• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
R2 mechs are just disgusting. A mess of clashing colors, gaudy as hell, terribly mismatched proportions, and lol weapons/accessories.

That one mech piloted by the blonde knight might be one of the worst of all time.

Original Lancelot in R1 is pretty boss though. Especially the original Red/Gold version that was in newtype when the show was originally announced.

Episode 21 you can't predict. Episode 25 is telegraphed really early. It's fairly obvious what the plan is to a large extent.

That's sure is easy for you to say after the fact. I recall that no one predicted that ending when I was watching it as it aired. Your memories may vary.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
R2 mechs are just disgusting. A mess of clashing colors, gaudy as hell, terribly mismatched proportions, and lol weapons/accessories.

That one mech piloted by the blonde knight might be one of the worst of all time.

Original Lancelot in R1 is pretty boss though. Especially the original Red/Gold version that was in newtype when the show was originally announced.

Shinkirou was pretty cool.

JCG

That's why I don't like the Knights of the Rounds and their custom mecha, so I'll agree there. I like a handful of the others.

By the way, they've actually resurrected that early Lancelot color scheme for one of the newer manga spin-offs.

Narag

Angela and Labra are the worst best police.

They're just enforcing the laws of the land!!

It's early but this feels like a show that's more all ages than skewed to what I assume is mostly a younger girl demographic. The kind of thing the parents could watch with the kids without being bored, I guess.

Heroism takes many forms, Branduil.

edit: lol opened it up to see:

Congratulations. You're the second man to make me unfasten my button.

Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait (Glass no Kantai: La Legende du Vent de l'Univers)

You're doing a great thing for the rest of anime fandom.

zeroshiki

While I think mecha design in Geass is stupid outside a couple versions of the Guren, RahXephon has like, RahXephon and nothing else. What the hell is this comparison even about>

Dead

well not really...yet
While I think mecha design in Geass is stupid outside a couple versions of the Guren, RahXephon has like, RahXephon and nothing else. What the hell is this comparison even about>
the latter half had several other mechs, main + mass produce ones plus I guess if you want to count the final form Rahxephon

I can't speak for Code Geass, since I only saw the first episode, but as for Valvrave I was convinced it didn't take itself seriously by the random groping in the first episode. Further episodes have only reenforced that opinion. You can't write a line like "Call me Moses" and intend it to be taken seriously.

Well, I think you can still laugh at some absurdities in stuff like Valvrave or Geass while still being invested in the plot. Something that's "so bad it's good" to me is pretty much something like Garzey's Wing, where you can't be invested in the plot because it's completely incomprehensible, so all that's left is to laugh.

So for me, I can definitely consider Valvrave legitimately good beyond it not taking itself seriously. I still want to know where things go, and not just because of how ridiculous/hilarious it can get.

Branduil

I think I'm going to start this tomorrow.

ibc4fRq1oNr78Y.gif

Jarmel

Banned
That's sure is easy for you to say after the fact. I recall that no one predicted that ending when I was watching it as it aired. Your memories may vary.

Very few people I was talking with were surprised about the ending at all. They straight up told the audience a good chunk of the plan. It wasn't something that came out of left-field.

kayos90

Just signed up for hummingbird. I like it. It's pretty slick.

Anyone wanna link their profiles so I can follow and stuff?

Dead

well not really...yet
back when the first episode aired originally, I remember reactions to it being absolutely vicious

That's how i recall it too .

I was on many communities at the time and we were all expecting something ..but certainly not that.
You've hit a new low.

Question for AnimeGAF: How's the Linebarrels anime?

HORRIBLE.
If you reach episode 2 , you have more MP than me. ( MP = Mind points )

kayos90

I'm running into that predicament of updating all the stuff I watched. I wish I could import other people's list and then modify them. Too lazy to remember what I've watched over the years.

I'm running into that predicament of updating all the stuff I watched. I wish I could import other people's list and then modify them. Too lazy to remember what I've watched over the years.

Just look through everyone's list then I guess. Painfully and slowly.

Ezalc

Damn that bad? I almost feel like watching it just to see if it really is that horrible. Though I don't have the same amount of willpower as Corvo for such things, nor would my impressions be anywhere as entertaining.

kayos90

I've played more COD than the time you have spent watching anime. How? I don't play that much.

Who is it?

Uhh.... trust me. I have watched a ton of anime. My library is just really small because I'm too lazy to go through and remember all the shows I've watched and dropped over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom