• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dragona' probably. Foreign language tags were her thing.

More The Laws of Eternity

This is like a marriage of religion and science. The cast is pretty diverse, having a white dude, a black dude an--- WAT MAGIC HOLE! FUCKING WINGS INDIAN JESUS IS HERE

A Female character and a Japanese Man. This gives me some strange Captain Planet vibes with a diverse cast in a Japanese anime.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
More The Laws of Eternity

This is like a marriage of religion and science. The cast is pretty diverse, having a white dude, a black dude an--- WAT MAGIC HOLE! FUCKING WINGS INDIAN JESUS IS HERE

A Female character and a Japanese Man. This gives me some strange Captain Planet vibes with a diverse cast in a Japanese anime.
Stop posting and just watch it!

image.php

Not surprised at the contents.

The Devil was a Part Timer! 9 & 10
Yeah, I'm behind, sue me.

This is still pretty good. The intrigue is intriguing, the comedy hit the spot and Chi remains best girl, although I do see the point of view of Team Emi. Overall, it's something that puts a smile on my face, and sometimes that's what's needed. Sure, 10 was slightly more heavy on the fanservice, with Chi flirting in an ill-fitting bikini, but honestly? I saw worse in Cowboy Bebop.

More on the Laws of Eternity

HOLY FUCK BEDS THAT CAN TRANSFORM INTO CHAIRS! WHY AREN'T WE THERE YET.

So we're now looking
other dimensions, like Gratitude, as well as split areas like science, politics, and other hobbies. Spiritual segregation at its works here.

So like is Edison God or something? I mean they're going through so much just to meet him.

Oh hay, I like how Japanese people were able to go on, but the Americans. It's practically saying Americans suck at being pure. Japanese are pure as hell. Americans obviously don't really care for what they're doing as long as they get something back.

This is a social commentary right?

wonzo

Banned
Pt. 3 of the "Directors Cut" of that Sakuga panel's up. Be sure to turn on the Closed Captions as they can't mix sound to save their lives. :(

The less emphasis on precure non-stop in this thread, the better
Someone really needs to make that OT already.

So, has anyone yet mentioned the fact that Gurren Lagann is getting a UK BD release from those same fine folks that are bringing us Cowboy Bebop?

Because that's certainly a thing they've just announced as happening.
Yeah but does it have the awesome packaging???

Finally got around to reading the summary on Oregairu's Volume 7

Really upset that
Hiki demeaned himself again over the fake confession with the Yaoi girl

Also
Hayato
is an ass.

because they are? We need to face the facts, however painful it may seem.

I have yet to join any team after I bailed out of TeamKoreneko. That life started so good just to be stumped on by this seasons terrible showing of the Anime.

Pooooser!

Not like the LN was much better for this.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 20

Oh man, this Meilin girl is GREAT! She makes Li's life a living hell, which is good enough, but her interactions with Sakura have been hilarious. Those death glares she was giving her in gym class and Sakura going "Uvwwweeee!" (I think the general message was "Why?") were just too great. I can see this girl maybe getting annoying in the future, but for now, she made for a hilarious episode.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 131
Reverse NTR? Goodness won... or did it?
Remember kids, do not let yourself get swooned by strangers on the street, they might be pedos!

And so we have the obligatory Naru episode of the season. I don't expect her to make another appearance until Sailor Stars, lol. At least it gave us a great amount of Umino being Umino. Fight on, Umino.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE

AND YOUR PAWS
Why did they pull down the original videos, again? smh

Dresden

Kurenai 5

There was another well-animated action scene this episode, but for all of those and the dramatic scenes that happen I think my favorite scenes are the ones where the characters are just bantering with each other. When a cast has as strong a chemistry as this one has, just watching them joke around with each other is enough.

It feels like the show gets away from this as it nears its ending, which is understandable but disappointing all the same.

Kurenai 6: The Musical

God bless Kou Matsuo.

Aw yeah.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My love comedy didn't turn out as expected - 12 Why do you guys call this Snafu?

This anime if kind of great if viewed in the right way. At least 50% of it is a deconstruction of the Harem genre, like Evangelion is a deconstruction of the mecha genre and Madoka is to the Magical Girl genre.

It is not likely MC is going to end it up with any of the girls at the end. The MC saved the one girls puppy from being killed and the other one
's car was the one that hit him and almost killed the puppy.
In most other anime this would be a recipe for the MC to get adoration and get laid, not here. The MC goes from being a loner that isn't noticed in class to the most hated person on campus. He finds a girl that they have been searching for, and was about to go through with telling her off, Ken arrives to try and save the day, MC goes full villain mode anyway and almost gets beaten up by Ken. Meanwhile the girls are having a typical K-On Band Concert, did we even know either of the main girls could sing? MC's sister being a 100% on point generic little sister is even purposely done as a joke to contrast the rest of what is going on that is 100% in the other direction.

MC has a way better chance of ending up with the girly looking guy or the teacher at this point.

Small snippit for THE LAWS OF ETERNITY!

Hell is quite the place. All that truth from Helen Keller and Edison is quite.... wow.

I feel like enlightenment is coming to me.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My love comedy didn't turn out as expected - 12 Why do you guys call this Snafu?

This anime if kind of great if viewed in the right way. At least 50% of it is a deconstruction of the Harem genre, like Evangelion is a deconstruction of the mecha genre and Madoka is to the Magical Girl genre.
I seriously do not even feel like I am watching the same show as other people. I'm not even sure what they do that could be interpreted as metacommentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom