• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenya Boy sounds like quite the journey. Black Lion sounds rather comical
ly violent
and I see naked fairies from The Legend of Sirius.

What a pick.

Any place stream any of these?

I guess in the meantime, my updated shrine dedicated to Regina (DokiDoki Precure)

tumblr_movbnppKEa1svmkduo1_400.jpg

tumblr_movboxdchR1svmkduo1_400.jpg

tumblr_movbsyYUEn1svmkduo1_400.jpg

So this is what it feels like to be too deep into something. I might be busted.

yami4ct

Madoka Magica 10

This episode is about as close to perfection as I think a single piece of half hour content can be. Wow. This episode had a hell of a task ahead of it. It had to
squeeze a whole show's worth of character development for Homura into a single episode. It had to take her from a meek, weak willed rookie to a seasoned, cynical pro with only one goal.
. It took that task and just hit it out of the park all while explaining the world and story in a way that we hadn't seen yet. Such an important episode and so brilliantly done. A+ Madoka. You win. I don't think they can or will top this.

If I had one nitpick, and it's a small one and one that's for the whole show and not this episode is that they need to explain just what the heck the Walpurgisnacht is and how the girls know what it is and when they must fight it. The constant reference to it with no context is really quite confusing. I get that it's a big bad, but I want more detail.

jman2050

Madoka Magica 10

This episode is about as close to perfection as I think a single piece of half hour content can be. Wow. This episode had a hell of a task ahead of it. It had to
squeeze a whole show's worth of character development for Homura into a single episode. It had to take her from a meek, weak willed rookie to a seasoned, cynical pro with only one goal.
. It took that task and just hit it out of the park all while explaining the world and story in a way that we hadn't seen yet. Such an important episode and so brilliantly done. A+ Madoka. You win. I don't think they can or will top this.

Now for the real Madoka experience, stop watching right now and don't watch 11 and 12 until September.

Metrotab

Banned
OreImo - 11

This episode shows one of the major characteristics of the show: the side-characters are simply much more interesting than Kirino.

And Kuroneko looks great in that new uniform.

Man, I can't step away from this thread for a couple days without something crazy happening can I? Stump's posting EotE impressions, tamerlane is gone and who knows what I missed in the 20 pages I can't be arsed to read through. Also I secretly want Dresden to go mad with banning power just so we can dub it the dresden bombing.

Syrinx

Madoka Magica 10

If I had one nitpick, and it's a small one and one that's for the whole show and not this episode is that they need to explain just what the heck the Walpurgisnacht is and how the girls know what it is and when they must fight it. The constant reference to it with no context is really quite confusing. I get that it's a big bad, but I want more detail.
People said this was a mindfuck, which I didn't agree with. Still an absolutely phenomenal episode.

Man, I can't step away from this thread for a couple days without something crazy happening can I? Stump's posting EotE impressions, tamerlane is gone and who knows what I missed in the 20 pages I can't be arsed to read through. Also I secretly want Dresden to go mad with banning power just so we can dub it the dresden bombing.

That's just awful

yami4ct

People said this was a mindfuck, which I didn't agree with. Still an absolutely phenomenal episode.

It's not a mindfuck at all. In fact, I'd say it's the opposite. It's a clarifying episode that puts the entire series into perspective. It's just what the series needed at this point. A lot happens, and a lot of it is really crazy, but none of it is that mindfuck-y and hard to follow.

It's the kind of thing no one outside of Europe would know without further research but it's an actual holiday that involves a gathering of witches so naturally it's a thing to be feared with a set date.

yami4ct

It's the kind of thing no one outside of Europe would know without further research but it's an actual holiday that involves a gathering of witches so naturally it's a thing to be feared with a set date.

Ah, that makes sense. I'd have like to see a one line explanation early on, maybe in like the first 2 setup episodes. Would have clarified it quite a bit. A single line about it would have curbed any confusion for someone unfamiliar with the holiday.

cj_iwakura

Gurren Lagaan 24

Knew I wasn't getting a resolution when I saw where it was at in the last few minutes. :( Why did Crunchyroll leave out 25?

And why the hell did Yoko ditch the badass cape in favor of an even trashier outfit? One step forward, five back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom