• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Still safe? Did something change between then and now? The side ovas with the girl are not what I'd consider safe for family viewing, or alone viewing for that matter, but the main feature's as safe as most anime. It's just, they'll know you like the cheesy kind of giant robot action and not the good kind but there's no sex, panty shots or crap like that.
Well, like I've said before, my dad is the one that introduced me to Evangelion, which is a different type of mecha show but I think he'd be okay with my tastes. lol
Redline has nudity, it's the clear worst of those three when it comes to family friendliness.
It was a joke suggestion. lol

jgminto

So am I the only one who can't get into an anime unless I know there's going to be a definitive ending coming either at the end of the season or second season?

I just started watching Attack On Titan and I found really interesting and ballsy in a way that other anime haven't done recently, and yet I can't help but want to get into spoiler territory and wonder whether there are any good answers to some of the mysteries within the world. Also knowing that the manga has been going since 2009 doesn't bode well for me since the show will probably keep treading water until the manga finishes up or whatnot.

It's all about the journey, man.

I haven't seen the last 3 episodes of Kokoro yet, but from at least the first 14 episodes I think it can be scored.

Kokoro Connect
3x Sword Art Online

Obviously it was the strongest during the first phenomenon story arc, but it still kept me pretty hooked through the rest of the season. Although towards the end it started getting kind of tedious. Yes Iori, I know you have problems with how people see you. Yes, Aoki, I know you have androphobia. But I guess I'm just like Heartseed -- as soon as things started getting kinda boring, some kind of twist was thrown in. So I appreciated that.

I also appreciate this series for the existence of BEST GIRL INABA. Her personality in each episode makes everything worth it.

Apparently there's a lot more content to cover, so I guess if they decide to continue this series, I'll be watching.

So am I the only one who can't get into an anime unless I know there's going to be a definitive ending coming either at the end of the season or second season?

I just started watching Attack On Titan and I found really interesting and ballsy in a way that other anime haven't done recently, and yet I can't help but want to get into spoiler territory and wonder whether there are any good answers to some of the mysteries within the world. Also knowing that the manga has been going since 2009 doesn't bode well for me since the show will probably keep treading water until the manga finishes up or whatnot.

At least with Titan, the popularity of the franchise means there's a good chance of seeing the anime continue. It really depends on the type of show whether or not I care about not seeing an end. For most light novel adaptations (which is most anime nowadays) I don't care. Most shows don't revolve around mysteries or a plot that demands an answer.

It was a joke suggestion. lol
You should actually watch it with you family. It'd probably be amusing.

cajunator

Banned
Doki Doki wishes it was trending as much as Smile.

Come on, Smile is still curb stomping you when it comes to fan arts being submitted. Not that I entirely mind...

SMile has much more interesting character design. Except maybe Regina, but thats because she is also seemingly a pretty fun character to go along with it.

If you want :firehawk then look no further than the Korean masterpiece, DOGGY POO.

No joke. This movie is legit good. For a movie about dog shit.

Date a Live 9

We're entering Superior territory of just how ridiculously far a character can go, yet still be forgiven and/or portrayed as sympathetic. I can deal with a lot of stuff, but that just completely breaks my suspension of disbelief. If Kurumi seriously becomes a good guy after this, the next target may as well be Hitler.

Oh well, at least it's still fun.

Wouldnt you forgive a cutie like Kurumi for just being a mischevious little yandere? Look at that face! Dawww.

snafu 9

Yeah... that was boring. yukata was nice though.

So you're saying Henneko is way better then?

Futari wa Precure Max Heart - 04-05

I didn't even bother taking screencaps. That's how enthusiastic I am about
Shiny Luminous' grand debut.
lol

She is SO dull. I tried my hardest to be entertained but that show refuses. It actively fights you and takes every possible interesting situation and sucks the life out of it.
Keep in mind I enjoy shows by Bee TRain and Deen and Im saying this.

The anime industry is full of perverts, and its audience is comprised of masochists.

This is quite true. Masochism is fun!

Granted, half of those views are probably just from cajunator and kirbyguy refreshing the thread every sixty seconds.

I dunno. I was asleep just now. Actually I was dreaming about a hollywood style alien movie idea that is pretty cool. I should write it down. Too much Oblivion/After Earth I guess.

At least with Titan, the popularity of the franchise means there's a good chance of seeing the anime continue. It really depends on the type of show whether or not I care about not seeing an end. For most light novel adaptations (which is most anime nowadays) I don't care. Most shows don't revolve around mysteries or a plot that demands an answer.

I feel the same way. For instance with K-On, Lucky Star, or whatever that also play along that same note, it's completely fine for me if they want to keep on going for a while since there's nothing really there to get resolved.

But when it comes to anime with larger than life arcs and conflicts I just got to know that I'm not going to get jerked around aimlessly. I was fine with DBZ doing this to be when I was a teenager but I think that was fine for me then since I already the original airing had finished and there truly was a definitive ending to all of it. However, when I got into Bleach and Naruto when they first came out I just couldn't keep my attention on them that long.

Just was wondering if others felt the same way or not.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
Hello! I finally made an account after lurking in here for... I guess it's been around a year. The thread moves far too fast for me to contribute generally, anyways, but I figured I'd chime in in some waifu/husbando wars or something if I'm not 30 pages behind.

I guess a currently watching list is important for a first post, so, in no particular order:
  • Oreimo - Manami = Saori > Kuroneko > Ayase > game club president > Kirino
  • Muromi-san - Why is this so great?
  • Gargantia - I was enjoying it more before the
    whalesquid genocide business started up. I don't care if the Galactic Alliance's war is our own fault or whatever yada yada.
  • Attack on Titan - I have a cat named Titan. Probably my least favorite of the current season shows I'm watching. I can't help but feel that most of the characters are wimps for having grown up in such a harsh world. Next episode preview with
    Eren being kicked out
    looks dumb.
  • Attack on Sentucky Fried Chicken - My favorite show this season, and I'd have laughed in your face if you told me I would love it before the season started. Chiho > Ashiya > Emi
  • Aiura - Shrug, fun enough and short. I love the OP.
  • Hentai Ouji - Enjoying this one more than I expected to at the start of the season. Tsukiko > Azuki Azusa = Steel-chan, though I feel like that's mostly because Tsukiko has had more screen time. She clearly wins the OP and ED, so I guess that's to be expected.
  • Hidamari Sketch - Almost done with the first season. The ending song is gorgeous; I've been listening to it for hours a day for weeks <.<, which also means I'm taking this one pretty slowly. Feels good to just chill for an episode every once in a while.
  • Card Captor Sakura - About 10 episodes into this. Enjoying it. I love the new costume every episode lol
  • Heartocatchi Precure - Starting with the best according to y'all. 10 episodes~ here, too. Too fun, I can't help but simultaneously fall off the couch laughing and die a little inside every time one of the mascots shits out a heart seed or whatever. I mean really, wtf lol
And I just finished Toradora last night, which really blew me away in how much I enjoyed it.
I felt that the scenes where Taiga realizes she loves Ryuji and when they kiss really knocked it out of the park. I kind of think things escalated rather quickly towards the end, though? Whatever.

A few other random tidbits: I couldn't stop hatewatching SAO, I can't stand -monogatari, and Hyouka was OK, but JoJo, GuP, and Tsuritama were the top 3 last year.

Yoroshiku!

jgminto

Attack on Sentucky Fried Chicken - My favorite show this season, and I'd have laughed in your face if you told me I would love it before the season started. Chiho > Ashiya > Emi

A few other random tidbits: I couldn't stop hatewatching SAO, I can't stand -monogatari, and Hyouka was OK, but JoJo, GuP, and Tsuritama were the top 3 last year.

You're cool with me already! Great taste!

cajunator

Banned
This is how AnimeGaf approaches bad anime.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c79_1369778069

Kokoro Connect 10

Fuck yes. Inaba girl of FOREVER

She's pretty much a clone of me, right down to telling a friend to go after the one I had a crush on and sucking at cutting cucumbers.

Heartseed once again shows he's actually a pretty decent dude. He really is making them all much better people through their hardships.

This is my favorite episode.

Told you she was. But it was obvious from the very start. the power of good writing? Or the power of miyukichi? Both maybe.

Kokoro Connect 11

oh gosh Inaba is even best girl as a little kid.

that voice was so cute.

Of course she would be adorable as a little kid.

I just run headfirst into shows, finished or not. I dont always reach the end anyway. For me its more the journey. If I enjoy a show on an episode by episode basis thats enough.
Sometimes I get super hooked and blast through to the end though, like the 52 episode marathon of Full Moon Wo Sagashite. It was way too compelling to not want to see how it ends. and its so very very worth it!

Hidamari Sketch 2-6
The backgrounds still look like they were made in MS Office 97 with a microscopic budget, but the show's atmosphere has kept me entertained. It's not really a laugh-out-loud funny show, but it'll do. I'm curious to see how much the visuals improve in future seasons.

Jintor

And I just finished Toradora last night, which really blew me away in how much I enjoyed it.
I felt that the scenes where Taiga realizes she loves Ryuji and when they kiss really knocked it out of the park. I kind of think things escalated rather quickly towards the end, though? Whatever.

You're gonna fit in juuuuuuuuust fine

wonzo

Banned
Nozoki Ana OVA (Sexy Extended Version)

Skimmed through this version and it's exactly the same except they added the
teacher
stuff and not the amazing
NTR BONER.
:/

[*]Heartocatchi Precure - Starting with the best according to y'all. 10 episodes~ here, too. Too fun, I can't help but simultaneously fall off the couch laughing and die a little inside every time one of the mascots shits out a heart seed or whatever. I mean really, wtf lol

Whats with people mashing in Precure in such a large batch? Who is insane enough to do this?

Dynedom

Jeremiah%20Johnson%20nod.gif

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 2-6
The backgrounds still look like they were made in MS Office 97 with a microscopic budget, but the show's atmosphere has kept me entertained. It's not really a laugh-out-loud funny show, but it'll do. I'm curious to see how much the visuals improve in future seasons.

Thats just how SHAFT does things. Very simple background art, focusing on characters (and making them cute as possible)

Articalys

Well, this is an amusing turn of events. Says here that the new OP theme for the Japanese My Little Pony FiM dub starts in July and will be sung by Nanamorichu Gorakubu -- the four main Yuru Yuri seiyuu (Shiori Mikami, Yuka Ootsubo, Minami Tsuda, and Rumi Okubo).

The official Yuru Yuri Twitter account also made note of it.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
Whats with people mashing in Precure in such a large batch? Who is insane enough to do this?

I don't have a whole lot of free time normally to marathon things, and I'd rather mix things up a bit anyways. Take my time and all that. The show isn't going anywhere :)

I think Ro Kyu Bu is up next for backlog watching. My wife wants to watch season 2 in summer.

wonzo

Banned
&#12450;&#12524;&#12473;&#12486;&#12483;&#12489;&#12539;&#12487;&#12451;&#12505;&#12525;&#12503;&#12513;&#12531;&#12488; S4 1-4

I can't say I'm really feeling this so far as most of the jokes feel like they're just piggybacking off of stuff that was far funnier in the first three seasons. It's like, "Hey, remember this scene/joke/guy/cameo and how funny that was????"

Maybe it gets better but this is pretty disappointing so far. :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't have a whole lot of free time normally to marathon things, and I'd rather mix things up a bit anyways. Take my time and all that. The show isn't going anywhere :)

I think Ro Kyu Bu is up next for backlog watching. My wife wants to watch season 2 in summer.

Your wife is a keeper. You chose well.

cajunator

Banned
Free time is worth more than money to me these days.
Why must there always be a tradeoff? At least Im off right now. Plan to catch up to the present on Date a Live as well as marathon...something. It could be the rest of K-on S2. It could be some Heartcatch.

cajunator

Banned
:3

No biggy :p when my beautiful furloughs start and I go from 60-80 hours a week to 32 I expect I'll probably take back my words about mixing it up. Marathon full steam! I haven't really marathoned anything since Naruto 1-80ish so long ago.

Damn 60-80 hours of work. I know what thats like. What kind of work do you do?

sonicmj1

Code Why Am I Still Doing This To Myself R2 22

There had better be a VERY good explanation for why Suzaku is suddenly on Lelouch's team.

If the burning sexual tension between the two of them isn't a good enough reason for you, I'm not sure what to tell you.

If I remember right, don't they
both vanish from the face of the earth for about a month before reappearing with the whole Knight of Zero stuff?
I'm pretty sure I know what they were so busy with.

No biggy :p when my beautiful furloughs start and I go from 60-80 hours a week to 32 I expect I'll probably take back my words about mixing it up. Marathon full steam! I haven't really marathoned anything since Naruto 1-80ish so long ago.

I wish it was long ago since I marathoned a Mega Franchise... which was like... last week or so?

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
Damn 60-80 hours of work. I know what thats like. What kind of work do you do?

Civilian software dev for the Air Force. Back in November, my group was required to start doing 10% overtime and they removed the 10 hours a week cap. I decided I like money, so I started doing as much as possible, which turns out to be legally limited at about 100% overtime for me. Turns out there's a biweekly pay cap law for us that no one knew about; I actually had about 200$ removed from a pay check when I went over it once. But now I'm just kind of used to working 0430-1930 Monday-Saturday and am looking forward to the furloughs that will make it illegal to work overtime.

cajunator

Banned
Civilian software dev for the Air Force. Back in November, my group was required to start doing 10% overtime and they removed the 10 hours a week cap. I decided I like money, so I started doing as much as possible, which turns out to be legally limited at about 100% overtime for me. Turns out there's a biweekly pay cap law for us that no one knew about; I actually had about 200$ removed from a pay check when I went over it once. But now I'm just kind of used to working 0430-1930 Monday-Saturday and am looking forward to the furloughs that will make it illegal to work overtime.

Thats pretty awesome work but shitty hours.
I have a 12 hour shift but at least I (sometimes) get a full week off in between. Like right now, which is super awesome. ALthough after 7 days I am actually ready to go back to work to have something to do. I have been working tons of extra days which is great for extra money but shit for a social life (hahaha) or having the time to marathon anything appreciably.
Hopefully I can make the most out of the next few days.
Of course I know I will just go home and post in here because its addictive and probably more fun than actually watching anything.
I cant quit you guys <3

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
I have a 12 hour shift but at least I (sometimes) get a full week off in between. Like right now, which is super awesome. ALthough after 7 days I am actually ready to go back to work to have something to do.

I'm kind of afraid I'll be bored without work to do, to be honest. No choice in the matter, though. You're a truck dispatcher, right?

cajunator

Banned
I'm kind of afraid I'll be bored without work to do, to be honest. No choice in the matter, though. You're a truck dispatcher, right?

Yeah. I legitimately enjoy my work as long as it doesnt go beyond the 84 hours.
Past that you really start to feel it wearing on you. The actual work is pretty fun though.
I like challenges and talking to people.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
Speaking of people's time at work... I'm at work now... watching ep. 5 of Attack on Titan...

I'm sitting here at work wondering if I've torpedoed my productivity by making a GAF account. I'm glad most video sites are blocked and Youtube is heavily throttled, I don't think anyone here would get anything done otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom