• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blusby

There's only one choice
XwSY9lc.gif

Aku no Hana / Flowers of Evil 8

Wow. This series extremely heavy. This is one of the few anime that I have watched where I can truly feel the tension of the main character.

I also love the symbolism of the characters. My interpretation is that
Nakamura-san is symbolized as somewhat of a devil, who has nothing but evil intentions and forces Takao to do despicable things by blackmailing him. She also tempts Takao to think perverse thoughts, which may be part of his true subconscious. Explicitly symbolized in the actual anime as an angel, Nanoko is the polar opposite of Nakamura-san. She has nothing but innocent and positive feelings, though that could just be her mask that she wears. Nakamura's plan is to sabotage Takao's eternal bliss with Nanoko, much like the devil would tempt you away from heaven.

Another theme is the concept of "masks" that each person wears to hide their true personality. I'll write about that another time.

Will AnimeGaf have a consensus show to rally around like Hyouka? I could easily see the vote being split too many ways to push anything to #1 over Titan. We need something to split the casual vote away from Titan.

That's impossible to say at this point. Certainly a year ago this time no one would have expected Hyouka to emerge a clear favorite. If there is a show that's able to build a widespread body of support here, it'll probably be something airing in the fall.

(I don't think Titan will do as well as some people assume, though, especially with the production situation the way it is.)

That's impossible to say at this point. Certainly a year ago this time no one would have expected Hyouka to emerge a clear favorite. If there is a show that's able to build a widespread body of support here, it'll probably be something airing in the fall.

(I don't think Titan will do as well as some people assume, though, especially with the production situation the way it is.)

It is definitely too early to know. Though I'm not sure how much production difficulties will hurt it considering Jojo's example last year.

And I realized I never posted my hummingbird profile. It's here.

Grzi

'Sup guys, although I haven't been posting much lately I still felt the need to make a Hummingbird account so I don't feel completely left out, I am following the thread all the time, just don't have much time to watch stuff lately, which should change soon.

I followed a bunch of you, feel free to follow back, also, those I missed so I can follow them too:
http://hummingbird.me/users/3709-grzi/feed

Uta no prince sama Maji Love 2000% Episode 9 (utapri)

Pretty phenomenal episode they even (CR) got the lyrics finally to Maji Love 2000% (ai wa shooting star!). Nanami's performance of the song except in her piano arrangement (just like in Season 1) was definitely one of the best moments for her character so far. She is really good as composer.

tumblr_mnl0veJqV01rimkygo2_500.jpg

Am quite hyped for HEAVENS. They should be a good group I bet and hopefully have a performance just as good as Quartet Night's Poison Kiss.

Kind of terrible if all three of these songs are bonus cd exclusives...

Naruto Shippuden Episode 315 – Lingering Snow

Really made me sad, relatable. Anyway alright ending to this three episode miniarc, kind of hilarious though for ANBU
how they were caught in Shikamaru's jutsu and the kids managed to sneak in and escape
. I hope the next episode, even though it is filler, actually has good minifights and unique jutsus.

So it finally ended?

Fantastic.

What if Wolf Children hit US theater widely?

Gintama movie trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R8hcnnJ_SgI

Well, I'm officially excited.

What if Wolf Children hit US theater widely?

As well deserved as that would be, I doubt GKids will be able to pull that off.

Max excite!

It is definitely too early to know. Though I'm not sure how much production difficulties will hurt it considering Jojo's example last year.

Jojo wasn't rushed; it just had a low budget. With Titan, I'm expecting that it won't be too long before they have to resort to multiple recaps and possibly indefinitely postponing the final episodes.

To anyone who cares about the lack of US Blu-rays from Kadokawa, the Blu-ray of Heaven's Lost Property: Forte just arrived today and a whole month early! I have yet to open the actual case, in for whatever reason Kadokawa forced FUNi to reduce the Blu-ray quality and I need to return it, but here's what I can tell you.

The packaging is a standard Blu-ray case with a Blu-ray sided O-card. No artbox, no new cover art, and no new extras. I would not expect any new reversible art compared to the LE DVD release, but that may actually be the one new thing available other than the FUNi series trailers.

The release does state 1080p video with 5.1 English and 2.0 Japanese. You will have to ask someone else or look for another review to see if subtitles are locked as there is no indication on the package. Really hoping this Blu-ray was worth double-dipping for in the end.

Holy crap with all this MAL and Hummingbird stuff. Am I the only one who just uses ANN's 'My Anime' tool, cause I'm starting to feel like that one kid in school who liked Digimon when everyone else was into Pokemon.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I wonder how many days I would have if I actually bothered listing all my re watches and hentai.

Theonik

Holy crap with all this MAL and Hummingbird stuff. Am I the only one who just uses ANN's 'My Anime' tool, cause I'm starting to feel like that one kid in school who liked Digimon when everyone else was into Pokemon.
Join the fancy list revolution.

I wonder how many days I would have if I actually bothered listing all my re watches and hentai.
Yeah I don't really list my hentai or rewatches either with some exceptions.

Theonik

Ive been trying to understand the recommendations.

Would I really like Tatami Galaxy or Poyopoyo?
Your tastes are unusually focused with criteria that do not match what most people use to evaluate if something is good so conventional prediction models would prove ineffective.
TL;DR: Sure watch them and post the results here for our amusement so we can judge.

Cd9nXSM.png

This is a pretty great site.

The 2% who voted against it make me sick.

Agreed. Clannad After Story is what you get when somebody at the office says:

"Hey! You think we could actually EXPAND on the relationship of these two other than high school? Let's get them out of that place!"

Well to be fair, it's how it went in the Visual Novel IIRC so I guess they just adapted from that.

Seriously, I barely see any anime where the main character is already in a relationship. It's always him finding true love. I'd rather see true love already in action rather than someone looking for it at this point. And boy did After Story do it right.

Is there any other anime where the young main character is already in a relationship and the series just expands on that? THAT's the kind of slice of life I want to see.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I used to use ANN until I ran into their horrible database management. They refuse to add titles I've seen.

My enjoyment of anime would be lessened if I didn't get to see bars go up by watching it. Hummingbird doesn't have any malgraph style data, it's a shame.

Patlabor TV 1

Perhaps the main feature of the Patlabor franchise that separates it from other mecha series is its mundanity. The TV show drives that home, since it starts with Section 2 containing and arresting a drunk driver (albeit not doing the greatest job of containing). I like this treatment of mecha as just big vehicles, as opposed to amazing crazy superpowered weapons. It keeps things on a more human, approachable scale.

Speaking of humans, this episode served as a good (re)introduction to the central cast. Despite this being a different continuity from the OVA/movies, their personalities are still the same. (I wonder, will they ever show the actual pilots of Section 1?) I really liked how the scenario was designed to show off Noa's enthusiasm, affection, and aptitude for Patlabors. Having her get accidentally mixed up in the already formed Section 2 makes for a stronger character introduction than just dropping everyone off all at once like the OVA did. While Yamazaki and Shinshi got shafted as always, Asuma, Ohta, Shinobu, and especially Goto, whose laid-back nature steals the show, got their chance to shine as well.

The production values have taken a substantial hit from the OVA, as is to be expected, and these character designs will take some getting used to. The downgrade from the OVA OP to the TV OP is even more painful. But I think the scenario and character work, which should be explored in a way the OVA didn't do much of, will make up for that.

fertygo

My enjoyment of anime would be lessened if I didn't get to see bars go up by watching it. Hummingbird doesn't have any malgraph style data, it's a shame.

Well that's fanmade, if this becoming hit there's one eventually.

TBH I'm happy enough if this can made MAL revisit their policy.

Maybe this like IF PS4 have no Xbone's DRM.

Midonin

The cool kids don't use anything at all.
I've never gotten into the "catalog all the anime I watch" thing either. Not my style. Once I've watched something, it's good to just let the emotions from watching it sink in, not immediately run to mark a checkbox on a list.

fertygo

Patlabor TV 1

The production values have taken a substantial hit from the OVA, as is to be expected, and these character designs will take some getting used to. The downgrade from the OVA OP to the TV OP is even more painful. But I think the scenario and character work, which should be explored in a way the OVA didn't do much of, will make up for that.

I actually prefer the TV design.

I need finish the OVAs.

I've never gotten into the "catalog all the anime I watch" thing either. Not my style. Once I've watched something, it's good to just let the emotions from watching it sink in, not immediately run to mark a checkbox on a list.

Thing actually help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom