had enough of a heavy day already.

Theonik

Henneko 11
iOrQCMZDLN7n8.png
iF1nMdSsSz12u.png
ijRsiee9XIcx7.png

HERE LIES THEONIK
19XX-2013
This was too much for me. Also :cuilan

Attack on Pacing 12
This show feels like plodding through dry cement in terms of pacing. At least it was less ugly this week.

iavi

Miri (or Miizy F Baby) and InfiniteNine are going as well. And don't forget to attend the TRIGGER Inc., session with Masahiko Ōtsuka & Co., and Masaaki Yuasa will be there too! There is also huke if you like his illustration work. Cool guys!

Yessir!

I'm reaaalllyy hoping Huke being there and being listed as 'The artist of Steins Gate' and not Black Rock Shooter is some hint to the Jast panel where they're rumored to finally be announcing the Steins; Gate VN for the west.

And Jast'll need to give posters. I'll need something for him to sign.

Thoraxes

Mad Pierrot, I read your post and value your feedback. I don't really disagree with anything you said and I have nothing to add. I'm glad my post before was able to give you some context and better understanding. I also like cooking.

Eden of the East 01: I picked up a prince

I was recommended this by Aeana after her and Mumei made fun of my list of can'ts and won'ts when it comes to taking anime recommendations. Since it is freely available for streaming and available dubbed and a short series, I am going to make a good faith effort to watch through it. I hope you won't mind if I share my impressions, noting that I definitely approach things from a different perspective than most here. This is the first TV anime episode I've watched in 3 or 4 years.

First and foremost I don't actually like per-episode recaps or criticism, but it's the style in here so I'll do that.

-snip-

My thoughts
So, I watch a lot of TV and especially a lot of pilots. By definition a pilot needs to tell us what the show is about and set up a degree of intrigue for future episodes. I think this did that. Maybe a little too much time was spent on Akira getting to his apartment and Saki chasing him, I'd have liked to see more time really constructing the world that these characters live in, but the last 3 minutes were great and I am really excited to see the show's arc.

This is a great read.

My avatar strategy.

-thats adorable and/or lewd!

*makes avatar*

-Checks if it works right at gaf's criminally small dimensions and lack of animated avatars.

-Checks if it will be bannable.

I got a nice folder of all sorts of avatars that didn't make certification. :3

Thoraxes

My avatar strategy.

*makes avatar*

-Checks if it works right at gaf's criminally small dimensions and lack of animated avatars.

I miss your Pisu Hame! one.

Eden of the East 01: I picked up a prince

This was a pretty fascinating read from the perspective of someone familiar with the medium and its quirks. You're not off base with your criticisms of the first episode either!

I remember enjoying Eden of the East when I watched it a couple years ago. I saw it as sci-fi thriller fluff and had a good time with it. Keep posting impressions!

You can basically just post this any time lava appears in any work of fiction ever.

Well some anime works are more obvious than others .

My avatar strategy.

*makes avatar*

Pretty sure that check is the hardest each time.

My avatar strategy.

*makes avatar*

I wish mine was simple like that, instead of having an additional one of *will I be bullied for having this avatar*...

/XX/

I don't believe there are any notable male LWA characters... And i'm sure not up for cross-play.
Awwww, disappointing... :p
but there's no problem, as Mr. Tatemoto said he would work out something for the male fans not wanting to join the fun (https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/348042526697070593).

We are? Well shit, that's news to me.
Mr. Nagahama himself commented either Mushishi or Detroit Metal City would be getting a sequel (http://www.koi-nya.net/2012/10/12/m...ity-tendra-una-continuacion-el-ano-que-viene/), but Yoshihiko Umakoshi's involvement on the project hinted at the former being the chosen one. Chihiro Okamoto talked at the time about the work commencing to air on this year's Autumn or Winter seasons (http://www.koi-nya.net/2012/10/14/n...-de-mushishi-tendra-secuela-el-ano-que-viene/), but I haven't seen more related information since then.

Flowers of Evil 12

In a lot of anime with schoolchildren protagonists, their parents are either absent, by being away on business or living abroad or being dead, or figuratively absent by never being referred to whatsoever. One of the ways Flowers of Evil feels more realistic than typical anime is by having parents be a visible part of the narrative. With this episode, the parents of all of the central trio have shown up, and while they never become the focus, we're seeing enough of them to understand how their personalities and methods of raising their children affected them. We've previously seen how Kasuga's interest in foreign books was influenced by his father's interest, for example, and now we see how Nakamura's weak-willed and divorced father has given her free rein to act out her teenage rebellion. The parents' perspective is small but present, especially in how difficult it is for them to handle their flesh and blood slipping away from them.

I'm honestly not sure what the show can do next episode to make this feel like a complete story, but whether the conclusion is satisfying or not I'm certainly glad this has been made.

faridmon

Hataraku Maou-sama Ep 12

Action filled episode with a lots of nice animation and visual particles. Not to mention, the big leap in character development in this episode. Now we know where all the characters align in their moral judgement and its quiet interesting to see where they take it with this one. Hope its longer show. It may have lost the charm of the first few episode, but the comical interactions are certainly still intact. Loved the part where Ishihara disclosed his preference to be a full on NEET.
7/10

OreImo Ep 12

The show is embracing its fully realised Harem, if its wasn't dumb enough, its certainly is at the moment. Why am I still watching this? Also, Manami still sucks. A shitty Episode altogether.
3/10

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Basically MST3K but with anime.

I'm suddenly feeling really terrible that out of anything that could have been among Stump's first interaction with this thread, we just had to mention...y'know...that series.

And I haven't even seen anything highbrow enough to recommend to him that wasn't already recommended by someone else. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom