• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

Well, too late to delete that now I guess. Anyway, i'm only interesed in Free and Servant x Service next season. Free will herald in a new age.

Articalys

7gjxTvv.png

Well... okay then.
When did you all sign up for this thing anyway?

Also, once you have an account, is there a setting you can use to turn off the quotes at the top of show info pages?

/XX/

Now I know the true reason Dresden wants to go for it straight after 2006's film (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59425021&postcount=18766). ;-)

The funny thing is by the standards of Imaishi. TTGL was incredibly restrained[/b] it's his most restrained and traditional show to date in light of Dead Leaves and Panty&Stocking.:p

There's a fair amount of buildup in TTGL compared to the other stuff, which is mostly 100% crazy right from the beginning and doesn't have a gradual, exponential growth in hot-bloodedness like TTGL. That's why parts like the end of episode 11 are so effective.

I'm hoping KLK will be similar in the sense that the insanity increase is reasonably paced instead of just being at the highest the show can go all the time like Panty & Stocking, or the inconsistent ups and downs of Dead Leaves which just blows its load during the ending.
Yeah, I'm fairly sure it will be more similar to that. In Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann there's a progression because of the constant struggle the protagonists face, so all in all is not overboard or in you face right away and more of a effective vehicle for the very important themes explored and guided by Mr. Nakashima's own hand. Both persons are like two, outer and inner, layers where it seems like Hiroyuki Imaishi follows closely the key subtext that, while simple, abstracts much of what Kazuki Nakashima cleverly always brings to the table, not completely appreciated at first sight (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57251910&postcount=8923)... Imaishi is Nakashima's bitch so I expect the same here! :-D

I'm just surprised we already know more about Kill-la-Kill than that.
That doesn't stops here... hoping for a new ANIMESTYLE Magazine (月刊アニメスタイル) volume on the next couple of months bringing more KILL la KILL information, it needs to happen!

And guess who worked on those Outer Senshi bank transformation scenes? As a director and uncredited key animator, and apparently he was interested on doing it for free in exchange of illustrations of the protagonists made by the very same Shinya Hasegawa!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wow. That's quite a list my friend.

I'm just mid-tier as far as animegaffers' MALs go.

Anyway, for anyone wondering how to bypass the waitlist and get in, go ahead and sign up. You should get an email with a link, and when you click that link, there should be a space where you can enter a bypass code. Enter "anichartnet" in that box, submit, and then go back to your inbox where you should have another email with an account activation link. Click that and you should be good to go.

Moonlight

Banned
7gjxTvv.png

Well... okay then.
When did you all sign up for this thing anyway?

Also, once you have an account, is there a setting you can use to turn off the quotes at the top of show info pages?

I was thinking the same thing. How am I hearing about this service just now?
There's a code you can enter to skip the waiting line, with a field you can submit it in near the bottom of the page. Enter 'ANICHARTNET' and you'll get another activation eMail. You should be golden, then.

EDIT: Oh, beaten.

Articalys

Thanks. Used the code about ten minutes ago, still haven't seen any emails. Well, whatever. I'll try again with a different email address later.

Turns out that particular email provider just sucks. Tried again with a gmail address and it's working fine.

Jarmel

Banned
Darker than Black 2: Bad
Darker than Black OVA: Good/Decent
Gosick: Bad
Heroman: Mediocre/Bad
Star Driver: well I liked it *shrug* but its not great
No. 6: Mediocre
Un-Go: ?????
Eureka Seven AO: WHY MUST YOU HATE ME GOD
Blast of Tempest: Didn't watch

There's also the Towa no Quon movies/Ovas. Never watched em, have barely read any impressions about em, but I still wanna see em.

The major problem with BONES shows has been the writing. The writing has been god fucking awful. I also think the shows they've been adapting weren't really interesting anyway. That's why I'm hoping Studio D is possibly working on a Soul Eater remake.

Also fuck Kyoda.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure it will be more similar to that. In Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann there's a progression because of the constant struggle the protagonists face, so all in all is not overboard or in you face right away and more of a effective vehicle for the very important themes explored and guided by Mr. Nakashima's own hand. Both persons are like two, outer and inner, layers where it seems like Hiroyuki Imaishi follows closely the key subtext that, while simple, abstracts much of what Kazuki Nakashima cleverly always brings to the table, not completely appreciated at first sight (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=57251910&postcount=8923)... Imaishi is Nakashima's bitch so I expect the same here! :-D

I certainly hope that is the case as Dead Leaves felt like a teenage mastubatory exercise. I'm fine with a filtered or restrained Imaishi.

I'm not seeing the appeal of hummingbird. It's ugly with a terrible UI, and social media for this sort of stuff is of no interest to me. Why is this better than MAL + MALgraph?

Defuser

I realised I haven't updated my MAL list in a longass time which means I'm gonna spend an hour adding anime I've watch from the past years.

Articalys

No replies....
I think there's only like two people in this thread watching Fifth Stage, and they might both be asleep now or something.
From what I remember of their impressions, I think it's just more of the same Initial D, so if you liked it before you should probably still like it now.

Every title isn't completely romanized. It's beautiful.
If you want a mix of romanization for some and English for others, you're still at the mercy of whatever they decide the "canonical" title is, but I'll agree that it's more relaxed on the naming conventions than MAL currently is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom