• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Don't worry, as soon as you remember that they made a sequel to Eureka Seven you'll remember to never trust anyone ever again.

Crocodile

What has BONES done since FMA:Brotherhood? Does anyone have a list with a breakdown? I know there was Star Driver (I only saw a bit of it but heard it fell apart near the end?) and Eureka 7: AO (Which I haven't seen but I hear shits on the legacy of E7 in some way). What else?

Dead

well not really...yet
What has BONES done since FMA:Brotherhood? Does anyone have a list with a breakdown? I know there was Star Driver (I only saw a bit of it but heard it fell apart near the end?) and Eureka 7: AO (Which I haven't seen but I hear shits on the legacy of E7 in some way). What else?
Darker than Black 2: Bad
Darker than Black OVA: Good/Decent
Gosick: Bad
Heroman: Mediocre/Bad
Star Driver: well I liked it *shrug* but its not great
No. 6: Mediocre
Un-Go: ?????
Eureka Seven AO: WHY MUST YOU HATE ME GOD
Blast of Tempest: Didn't watch

There's also the Towa no Quon movies/Ovas. Never watched em, have barely read any impressions about em, but I still wanna see em.

It would probably be more accurate to say that Star Driver breaks down near the beginning, as every episode is simply a carbon copy of the first.

I think they also did Un-Go and Zetsuen no Tempest, and probably a bunch of other shitty shows that I'm just blanking on right now.

CorvoSol

Dresden's new avatar is great. Lissa's adorable.

Slayers Next 2

So this episode we're introduced to Xellos, the totally-not-suspicious-definitely-not-a-monster Mysterious Priest. He's one of the better recurring characters in the series, I think. Mostly because he finds a way to get under the skin of both Lina AND Zel, and seeing them lose their cool is always fun. For added fun, in the English version this means the team has Zel and Xel, although it would appear that Japanese, like Portuguese, treats initial X's as SH instead of Z.

RahXephon Movie + Series Impression

For copy pasted movie with redubbed here and there, I'm surprised will enjoy it so much but I do.. love the parallel that this movie shown, its help they pick good episode to picked for copy and pretty much the best from the show (eps 1-2, and 18-19) shown and its focused to thing that I love the most, the main couple love story. I just adore them so much.. I'm glad Bones give what I want to see in the new content, you know what since I mention it couple cime before. Fuck yeah Bones.

I also like how the final climax presented in here rather in the show, its much tighter here.. so its more grounded and easier to cope for me.

The movie make me realize I love this series.

I wish the series can be like the movie for cut down some focus though, See? Megumi much more have purpose in the movie than in the series when they shoving screentime to here, and that Itsuki's bitch should just in nowhere like this.

RahXephon is a mecha show with "lolcomplex" story, full of technobabble and symbolism, its actually quite easy to digest though thanks to the great pacing and directing, I never felt overwhelmed with it. Most of foreshadowing and plot not forgotten.
The movie make me clicked to many thing and someday when I rewatch the series I expect that even more so.

But the sci-fi isn't that make the story memorable, what make the story far more relate-able and engaging is the love story of the protagonist.. Its make the story more down to earth than just robot becaming jesus story.. I never supporting love couple in anime more than this, the scenario and mood compelling me so much to follow how this end, how they surpassing the boundaries, its just so damn satisfying especially with the ending.

I really have the urge to rewatch the series again, but I'll wait a bit.
I just love it, certainly my favorite from BONES (R.I.P)

Its fantastic show, great love story with great production value, music, and unique supernatural charming mood.

Before this post I wasn't even aware there was a movie to Rahxephon.

The more you know...

Cardcaptor Sakura 30

34gln.jpg

This reminds me of one of my hentais.

2 cards this time! So maybe we'll have one last super arc or something. Today was brought to you by Sakura-Zilla.

Dead

well not really...yet
How can the movie ruin the show lol, its completely and utterly disconnected in both story and character

cajunator

Banned
Sorry buddy, have to do it.

Kayooos_small_zps4d7b990c.jpg

This is still one of the best things to ever come from this thread.

Appreciate the link!

DATE A LIVE 05
Jealousy , stubborness and cute girl is distress

Little girl is quite cute , so much that i'm considering a fig.

MC is doing better than expected.

Yoshino is adorable. Not gonna lie I preordered a figurine of her immediately when I saw it.

I seen this on Crunchyroll

And this would be the figure.

fertygo

Saw it was a tv movie but still. I didn't even know it existed until now. I've read it has a couple of changed scenes but I can't find a summary. If anyone is willing to describe what the new scenes are that'd be awesome.

Well its pretty much eps 1-2 + 18+19 + climax

the change is

- Ayato know he's Mulian early from Haruka
- Quon totally sleeping before the climax from TV
-Megumi, Itsuki's girlfriend, White snake, and Kim just have lesser role or none.
- Kunugi that accompanying Bahlem instead Futagami at the climax

The most important

- Ayato and Haruka had sex
- The ending showing Haruka in her old days, still marry Ayato and such
That pretty much its.

Rayearth

Neo Member
The first preview video of Super Heroine Chronicle is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAiJB6ByCsY

After watching that...I dunno. I figured that all 2D would look best, and they do the attack animation like they did for Armored Klan and Yoko in SRW Z2-2.

Also, why couldn't they use the cast of Nendoroid Generations, which had Fate/Stay Night, Nanoha and Touhou? Nendoroid was also a Bamco/Banpresto game, so shouldn't they already have the licenses?

CorvoSol

Gun x Sword 25

How? HOW? How do they manage to make the Claw creepier EVERY episode? It's incredible! Astounding! Mind blowing!
I'm going to give you a present: I'm going to bring back your fiance!
This sick bastard has never even explained WHY he did it. I mean, I assume it was for the same reason he did Shino in, but we're never out and out told. He's just a sick, manipulative, patronizing gremlin who will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

And DAMN there's a some awesomeness goin' down in this episode. From the heroic revivals of Brownie and the Eldora Sol, to Metal Gear Joshua to One Shot Wendy to HACKING SAUDADE'S WINGS OFF IN TWO BLOWS.

And also
Carmen's second, and more honest admission of her feelings toward Van.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.

wonzo

Banned
"The anime industry lives and dies on the doujin market, sexualizing underage girls, etc. If you remove all of that stuff, the anime industry likely wouldn’t be able to recover since they’d lose most of the stuff that actually sells."

rip anime

Crocodile

I guess I never noticed BONES' supposed decline in quality because most of the stuff they've made recently were in genres that didn't really interest me or sequels to shows I was meh about so I never bothered to check them out for myself to see said decline. Unfortunate.

zeroshiki

BONES has been doing mecha and all that other stuff they used to do.

Unless you were a pretty big Ouran fan, there isn't a genre they used to do that they haven't done a poor version of recently.

cajunator

Banned
Yo!

Can any of you guys recommend me a recent, well animated, good looking movie? It can be any genre as long as it moves a and looks good. Don't recommend Sword of The Stranger(Yutaka Nakamura :bow) or any Ghibli movies plz.

Well, to offer something a bit different and taking "well animated" a bit loosely, I would recommend Cat Blue Dynamite by ROmanov. It is indeed completely CG, but the way it was filmed, the style and parody of 70's exploitation film...its too brilliant not to suggest it. For CG, it is actually really well animated and a hell of a lot of fun. I just got finished watching it with friends for what must be the hundredth time at the very least.
I think Crunchyroll still streams it.

Got it off pixiv. I spend so much time there. The amount and kind of fanart a series gets is a good way to judge its popularity. And also its memes.

Your avatar is so adorable! Pixiv is a really great plaace. so many talented artists. So many cat ears.

Probably the KyoAni series, if not anime series in general, that's had the most impact on me. The reason why involves a combination of timing, an infamous doujinshi series, and a general love of music and cute girls on my part. The series affected me so much that I got one of the HTT T-shirts from the final school festival from KyoAni's online store because that episode moved me so.

I'm making my way through K-ON!!. Finished episode 10 yesterday and as members from that community know I feel absolutely in love with that episode for several reasons. Will probably continue it tomorrow. I doubt anything will top that episode though.

DATE A LIVE 08

Let's get something out of the way first

w30Wymx.png

EXCELLENT, SOGOOD.gif
Best girl

The scene in the woods was impressive
And the scene in the lingerie shop was superb.

Ps: Multi-date is evil ...

Kurumi is a miracle. Yoshino is a cutie but Kurumi is just one of the best characters ever.
The minute she goes up for preorders in figurine form Im hitting the preorder button. not even gonna second guess it. Just hitting the button with the fury of a scorned god.

http://tamayura.info/

i can already feel the :doggypoo

I don't know what this show is about but it looks cute and my computer detected a virus on that website.

This is how I feel about watching Kiddy Grade. 99% of the fanservice has me grimacing in a "DO NOT WANT" position. Particularly when provided by the second lead, trapped in a child's body. Show's got an interesting plot, but I don't want to meet the guys its pandering to.

So you don't want to meet me, Corvy-kun? :(
Although I wasn't attracted to the loli fanservice part as much as the sci fi adventure, the art style, and Éclair fucking people up with a lipstick whip.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki

Its the frontrunner for GAF Anime of the Year.

Attack on Titan is probably going to steamroll it for the top spot. The bloc of casuals/lapsed who will vote for it and nothing else easily exceeds Team JoJo from AotY 2012.

Dresden

Space Dandy, Kill la Kill, Valvrave. They all air in Fall (so it'll be fresh in people's minds), the first two will get tons of outside votes (Bebop!!! TTGL!!!), and the third is I don't even know.

Steins;Gate (English dub)

One of my favorite Anime ever, I decided to watch the BD to see how the translation was.They did a great job for the most part, voice actors match the characters for the most part. They translated the meme jokes well too. Need to rewatch in Japanese, I think they added some narration during some of the silent scenes.

edit: The humor scenes where Okarin tries to speak English are butchered.

cajunator

Banned
You should feel bad.

Oh wait, is there any news on an American release?

No. hence my dilemma.
Id like to watch some official release of it. No announcements of a license yet. Its really weird.

Steins;Gate (English dub)

One of my favorite Anime ever, I decided to watch the BD to see how the translation was.They did a great job for the most part, voice actors match the characters for the most part. They translated the meme jokes well too. Need to rewatch in Japanese, I think they added some narration during some of the silent scenes.

Indeed Steins;Gate is absolutely sublime, whether in English or Japanese. Except English doesn't have quality tuturu~

zeroshiki

Attack on Titan is probably going to steamroll it for the top spot. The bloc of casuals/lapsed who will vote for it and nothing else easily exceeds Team JoJo from AotY 2012.

Team AnimeGAF easily overpowered the Jojo vote last year. I'd be more concerned that people genuinely enjoyed Attack on Titan more (which I guess could be true but unlikely).

Space Dandy, Kill la Kill, Valvrave. They all air in Fall (so it'll be fresh in people's minds), the first two will get tons of outside votes (Bebop!!! TTGL!!!), and the third is I don't even know.

If they cross over into next year the episode count and lack of closure could get them penalized.

Articalys

No. hence my dilemma.
Id like to watch some official release of it. No announcements of a license yet. Its really weird.
Funimation has it; they're just taking their sweet time. Their last update was at the end of March, saying they hadn't started dubbing yet and were hoping for a Fall 2013 release.

You can always keep an eye on the official English site to see if any new theater screenings are coming up though.

zeroshiki

Not like that really stopped Jojo or GuP in the last vote. :p

I was thinking more of Chihayafuru and F/Z in 2011. Chihayafuru got heavily penalized for that and F/Z might have won if they showed both seasons within one calendar year.

In the end, you're right though that the issue will probably not affect any shows that are super hyped/popular very much. (Fate/Zero placed in both years)

Well its pretty much eps 1-2 + 18+19 + climax

the change is

- Ayato know he's Mulian early from Haruka
- Quon totally sleeping before the climax from TV
-Megumi, Itsuki's girlfriend, White snake, and Kim just have lesser role or none.
- Kunugi that accompanying Bahlem instead Futagami at the climax

The most important

- Ayato and Haruka had sex
- The ending showing Haruka in her old days, still marry Ayato and such
That pretty much its.

Gotcha. So nothing too HUGE or anything that changes my perspective on the anime. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom