• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky Star 02

Hx3VaF0.jpg

Taiko your heart to the Hare Hare Yuaki!

One thing I really liked in this episode was the split perspective they used at the beginning. Was really cool seeing the same scene through two different people as well as how the characters spent their days.

Dynedom

RahXephon Movie + Series Impression

For copy pasted movie with redubbed here and there, I'm surprised will enjoy it so much but I do.. love the parallel that this movie shown, its help they pick good episode to picked for copy and pretty much the best from the show (eps 1-2, and 18-19) shown and its focused to thing that I love the most, the main couple love story. I just adore them so much.. I'm glad Bones give what I want to see in the new content, you know what since I mention it couple cime before. Fuck yeah Bones.

I also like how the final climax presented in here rather in the show, its much tighter here.. so its more grounded and easier to cope for me.

The movie make me realize I love this series.

I wish the series can be like the movie for cut down some focus though, See? Megumi much more have purpose in the movie than in the series when they shoving screentime to here, and that Itsuki's bitch should just in nowhere like this.

RahXephon is a mecha show with "lolcomplex" story, full of technobabble and symbolism, its actually quite easy to digest though thanks to the great pacing and directing, I never felt overwhelmed with it. Most of foreshadowing and plot not forgotten.
The movie make me clicked to many thing and someday when I rewatch the series I expect that even more so.

But the sci-fi isn't that make the story memorable, what make the story far more relate-able and engaging is the love story of the protagonist.. Its make the story more down to earth than just robot becaming jesus story.. I never supporting love couple in anime more than this, the scenario and mood compelling me so much to follow how this end, how they surpassing the boundaries, its just so damn satisfying especially with the ending.

I really have the urge to rewatch the series again, but I'll wait a bit.
I just love it, certainly my favorite from BONES (R.I.P)

Its fantastic show, great love story with great production value, music, and unique supernatural charming mood.

Definitely take time before the first re-watch. Like I said before, it really helps. There were certain things I didn't "get" or really appreciate until the second watch.

The movie is a great compliment to the series. A sort of alternate coda. Both the series and movie endings are utterly satisfying.

Agreed.

Despite really liking RahXephon, I've never seen the film. It looks like I need to remedy that.

Don't necessarily need to re-watch the series first either. In fact, just jump into the movie and if you really like the universe, go back to the series again. This is what I often find myself doing.

Can't say I've ever been particularly fond of the cast of Rahxephon. I gotta go back and give that show a third chance. I can never seem to make it to the end.

The characters can be hit or miss but I really enjoyed a majority of the cast. The show really was watchable for the love story though. If you can't find yourself liking those 2, it can be a bit tough to get through the series.

The one thing that prevents me from watching this series if Episode 19. ;_; Gets me every god damn time. One of the few legit times I was rolling tears.

zeroshiki

I've been so out of it with regards to anime lately but I started my annual rewatch of Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen (Samurai X Trust and Betrayal) yesterday and its as awesome as I remember it.

tumblr_logljiIeQt1qbdksro1_400.jpg

The world introduced in this OVA is so unexplored that I'm surprised Watsuki never bothered to go back to it. It makes the whole thing all the more special IMO. The first episode does a good job of setting up a super oppressive atmosphere and how people are being driven by events most of the time rather than having any power to influence them. After all these years and with the benefit of perspective, what Hiko says in the start rings true. Shounen standard "you fight to protect people" is kinda bullshit. You fight to kill. Whether it results in people being saved or not is rendered immaterial by that very fact.

The first episode follows Kenshin, showing how he meets Hiko and how he gets mixed up with the royalists. The ending of the episode, with the fight, the music, the rain and Tomoe is one of my favorite scenes from any anime. That was just so well directed that I am unsure if it can be topped.

If you're one of those people who have never watched this, you should stop what you're doing, get on Amazon or Ebay or whatever, buy this and watch it.

Goddamn I miss this series so much :(

duckroll

RIP. Remember when Kyoda was a good director? And he could help Izubuchi carry RahXephon, and then go on to create Eureka Seven? Those were the days. :(

DiGiKerot

This was basically my first convention of this sort. Was pretty fun overall though I did miss Watanabe on both days I went. I'll live with that though.

I, on the other hand, got Watanabe to sign my Genius Party, because I'm an anime hipster.

Saying that, my actual highlight for the weekend was finding a stack of unopened Xenoglossia trading figure blind boxes.

zeroshiki

RIP. Remember when Kyoda was a good director? And he could help Izubuchi carry RahXephon, and then go on to create Eureka Seven? Those were the days. :(

Remember when we were joking that BONES had Kyoda chained to the basement and that was why he couldn't make it to the AO unveil? Its because he's a zombie now :(

Girls und Panzer 1

Kind of slow, but this seems to have potential. Still, it looks off when a 2D character pokes their head out of a CG tank. At least with cars, you rarely see them and the characters in the same shot. Hope that doesn't become an issue.

zeroshiki

Girls und Panzer 1

Kind of slow, but this seems to have potential. Still, it looks off when a 2D character pokes their head out of a CG tank. At least with cars, you rarely see them and the characters in the same shot. Hope that doesn't become an issue.

I had the exact same reaction and feeling of disgust.

I really need to watch episode 2 soon -_-

zeroshiki

I've turned off images in the User CP. It has surprisingly made my experience quite a bit better what with not being afraid that I'll open a page to a picture of a half naked middle schooler.

CorvoSol

Can't say I've ever been particularly fond of the cast of Rahxephon. I gotta go back and give that show a third chance. I can never seem to make it to the end.

I finished volume 6 of the Full Metal Panic! novels. It feels great to finally move past the material covered in the anime and onto things I know nothing about.

Very Merry Christmas was crazy for all the right reasons. I love how Tessa confronts Sosuke with her feelings right then and there, and I love that he shoots her down without missing a beat. I was worried they were going to dance around whether or not he has feelings for Kaname, but this volume spells it out clear as day for both parties. I feel really bad for Tessa, but I'm glad she finally knows what's up.

I started volume 7, and jeezus they're not wasting time anymore.
Sosuke and Kaname walking home holding hands was fucking adorable.

You and I are up to the same part! Though I'm in the Manga. How does the Light Novel phrase
Tessa's confronting Sousuke? Because in the Manga, she asks "Do you love Kaname? (Yes) More than me? (No.)"

Oh man, and
Kaname and Sousuke holding hands is like the best thing. I cannot WAIT for you to get up to a certain point in the series, then.

I might just be a little ahead, then, as I'm in the middle of the
aftermath of said hand holding.

Mature

Detective Conan 197:
So, why is Conan suddenly a car fanatic? That doesn't really make sense. Of course, neither does having an extended scene where characters stand around and talk about cars without much of anything happening. The whole episode was pretty boring, with there not being any sort of mystery until the cliffhanger, and Kogorou was especially stupid in this episode. Just a dull AO all around, and there's still another episode of it to endure.
That was an AO!? Do they ever address him loving cars again? Haha.

Yeah Hells is def. worth giving a shot for the utterly incredible first half.

ibhPA5P0RiyirN.gif
The second half was... Hmm..

Girls und Panzer 1

I believe the CG gets a bit better as the show progresses, If I recall correctly.

Jex

Though a lot of that is warranted. All community threads are fairly cloistered, which is especially apparent in one as large as this. It can be difficult to find a point to join in the stream of consciousness that is this thread!

Also, this place is full of contrary assholes. So if you do happen to click on a particular page, that perception rings even more true.

I don't think a ton of dodgy pictures and gifs help either.

CorvoSol

I've turned off images in the User CP. It has surprisingly made my experience quite a bit better what with not being afraid that I'll open a page to a picture of a half naked middle schooler.

This is how I feel about watching Kiddy Grade. 99% of the fanservice has me grimacing in a "DO NOT WANT" position. Particularly when provided by the second lead, trapped in a child's body. Show's got an interesting plot, but I don't want to meet the guys its pandering to.

fertygo

Definitely take time before the first re-watch. Like I said before, it really helps. There were certain things I didn't "get" or really appreciate until the second watch.
Got it
The characters can be hit or miss but I really enjoyed a majority of the cast. The show really was watchable for the love story though. If you can't find yourself liking those 2, it can be a bit tough to get through the series.

There's like 3 character that have only purpose to being jerk tho.. LOLMeg, (thanks god in the movie she actually decent, director cut matter bro) bitch scientist, and white snake (I love when he got trolled though) but the rest of cast are good. Futagami and Kunugi was my favorite.. Itsuki and Quon dynamic was also great especially when you know the twist, such a great show. Ah I forgetting Levi.

But the most important thing to really into RahXephon, you must adore the main couple.

Girls und Panzer 1

The CG gets a lot better from this episode. Nothing gets as bad as that.

duckroll

why hasn't there been a BONES tv show this year so far?

I've seen it mentioned on 2ch a few times that they're supposedly working on 4 shows (makes sense, since they have 4 studios) - 2 originals and 2 adaptations. We know almost for certain that Space Dandy will start in Fall, and it's probably a B Studio show. C Studio might be working on a show called "Tenkai Knight (Night?)" which appeared on Wanpack's list on stuff they've been doing outsourcing work for (they listed that they did 19 cuts for ep5 in May). No idea what adaptations they might be doing, but they're probably going to be bad anyway. :(

Dead

well not really...yet
I've seen it mentioned on 2ch a few times that they're supposedly working on 4 shows (makes sense, since they have 4 studios) - 2 originals and 2 adaptations. We know almost for certain that Space Dandy will start in Fall, and it's probably a B Studio show. C Studio might be working on a show called "Tenkai Knight (Night?)" which appeared on Wanpack's list on stuff they've been doing outsourcing work for (they listed that they did 19 cuts for ep5 in May). No idea what adaptations they might be doing, but they're probably going to be bad anyway. :(
didn't kawamoto say a while back they were working on something new for an existing franchise?

should I even be asking considering the studio's track record with sequels?

lol?

Jex

You know, I just realized.

The funny part about the emotes was that they sort of came about when GAF had smileys built in - :lol and :D - but new members probably don't even know what those things are at this point.

:firehawk

We clearly need to bring animated avatars back.

Articalys

Just for reference, since I don't keep track of this stuff, can you remind me which shows the B and C studios respectively worked on in the last couple years?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just for reference, since I don't keep track of this stuff, can you remind me which shows the B and C studios respectively worked on in the last couple years?
B studio: Eureka Seven, Xam'd, Sword of the Stranger...
C studio: Soul Eater, Darker than Black, Star Driver...

IIRC

Ah, back when Bones was good. It's a shame Kyoda hasn't done anything in the past five years or so.

That was an AO!? Do they ever address him loving cars again? Haha.

I don't recall anything else ever being mentioned about this. It's such a weird detail for the anime to make up out of nowhere.

OceanBlue

Just read this. It's half duckroll anyways.

Lol, I was going to link that once I got to my computer. I didn't realize it was updated with info from Duckroll. That's pretty neat. I can't remember any of that stuff so I always have to refer to that site. He also wrote rundowns for Production IG and Sunrise, for those who are interested.

Edit: Also, nice avatar. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom