• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Mistranslation. No 2nd Season.

Seppuku Time.

1370659551066.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you are talking plans for 2014 and beyond, what relevance does it have unless you are already projecting a sequel?
why would they announce a new show when they have three on the table already? that would be weird.

I'm so afraid to go to sleep. I might miss the end of the thread. We must bolster conversation!

---------------

So uh, I find that I really really like OPs that are played by bands from foreign countries (specifically english speaking?)

I really really liked Oasis' Falling Down in Eden of the East, and The Light Before We Land by the Delgados in Gunslinger Girl. What are some other examples? (to add to my backlog lol)

Fuse - Memoirs of the Hunter Girl

Satisfying if a bit simple. It's no wolf children but two good furry movies in the same year probably won't be topped for a while. 2013 could either be the year for foot fetishists or hilarious airplane noises! Exciting times.

CorvoSol

Utena 13

TOUGA, not TENGOU. Kay. Are you even allowed to START an episode with the demon shadow girls? And do their voices need to be distorted for extra demonic effect? Two months from now, when asked what I remember about Utena, I'll say "Roses and creepy shadow girls." And now they have an ongoing plot. Aliens are symbolic of how Papillon will one day leave this school, join the French organization known as Chasseur and be murdered by an alien clone of an alien boy attempting to build a machine that will swallow galaxies.

WAIT.
Is that "Eggshell" speech all a recording? What the fuck?
Oh man is this a clip episode? Hey, so, is it normal for a bride to address her groom as "-sama" in Japan? Or is that specifically indicative of Anthy's submissive status? Halfway in now and aside from vaguely explaining/hinting whats going on, I don't see how this is so much better than any other clip episode. In fact, framing an explanation of past events around some mostly nebulous review conversation is basically the definition OF a clip show.

Why did Utena get a costume bump while engaged to the Rose Bride but not Saionji or Touga?

No idea what's going on here. This show is like, "How to be evasive, the animated series."

Hattori

Banned
I'm so afraid to go to sleep. I might miss the end of the thread. We must bolster conversation!

---------------

So uh, I find that I really really like OPs that are played by bands from foreign countries (specifically english speaking?)

I really really liked Oasis' Falling Down in Eden of the East, and The Light Before We Land by the Delgados in Gunslinger Girl. What are some other examples? (to add to my backlog lol)

Paradise Kiss ED - Franz Ferdinand / Do You Want To

yami4ct

---------------

Not an OP, but an ED, you have YES' Roundabout in JoJo. It's awesome. Also, they used Red Hot Chili Peppers Dani California a lot in the Death Note live action movie ads and, I think, over the credits as well.

Ezalc

There's still like 400 posts left, people are jumping on the end of thread thing too soon man.

EDIT: I also can't stop laughing at sudoku picture.

CorvoSol

There's still like 400 posts left, people are jumping on the end of thread thing too soon man.

Considering the Summer thread thing that happened like, a week back, I'd say jumping the gun is a thing we do here now.

---------------

I'll probably go to bed in 3 hours, so I'm ready to kick this baby into overdrive.

I'm rather pissed that you guys made a Summer thread already without me to cause some form of havoc.

• Paradise Kiss 01

The beginning to this episode feels like an art student's senior project. All of these real photo backdrops feel a little.. jarring. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Woooow that's kinda jarring how the artstyle jumps off a cliff for certain moments.

Wait this is a fashion show -- show? ...I will soldier on. I just need to hear that ED now.

Utena 13

Halfway in now and aside from vaguely explaining/hinting whats going on, I don't see how this is so much better than any other clip episode. In fact, framing an explanation of past events around some mostly nebulous review conversation is basically the definition OF a clip show.

We never said they weren't clip show episodes, just that you shouldn't skip them. This one is probably the weakest of the 3 clip show episodes but certain things would definitely feel jarring and completely out of nowhere if you didn't see this.

Why did Utena get a costume bump while engaged to the Rose Bride but not Saionji or Touga?

what if instead of magic skirts they got magic speedos or cups under their pants instead?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This was probably the biggest thing that stood out to me though:
http://i.imgur.com/fKz8cTKl.jpg

Indeed. lol
Is that The Big Red One from Attack on Titan? Is the true reality that the titans are normal sized people and we're are actually seeing events from the perspective of a child's imagination and his Lego models.

Which would explain:
  • The similar buildings as the kid probably doesn't have the resources to build a massive world so just reuses the same buildings pretending they are different locations.
  • The Big Red One being an older sibling who just pops up kicks the buildings for a laugh and then returns to his HP laptop to chat to ladies online.
  • The amount of disaster in this show reaching Disaster Day of Crisis levels because quite frankly kids like to destroy things.

Is that The Big Red One from Attack on Titan? Is the true reality that the titans are normal sized people and we're are actually seeing events from the perspective of a child's imagination and his Lego models.

Which would explain:
  • The similar buildings as the kid probably doesn't have the resources to build a massive world so just reuses the same buildings pretending they are different locations.
  • The Big Red One being an older sibling who just pops up kicks the buildings for a laugh and then returns to his HP laptop to chat to ladies online.
  • The amount of disaster in this show reaching Disaster Day of Crisis levels because quite frankly kids like to destroy things.

So moe titan is a little sister?
tumblr_mn2mhaECDH1s94i96o1_500.jpg

What about japanese musicians making music in english?

Panty and Stocking - ED

Also before I checked I could've sworn the real folk blues for the cowboy bebop ED was in english! memory is so weird.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

---------------

The Count of Monte Cristo's OP and ED.

The ED to Le Chaviler D'Eon (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom