• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Blade

Just finish watching You're under arrest OVA and what a great way to get myself into this series. Going to start watching the rest of the series as I am going through Genesis Climber Mospeada. For Mospeada, is starting to pick up and get more interesting now.

Cornbread78

NISEKOI S2 - 03

I have to admit.... chitose mom is trully one heel of a mom !

This season delivers !! one more episode without onodera !

I almost feel guilty for starting to like her now. She was such a rotten egg for the most part in S1 and now they have humanized her in S2.

Nisekoi S2 03

I really enjoyed this episode. It goes to show that Shaft can elevate the source material with fantastic direction. This episode focuses on Chitoge's mother and she completely dominates this episode.
kqccl3kl.png
Our first glimpse of Chitoge's mother Hana is when Chitoge is explaining to Raku the amount of power she controls. The use of a digitized globe with her in the center really sells this concept from a visual standpoint. She is the center of the world and controls it with how many directors visualize the stock market, flashy digits panning across the screen.
When Hana is introduced proper it's the typical close ups of her legs and hair that Shaft is known for. However it's her surroundings that really sell her dominant presence. She has lines of men bowing to her as she approaches her husband. When she finally greets him, the two share an insincere hug. Despite physically towering above her, the director has Hana looking down when addressing her husband and really demonstrates the function of their relationship.
After chasing out her husband like a dog who has misbehaved Hana finally speaks with her daughter and her boyfriend. Again, every shot of Hana has her looking down towards the camera or has her accompanied by an entourage, demonstrating the power she commands. The manner in which Chitoge addresses her mother as "okaasama" and Raku's immediate reaction was hilarious and establishes that Chitoge views her mother not as a loving family member but as person in the position of power that must be shown respect through fear.
On to the crux of the episode, Chitoge's ribbon. Chitoge revealed to Raku that her ribbon was given to her by her mother. Rather than a fashion choice, it has become a physical embodiment of her desire to become closer with her mother. It was one of the few things her mother has given her that shows any form of motherly love and she clings to this ribbon as the last vanguard of intimacy between her and her mother. Instead of remembering the ribbon as an intimate gift, Hana insults it and tells Chitoge to replace it with a new one.
Finally, the last scene where Chitoge finally decides to confront Hana and seek personal time together but ultimately fails. She takes off her ribbon symbolizing that she has finally given up on their relationship. A very powerful moment and the utter despair on her face during the final cut of the episode sells the emotion Chitoge must be feeling.

Very good episode for Nisekoi, I'm surprised. It seems this story line is continuing into the next episode and I have to say I'm looking forward to it.

javac

God...my sleeping pattern is screwed. I came home from work and fell asleep at 5pm, I just work up and its 3:30am T_T I had no dinner or anything, just laying here in the dark wondering what the fuck I'm doing, in a pile of potato chips.

This is a constant problem of mine, but i'm cool with it
I don't really like sticking with one avatar for too long
Yeah, there have been a few that I was content with, but after a while I feel as if it's run its course and I 'decommission it' because there's soo many more avatars to use! I love your current one in any case :)
I change my avatar like twice a week
It's hard to let go of a good one tho! :(
I always do, though its typically before the anime comes out, I have so many Seraph of the End Yuu x Mika ones, oh and Sonic x Genos and Kyon x Koizumi but there too lewd.
Before an anime comes out? You like to live on the edge I see, I usually go for one once I'm in love with a character.
Never, actually. I can't ever picture myself changing this avatar on GAF. Besides, it lets me have an anime avatar that most people won't recognize as an anime avatar.
Hah true, its a cool ass avatar in any case, suits you and makes you instantly recognizable.
Always. Been wanting to change it to Yui from OreGairu but the imoutos influence from the new Fire Emblem is too strong.
The new fire Emblem does look really sweet! :) Can't wait for it to come out, and in case you're wondering, Nohr all the way :D
Sometimes, but I prefer to be faithful.
And for good reason, its an awesome avatar. Plus, I know some anime wisdom is about to be dropped whenever I see it!
changed my avatar once. Won't change this one unless I lose an avatar bet. I might add holiday themed shit though.
Indeed, one does not simply change the dog, for the dog changes you T_T What a majestic beast.

rrvv

pQOnz1Ll.png

My sister cannot be this cute!

Oreimo S2

Actually is not as bad as people think of. I enjoy Kyousuke and Kirino story. Thought I dont like the way that the creator forced the the Harem antic in it. Should be just focus on the main couple. Because of that I am quite enjoy the ending.

javac

xenoblade x soundtrack makes me want to die

I like it, a million different takes on the soundtrack for this game could have worked, but I'm happy with the take they took with it. Time will tell how receptive I will be to it once I've hit say the 200 hour mark on the game however, because no doubt I'm going to play the shit out of that game, and shit could get old fast. Same with Splatoon, they both could end up being two of my most played games of all time, or the least amount depending on how the whole thing goes. Splatoon looks stunning, I hate shooting games, and suck online but Splatoon could be my jam.

DanMachi 4

Freya is truly a goddess. And Syr is amazing, that smile sweet Jesus.

Anyways it was a enjoyable episode and Lili was introduced. I can already tell she's been through some rough times. Also Bell got his new armor which he probably needed. It seems Freya is up to something as well.

AssClass 14

Terasaka ain't cut out for protag material. He's one of those characters that the ptotag beats up to show how tough he is. At least they acknowledge his mookness.

javac

Some info from the latest AnnCast, which focused on Aniplex of America with guest EJ Rivera. The list itself comes from the very helpful people at Fandom Post

• Japan did take the US market into account when deciding to make more Durarara. (Guess it really wasn't a flop)
  • SAO v1 sold 5k
  • As expected streaming numbers determine how they do their releases
  • 10 employees at AoA right now
  • Vividred was a flop
  • No plans for reprints on GoS or Trust & Betrayal
  • No plans for Rurouni Kenshin TV series release
  • Not concerned about putting out catalog stuff on disc. (Sorry DayBreak fans)
  • Madoka and SAO are neck and neck for being AoA's best sellers
  • They considered putting in an Oscar nomination for Expelled from Paradise
  • Expelled from Paradise's theatrical run hit their target numbers
  • SAO II will have a chipboard box and they say they aren't completely going away from them but they're experimenting
  • Experimenting with physical premium items
  • AOA DOES NOT HAVE SEVEN DEADLY SINS (it might still be being bid on & they weren't sure about the Netflix thing)
  • AoA does apparently bid on their titles
  • Nanoha Vivid and Dog Days s3 are also apparently being bid on

javac

All my friends thinks he's God's gift to OSTs and I just sit there trying to figure out what they're putting in the water for them to think like that.

He's not Gods gift, not in the slightest, but to be fair I'm a Kohei Tanaka and Kentaro Haneda type of guy and don't forget Kenji Kawai (when he's working with Oshii in any case!) but I'd like to think that I'm pretty varied with my love for music, and I have to say, I don't mind Sawano at all from what I've heard of him, which is KLK, and the OST for Gundam Unicorn (not seen the show itself). There's too much goodness out there to call anyone definitively The Best, but he doesn't even come close, not that he needs to. His work is samey, and yet different to everyone else for the most part.

All my friends thinks he's God's gift to OSTs and I just sit there trying to figure out what they're putting in the water for them to think like that.

Yeah the problem with Sawano is that he doesn't have variety in his OSTs. I mean most of his OSTs sound the same. Though I'm not saying it's complete shit it's just it lacks diversity.

javac

Never did watch Rurouni Kenshin, I remember watching the first few episodes years ago and loved it, and never pursued it further. The Trust and Betrayal OVA was supposed to be amazing too, right?

Same with Yu Yu Hakusho, I'll be honest, I've always seen shounen in a negative light, with only DBZ being something I cared for, from a nostalgia point of view, because truth be told, its garbage, but damn its my childhood! But man I think it was Jexhius who posted a load of screens and gifs for Hakusho a while back, and they kind of blew me away. So sad I never watched them now, but I feel like the boat has sailed. Have no time for long shows, and I think that shit would have blew my young eyes away, whereas I'm just too cynical these days.

Mature

Never did watch Rurouni Kenshin, I remember watching the first few episodes years ago and loved it, and never pursued it further. The Trust and Betrayal OVA was supposed to be amazing too, right?
You mean you broke your code of always finishing what you start?

or am I foolishly thinking of someone else

Also, yes, watch the Trust and Betrayal OVA post-haste. Doesn't matter what else you've seen of the franchise.

Same with Yu Yu Hakusho, I'll be honest, I've always seen shounen in a negative light, with only DBZ being something I cared for, from a nostalgia point of view, because truth be told, its garbage, but damn its my childhood! But man I think it was Jexhius who posted a load of screens and gifs for Hakusho a while back, and they kind of blew me away. So sad I never watched them now, but I feel like the boat has sailed. Have no time for long shows, and I think that shit would have blew my young eyes away, whereas I'm just too cynical these days.

Watch JoJo

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
That'd be cool, I guess. I dunno why they would do it though.

Cause its awesome... I know the want isn't there but man would it be awesome to see it again in glorious Blu-ray. Re-drawn and everything.

You are missing out on a lot of good shows if that's your mentality. I know a lot of people with barely any free time and just drop current season shows to catch up on old ones when time permits.

Narag

Cause its awesome... I know the want isn't there but man would it be awesome to see it again in glorious Blu-ray. Re-drawn and everything.

Retreading old territory for the sake of it seems like such a waste.

You are missing out on a lot of good shows if that's your mentality. I know a lot of people with barely any free time and just drop current season shows to catch up on old ones when time permits.

That's kind of his thing, agonizing over decision making rather than just doing.

cajunator

Banned

well the first game had a freaking amazing ost. I havent listened to anything from the new game.

Did not realise Aniplex sold in such small numbers.

its just me and AWESOMEBEAR buying their stuff

Y'all r tresayytrrrr MITUKICJO IS MY QIFE

Aww Zachy
*huggles

javac

You mean you broke your code of always finishing what you start?
or am I foolishly thinking of someone else
Jesus, you have good memory :0 I was hoping nobody would pick up on that haha. I guess I dropped one show then, but that was like at least 7 years ago, and to be frank, I kind of started it unceremoniously one night, so it wasn't like I...properly started it in the first place! :p Haven't dropped anything since! :p
Also, yes, watch the Trust and Betrayal OVA post-haste. Doesn't matter what else you've seen of the franchise.
Is that fine? I will watch it asap if that's the case, I usually like watching things from the start to the end however, so I'd rather do that if its for the best.

I guess I just don't mind waiting a few years to watch something, if it means that I can watch it in the optimal fashion whereas most people need to watch things as soon as they find out about them. I'd like to think that's why I haven't seen so many classic shows, even ones that I've owned for years, because I'm waiting that perfect moment, whatever that is because fuck if I know what that special moment is.
Watch JoJo
I see this a lot, and I just don't think that show is for me. Its way too...exuberant for my tastes. My brother watched it and liked it, but from what he showed me it fell flat. I guess I might give it a go, only because I feel like a huge ass for rejecting every suggestion I get from you all! :(

I'm missing out on so much, you're right. FMA/B, Steins Gate (I fucking own this on Blu-ray!), Baccano, Ippo, all those old shounen shows, all because I've said in the past that I wouldn't watch them for one reason or another and kind of stuck to my guns and its so fucking hard for me to turn back on my word, even though in the end of the day its just fucking anime. I'm just stubborn beyond belief. If I swore off medicine, I'm the kind of person who'd legit die lmao.

That's kind of his thing, agonizing over decision making rather than just doing.
You're not wrong. I think I'm just depressed as fuck, It's like some self-sabotaging behavior, wherein which I deny myself things because fuck happiness, lets stress over everything and anything. I'm happy that I've watched many awesome things over the years, but I've missed out on a lot too. And let it be known, a lot of the crap I haven't seen, are things I am going to watch when I get the time, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't rejected things just because *insert arbitrary reason here*.

Defuser

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki Haruhi ep 4
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this show is about Nagato right? So why is everybody all upstaging her?

Haruhi : "Fuck your show, while you struggle with your diaster choco and i took Kyon out on a play date and give him chocolate first"

Haruhi continues to be best.

wthnes5j.jpg

Who the hell design this teacup? Who can drink from it's jagged edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom