• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby Steps II 4
a5dH1Pi.jpg
I'm surprised he actually won, but it was well done. And the title callback was a nice touch.

Cornbread78

I made a huge mistake aka Hestia whatever 1
This is like taking everything that was good about SAO, augment it ten times and fill it in one episode. Even MC shamelessly has Kirito's voice, that pandering!
DROPPED

wait, so what you're really saying is that it is awesome and we'll worth the watch, right. Riiigghht?!

Defuser

I made a huge mistake aka Hestia whatever 1
This is like taking everything that was good about SAO, augment it ten times and fill it in one episode. Even MC shamelessly has Kirito's voice, that pandering!
DROPPED

Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon? How can you make a mistake with a title like that.

Kekkai Sensen 4

That was supposed to be bad? This show is still a lot of fun and the characters are charming as hell. Music and art continue to impress.

Well it's different strokes for different folks. There's some that believe it's confusing, has bland characters, or the setting is bland. Which I'd argue the opposite because the show provides highly enjoyable characters who have more personality than most if not all characters this season. It may also seem confusing at times but most of the answers are shown through the visuals. As for the setting it's more vibrant than any setting this season for sure and it adds endless possibilities because this a type of world where anything can happen. In my opinion the pacing also fits really well with the setting.

I came here to watch a anime that entertains me because isn't that the purpose of the media. And Kekkai Sensen has delivered on that front. It never promised a deep story or anything like that, but what it did promise was a diverse enjoyable cast and a unique setting. Though I can understand why some may feel indifferent about it because it may not be their cup of tea.

Narag

Show by Rock!! 4

Despite my enjoyment of the show, it does raise one of my personal red flags regarding a show's quality in that the main cast is proving to not be all that interesting, consistently overshadowed by the supporting cast week to week. While I wish I was being facetious with this comment, I'm not when I say Rom is a more compelling character than the main cast put together save for Moa.

Clov

Personally I really enjoyed Tamako Market. It's not my favorite KyoAni production, but it was a relaxing show with some cute characters. The movie was pretty well done, too.

As for Kekkai Sensen, I really like it. The writing isn't anything special (it's a bit bland), but the visuals and action make me look forward to watching it each week. I don't think it will be better than Kyousougiga in the end, but I really like how Rie Matusumoto is handling the series.

Clov

Show by Rock has to be one of my favorites of the season. It's the cutest thing I've watched in a while! Hope it has a good shot at a BD release here.

Clov

Funimation is usually pretty good about that.

It depends. Cute stuff isn't really part of their target audience. They still haven't done anything with that season of Minami-ke that they have, have they?

Then again, they do surprise me every now and then. Hopefully I'll be surprised again.

Cornbread78

My Little Monster ep. 3-6
This show is pretty good, buy tough to watch Shizuka continually choose her schoolwork as a scapegoat to not be honest to herself. I guess you can tell she is conflicted because Haru is also not honest with himself so what a pair. The revelation made to Haru during their "date" was harsh and uncalled for, time to bring back in the class rep., way to go Shiz..

Shokugeki no Soma 4

Mostly a set up episode introducing the supporting cast and introducing us to the power of a 10 seat in naked apron sempai. Pretty good episode with a lot of funny moment.

ef a tale of memories 5-9

See... I always liked Miyako way more then Kei (Kei's selfishness has been destructive throughout this entire show to the point where she's damaged literally everyone she's come into contact with), but when Miyako pulled out the Clannad card... that was like the insta win card. So Kei can just go die in a fire for all I care now.

I didn't realize it until episode 5 but up until then I was like "wow this is like totally Shaft, look at them head tilts." Now it makes sense. Chihiro's story is sad and all but there's no like tears or any of that going on. Mostly it's just "Aww, that's sad," but nothing that has profoundly moved me.

Oh and the angle that Hiro and Miyako scene at the end (you know... That scene) gave me School Days episode 2 vibes. Started having flashes of School Days for a second there and got scared.

DiGiKerot

I feel ashamed to admit that the dungeon anime is more entertaining than it has a right to. Guilty pleasure of the season.

It's definitely not my favourite thing of the season, but I do think it's an enjoyable effort - something I find kind of shocking given how abhorrent I found the source material. I'm sure some folks will complain about some of the small trimming they've been doing, but it's really been working wonders in softening some of the more obnoxious elements of the content.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episode 20

Lua is great. I kind of liked how he did that for Yusei but ended up falling asleep. And then Yusei acting like his older brother and telling him to apologize later. The kids are great (unlike Zexal's ... ).

antibolo

Banned
Did anybody else here rewinded and replayed multiple times the part in DanMachi 4 around 4:30 where Hestia says "b-b-bell-kun!"? Her delivery is absolutely flawless, and hilarious.

It's not really original but it's still entertaining. I guess that's why all the tropes that DanMachi uses exist in the first place.

It's pretty good and its better than half the shows that get a budget today.

It's definitely not my favourite thing of the season, but I do think it's an enjoyable effort - something I find kind of shocking given how abhorrent I found the source material. I'm sure some folks will complain about some of the small trimming they've been doing, but it's really been working wonders in softening some of the more obnoxious elements of the content.

It's not the best show of the season by any stretch of the imagination, but it is better than it has any right to be.

It's definitely a fun watch.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Sure it isn't mind blowing but it also isn't a bad show by any means. It manages to do more for me than other more serious high budget shows try to do.

It looks like a generic action harem, but I'm having fun.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I find it sad that a lot of people didn't like Kyou no Kanata, I loved it ;_;, haven't finished it yet but plan to.

I feel ashamed to admit that the dungeon anime is more entertaining than it has a right to. Guilty pleasure of the season.

Its a great show man, just enjoy it and don't let other people dissuade you.

Everyone rejoice! Soma is 2 cour so Alice is surely a safe bet .

2 cour? Please explain.

Future Card Buddyfight100 Episode 3

Somehow I laughed alot at them taking a really long time to figure out that Dark Shido is Shido, but then them still be thrown off. Team Shido lol.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G Episode 19

Wow Team Ceasar in this AU episode was great. Also their mecha was fantastic. The Super Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser is a classic and was wonderful in their fight against aliens plot.
tumblr_nldtrkWwmu1rgynozo2_500.gif

phaze

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

2 cour? Please explain.

aka 6 months and 24-26 episodes
-------

There should be warning before episodes like Katanagatari 12, my poor heart can only take so much awesome.
dq8cskv42abo.gif
I haven't seen such a sustained display of badassery since Madara's anime debut.

javac

There's a few things to note about City Hunter. Firstly, as you've probably noticed, the show is extremely formulaic. Every episode Ryo gets some job that will lead to him crossing paths with a pretty girl, Kaori will get mad and some bad guys will get shot. Rinse and repeat.

What makes the show work is that even though the characters are predictable, they're so goofy and silly that they're always fun to watch. Ryo oscillates from being a lecherous goofball into a badass and the support cast play off him really well. Moreover, the entire show is incredibly stylish and well directed making each episode an enjoyable romp.

It's probably worth pointing out that City Hunter was animated by Sunrise and it's one of the best looking non-mecha shows out there. There's some really top notch action animation in a number of episodes and the quality of the production is generally excellent.

At this point I'd normally drop some gifs or something equivalent from Sakugabooru but, er, they're sorely lacking in City Hunter content so it's probably just better to check out the OP's to get a feel for the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re8d36wQy9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07uUSEPeP4A

Sorry for the late reply, I fell asleep after I posted :p

The show thus far has been very formulaic, and to be honest I love it. It's hard to describe why, but I've always loved these types of shows. The 1998 GTO live action drama was the same, and yet it hit me in the feels hard each and every time an episode would conclude. I guess because the layout is set, you await each story beat, and it just feels good to see how a unique situation leads itself to the same conclusion, it almost gives off the impression that, yes this is just another day on the job for Ryo. From a scientist who's trying to come up with a vaccination while being protected from a group of syndicates to a woman who wants revenge for her boyfriend who was killed before his big Boxing match, each scenario feels fresh and highly engaging. On paper its formulaic, but in practice it's got me hooked at every story beat.

Agreed with the cast, I love them all thus far and can't see that changing, and yes the show is beautiful to look at, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. The characters look awesome, with the females all supporting, as weird as it sounds, beautiful hairstyles which which really plays into that 80's period I just love. The soundtrack is also amazing. Loving this show a lot, I think the next 46 episodes are going to breeze by :D

Midonin

Hello!! Kin-iro Mosaic 04

If Karen is the new Daidouji, I gladly welcome her to this role. One of the most enjoyable shows this season.

Eden of Grisaia 02

It's easy to join the military when you lost everything that made you human long ago. I liked the new OP, though.

Yamada Witches 03

Wheels within wheels.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Saekano episode 4
Maybe its because I havent seen a harem anime in a while, but this anime has been pretty good so far? Like genuinely good with likeable characters and a decent plot.

ef a tale of memories 10 - 11

Hiro and Miyako made the right decision. Renji and Chihiro did not.

This has been an interesting watch. Albeit a little on the "what am I watching" side of things in the early episodes.

Grisaia no Rakuen 02
Military school, intro to Stanfield, she's alright. I liked the Otaku dude too.
Still more Labyrinthe story to tell. new op is dumb but i like it .

Oh how the mighty have fallen.t.

lol

Everybody has a season guilty pleasure... except for last season where I literally had like 2 shows I was watching..

Which you just reminded me I'm like 2 episodes away from finishing Shigurui. Gonna finish that and give my thoughts on it. Nothing too elaborate.

ef a tale of memories 12 [END]

I suppose this what people would call a "happy ending". I honestly don't know how I feel about this show at large. It was very stylish as anything made by Shaft usually is. I rooted for certain characters but I wasn't really invested in them. Idk, it's a weird view at this point in time. May need a little while to step back and really examine this show that Linkman, MikeHattsu and Nintendoman literally asked me for months to finish.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
It also hasent even had much fanservice since the pilot episode. Not that I'd complain either way.

Its not fanservice, its more like organic events that accentuate curves in the show, which I really enjoy. Is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon does this pretty damn well too. Its making it seem unintentional, which in turn makes it feel natural/organic, which I enjoy a lot in my shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom