• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to ask everyone who suddenly switched to Hummingbird: are you using the English of Canonical title setting?

English

Am I the only one who sees Valvrave not as a "so bad it's good" show, but simply as a good show? In order for it to be the former it'd have to take itself seriously, but it doesn't.

Its a good show. Solid cast of protagonists and antagonists), good singing (she should sing more), good mecha design and really done well shocks, surprises, and story.

wonzo

Banned
You're in Oz, right? Did you get the chance to go to the festival screening in Queensland last month?

I've found a few reviews that suggests it's very short and, as usual, a bit thin on characterisation, but very nonetheless.
I don't live in Queensland so I wasn't able to check it out (and probably wouldn't have anyway given how big the state is) but people attending the screeings in Japan could buy the BD early so…

It's also ~46 minutes long apparently. lol

mAcOdIn

Valvrave 8
vampires didn't try to bite glasses girl and regenerate her. I guess they just didn't give a shit. I sure didn't.
Well, not to be an ass but if my vampire powers also transfer my consciousness, soul, whatever, into another body I sure as shit wouldn't be thinking about inserting myself into a corpse.
Don't forget to vote for my doom.
Crest of the Stars

Date a Live 03

Sorry Reine, you have to settle for second.
Tohka is waaaaaay too cute and too much of a total badass.
This episode was adorable with a not so adorable surprise at the end, followed by more cute.
Fuck I LOVE this.

Tohka > Reine > Origami > Tamae > Imouto

Tohka never stops being awesome, even after more are added to the harem. If anything, Origami drops further down the list.

Koroko 06

Fuck yes Inaba. 10/10 would smang

This is kinda nice, midseason we actually see things mixed up a little instead of just retreading the same stuff.
Koroko 07

Aoki just made a sound when clenching his fist, sorta like he was wearing gloves even though his hands were bare. I can't replicate this. What made the studio think that clenching your fist even makes a sound like that?!

That reminds me.

I was watching Magic Knight Rayearth 2 the other day and couldnt help but notice that Clamp or someone had cars on the brain. There is a battleship called Autozam (a Mazda tuner). There is a character called Zagato (an italian tuning company), Chizeta (Cizeta a supercar), as well as identifiable names of dozens of small japanese K cars not familair to the Us like Cefiro and Presea. As a car nut I am ECSTATIC about this. Yeah Im easily amused. Threy even threw NSX in there (a honda/Acura supercar)
I squeed so much!

Hahaha nice. NSX's are timeless. Japanese 90 sports cars were the best. I really don't like what they did with the new one. They went from this:

Honda-NSX-0.jpg

to this

2012-honda-nsx1.jpg

/XX/

I should certainly hope not. You shouldn't give those people hits by linking to them.
I see no key differences on how opinionated are their articles compared to many other places, so why single them out? Any specific reason (like a review, for example) behind that?

Man, I remember having a reasonably nice time with Tamako Market while it was airing but seeing all this talk of specific episodes makes me realize it's all mostly just a blur to me now. I get the feeling that in trying to play it so safe they ended up crossing the line into being plain and simply forgettable once all's said and done.
Wouldn't you call a standout the episode 9 (Mr. Kigami's episode)? I think it comparatively left a clear imprint that one, in retrospect...

Reminds me of CAPCOM's auto modellista, mainly because they also used the Mazda εfini RX-7 as poster car on promotional images and such. I miss projects like that from them...

cajunator

Banned
Hahaha nice. NSX's are timeless. Japanese 90 sports cars were the best. I really don't like what they did with the new one. They went from this:

The new nsx looks a bit more production ready than starks movie car but its definitely much more exotic than the everyday mans supercar the original nsx was.

Kokoro 08

It's pretty clear that Yui isn't really the one with a problem in this story arc. I really am looking forward to seeing Inaba open up a little bit more and in her own words "blow off some steam."

/XX/

Can't say I remember the specifics of that episode. Care to refresh my mind?
Tamako's father little back-story (how he met her mother)...

The new nsx looks a bit more production ready than starks movie car but its definitely much more exotic than the everyday mans supercar the original nsx was.
What it would have been the Honda HSV 2010 'production model' looked really good. :-(

zeroshiki

I don't live in Queensland so I wasn't able to check it out (and probably wouldn't have anyway given how big the state is) but people attending the screeings in Japan could buy the BD early so…

It's also ~46 minutes long apparently. lol

Wait, 46 mins? WTF

I'm back to Gothicmade again, apparently >_>

trejo

Tamako's father little back-story (how he meet her mother)...

Oh right. I'm afraid that episode didn't really do a whole lot for me. :(

It did lead me to discover Keiji Fujiwara actually has a pretty good singing voice, though, so at least it had that going for it.

Tamako's father little back-story (how he met her mother)...

What it would have been the Honda HSV 2010 'production model' looked really good. :-(

It was never meant to be ;___;

Its alright we still have the GT 86

This will be mine.

On topic, I think Initial D is the only anime thats about racing cars iirc which is surprising because street racing is so big in Japan.

cajunator

Banned
It was never meant to be ;___;

Its alright we still have the GT 86

This will be mine.

On topic, I think Initial D is the only anime thats about racing cars iirc which is surprising because street racing is so big in Japan.

Sorry but I dont like toyota styling very much and always that that car was ugly as fuck. at least in front. the back is alright. the Subaru BRZ is much better looking in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom