• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Eden of the East 01: I picked up a prince

Well, I didn't predict that.

I just Googled this: "This is a list of episodes for the Toei Animation anime television series, Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart, a direct sequel to Futari wa Pretty Cure. in 2006, it was replaced by Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star."

If me watching that happens, you get my admin job and the contents of my bank account.

I'm pretty sure I've heard stuff like this before.

JordanN

Banned
Mushibugyo 12
mushilasta2s1l.png

I wanted to write something witty abut Jinbei and his father training but this caught my attention more. Last episode is going to be lewd.
mCC4hta.jpg

Metrotab

Banned
Golden Boy - 6: The One about Creating Anime (END)

Amazing episode. You can tell some of the real-life frustration of the studio went into this episode. I'm sure reality was very inspiring towards the subject matter here. Gotta love the obvious author-aggrandizement.

Chie was hnnnnnnnngh. I love it when girls ponytail their hair when they get serious.

I'm sad this series is over though. I want more adventures with Kentarou. Such a likable character. Almost makes we wanna become a "freeder". Certainly gives you the drive to put yourself 100% into your job.

The comedy in this series was top notch. The dub was excellently performed. The girls went from adorably cute (the noodle shop girl) to sizzlingly hot (the biker chich, seriously).

I'm giving this OVA series the coveted rating of 10/10, for succeeding in all fronts at what it tried to be. It is only the third franchise I rate with a 10, after Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High School, who gained it for a very similar reason.

Life is study, indeed.

yami4ct

I never thought I would see someone complaining about pacing in Madoka of all things, but there you have it. I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion.

It's not pacing as much as a particular narrative structure the show's used in more than half of its episodes. I think the pacing of the overall show is pretty fantastic.

Madoka Magica 9

If episode 8, like a lot of episodes, packed a crapton of of crazy and exposition in a huge infodump at the very end, 9 spread crazy throughout the entire episode. Most of it was fallout from episode 8, but it was so damn well executed fallout.

The major bit of info comes at the very beginning turns out Cattbit
is an alien
. Did not see that one coming, but makes a lot of sense. Explains his evil personality well. We spend the entire episode around the character's dealing with the
whole Sayaka witch thing.
Amazing character work. Some really awesome buildup. It builds to make you think
their going to pull the whole "power of friendship is the only hope thing only to reveal there is no hope at all
. A great reversal. The incredibly dark end is amazing as well.
Fang girl sacrifices herself to take out Sayaka's witch and, by trying to stop Madoka from going magic girl, Madoka will be forced to become one.
. I don't think it's all that it seems, though. The show already has left itself an out. I'm betting
we're going to see Homura turn back time to try to turn events out in a way Madoka never becomes a magic girl.
. Given the tone of the show, though, it'll likely
all be for naught. Madoka is probably fated to become a Magic Girl, whether Homura wants it or not. It'll be Homura's curse to repeat these events over and over until she eventually dies or becomes a witch herself.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Golden Boy - 6: The One about Creating Anime (END)

Amazing episode. You can tell some of the real-life frustration of the studio went into this episode. I'm sure reality was very inspiring towards the subject matter here. Gotta love the obvious author-aggrandizement.

Chie was hnnnnnnnngh. I love it when girls ponytail their hair when they get serious.

I'm sad this series is over though. I want more adventures with Kentarou. Such a likable character. Almost makes we wanna become a "freeder". Certainly gives you the drive to put yourself 100% into your job.

The comedy in this series was top notch. The dub was excellently performed. The girls went from adorably cute (the noodle shop girl) to sizzlingly hot (the biker chich, seriously).

I'm giving this OVA series the coveted rating of 10/10, for succeeding in all fronts at what it tried to be. It is only the third franchise I rate with a 10, after Azumanga Daioh and Cromartie High School, who gained it for a very similar reason.

Life is study, indeed.

Good man. Glad to see you really enjoyed it. :)

yami4ct

Backlog season is nearly upon us. I can't see us making 20k posts over the summer.

Backlog season will likely see more posts from me, rather than less. After I finish Madoka, I'll be running through Utena. Probably going to do more big runs of GIntama and One Piece as well. May get my re-watch of Geass going again right after VVV ends, too.

TXObTTd.jpg

Mushibugyo 12

Well, can't say that I'm surprised that they're already
hinting about the mother

Dad provided some decent laughs and the move he had Jinbei inherit was okay. He'll probably learn that other move in the finale.

trejo

Maybe he was always a mod.

An undercover mod.

Good thing I've got some dirt on him. Might come in handy sometime.

The more things change, the more the waifus stay the same.

Ain't that the truth?

Also the ability to make GAF BLACK AT WILL! NO PLUG INS NECESSARY

My mind just keeps being blown left and right it seems

I was wondering where you ran off to!

It's not so bad once you get used to it!

Everyone now agrees that Munto is the best KyoAni series.

I always knew people would see the light someday.

rip risette

Wait wat

Date A Live 12 end

Was that an orchestrated remix of the OP I heard? Fuckin sweet! Say what you want about everything else, but this show had some damn good music, including that track that sounded suspiciously like Dr. Mario.

Pretty good finale, at least in presentation. Action was solid even if it wasn't the most standard or satisfactory stopping point.

The show as a whole was definitely something. I stand by my statement that it's TWGOK + Infinite Stratos. It definitely had a lot of dumb stuff, but it was at least entertaining. The second Kurumi was introduced, it became more than a simple time waster.

Will definitely watch season 2.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Date A Live 12 end

Was that an orchestrated remix of the OP I heard? Fuckin sweet! Say what you want about everything else, but this show had some damn good music, including that track that sounded suspiciously like Dr. Mario.

Pretty good finale, at least in presentation. Action was solid even if it wasn't the most standard or satisfactory stopping point.

The show as a whole was definitely something. I stand by my statement that it's TWGOK + Infinite Stratos. It definitely had a lot of dumb stuff, but it was at least entertaining. The second Kurumi was introduced, it became more than a simple time waster.

Will definitely watch season 2.

I will watch Season 2 only for the last arc in S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom