• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code Geass R2 19

SERIOUSLY NINA YOU
BUILT A NUCLEAR WEAPON, ARMED IT ON A UNIT IN A GUN FOR A FIGHT YOU KNEW WOULD BE TAKING PLACE IN A CITY YOU HAD LIVED, POPULATED WITH YOUR RACE, AND THEN YOU FUCKING ORDERED SUZAKU TO FIRE IT AT LEAST TWICE.
WHAT DID YOU EVEN FUCKING THINK WOULD HAPPEN YOU ADDLEPATED EYESORE?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND YOU INSIPID LITTLE ^&*()(*(&*^T^%!!!? YOU CONDUCTED A GODDAMN TEST IN WHICH YOU SAW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN. DON'T YOU DARE TRY TO BACK OUT OF THIS!

It's not like she would know that building a
weapon of mass destruction would cause so much mass destruction!
She never knew the true meaning of it! Lol.

"Kallen! Thank goodness you're back!" Yeah, no thanks to YOU lazy losers. What happened to "I promise I will save you!"?
These things, they take time.

OH GODDAMMIT #ROLO, REALLY? Wait, what?
Since when does Geass effect the heart? Is that a thing? I feel like maaaaaybe the King of Quaker Oats brought this up, but I don't know.
Anybody else notice how #ROLO has been abusing his Geass power and it still hasn't misfired? Oh yeah because that's not a thing.

Well, he did mention in episode 12 that it's hard doing it over a large area.

You're almost there. Whatever pleasure you have experienced in this episode will soon be thrown to the wind and replaced with erupting volcanoes of pure rage.

/XX/

あなたをアゲる、STORY 02 アニメーション制作者 石田祐康 | RAIZIN / ENERGY DRINK
http://raizin-japan.com/interview/02.html

Interview with Hiroyasu Ishida, also known as Tete (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26572399&postcount=96 & http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42596925&postcount=16648), that shares some new stills of his upcoming short project, which was presented along Takashi Nakamura's new one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3f30FKHlZ8)... there will be another interview to be uploaded in there for said Mr. Nakamura?

Self avatar quote
Exactly! :)

You were spot-on saying that this Japanese animation industry is a bunch of perverts... :-D

I think there's only like two people in this thread watching Fifth Stage, and they might both be asleep now or something.
From what I remember of their impressions, I think it's just more of the same Initial D, so if you liked it before you should probably still like it now.

If you want a mix of romanization for some and English for others, you're still at the mercy of whatever they decide the "canonical" title is, but I'll agree that it's more relaxed on the naming conventions than MAL currently is.

Sounds cool. Thanks.

Articalys

At this point I'm convinced /XX/ has a massive database of news articles, interviews, videos, published works, quoted posts, etc. relating to directors, animators, illustrators, and similar people in the anime industry dating back to antiquity, from which he can draw forth resources at a moment's notice.

Risette

A Good Citizen
At this point I'm convinced /XX/ has a massive database of news articles, interviews, videos, published works, quoted posts, etc. relating to directors, animators, illustrators, and similar people in the anime industry dating back to antiquity.
That's why we love him!

Always informative.

Moonlight

Banned
At this point I'm convinced /XX/ is a massive database of news articles, interviews, videos, published works, quoted posts, etc. relating to directors, animators, illustrators, and similar people in the anime industry dating back to antiquity, from which he can draw forth resources at a moment's notice.
FTFY.

Very fascinating, though.

/XX/

At this point I'm convinced /XX/ has a massive database of news articles, interviews, videos, published works, quoted posts, etc. relating to directors, animators, illustrators, and similar people in the anime industry dating back to antiquity, from which he can draw forth resources at a moment's notice.
In this case Tsuka is the cool guy for bringing this up to my attention... I'm just a forgetful messenger searching for his own posts, Memento-like, but that you precisely said this about it makes me proud. Thanks! :)

Kurumi is a miracle. Yoshino is a cutie but Kurumi is just one of the best characters ever.
The minute she goes up for preorders in figurine form Im hitting the preorder button. not even gonna second guess it. Just hitting the button with the fury of a scorned god.
Her voice is perfect :
1359757974132.gif
I will get one too :)
lol. what in the hell is going on there?
This is what happens when your boobs are the most important magical power source of your own universe.

I think there's only like two people in this thread watching Fifth Stage, and they might both be asleep now or something.
From what I remember of their impressions, I think it's just more of the same Initial D, so if you liked it before you should probably still like it now.

Fifth stage is great. If you liked the first series , you can't complain as it's at the top of his game. Watch it ASAP.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
i wanna try hummingbird hint hint
I'm just mid-tier as far as animegaffers' MALs go.

Anyway, for anyone wondering how to bypass the waitlist and get in, go ahead and sign up. You should get an email with a link, and when you click that link, there should be a space where you can enter a bypass code. Enter "anichartnet" in that box, submit, and then go back to your inbox where you should have another email with an account activation link. Click that and you should be good to go.
SWEET

If Hummingbird uses English titles, this could be a game changer! Too bad I'm #5026 in line.

This will help you:

Anyway, for anyone wondering how to bypass the waitlist and get in, go ahead and sign up. You should get an email with a link, and when you click that link, there should be a space where you can enter a bypass code. Enter "anichartnet" in that box, submit, and then go back to your inbox where you should have another email with an account activation link. Click that and you should be good to go.

I'm just mid-tier as far as animegaffers' MALs go.

Oh thanks that was helpful.

Anyway mines http://hummingbird.me/users/3690-27cansoftuna

Naruto Shippuden Episode 315 – Lingering Snow
tumblr_mnm57kaLxF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really made me sad, relatable. Anyway alright ending to this three episode miniarc, kind of hilarious though for ANBU
how they were caught in Shikamaru's jutsu and the kids managed to sneak in and escape
. I hope the next episode, even though it is filler, actually has good minifights and unique jutsus.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 315 – Lingering Snow
tumblr_mnm57kaLxF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Really made me sad, relatable. Anyway alright ending to this three episode miniarc, kind of hilarious though for ANBU
how they were caught in Shikamaru's jutsu and the kids managed to sneak in and escape
. I hope the next episode, even though it is filler, actually has good minifights and unique jutsus.

How can this series (manga / anime) still be going strong? How long was Dragonball's original manga / anime run btw for comparison's sake?

/XX/

At the very least we can expect some awesome stuff from the next 4 episodes, the Yamato hype train is sadly the midnight ride that no one ever goes on :/
Come on, don't say that! Maybe people are waiting for the recently scheduled TV airing to catch-up, and there is also the movie on the far-away horizon, so this kind of fragmented watching deters from an easier and closer following of it in the beginning. Give it time!

Also, required mention of a fan-site for all the Space Battleship Yamato needs (to be updated again this week):

ourstarblazers.com • Cosmo DNA
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/

Specially interesting lately thanks to those 'Yamatalk Night' reports by Gwyn Campbell (‏@GwynCampbell) featured there:

Yamatalk Night 3 Report
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/738_Yamatalk3/index.html

Yamatalk Night 4 Report
http://www.ourstarblazers.com/754_Yamatalk4/index.html

How can this series (manga / anime) still be going strong? How long was Dragonball's original manga / anime run btw for comparison's sake?

I dont know, its pretty addicting, Ive been waking up at 6/7am just to watch it for the past few years now.

Gave up watching dragonball z when it seemed like he was never going to get off snake way :/ awful pacing.

Team AnimeGAF easily overpowered the Jojo vote last year. I'd be more concerned that people genuinely enjoyed Attack on Titan more (which I guess could be true but unlikely).

I think it's more the fact that movies generally don't do very well in the voting.

Also, Attack on Titan>Wolf People.

Attack on Titan won't win for the same reason Sword Art Online didn't win. It's less of a Jojo thing where everyone who watches anime loves it because it's a throwback to an old classic. It's more of a Toonami thing where lots of people who probably don't watch anime, don't post in anime threads, and don't care about anime in general just find it really cool. If it's the only anime they watch, they're not even going to bother "voting" in an AOTY thread.

In the end raw popularity doesn't mean much in GAF's AOTY, there are many other factors.

There were a few people that only voted for JoJo last year. I'm sure the same thing will happen this year, even if it's not many.

Also, AoT is definitely more popular than SAO here.

Team AnimeGAF easily overpowered the Jojo vote last year. I'd be more concerned that people genuinely enjoyed Attack on Titan more (which I guess could be true but unlikely).

Will AnimeGaf have a consensus show to rally around like Hyouka? I could easily see the vote being split too many ways to push anything to #1 over Titan. We need something to split the casual vote away from Titan.

And there's no way a movie is going to take #1.

I have a feeling that Kill-la-Kill will underperform in the casual bloc in spite of the Gurren-Lagann associations simply by virtue of people being repulsed by the fact that it stars a schoolgirl in revealing clothing. You know, because that makes it a moe kawaii show for pedophiles.

Yeah, this is likely unfortunately. And if it does place, you'll get a lot of people complaining about how anime is dead because something like that made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom