• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Smile Precure 37

Shell of a person has difficulties in an election on account of being unable to connect with humans, improves after plagiarizing heartfelt speeches from others.

As much as everyone kind of rags on Reika in this episode for her stance on how to approach the student council and she's not "cool" or whatever, she was the exact kind of person I would vote for in student council elections.

Just like the bad end crew had their promises in the show, people at my school would come out with stuff like they pledged to get rid of homework or every room would get a candy machine etc. They didn't take it seriously and just saw it more as a popularity contest. While maybe they sounded nice, one would hope that people could actually see that their promises weren't going to happen or were just not practical.

Maybe the one lone person wasn't as cool as the rest but was actually interested in doing the job and could actually make some practical changes. Later though it got to the point that that one person wouldn't be there anymore and it was just a farce of silly, empty promises. At that point I just blind voted as it didn't matter anymore because the student council honestly didn't even really do much of anything at my school.

Basically I'd vote for Reika.

Syrinx

Yeah I don't know who said it was.

When I was watching it I felt like everyone was hyping this episode as one where...maybe "mindfuck" wasn't the best term, but one where something major was going to happen. And there really weren't any major revelations, unless you count
just how loyal Homura was to Madoka, and the lengths she was putting herself through to save her.
But I just felt like the episode, more than anything, tied the knot on everything that had happened up to that point.

Maybe I was confusing their posts as claiming it was a mindfuck when they were really just referring to just how good and well-done the episode was.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The Laws of Eternity

Your path to achieving Buddha Nature is just beginning. Watch the remaining films in this order:

Rebirth of Buddha -> Golden Laws -> Laws of the Sun -> Hermes: Winds of Love

I think I'll design a crest.

We probably need something a bit quippier for our motto, then.

"It can always get worse"

As much as everyone kind of rags on Reika in this episode for her stance on how to approach the student council and she's not "cool" or whatever, she was the exact kind of person I would vote for in student council elections.

I always voted for myself in student council elections.

Syrinx

And it sucks that the NHL playoffs are over. Exciting as hell; where has it been all my life? Now what am I supposed to do at night? Anime? Pffft.

wonzo

Banned
Turning Girls 2

turninggirls2.jpg

It takes a special kind of person to ship hot and cold water together.

Chronoexe

Oh Kuroneko....

Saori didn't even get a fucking chance

The three best girls ;_;

I'm gonna go play the psp games and pick all three of them again ;_;

i'm not even ashamed to say that for me the psp route are the true routes.

No contest after what happenned at the end.

Your are right psp routes are the true routes, the LN don't exist ;__;

Kuroneko, Ayase <3

Syrinx

Date a Live 6 (Intro)

Hot springs. Warm water that wells up from the center of the earth.
People have been entranced by them for ages.
They soak their defenseless bodies in their waters.
It is hard for anyone to resist their charms.

Well then...

Edit: I have to say this OP is rather good.

Mushi-Shi 12

I normally don't write anything about Mushi-Shi, because it's mostly a very nice and relaxing show and I wouldn't want to say "THIS IS AMAZING" in every post. But honestly,
I was totally not expecting them to go over Ginko's backstory. And bonus points that Nui is actually the narrator's voice too. Amazing episode all around.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Which position were you hoping to get?

I was actually on council twice and then had almost a sure shot of becoming seitokaichou student council president, but I refused to run after I discovered that pretty much the entire council, adviser included, was embezzling the money from our fundraisers to go to expensive restaurants.

Maybe that's part of the reason why I typically hate seitokaichou characters in anime :lol I'm not even sure what the point of student council is in Japan other than to give the kids who excel at using bureaucracy to control other people a chance to experience this before they do in the workforce.

Ridli

Someone in this thread was asking about Oreimo music that sounded Animal Crossing-esque. Was it perhaps this track?

If not explore that uploader's channel, you might find what you are looking for.

I was actually on council twice and then had almost a sure shot of becoming seitokaichou student council president, but I refused to run after I discovered that pretty much the entire council, adviser included, was embezzling the money from our fundraisers to go to expensive restaurants.

Maybe that's part of the reason why I typically hate seitokaichou characters in anime :lol I'm not even sure what the point of student council is in Japan other than to give the kids who excel at using bureaucracy to control other people a chance to experience this before they do in the workforce.

That's so stupid, and yet not surprising.

opinion on Itsuki, Karen, and Reika. Maybe Rikka. Fuck Mana.

Finished up Revolutionary Girl Utena.

What a fantastic series. Now I get to watch the movie tomorrow with the shitty awful character redesigns.

Kino's Journey 1

Always wanted to check this one out. From the outside looking in, I drew basic comparisons with Jing: King of Bandits. A quiet traveler in an orange coat, a talking companion, and a series of self-contained episodes, each set in different worlds with cultures and vices. But whereas Jing is very much a shounen James Bond, Kino's a silent cartographer. I'm so very interested in just how self-aware Kino is. The necessity of travel, the fear of settling down, and the inspiration from the bird in flight. It's pretty evocative, and I certainly care enough to delve deeper.

Narag

You should run again for animegaf student council.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's so stupid, and yet not surprising.

opinion on Itsuki, Karen, and Reika. Maybe Rikka. Fuck Mana.

Ichukii - she's fine. Even if she wasn't old money she'd probably still win the position based on her charisma. She also knows kung-fu

Karen - Karen sucks

Reika - Reika sucks even more

Mana - the worst fictional character of 2013

If I win, free tags for everyone!

Nafe

Ah. Well, I still like, or don't mind, student council president characters.

I personally never ran after see how elections were handled and then also finding out they didn't really do much or really have much sway in things. It just seemed more like a waste of time more than anything really.

Haha, I'd vote for Mad Pierrot.

Ichukii - she's fine. Even if she wasn't old money she'd probably still win the position based on her charisma. She also knows kung-fu

Karen - Karen sucks

Reika - Reika sucks even more

Mana - the worst fictional character of 2013

If I win, free tags for everyone!

I'd vote for ya

Hayate no gotoku cuties - 11

I'm not even surprised.. given how the season was treated , having an original story for the finale was obvious.

I'm not a fan of the way the events unfolded however...but it was alright.

Turning Girls 2

It takes a special kind of person to ship hot and cold water together.

Much better than the first episode. Clearly fujoshi will be the ones to save anime.

Hulu is streaming (in HD) Fuse: Memoirs of the Hunter Girl (Fuse Teppou Musume no Torimonochou)

Oh what a pleasant surprise. Hopefully it'll be better than Psychic School Wars. Time to grit my teeth through some commercials.

Finished up Revolutionary Girl Utena.

What a fantastic series. Now I get to watch the movie tomorrow with the shitty awful character redesigns.

It looks better in motion and short hair Utena just makes more sense for a tomboy. Also the school redesign alone justifies using new designs.

Kino's Journey 1

Always wanted to check this one out. From the outside looking in, I basic drew comparisons with Jing: King of Bandits. A quiet traveler in an orange coat, a talking companion, and a series of self-contained episodes, each set in different worlds with cultures and vices. But whereas Jing is very much a shounen James Bond, Kino's a silent cartographer. I'm so very interested in just how self-aware Kino is. The necessity of travel, the fear of settling down, and the inspiration from the bird in flight. It's pretty evocative, and I certainly care enough to delve deeper.

I've always thought of it like an anime twilight zone with philosophy on top of the social commentary. Glad you like it since the first episode is relative weak compared to how great later episodes will be. Almost wish I watched it when I was on Neogaf so I'd have impressions for posterity.

Narag

Wouldn't the best student council be from Best Student Council? Not that I've seen it but I can't imagine I'd be lied to by an author.

Lain

Chihayafuru S2 24

What an intense play, so intense Chihaya
got sucked into doing some practice swings while watching.
I've found that some of the best parts of the Queen/Arata match in these last episodes though has been Arata's parents. I think it was really funny seeing them
cheer for the Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom