• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Love Live the Movie trailer

It's also going to be getting some theatrical screenings in various US cities in September.

Who the hell is Maki going to kiss while getting in the car? Nico?

Here the shot:
SHq7nmQ.png

Jex

Not actually gonna lie here, that was actually mostly enjoyable.

My biggest problems with the first episode have either been rectified or are mitigated a lot with this episode.

- Instead of it feeling like a f-you to viewers this had a much more satire feel. maybe its just the fact that a week has passed, but this episode has been much more approachable.

- the integration of proper animation and stills was done wayyyy better than last episode. Heck this episode was mostly animation with stills used to further the satire or used in ways that didn't feel too cheep. I do kinda wish they didn't only use a single still for Ninja Slayer though... like a jump still or something. idk.

- I thought the satire "yeaaarrrrts" and "domo, ninja slayer desu~" were better done in animated form than in still form (idk why i though they were better) in the first episode, so I'm extra glad that they actually used animation more here.

overall, I can actually say i like this episode. After the initial outrage that happened with the first episode, this one isn't half bad.
As people have said, I'd say go back to the first episode because a lot of what you said was present there. For me, nothing has managed to top "Recite your death haiku".
Okay, real talk, heart to heart, does anybody get the urge to change their avatar whenever they watch a new show or become infatuated with a certain character? Is there such a thing as a cool-down period? I have a...problem, I can't stop messing around with pictures D:

I guess I'll wait a few weeks or something....

Sometimes, but I prefer to be faithful.

Jex

I can Friday by Day

Probably my favourite short in this 'season' of animator expo short films. Lively designs, wacky premise and it feels like they really understood the amount of content required for a 'short'.

PK Gaming

It's also going to be getting some theatrical screenings in various US cities in September.

I'm super stocked for this. I'm probably looking forward to it for the wrong reasons (i'm mostly interested in seeing how the characters develop, rather than the music). Hopefully we get a sweet epilogue.

Here the shot:
SHq7nmQ.png

The viewer, Nico, her parents goodbye.

rrvv

Taiwan
Handler: Top-Insight International Co., Ltd.
Cities: Taipei and other major cities
Start Date: Early August, 2015

Hong Kong
Handler: Top-Insight International Co., Ltd.
Start Date: August 6, 2015

Korea
Handler: ANIPLUS INC.
Cities: Seoul, Pusan, and other major cities
Start Date: Early August, 2015

Thailand
Handler: Dream Express (DEX) Co., Ltd.
City: Bangkok
Date (Screening Event): Late August, 2015

USA
Handler: NIS America, Inc.
Cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, Washington D.C., Dallas and other major cities
Start Date: September 12, 2015

Australia
Handler: MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT PTY. LTD.
Cities: Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and other major cities
Start Date (1 Weekend Screening): September, 2015 *Actual date TBD.

New Zealand
Handler: MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT PTY. LTD.
Cities: Auckland, Wellington and other major cities
Start Date (1 Weekend Screening): September, 2015 *Actual date TBD.

Malaysia, Philippines
Handler: ODEX PRIVATE LIMITED
Start Date: October 1, 2015

Singapore
Start Date: October 8, 2015
*Premier screening event date TBD.

Vietnam, Brunei
Start Date: Early October, 2015

Indonesia
Start Date: October 21, 2015

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...al-theatrical-release-trailer-unveiled/.87481

neato

Midonin

Nisekoi: 03

Chitoge's mom is quite the extreme workaholic. Then that series of errands that starts with getting a drink, escalates to Duffy, and then into a bunch of purchases that had to have racked up a lot of money. This explains a fair bit of why Chitoge is the way she is. She's been alone a lot of her life, never really interacting with people in an intimate way. While I'm not expecting some sort of narrative motion from this, I am expecting an emotional catharsis. This is going to be a Merry Christmas, no matter what! Even though it's April!

Well the designs look great but the scenes in that trailer were too short for me to gain any appreciation for what the show might be like.

Enough was shown that it's clear (to probably no one's surprise) that the show is going to be much more of a "traditional" Lupin III experience, featuring light-hearted and cartoony antics, than the last Lupin TV series. Which is a good thing.

Yes, I've been feeling that as well it's just that I, personally, haven't had time.

I agree with much of your proposed list.

Yeah, I can understand the not having time issue. I think I'll make the time to get something together in the next couple weeks though.

Nisekoi: Episode 3 - Need
CDX6BbaWgAE2Qbm.png

Ive been waiting for this episode, Ichijo in secretary outfit was great as well as Ichijo in a suit. And also one of my favorite Ichijo faces animated even. Such a good episode.

Midonin

DanMachi 04

Maaya Uchida has been every short brown-haired girl in anime lately. It's a type, I suppose. And here, her debut as Lili, Bell's new dungeon-hunting friend. Looks like she's in an Aladdin situation. She did steal the Hestia Knife, but only had to do so because it looks like her Familia is hurting for money. I like her. Plus her giant backpack is kinda cute, and she has animal ears, so she may appeal to cajun. Then there's the matter of Hestia herself... not only was she working in Hephaestus's Shop of Expensively Cheap Goods, she barely had much screentime, and what little she did was hardly her best day. But it means the world is expanding beyond Hestia Familia, and that can only be good.

Okay, real talk, heart to heart, does anybody get the urge to change their avatar whenever they watch a new show or become infatuated with a certain character? Is there such a thing as a cool-down period? I have a...problem, I can't stop messing around with pictures D:

I guess I'll wait a few weeks or something....

changed my avatar once. Won't change this one unless I lose an avatar bet. I might add holiday themed shit though.

cajunator

Banned
Full Moon o Sagashite

What an incredible anime. What a beautiful story told. It's so perfect. All the characters, all the nuances, all the love and caring for one another. I'm still crying and shaking, it's just so beautiful.

I never imagined the story going the way it did. Mitsuki is a brave and wonderful girl; Takuto and Meroko are amazing too. They way that Mitsuki was able to bring life to others is just so incredible; even affecting
Izumi
. Seeing Mitsuki
break down when she learns about Eichi
was ridiculously sad. I knew that
he had died
, but even then, Mitsuki...... so sad. Every time Mitsuki
gave a cough, or felt pain in her throat
, my throat hurt and my eyes became hazy. The way Takuto and Meroko tried to
change fate
was one of the most heartfelt moments I've ever witnessed, and the Goddess (or whomever) that helped
change fate
, just.... amazing. The last episode, nay, the entire anime, will be one I will never forget; though that last episode just made me bawl my eyes out, it ended so remarkably perfect, so freaking amazing. I love Full Moon o Sagashite.

Edit: So I've had some time to think to myself, take care of my eyes and just breath a little bit. I'd just like to make a small comment on some things I liked. Every time Mitsuki
transformed into Full Moon
the little jingle and the animation that went along with it, made me smile so much. You can see in Mitsuki's eyes how much she looks forward to it and the happy jingle just completes the scene.
Full Moon's
costumes and outfits were all brilliant. I love the variety and cuteness that each encompassed. The music used in Full Moon o Sagashite are so flawless. They capture Mitsuki's feelings so well and I felt like I could relate with the lyrics. I love the way all the little plots were handled too, they showed just how dedicated, kind, friendly, sincere, compassionate, loving, honest and heartfelt Mistuki is; because of that, Mitsuki is a great character, a great person, someone I could really appreciate.

On a whole, 10/10 doesn't do it for Full Moon o Sagashite, I could never give a number based rating for this anime. My heart aches when I think about the story and the ride I was on; Full Moon o Sagashite really is perfect, a truly great anime told in a beautiful way.

Sweet jesus you finished the whole show already? Well it is that good yes.
absolutely sublime series and Im very happy that you took my recommendation! That show has some incredibly emotional moments and you are probably looking up the soundtrack hehee.

perhaps now you can fully understand why I hate Viz so much for cancelling the dvd release part way!

Arcadius

Banned
Sweet jesus you finished the whole show already? Well it is that good yes.
absolutely sublime series and Im very happy that you took my recommendation! That show has some incredibly emotional moments and you are probably looking up the soundtrack hehee.

perhaps now you can fully understand why I hate Viz so much for cancelling the dvd release part way!

Absolutely understand why you would hate Viz, what they did is despicable; truly awful stuff. Yeah, I watched it in a pretty quick fashion, but there are reasons for that. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll insert that into the post. Well worth watching.

Defuser

DanMachi ep 4
Man, first 8 mins is secretly a SAO episode. Annnnnnnnnnd another loli with boobs and secretly badass girl, and it's only 4 episodes in. Show title really live up to it's name.

Cornbread78

Infinite Stratos ep. 7-12
Thile final episodes of S2 pretty enjoyable, it's a shame I didn’t see S1 for more backstory and S3 isn't on Crunchy unfortunately. Would be interesting to see the whole sister thing play out.

phaze

Stardust Crusaders 40

Joseph is such an enthusiastic supporter.

Pretty neat ep, certainly better than the few last ones, Kakyoin finally with some spotlight.

Thought he would job quickly but he lasted till the end of part 1, maybe he will finish the job too !

Paltheos

I watched the first episode of My Love Story!! a couple days ago. For the first few minutes, the thought running through my head was that the mantra 'Always bet on Madhouse' might have some truth to it. That shot of the cherry blossoms as the two male leads walked beneath them is stunning, and MC seems like a pretty ok guy. Some of the magic started fading away as the female lead's saccharine cuteness became a little too much by the end and I became afraid the show might follow a predictable path, kicking the plot around for a few episodes and not doing much. After Chihayafuru though, Madhouse gets a free pass from me, so I'm gonna keep watching for now.

Huh, isn't there a time limit on this show?
They have to kill Koro-sensei by Spring, right?

yeah that would be graduation, which is why I think the live action title having graduation in it would suggest that the manga, which is currently now in the after winter break time frame would be ending this year

Midonin

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 04

More or less what I'd expect from any Valentine's episode in any given anime, with the added element of Haruhi's resurgence in everyone's life leading to a (more explicit) love triangle forming, in some ways a distorted mirror of the original events. Also, nice little nod to mentioning Mikuru's star mole, and the continuation of the Yuki belly button fetish. Keep that element going. It's not going to make a splash like the original series, but it leaves me feeling good after it's done, so I'm okay with it.

Assassination Classroom Episode 14 Vision Time
tumblr_nnbqdnzEdH1s4tq6xo1_500.gif

Finally another episode Ive been dying to see. Terasaka and Karma kun moments are the best in early Assassination Classroom and they were fantastic here. Terasaka has needed his moments for awhile and to get his development was too good. Loved every moment.

Also sneezing Itona was really lovely. Love the character designer

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think Oregairu went straight for the social anxiety gut this week, going for that piece of psychology that Aku no Hana did in a much more explicit way than it has before.

That said, given how quickly this adaptation seems to be going, I can see why novel readers would find the anime frustrating. It feels like they should have made more cuts, based on how the first half of the episode played out.

Cornbread78

DanMachi ep 4
Man, first 8 mins is secretly a SAO episode. Annnnnnnnnnd another loli with boobs and secretly badass girl, and it's only 4 episodes in. Show title really live up to it's name.

Lol, this is funny. How big can his harem get? Not a bad episode you can tell shit's about to get real, time for a new arc. We need more Hestia though, she's been putting in work, and too much of it, Bell needs to buy her some clothes.

Was this posted yet? Time of Eve Movie on Crunchy worldwide but only this weekend.

This weekend Crunchyroll will be hosting a very special moving screening!
We will be airing Time of Eve : The Movie ~ !

Time of Eve : The Movie is going to be available to users Worldwide, minus Japan.

Not only will the movie be available around the world, but we'll also be offering you the opportunity to watch with the following subtitles: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese.

In addition to this, we'll also be offering the English Dub.

Time of Eve : The Movie will be available from Friday the 24th to Sunday the 26th. (4/24/15 @ 12:00 AM PST - 4/26/15 @ 11:59 PM PST)

Pretty cool! I had the OVAs in my queue but this is even better.

What's wrong is how other people are treating him. Not him. Hachiman doesn't feel like he needs saving, even though he does.

At this point, he purposefully enables his own treatment by putting himself in that position. With both the previous incidents and this one, he himself sets up the situation such that everyone sees him as wrong, then he goes around and looks down on others for treating him badly? He's only digging himself into a hole at this point.

Huh, isn't there a time limit on this show?
They have to kill Koro-sensei by Spring, right?
I think the manga is
almost at the final arc.
Infinite Stratos ep. 7-12
Thile final episodes of S2 pretty enjoyable, it's a shame I didn’t see S1 for more backstory and S3 isn't on Crunchy unfortunately. Would be interesting to see the whole sister thing play out.

S3 ? there is no S3 of this show

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At this point, he purposefully enables his own treatment by putting himself in that position. With both the previous incidents and this one, he himself sets up the situation such that everyone sees him as wrong, then he goes around and looks down on others for treating him badly? He's only digging himself into a hole at this point.
This is why I say that this is a more otaku-friendly, palatable version of the Aku no Hana or Watamote story. It takes the same sense of social isolation and self-esteem issues, but justifies it through martyrdom.

I may have joked myself that Hachiman is Batman, but the two characters are more similar than not - especially since Hachiman's own flaws are reflected to him by his "nemesis".

Although at this point I don't know if the sister or the guy is his Joker though. :p

I think the manga is
almost at the final arc.
S3 ? there is no S3 of this show
There is the OVA (not on CR afaik), which is probably the last we'll see of the show for a while.

His behavior is consistent across the board because people are annoying him. Doesn't have to be everyone to act indifferent to everyone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you mean that his behavior is inconsistent because people are "annoying him"?

Hachiman's actions and words may be consistent with this persona, but I do think that the show is trying to display his increasing personal struggle with this facade of infallibility, a struggle that I think is much more than simply being "annoyed" that people care about him. His monologues in the second episode are particularly revealing. Right after the confession scene when he's with Yui, as he rationalizes his way out of hurting Yui and Yukino (and potentially thwarting Yui's confession), he notes that he's only deceiving himself, pointing to Yui and Yukino's reactions triggering an inner conflict. This is compounded at the end of the episode, when he says that "the biggest liar of all was me." Then, at the beginning of the third episode, his sister Komachi also picks up on Hachiman being bothered by what happened in Kyoto. Given that Komachi has been established as a perceptive character, and also that she has no knowledge of what actually happened on the trip, there's no reason for this scene to be inserted other than to show Hachiman's increasing doubt in his methodology.

What I do agree with you about is Hachiman's conviction, and that's something that this fourth episode nuanced excellently, particularly in his conversation with Hayama. I believe that we can take Hachiman at face value when he rejects the notion that he helps others because he wants to be helped in return. I don't blame Hayama for coming to this conclusion, because I think that a lot of people do act that way, but it's a cheapening of what Hachiman feels to be his moral prerogative, his integrity -- he helps those around him because that's who he is. But he has come to invest that integrity in a constant cycle of twisted self-defeatism. It's a role that he takes pride in and believes that he alone can perform because he has become so numb to it. In a way, he's right. And yes, it is only because of Yui and Yukino that this armor is beginning to crumble. But I think this show takes the stance that to hurt yourself when other people care about you should, at the very least, be questioned and considered carefully, no matter how "right" you are. When you have relationships with people that care about you, you have a responsibility to take care of yourself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Here the shot:
http://i.imgur.com/SHq7nmQ.png[img][/quote]
Safe bet, parents.

Although part of me would love to see the reaction of yuri pairing fans if they just suddenly gave all the characters boyfriends.

[quote="Axelstream, post: 161445196"]
What I do agree with you about is Hachiman's conviction, and that's something that this fourth episode nuanced excellently, particularly in his conversation with Hayama. I believe that we can take Hachiman at face value when he rejects the notion that he helps others because he wants to be helped in return. I don't blame Hayama for coming to this conclusion, because I think that a lot of people do act that way, but it's a cheapening of what Hachiman feels to be his moral prerogative, his integrity -- he helps those around him because that's who he is. But he has come to invest that integrity in a constant cycle of twisted self-defeatism. It's a role that he takes pride in and believes that he alone can perform because he has become so numb to it. In a way, he's right. And yes, it is only because of Yui and Yukino that this armor is beginning to crumble. But I think this show takes the stance that to hurt yourself when other people care about you should, at the very least, be questioned and considered carefully. When you have relationships with people that care about you, you have a responsibility to take care of yourself.[/quote]
What I find interesting about him is that he takes his social apathy in a completely different direction than [B]Hyouka[/B]'s Oreki, who begins with very much the same apathy towards society. We can just see where their stories diverged, but now that I think about it more, it's kind of amusing how similar their arcs are. We're basically going through the "film arc" in Hyouka terms at the moment.

VRMN

Disappearance of Yuki Nagato 04

More or less what I'd expect from any Valentine's episode in any given anime, with the added element of Haruhi's resurgence in everyone's life leading to a (more explicit) love triangle forming, in some ways a distorted mirror of the original events. Also, nice little nod to mentioning Mikuru's star mole, and the continuation of the Yuki belly button fetish. Keep that element going. It's not going to make a splash like the original series, but it leaves me feeling good after it's done, so I'm okay with it.

I like the episode; it has the obvious cliffhanger to resolve next time, so episode 5 should bring them to the end of volume 2. That said, just to get it out of the way, the love triangle stuff
goes nowhere. Yuki has full Title Character Privileges in this series; Haruhi backs off basically immediately. I think this is more because the author couldn't really make Yuki proactive enough to have her win a straight up war, so he went for Haruhi not really caring about romance enough to get in Yuki's way. Which does sorta fit in Haruhi's character, at least. This isn't a love triangle or a harem series; to the degree that romantic rivals exist, they exist briefly because the whole thing is for Yuki fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you mean that his behavior is inconsistent because people are "annoying him"?

Hachiman's actions and words may be consistent with this persona, but I do think that the show is trying to display his increasing personal struggle with this facade of infallibility, a struggle that I think is much more than simply being "annoyed" that people care about him. His monologues in the second episode are particularly revealing. Right after the confession scene when he's with Yui, as he rationalizes his way out of hurting Yui and Yukino (and potentially thwarting Yui's confession), he notes that he's only deceiving himself, pointing to Yui and Yukino's reactions triggering an inner conflict. This is compounded at the end of the episode, when he says that "the biggest liar of all was me." Then, at the beginning of the third episode, his sister Komachi also picks up on Hachiman being bothered by what happened in Kyoto. Given that Komachi has been established as a perceptive character, and also that she has no knowledge of what actually happened on the trip, there's no reason for this scene to be inserted other than to show Hachiman's increasing doubt in his methodology.

What I do agree with you about is Hachiman's conviction, and that's something that this fourth episode nuanced excellently, particularly in his conversation with Hayama. I believe that we can take Hachiman at face value when he rejects the notion that he helps others because he wants to be helped in return. I don't blame Hayama for coming to this conclusion, because I think that a lot of people do act that way, but it's a cheapening of what Hachiman feels to be his moral prerogative, his integrity -- he helps those around him because that's who he is. But he has come to invest that integrity in a constant cycle of twisted self-defeatism. It's a role that he takes pride in and believes that he alone can perform because he has become so numb to it. In a way, he's right. And yes, it is only because of Yui and Yukino that this armor is beginning to crumble. But I think this show takes the stance that to hurt yourself when other people care about you should, at the very least, be questioned and considered carefully, no matter how "right" you are. When you have relationships with people that care about you, you have a responsibility to take care of yourself.

This pretty much sums up about everything I feel about this series. While Hachiman's actions may be considered for the good, his way in doing things is not healthy and it negatively affects himself and others who have established a relationship with him (Yui and Yukino).

Also that avatar, you have some great taste. One my favorite protagonist in manga.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I like the episode; it has the obvious cliffhanger to resolve next time, so episode 5 should bring them to the end of volume 2. That said, just to get it out of the way, the love triangle stuff
goes nowhere. Yuki has full Title Character Privileges in this series; Haruhi backs off basically immediately. I think this is more because the author couldn't really make Yuki proactive enough to have her win a straight up war, so he went for Haruhi not really caring about romance enough to get in Yuki's way. Which does sorta fit in Haruhi's character, at least. This isn't a love triangle or a harem series; to the degree that romantic rivals exist, they exist briefly because the whole thing is for Yuki fans.

At this point, you are reading/watching this because of Yuki anyway.

Well, that and there's no new Haruhi at all I guess.

I finished my intro to photography of anime and resolution. It'd take someone more skilled and knowledgeable with After Effects to really detail some of the filters, but this will let people know how they affect Anibin's resolution guessing and what I mean by "photography that bugs me". It'd mess up the formatting (as well as the amount of images) to post here, so hopefully it's not frowned upon me linking instead of re-writing.

I finished my intro to photography of anime and resolution. It'd take someone more skilled and knowledgeable with After Effects to really detail some of the filters, but this will let people know how they affect Anibin's resolution guessing and what I mean by "photography that bugs me". It'd mess up the formatting (as well as the amount of images) to post here, so hopefully it's not frowned upon me linking instead of re-writing.

Awesome, I'll certainly give that a read and I can't imagine this being frowned upon, with how frequently you participate in this community to begin with.

Taruranto

Kuntala... IS PEOPLE!11! #26

So that's where chumichumi was!

Nothing made sense, characters would change side constantly, shout random motivations and change their character every 3-4 episodes. Manny was probably the worst offender in this regard and I'm pretty sure Mask and Luin are different people.

You could probably switch some episodes in the middle part and the story would still flow the same.

Finally, Aida was largely useless, I think Rarayia accomplished more and she spent half-series literally brain-damaged.

I bet Bellri went to Japan to get into the LN incest train, that sick fucker!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I've noticed that filter thing happening more and more, but it makes sense that it's to deal with backgrounds.

Cool.

Shokugeki no Soma - 04

I was not ready for that butt. I burst out laughing. I had a lingering feeling the moment I saw that apron though!
Anyway he seems like a cool guy who could do some crazy shit, especially since he's
elite 10
and all. Megumi still #1 in my book, but damn that young baba doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom