• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

This discussion has prompted me to add some quotes on the Utena series and movie pages on Hummingbird.

*music kicks in* *car revs up in the background*

sogood
One thing I just noticed with regards to the dub is how they changed the audio mix on the car sequences. Bad.

This anime really has the best pvs and cm, best moment easily. (nagisa and haruka)
tumblr_mnnk5kBOKb1qmencro1_500.gif

Valvrave 8

For the most part it was a pretty "normal" episode, but everything with L-Elf continues to be gold.
When he just got up and easily freed himself from his restraints, oh man. And that ending promises all sorts of nonsense to come.

Theonik

I knew the dub was bad but holy shit.

HOW THE FUCK COULD ANYONE DO THAT?????
It might have to do with the materials they got to be fair but basically re-did the sound effects for those scenes. (maybe they only got a track that was voices + effects, though they still messed up.)
From watching EP28, there is only 1 rev (different sound too) with some other minor alterations there and they also added an engine hum on the driving scene itself that was absent from the Japanese dub. The US dub is also much louder as is usual with this sort of thing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Keep in mind that many sound effects throughout the show were redone for the Remastered version, under Ikuhara's direction. One of these is the engine sound. He wanted it to be deeper than it normally should be for such a car.

They also redid the first two versions of ZUM. First is more lead with backup than a chorus now, and the second is remixed to use this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpK-LS0KncY

Theonik

Keep in mind that many sound effects throughout the show were redone for the Remastered version, under Ikuhara's direction. One of these is the engine sound. He wanted it to be deeper than it normally should be for such a car.
Oh, so that might explain it then since the dub's sound effects would be based on the original track rather than the remaster.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh, so that might explain it then since the dub's sound effects would be based on the original track rather than the remaster.
Yeah. The drop of water on the rose signet is different. The bells are different. Etc, etc.

Still doesn't mean they didn't fuck with things, but it's something to look into.

Theonik

Yeah. The drop of water on the rose signet is different. The bells are different. Etc, etc.

Still doesn't mean they didn't fuck with things, but it's something to look into.
I'd have to find a source for pre-remaster Utena and I'm probably too lazy to do so.
I assume the changes weren't just in what sounds they used but their timing.
ie in 28 dub, you get 1 reving, when you also see the pedal but the Japanese track uses another deeper rev, and then has the engine being constantly reved later on the scene, absent in the dub.

Stop posting bad tumblr gif's and start watching this masterpiece before ruining it with google.

Too late.....I saw a top comment on a vid and it said the End of Evangelion made more sense than Utena. I'm not going to watch it when I have exams coming.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry about this.

I don't get it why does that prove its CGI?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Too late.....I saw a top comment on a vid and it said the End of Evangelion made more sense than Utena. I'm not going to watch it when I have exams coming.
Youtube comments are the worst thing on the internet and you should feel bad for reading them.
I don't get it why does that prove its CGI?
It's not CGI, whoever wrote that knew fuck shit about the movie. Also, he's probably a bat.

DEVIL SURVIVOR - 09
DEVIL%20SURVIVOR%202%20THE%20ANIMATION%20-%2009.jpg

Too bad that "the world" means Japan only
That wasn't a bad episode. Rather alcor was quite intresting during this episode.

This was mostly an episode based on the concept of choices and i'm intrested into what will happen next.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'd have to find a source for pre-remaster Utena and I'm probably too lazy to do so.
I assume the changes weren't just in what sounds they used but their timing.
ie in 28 dub, you get 1 reving, when you also see the pedal but the Japanese track uses another deeper rev, and then has the engine being constantly reved later on the scene, absent in the dub.
Yeah, just checked and it's an original/remaster sound mix issue.

Necrovex

Utena, come for the cars, stay for all the shirtless men.

I get enough shirtless men at work. It's ewwwy; it's even nastier since I work at a grocery store. No one wants hair on their food!

I need to sit down and power through Utena. I'm making progress, but I am moving so bloody slow. Job hunting this week (at least I have two part-time jobs now amounting to 40 hours a week) murdered my anime activities.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Date A Live 7-8

Wow these episodes sucked. Kurumi is awful. The "erotic" scenes were honestly gross as hell. She's the least interesting girl so far in the series both in terms of personality and especially in looks. The only decent bits were with Tohka who is the best girl by far.

1. Tohka
2. Kotori
3. Reine
4. Sensei
5. Mana
6. Yoshino
7. Origami
4231. Kurumi

i think i needa go back to date a live. I feel like i'm missing out on something.

But I probably need to drop a show... valvrave sorry.

Also that oreimo thread is still going.

Necrovex

I also have a One Piece anime question: When do the episodes turn into one manga chapter per episode? I gotta decide if I will read or watch the White Beard Saga!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Date A Live is the third best show this season

like it a lot but dunno

1. gargantia
2. aku no hana
3. maou sama
4. hentai prince
5. valvrave
6. titan
7. railgun
8. snafu
9. date a live
10. crime edge

would be my top 10 so far. really love this season, its rejuvenated my unhealthy passion for this crappy medium

idk, I just can never get into Railgun Index shit, even though I've seen all the shows and read like 1 LN.

The yuri overtones pale compare to other shows too, and my favorite characters in railgun were the 2 side girls....

Is s2 aight?

Are they doing another index show? Need more girls getting punched.

Theonik

Hataraku Maou-sama 09
I bet
The SFC dude is the 4th general.
Good episode, Chiho is indeed cute.

Valvrave 08
Glorious.
I died when L-Elf just got up from his bonds just sitting there patiently with them secretly undone waiting for Haruto to call.

problem i have with index/railgun universe is that they take all this stupid ass shit WAY TOO SERIOUSLY.

This season of Railgun in particular has been serious. And it's less interesting they are just repeating an arc I've already seen. One in which we already know ends with
Touma saving the day.

like it a lot but dunno

1. gargantia
2. aku no hana
3. maou sama
4. hentai prince
5. valvrave
6. titan
7. railgun
8. snafu
9. date a live
10. crime edge

would be my top 10 so far. really love this season, its rejuvenated my unhealthy passion for this crappy medium

1) Gargantia
2) Maou Sama
3) Space Bros
4) SNAFU
5) Valvrave
6) Majestic Prince
7) Hentai Prince
8) Railgun
9) date a live
10) Titan (though I considering putting Crime Edge here too)

Listing them out makes me realize that this is a better season than I was giving it credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom