• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that Kill-la-Kill will underperform in the casual bloc in spite of the Gurren-Lagann associations simply by virtue of people being repulsed by the fact that it stars a schoolgirl in revealing clothing. You know, because that makes it a moe kawaii show for pedophiles.

I think both sides have something to hark about.

1) The costumer design is a bit revealing (school girls don't wear that) but I think the bigger problem is who fights in skirt? You know whats going to coem from this...

kill_la_kill_1.jpg

2)She looks pretty badass and serious about fighting. If this show nails the fighting the "sexualisation" will easily be ignored.

CorvoSol

The Count of Monte Cristo 12

Not enough Count in this episode for my taste, but then, the point of the episode was to focus on Albert and Eugenie, so there's that. PRETTY sure that Eugenie's new fiance is actually her brother, and also
Valentine's brother.
Still, the end of this episode sets up what is sure to be an entertaining episode next time.

I think both sides have something to hark about.

1) The costumer design is a bit revealing (school girls don't wear that) but I think the bigger problem is who fights in skirt? You know whats going to coem from this...

2)She looks pretty badass and serious about fighting. If this show nails the fighting the "sexualisation" will easily be ignored.

She is way less sexualized than Yoko Littner, so I don't see what's the problem.

OceanBlue

I didn't even know this existed. The malleable window size is definitely a plus. I wonder if it's good for archival purposes.

Edit: Oh, I should grab my list too, I guess.

I'm interested in...
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Neptunia
TWGOK
Free
Gachaman Crowds
Dangan Ronpa
Silver Spoon
C3-bu
Kiniro Mosaic
High School DxD
Tamayura
Servant x Service

Highschool of the Dead - Ep. 12
tumblr_m41ikbnpMm1rw2jaio1_500.gif

So after finishing this show I gotta say that I felt pretty disappointed at the end of it. I can see why they decided to end it the way they did considering that the manga is still running. But my issue with this is that it feels cowardly by not committing to an exclusive ending the way so many other animes with running mangas do.

I've read blog posts here and there about a possible season 2 which of course is the reason why they decided to shy away from a definitive ending, but I just wasn't satisfied. I mean, at least give us a whole ton of boobs or whatever in the final episode to make up for it. Heck, there wasn't even many great action moments in it either.

*Sigh*

Just didn't feel it I'm afraid.

cajunator

Banned
son of a bitch. I couldn't resist :(
Before, there was only one good Nadeko figure and it wasn't a great pose...but this...HNNNNNGH. Oh god I don't need any more figures.
Why am I so weak? Plus she has alternate faces and stuff. Goddamn you Alter.
i3CPOeI.jpg

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Neptunia
C3bu
TWGOK
Genshiken
Monagatari if they don't fuck up Senjou
Rozen Maiden for my desu fix
Kiniro Mosaic
Watamote

should be fun!

Moonlight

Banned
Hey, this is a pretty nice list. The filtering is a nice touch as well, even if I doubt I'll exercise it too much. Summer doesn't look half-bad, either. I guess...

Very Interested
Gatchaman Crowds
Free!

Interested:
Genshiken Nidaime
Silver Spoon
Fantasista Doll

Somewhat Interested:
Monogatari: Second Season
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi

I Don't Know Why:
The World God Only Knows

Nothing else is really on my radar, although obviously I'll look into whatever receives enough good impressions.

I was gonna include Kaze Tachinu, but somehow I forgot that it wouldn't be immediately available upon theatrical release. Disney's usually somewhat prompt about picking Ghibli productions up, regardless.

I'm vaguely tempted to watch C3 if only because Gainax's fall from grace has been as fascinating as it has been tragic.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 106
Greatest Love Cousin Story Ever Told

Very sweet origin story for Haruka. Maybe I'm just overtly melodramatic, but I thought
using Michiru's drawing of her as a way to bookend this episode
was lovely. Beautiful art all around.

The introduction of
Mother Brain as a threat
in order to unite Uranus and Neptune was very sudden, though.
Are we supposed to assume this is just some random evil being? Is he supposed to be one of Evil!Umino's baddies? What?
dem firm glutes. This is how girls get into other girls.
When :chet goes wrong.

By the way, the henshin footage is freaking amazing. Why are they still using the same stock material from season one for the Inner Senshi? It looks so out of place. ;___;

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon S] 106

The introduction of
Mother Brain as a threat
in order to unite Uranus and Neptune was very sudden, though.
Are we supposed to assume this is just some random evil being? Is he supposed to be one of Evil!Umino's baddies? What?
It's kind of a manga shoutout. Probably better to explain after you've seen the rest of S.

The basic mechanics for the inner transformations remain the same, but they do get redone later.

Oh, and everything related to Uranus/Neptune is about the balance of power and grace, from the stock to the music.

Most interested in:
Silver Spoon
Gatchaman Crowds

Mildly interested:
Dangan ronpa
Watamote!
Servant X Service
Free!
Neptunia
C3-bu

Probably will be a backlog season.

Dresden

The Big O S2 - 04
Show still awesome so far, although for some reason its have less charm and swagger.

Whoa MAL alternative, nice because the weabooism
might try soon, didn't like the rating system tho might as well disable it.. unless you can change it.

Invite me somebody.

Just type in 'anichartnet' and you'll bypass the beta stuff.

Blusby

Since Yamato 2199 ends this year it better win Gaf's Aoty, don't betray me fellasssss
(Unless I end up lovin' Kill la Kill more)

Since Yamato 2199 ends this year it better win Gaf's Aoty, don't betray me fellasssss
http://25.media.tumblr.com/9df7105dc653f2dd7be7c4ffd23263a9/tumblr_mlp0ihhSO31s5fe8vo1_500.gif[/IM][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I think it only has had five viewers here.

ANIME

Also Hummingbird website makes me feel like dying inside when you realize your opinions mangles with other anime fans. ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom