• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Probably the KyoAni series, if not anime series in general, that's had the most impact on me. The reason why involves a combination of timing, an infamous doujinshi series, and a general love of music and cute girls on my part. The series affected me so much that I got one of the HTT T-shirts from the final school festival from KyoAni's online store because that episode moved me so.

It's funny because I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about here, and it's all Chet's fault. :lol

DATE A LIVE 08

Date%20a%20Live%20-%2008.jpg

HNNNG

Let's get something out of the way first

w30Wymx.png

EXCELLENT, SOGOOD.gif
Best girl

The scene in the woods was impressive
And the scene in the lingerie shop was superb.

Ps: Multi-date is evil ...

Midonin

The trilogy written by Takotsuboya. Reading that in the final weeks of K-ON!'s second season (the entire thing - I'd encountered the first volume before, but only realized it was a trilogy then) made the final episodes seem less like goodbyes and more like a chance for me to somehow save them from the horrible, horrible future that awaited. Even though it was basically a fanfic. But somehow, having it all be drawn and written well enough that I couldn't hate it basically took the affection I already had for Houkago Tea Time and pushed it into overdrive.

The trilogy written by Takotsuboya. Reading that in the final weeks of K-ON!'s second season (the entire thing - I'd encountered the first volume before, but only realized it was a trilogy then) made the final episodes seem less like goodbyes and more like a chance for me to somehow save them from the horrible, horrible future that awaited. Even though it was basically a fanfic. But somehow, having it all be drawn and written well enough that I couldn't hate it basically took the affection I already had for Houkago Tea Time and pushed it into overdrive.
Bahahaha I thought I knew what you were talking about and I did. Excellent. NEET Mio is
almost
best Mio.

Probably the KyoAni series, if not anime series in general, that's had the most impact on me. The reason why involves a combination of timing, an infamous doujinshi series, and a general love of music and cute girls on my part. The series affected me so much that I got one of the HTT T-shirts from the final school festival from KyoAni's online store because that episode moved me so.
I absolutely love K-ON! as well!

So much so that I made a GAF thread just for it!
It's funny because I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about here, and it's all Chet's fault. :lol
Don't blame me!
He is the man who got me into K-ON!, and I am the one who got SeraphisCain into K-ON!. It is a cycle.
Haha, that's cool.

fertygo

RahXephon Movie + Series Impression

For copy pasted movie with redubbed here and there, I'm surprised will enjoy it so much but I do.. love the parallel that this movie shown, its help they pick good episode to picked for copy and pretty much the best from the show (eps 1-2, and 18-19) shown and its focused to thing that I love the most, the main couple love story. I just adore them so much.. I'm glad Bones give what I want to see in the new content, you know what since I mention it couple cime before. Fuck yeah Bones.

I also like how the final climax presented in here rather in the show, its much tighter here.. so its more grounded and easier to cope for me.

Its make so much sense Kunugi replacing Futagami in this version last scene, the two badass of the show.

The movie make me realize I love this series.

I wish the series can be like the movie for cut down some focus though, See? Megumi much more have purpose in the movie than in the series when they shoving screentime to here, and that Itsuki's bitch should just in nowhere like this.

RahXephon is a mecha show with "lolcomplex" story, full of technobabble and symbolism, its actually quite easy to digest though thanks to the great pacing and directing, I never felt overwhelmed with it. Most of foreshadowing and plot not forgotten.
The movie make me clicked to many thing and someday when I rewatch the series I expect that even more so.

But the sci-fi isn't that make the story memorable, what make the story far more relate-able and engaging is the love story of the protagonist.. Its make the story more down to earth than just robot becaming jesus story.. I never supporting love couple in anime more than this, the scenario and mood compelling me so much to follow how this end, how they surpassing the boundaries, its just so damn satisfying especially with the ending.

I really have the urge to rewatch the series again, but I'll wait a bit.
I just love it, certainly my favorite from BONES (R.I.P)

Its fantastic show, great love story with great production value, music, and unique supernatural charming mood.

Cardcaptor Sakura 30

Now that was a fine episode. Nothing super fancy, but it just had a lot of heart and make me really like Li-kun since he's shown plenty of times before that he's not just some love rival. I hope Rei shows up more too, because short hair is raburabu.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So I'm watching Aikatsu!. Right now, I'm up to episode 21, and I find myself really enjoying it. Every idol show I've watched has a different atmosphere, and this, in spite of its focus on a Bandai fashion/arcade game trading card line, has as much appeal to it as something like Love Live!. Yurika's only been around for a few episodes, and I like her already. She doesn't really have chuunibyou, just a really elaborate stage persona, but her dedication to it is enjoyable. Plus, Johnny Bepp has to be one of the most fun side characters to watch, just for ALL THE ENGLISH.

The first few episodes with Yurika are definitely the peak of the series. The thing that I think makes Aikatsu! more palatable in comparison to most other idol shows is that it's not trying to accurately represent IDOL CULTURE, effectively washing itself of that stench by virtue of its incredibly bizarre premise, total lack of sexual content, kiddie aesthetic, and eccentric ensemble of characters. It uses idol culture as a springboard, but isn't necessarily just trying to pander to idol fans.

Keep watching, and remember to post lots of gifs of the CG dances because everyone loves them here.

Dead

well not really...yet
RahXephon Movie + Series Impression

For copy pasted movie with redubbed here and there, I'm surprised will enjoy it so much but I do.. love the parallel that this movie shown, its help they pick good episode to picked for copy and pretty much the best from the show (eps 1-2, and 18-19) shown and its focused to thing that I love the most, the main couple love story. I just adore them so much.. I'm glad Bones give what I want to see in the new content, you know what since I mention it couple cime before. Fuck yeah Bones.

I also like how the final climax presented in here rather in the show, its much tighter here.. so its more grounded and easier to cope for me.

The movie make me realize I love this series.

I wish the series can be like the movie for cut down some focus though, See? Megumi much more have purpose in the movie than in the series when they shoving screentime to here, and that Itsuki's bitch should just in nowhere like this.

RahXephon is a mecha show with "lolcomplex" story, full of technobabble and symbolism, its actually quite easy to digest though thanks to the great pacing and directing, I never felt overwhelmed with it. Most of foreshadowing and plot not forgotten.
The movie make me clicked to many thing and someday when I rewatch the series I expect that even more so.

But the sci-fi isn't that make the story memorable, what make the story far more relate-able and engaging is the love story of the protagonist.. Its make the story more down to earth than just robot becaming jesus story.. I never supporting love couple in anime more than this, the scenario and mood compelling me so much to follow how this end, how they surpassing the boundaries, its just so damn satisfying especially with the ending.

I really have the urge to rewatch the series again, but I'll wait a bit.
I just love it, certainly my favorite from BONES (R.I.P)

Its fantastic show, great love story with great production value, music, and unique supernatural charming mood.
The movie is a great compliment to the series. A sort of alternate coda. Both the series and movie endings are utterly satisfying.

fertygo

The movie is a great compliment to the series. A sort of alternate coda. Both the series and movie endings are utterly satisfying.

Yup, after finishing the series you should watch the movie ASAP.
You'd see copypaste animation but who give a damn.

Can't say I've ever been particularly fond of the cast of Rahxephon. I gotta go back and give that show a third chance. I can never seem to make it to the end.

I finished volume 6 of the Full Metal Panic! novels. It feels great to finally move past the material covered in the anime and onto things I know nothing about.

Very Merry Christmas was crazy for all the right reasons. I love how Tessa confronts Sosuke with her feelings right then and there, and I love that he shoots her down without missing a beat. I was worried they were going to dance around whether or not he has feelings for Kaname, but this volume spells it out clear as day for both parties. I feel really bad for Tessa, but I'm glad she finally knows what's up.

I started volume 7, and jeezus they're not wasting time anymore.
Sosuke and Kaname walking home holding hands was fucking adorable.

Syrinx

Bakemonogatari 7

Wait, what's this about bondage torture?

For an episode almost completely devoid of Hitagi, this was surprisingly good. Turns out Koyomi's conversations with Suruga can be very entertaining as well. She's not quite Hitagi, but I still like her a lot. She got me pretty hard when she started talking about how Hitagi rejected her when she tried to help with her condition, then her emotional rollercoaster when seeing that Koyomi was able to help her and was in a relationship with her. I could certainly understand why she would feel so jealous. But I guess it comes down to Suruga's love for Hitagi being entirely one-sided, something she herself points out.

I was kinda curious about their conversation when on their way to visit that guy, where she seemed to offer herself as a replacement for Hitagi to Koyomi. Because she's a lesbian and all. Maybe they were talking hypothetically, but it.sounded like some sort of proposition. Maybe she was trying to take him from Hitagi to spite her, but I highly doubt that, cause she just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that sort of thing. And despite her emotional struggle with dealing with their relationship, she doesn't really seem bitter.

This show's kinda weird for me. I'm certainly enjoying it, but I never particularly anticipate watching each episode. Its just something I watch before bed. I don't want to say it feels like a chore or obligation, but I'm not really hyped to see the next episode. Perhaps its because the plot and progression take such a backseat as to almost be nonexistent. But, when I start watching, I quite like it. I guess that's all that matters.

I thought [Appleseed] XIII was disappointment, with production problem etc

I was assuming that the series would be more in-line with what was presented in the films. Anyway, thanks for the input. It's hard to determine sometimes what series are worth picking up and which aren't. And if I've already seen something, I often tend not too. Except in cases like Steins;Gate omgsogood.gif

Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% 09

5v0q7Qfl.jpg

No one can make an entrance like that.

So I was half wrong. Yes, all the pretty idol boys did reminisce about their brief fling with the prince and how much they wub him.

They didn't fly out and sing to him to get him to become the leader of his own idol boy harem, so boo.

Shergal

Kare Kano 11
fMR7OFS.jpg
BVxMb3s.jpg

The one at the right lasted 0.08 seconds on screen!
Wonderful. The show doesn't thrive on its animation, so getting an episode like this is extremely refreshing. Movement everywhere, a shitton of things happening at the same time on screen, amazing cartoony faces, and solid visual humour. The sakkan for this episode was Imaishi, and it really comes through in the drawings.

Nice to see other characters get good focus for once, too. I like the dynamics between the newly-formed group of 6 friends. Hopefully Arima's life without Yukino is explored too.

Last but not least, I'm noticing a gradual increase of verbose, self-serious talk and inner monologue about character motivations and outlooks on life that I don't particularly care for. It's the sort of babble that seems endemic to anime (and a lot of fiction, in general), with a lot of words and sentences that don't tell me much, and when the episode director is not so good it comes off a bit ham-fisted. As I see it, it doesn't do the characters any good.

If I'm correct, there was some drama with the production, with Anno suddenly leaving his post at around ep. 18 or so, right? Does any of that come through negatively in the show?

Kare Kano 11

Wonderful. The show doesn't thrive on its animation, so getting an episode like this is extremely refreshing. Movement everywhere, a shitton of things happening at the same time on screen, amazing cartoony faces, and solid visual humour. The sakkan for this episode was Imaishi, and it really comes through in the drawings.

Nice to see other characters get good focus for once, too. I like the dynamics between the newly-formed group of 6 friends. Hopefully Arima's life without Yukino is explored too.

Last but not least, I'm noticing a gradual increase of verbose, self-serious talk and inner monologue about character motivations and outlooks on life that I don't particularly care for. It's the sort of babble that seems endemic to anime (and a lot of fiction, in general), with a lot of words and sentences that don't tell me much, and when the episode director is not so good it comes off a bit ham-fisted. As I see it, it doesn't do the characters any good.

If I'm correct, there was some drama with the production, with Anno suddenly leaving his post at around ep. 18 or so, right? Does any of that come through negatively in the show?
Yes, it's best to regard episode 18 as the end of the show.

Cardcaptor Sakura 30

Dat Hair, so good!

I guess if there's one thing I should note is how Li isn't a complete dick, which he was at first. He probably has the most "development" (if we can call it that) out of everyone in regards to how they act I guess.

AND WATCH GIRLS UND PANZER!

Syrinx

Should I watch Girls Und Panzer even if I don't much care for tanks?
For you? Hmm...the tank battles are definitely the most interesting part of the show. But there is a fair amount of downtime as well that include some elements that you don't seem to be fond of.

I guess give it a shot, but if you're not digging the battles within the first few eps, then you should probably drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom