• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanMachi 03

CC1IEUPVIAAvyqG.jpg

YOOO DOG WE HEARD YOU LIKED HESTIA SO WE UPGRADED YO HESTIA

Arslan Senki
Opening: Its UVERworld. Anyone who dislikes this may just as well admit to having horrible taste.
Ending: Not bad. Not good either.

Danmachi
Opening: Not feeling it. Think it's pretty lame honestly. Toothbrush scene is cute though.
Ending: Once again not really feeling it. Pretty disappointing overall.

Gintama
Opening: It's a Gintama opening. That means its great. Period.
Ending: It's a Gintama ending. That means its great. Period.

Hibike! Euphonium
Opening: Thankfully, it's actually pretty decent. Would have been a shame if this was really awful just like..
Ending: One of the absolute worst from this season. Will always skip it.

High School DxD Born
Opening: An improvement over S2. Maybe even better than S1 too.
Ending: Obligatory "There will never be another ending as stellar as the one from the 1st season." Still okay on its own. That last scene though? SWEET. JESUS.

Kuroko S3
Opening: Not my favorite Kuroko OP. Nor do I think its better than Funky Love.
Ending: Really feels like a proper ending to the overall series.

Nagato Yuki-chan
Opening: I don't really like it. Honestly feels like one of the worst from this season.
Ending: Really relaxing. Might even be able to sleep while listening to it.

Naruto Shippuden
Opening: Actually think its pretty good. Problem is that it isn't as good as Silhouette. Bonus points for having Guy vs Madara though.
Ending: We couldn't protect his smile. An okay ending that just like with the opening, is not as good as the previous one.

One Piece
Opening: It's alright. Think its on the same level as Wake Up! Neither of which have beaten Hands Up! as the superior opening since the time skip.

Ore Monogatari!!
Opening: Right at that crossroad between good and great. Sort of surprised I'm positive about it myself.
Ending: Think it's pretty average. Not exactly one of those ending where I'm going to remember.

Shokugeki no Soma
Opening: I really, really wanted to like this. I really do. But the singers voice just ruins the entire thing for me. Which is a shame since the overall soundtrack has been fantastic.
Ending: My favorite from this season. Everything including the song, nudity, food, and the whole last supper parody works so well together.

Traige X
Opening: Kinda similar to SnS where I'm not a fan of the OP even though the soundtrack seems pretty good.
Ending: Seems pretty forgettable. Titty jiggling does nothing for me when DxD can fulfill my needs.

Yahari S2
Opening: Probably my 2nd favorite from this season. Follows up quite nicely from the 1st season.
Ending: I feel all warm inside when I hear this and I can't explain why. One of the best of the season.

Also, while I'm not watching Unlimited Blade Works just yet (Picking up Fate/Zero soon), I consider Brave Shine to be my personal favorite OP of the season.

Hasn't seen Blood Blockade Battlefront.😒

Stardust Crusaders 39

That was hype as hell, the recap and everyone's motivation went a bit longer but still felt appropriate at this point in the story. Jojo is too good damn it so tempted to go read the manga now

Soma 3

Erina is still shit and further proving why that's the case.

Megumi getting some screentime was great because she's actually one of the top tier female in Shokugeki no Soma along side Hisako and Alice. Seeing Soma show off his cooking skills is always enjoyable.

Shokugeki no Soma 3

This series continues to excel, top 3 anime this season for sure highly recommend. Sadly they had to bring back the tentacle "gag" though it's not really played in the same sexual way in more of a horror way which works a lot better.

DanMachi 3

It's still really enjoyable and I like the fact that Bell did some work. He maned up and defeated that gorilla monster. It seems like we are getting a new character next week and she seems really adorable.

John Blade

And-Yet-The-Town-Moves.jpg

Well...a fun show to watch really. Love the slice of life mix with some wacky stories to process the show. Kinda remind me a bit of Nichijou in some ways.

The only issue I have which I did post is some of the comedy stuff is based on Japanese culture and language. If you're not fullest with the language, quite a bit of the joke just pass by over your head. Thank god Sentai did put a note on the screen that try to explain the joke for audience who didn't get it. This is fine but kinda ruin the joke in some ways. Kinda feel like someone make a joke to the audience and he need to explain it to us of why it's funny. Kinda lost a bit of the joke.

The ending is kinda a touching to end the show. I have to say, it might be one of the better way to end this show as they isn't really any way to end this unless we do the typical ending for this show. Would recommend everyone to have a watch and worth the purchase for it.

cajunator

Banned
And-Yet-The-Town-Moves.jpg

Well...a fun show to watch really. Love the slice of life mix with some wacky stories to process the show. Kinda remind me a bit of Nichijou in some ways.

The only issue I have which I did post is some of the comedy stuff is based on Japanese culture and language. If you're not fullest with the language, quite a bit of the joke just pass by over your head. Thank god Sentai did put a note on the screen that try to explain the joke for audience who didn't get it. This is fine but kinda ruin the joke in some ways. Kinda feel like someone make a joke to the audience and he need to explain it to us of why it's funny. Kinda lost a bit of the joke.

The ending is kinda a touching to end the show. I have to say, it might be one of the better way to end this show as they isn't really any way to end this unless we do the typical ending for this show. Would recommend everyone to have a watch and worth the purchase for it.

:D

John Blade

Is this anime get popular in Japan or is it one of those that didn't do well or did okay but was shadow by a much bigger anime show at that time?

I only know about this anime as I love Maaya Sakamoto music and found out about it once I heard the theme song for it. Kinda out of the dark for newer anime at that time....

Also, learn something I never know before in Japan.
japanese-vending-machines-5.jpg

Kinda blown by it. Will love to see this in real life once before I die.

Is this anime get popular in Japan or is it one of those that didn't do well or did okay but was shadow by a much bigger anime show at that time?

I only know about this anime as I love Maaya Sakamoto music and found out about it once I heard the theme song for it. Kinda out of the dark for newer anime at that time....

Yeah the show sorta came and went without getting much buzz. At least the manga is published in the west via Crunchyroll.

cajunator

Banned

Its one of the least successful Shaft shows and largely ignored by the west.

Hugstable

Banned
Danmachi 3

Enjoying watching it so far, and the fight was really fun to watch. I really hope Syr gets more time in the show and that she doesn't get drowned out by the characters.

LBG5FOc.png

Gonna start watching the Yuki Nagato show, it's hard to resist more Haruhi lol

Hestia is cute and all that, but the craze that surrounds her and her ribbon is borderline creepy.

Rin-ne 2

I think this series main problem so far is lack of focus on if it wants to be a straight up comedy series or more of an InuYasha esque adventure series. Neither of our main protagonist has any kind of investment into anything that's happening or any main goal they're working towards. This would be fine if the series was just "monster of the week" with random ghost haunting someone and they scooby doo mystery the problem and eventually fight said ghost at the end like last week. This weeks episode however focused more on building the world and explaining our female leads ghost seeing powers and their origin... which gets a throw away gag explanation.

I really want to like Rin-ne but there is just something off about the whole thing. I'm kind of hoping that this series does a Medaka Box where after some initial go nowhere faffing about the author remembers a story needs to have some sort of focus like we're teased in the OP.

Black Jack OVA 1

82K4hzk.jpg

Water, water everywhere.

You just can't beat Osamu Dezaki for solid entertainment. His trademark pans and postcards and striking visual compositions were everywhere here. The premise is an intriguing medical mystery - one of those 'House'-like cases where you've got baffling symptoms which are seemingly unexplainable - but the solution of that isn't as important as the character drama that plays out against it, particularly the complicated motives and desires of Sayuri and Crossword. Just as well, because the solution is pretty much hocus-pocus - though it is reached by the crazy medical feat of performing surgery while the patient is undergoing violent spasms.

Water is the constant audio-visual theme - the stormy sea, the pelting rain, fountains, wells, showers, bottles. You practically feel like you're drowning at times. It's a very effective method of drawing out one of the main threads of the story - all reaching back to Crossword's near drowning experience.

I do have to say, Akio Sugino has a very similar way of drawing female characters. His male characters tend to have more variation to them, but the female characters in this have exactly the same facial and body structure as the Oniisama e (and other Dezaki/Sugino series) females do.

Ninja Slayer 1

Well, that sure was something. There were even a few seconds of proper animation.

None of the girls appeared this episode, only the titular Ninja Slayer and a brief look at a potential antagonist. It seems they want to follow a proper narrative with this.
I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard a few times, though the novelty already wore off towards the end. Visual are very garish and at times hard to look at. 15 minutes also seems far too long for this kind of show. I don't think I need to see any more of this.

I found it hilarious but yeah, these should be 6 minute episodes at most. "YYEEAARRTT" makes me laugh though. And the random skulls drawn on buildings, bushes, fire, and moon. lol

cajunator

Banned
Danmachi 3

Enjoying watching it so far, and the fight was really fun to watch. I really hope Syr gets more time in the show and that she doesn't get drowned out by the characters.

LBG5FOc.png

Gonna start watching the Yuki Nagato show, it's hard to resist more Haruhi lol

REAL BEST GIRL

Yona of the Dawn 17 Dub

Really like the green dragon warrior, he's a lot of fun and seems to add a very different dynamic to the group. Lot of set up that will eventually get Yona to team with the pirates to take down the evil government which is what I assume will lead to her becoming potential a threat to Su-won if people discover who she is and what she did.

Future Card Buddyfight 100 [Hundred] Episode 2 (engdub)

Yes Magoroku Shido makes a glorious return (and Sofia). I wish Davide Yamazaki came back too, but there is tons of times. Shido, or rather Death Shido gets some funny lines (easy peasy lemon squeezy).

Good cards this episode were Ice Prison Emperor, Cocytus Greed (quite sure there is a similar card in Cardfight!! Vanguard), as well as Island Dragon of the Origin, Littleland Mu. The cards names get to be so creative and longish.
I dream of the day Shido gets a win

Assassination Classroom 9 Dub

The little joke anime at the end Sonic Ninja is what they should have done with Ninja Slayer from Animation. It has the cheap for 5 dollars look but doesn't feel like a complete joke.

Tuck

Samurai 7 - Episode 1
Ehh kind of slow. Concept is neat. Animation was ok. Seen some mixed reviews online. Dunno if I'll keep watching.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Watched the new episode of Nisekoi and was reminded that everyone on the show is terrible.

If nothing else, it puts Ore Monogatari into perspective. You really can't complain about that guy when the entire cast of Nisekoi acts that way. lol

Jintor

Borderline creepy?

Actually Hestia Ribbon craze just reinforced that it's near impossible to distinguish between people who are 'lol isn't this ribbon thing stupid let's draw fanart as a joke' and "OH MAN THIS RIBBON THING IS AMAZING LET'S DRAW FANART BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME"
and the various shades of "I don't know whether it's stupid or amazing let's draw fanart anyway"

Narag

Jintor;160593877 Actually Hestia Ribbon craze just reinforced that it's near impossible to distinguish between people who are 'lol isn't this ribbon thing stupid let's draw fanart as a joke' and "OH MAN THIS RIBBON THING IS AMAZING LET'S DRAW FANART BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME" [spoiler said:
and the various shades of "I don't know whether it's stupid or amazing let's draw fanart anyway"[/spoiler]

Whatever gets the views.

Jintor

Whatever gets the views.

Tbh I feel most fanartists who don't have a commercial interest at stake draw things because they want to draw things... views aren't immaterial, exactly, but they're really not the guiding thing behind fandom.

Most of the time.

Assasination classroom - 13
Damn that new opening still doesn't work ... i still dislike it a LOT ... a LOT.

The first one was really great and the second feel like a cheap rip-off
Thankfully we still have the excellent ending animation.

On the episode ? Excellent with hints at the future. With the recent events in the manga , those early chapters really have another smell.
So good.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom