• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayearth

Neo Member
Code BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA R2 23

So I got this idea for a new type of episode theme for slice of life anime. Alongside the beach episode and the onsen episode, there should be an episode that only consists of the show's characters watching and reacting to Code Geass R2.

K-On! 13 Extra END Dub Edition

Winter is here! And it's ridiculous. Everyone knows winter only exists in Alaska, so when it snows, everyone else in the world flips their shit... except Greenland and Russia. So this is pretty unrealistic.

35K87.jpg

Everyone is just busy busy busy, with Azusa stealing all of Mio's moe moments for her self, but cats are pretty selfish anyway, so it makes sense really.

I think Mio wrote a love letter to Ritsu, but just called them lyrics, mainly due to how Ritsu thought it was a love letter to begin with. Speaking of which... There were 3 dudes.

3 DUDES!

That's 3 too many in this series! Why are there dudes in K-On!? They should only be implied to exist, not actually exist.

Well whatever, this isn't Yuru Yuri so I can't file a complaint here. I vote Azunyan #2 to be the new Azusa, now with more hair balls.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
K-On! 13 Extra END

I think Mio wrote a love letter to Ritsu, but just called them lyrics, mainly due to how Ritsu thought it was a love letter to begin with. Speaking of which... There were 3 dudes.

3 DUDES!

That's 3 too many in this series! Why are there dudes in K-On!? They should only be implied to exist, not actually exist.

sexist

Shergal

K-On! 13 Extra END

This is probably my favourite episode of the 1st season.

It's so chill and atmospheric, and getting to see what the characters do by themselves and how is a pretty nice change of dynamics for 20 minutes.

I also really like how Kyoani does winter. Yep, they are great at it, just look at Hyouka 20 and 21 or even Disappearance.

CorvoSol

So I got this idea for a new type of episode theme for slice of life anime. Alongside the beach episode and the onsen episode, there should be an episode that only consists of the show's characters watching and reacting to Code Geass R2.

Sounds wildly depressing.

This sounds kind of boring.

Lelouch: "HA HA! Look at that! My Geass totally had the opposite effect of what I intended! Again! God, I'm such a riot! AHAHAHAHA!"

...nope. Not seeing it.

Quasar

Chihayafuru 2.21 - Liked this episode, but then I like all Chihayafuru episodes. Some actual Arata scenes. And some Arata/Chihaya interaction. Though Chihaya picking up left handed play so easily didn't really sit right with me. Though I guess she is about to get hammered next episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OF course, I watched Saki Achiga-hen episode 16, the last episode. I'll have to do a longer review for that one eventually. It was great as always though of course. Now for the long wait until the next show, next year...
It'll be years before you ever see the Achiga girls again. lol

I also watched the Seitokai Yakuindomo OVA 6 after it released, but didn't write about it at the time. It was classic SYD, which means that it was pretty silly, entertaining stuff, even if the jokes mostly worked from the series' usual playbook. I really wish that they'd do a full second season, instead of OVA episodes every 4-6 months... ah well, at least it's something. But yes, it's funny. Watch SYD for sure. Good stuff, and the constant sexual humor is often entertaining, along with the other humor in the series too. Plus I like that it's a harem-setting show that actually definitely is not harem at all. It's great that it is not another harem series, comedy or no. Instead, it's "watch girls say risque stuff, the show". That's better.
It's a harem inasmuch as he's the only guy around, but it's not really about romance or girls falling over themselves to fall on him!

OceanBlue

This is probably my favourite episode of the 1st season.

It's so chill and atmospheric, and getting to see what the characters do by themselves and how is a pretty nice change of dynamics for 20 minutes.

I also really like how Kyoani does winter. Yep, they are great at it, just look at Hyouka 20 and 21 or even Disappearance.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. The slow pace, the neutral colors, and the subdued tone of the episode really made me adore it. It was also interesting seeing the group come together, separate to do their own things, and come together again. It was a very lovely episode.

It'll be years before you ever see the Achiga girls again. lol
You're probably right, aren't you. :( I read the mangas though, they'll probably have a few more Biyori chapters sometime!

It's a harem inasmuch as he's the only guy around, but it's not really about romance or girls falling over themselves to fall on him!
I think the best distinction is that it's a harem setting, but not a harem show.

CorvoSol

Corvo about getting trolled by Lelouch's action, this is great.

I feel like to be trolled I'd have to know what was going on. And I don't. I don't know what is going on. It's just a spectacular array of events happening without reason and people doing things contrary to themselves. It's like reality within the show is breaking down. Shirley was actually Haruhi, you see, and without its Goddess, the world is now bending in on itself. That or when Lelouch tried to use Geass on God, God just decided to start changing rules repeatedly.

And now I've realized that the origins of Geass are still a total mystery to me.

The Count of Monte Cristo 16

Nothing left to say about this show, other than that you should definitely watch it if you haven't. It's SO good.

Articalys

There are probably going to be a third, fourth, and fifth PVs focusing on the other guys in the next three days. Probably won't bother posting them, though; KyoAni's Youtube channel is easy enough to subscribe to and get them immediately.

Kokoro 12

Aww yiss, finally Aoki's steadfastness has paid off. I thought it was super funny how when he went to visit his ex, their conversation was just about getting something off his chest and then he left, like literally nothing else. lol okay. I wonder if they ever tell us who that girl who died is.

Yui's worried about becoming a background character. lol 4th wall. She was totally background during the last story arc, and she's really becoming auxiliary in this one too. It's a good thing that doesn't bother her, though.

Iori hasn't really had a whole lot of character development. But that's cool, she's not best girl.

What's the point of a new OP if the season's about to end?

Kokoro Connect 13-14

Hmm... I feel like these past two episodes weren't nearly as interesting... if anything it's just made me more and more annoyed at Iori.

I was really excited when Heartseed went and had a 1 on 1 talk with Aoki, because YES FINALLY SOME CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT but then Heartseed had to just be a stand in for the writer telling us, "No, Aoki will never be a serious contribution to this story."

Inaba-san. Never stop being the best girl.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still safe for family watching? Or am I being too daring by showing it to my family?

Otherwise I might just go with Nobita's Dinosaur Movie (2006). Or Redline.

Redline has nudity, it's the clear worst of those three when it comes to family friendliness.

I haven't watched all of Giant Robo, but from what I've seen, there shouldn't be any problems showing it to your family.

mAcOdIn

Is Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still safe for family watching? Or am I being too daring by showing it to my family?
Still safe? Did something change between then and now? The side ovas with the girl are not what I'd consider safe for family viewing, or alone viewing for that matter, but the main feature's as safe as most anime. It's just, they'll know you like the cheesy kind of giant robot action and not the good kind but there's no sex, panty shots or crap like that.

So am I the only one who can't get into an anime unless I know there's going to be a definitive ending coming either at the end of the season or second season?

I just started watching Attack On Titan and I found really interesting and ballsy in a way that other anime haven't done recently, and yet I can't help but want to get into spoiler territory and wonder whether there are any good answers to some of the mysteries within the world. Also knowing that the manga has been going since 2009 doesn't bode well for me since the show will probably keep treading water until the manga finishes up or whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom