• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

It's back.

But what's the point of bringing it back in such a neutered form? Does duckroll expect us to actually talk about the game or something?

Yo Hosannabro, I'll take you up on that Kira Deco deal if you agree to watch Vampire Miyu TV.

Already seen it though.

I don't live in Queensland so I wasn't able to check it out (and probably wouldn't have anyway given how big the state is) but people attending the screeings in Japan could buy the BD early so…

It's also ~46 minutes long apparently. lol

I think it's better for Shinkai to not drag things out too much. The longer his movies go, the more he needs some kind of plot to keep things going, and he doesn't do a very good job at that. Drawing out a poignant, bittersweet romantic emotion - that's the one thing he excels at, and it's something that doesn't benefit from a longer runtime.

trejo

Episode one of season two starts with naked child Kirino, although it doesn't show any genitalia or nipples. And the incest is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off the charts.

To be fair there's still no actual incest. It's just heavily, heavily implied much more so than ever before to the point of ridicule.

You have no idea.

it might.

WHAT THE HELL?! I'm half way through and I haven't seen any goddamn cars. I guess there were some when Wakaba was running home but those hardly count.

Hmm. you should watch the movie if you want that.

Ohhhhh, now it makes sense.

There's plenty of sexy cars in the show too.

NOW IT DOESN'T! I kind of want to go through the show even faster just to see this but now I'm on a paranoid car watch. What could they possibly do with a car that's making everyone so coy?

I get enough shirtless men at work. It's ewwwy; it's even nastier since I work at a grocery store. No one wants hair on their food!

I need to sit down and power through Utena. I'm making progress, but I am moving so bloody slow. Job hunting this week (at least I have two part-time jobs now amounting to 40 hours a week) murdered my anime activities.

What kind of crazy grocery do you work at? I'm both intrigued and wary of a grocery that is so...chill.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's better for Shinkai to not drag things out too much. The longer his movies go, the more he needs some kind of plot to keep things going, and he doesn't do a very good job at that. Drawing out a poignant, bittersweet romantic emotion - that's the one thing he excels at, and it's something that doesn't benefit from a longer runtime.
Well, as his last movie can attest to. 2 hours didn't really help that movie from being about... well, going on a journey to learn how to say goodbye.

This only happened after kayos90 came back from self-exile.
It all makes sense. How much SAO talk was there?!

Meh, we've done better worse better.
I don't know either!

My Forum Anime Thread SNAFU
A Certain Magical Anime Thread.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Isn't that just one from one of the PSP games?
You might be right, although I could have sworn it originated in the light novel. Someone better versed on this shittiness needs to clarify.
NOW IT DOESN'T! I kind of want to go through the show even faster just to see this but now I'm on a paranoid car watch. What could they possibly do with a car that's making everyone so coy?
You shall see!

You might be right, although I could have sworn it originated in the light novel. Someone better versed on this shittiness needs to clarify

After a few minutes of googling, it seems like it is indeed just a route in the PSP game...for now.

Edit: Two juniors have already sacrificed themselves in the Oreimo thread. Is it so hard to read?

Well, as his last movie can attest to. 2 hours didn't really help that movie from being about... well, going on a journey to learn how to say goodbye.

He wasn't involved but that's what A Letter to Momo amounts to and people seem to like it. Other people I mean, I wasn't a big fan.

Utena 27
weA5NUh.png
Oh, Nanami, how you make me laugh. I'm sorry I was skeptical of your episodes, this one was great.

Dynedom

Majestic Price - 09

This show is starting to feel really old school Mechanime, for better or worse. The plot seems fairly simple enough. I think the show is striking the balance between comedy and drama a bit better. Interesting to also see
a love triangle forming. Dipping into the Macross realm now

It's not ideal but their does seem to be character development.

trejo

I don't think the last volume is out yet and they haven't said anything yet about not being related.

It still wouldn't surprise me if it turned out the author didn't have the balls to go through with it and pulled that cop-out at the last minute.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay guys, I leave my next marathon up to you. Will I watch:

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

or

Sora no Woto

or

Crest of the Stars

Whichever choice has the most votes when I wake up tomorrow will be it.

Sora no Woto.

Although I almost imagine that you'd probably hate it. lol

My Anime Thread Can't Be This Cute
Uta no AnimeGAF-Sama 3000%.

He wasn't involved but that's what A Letter to Momo amounts to and people seem to like it. Other people I mean, I wasn't a big fan.
Hoshi o Ou Kodomo is no A Letter to Momo. I mean, at least A Letter To Momo had some life to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom