• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GotG is the best. And if not that, Winter Soldier.
I think Winter Soldier ruined the MCU for me, so I sort of dislike that movie on principle.

I feel like the bigger each movie gets, the less sense the universe makes as a coherent world with a consistent history.

It's getting to be like the comic books, where every few years there's an event where they try to tie in 30 different titles into one storyline and it just makes no sense.

I think Winter Soldier ruined the MCU for me, so I sort of dislike that movie on principle.

I feel like the bigger each movie gets, the less sense the universe makes as a coherent world with a consistent history.

It's getting to be like the comic books, where every few years there's an event where they try to tie in 30 different titles into one storyline and it just makes no sense.

Winter Soldier was amazingly entertaining as a spy vs spy film, only with more sparks. It also fucking saved a certain Marvel tv show.

Also a part of the reason I loved Guardians of the Galaxy so much is that they're so far away from all of this shit going on with earth that they can do basically w/e the fuck they want with them outside of the occasional reference.

cj_iwakura

I like the X-Men movie the most.

Anyway...

The Idolm@ster 01

The girls start here, alright. So we have the mysterious one, the twins, the animal fanatic, the dreamer, the bubblehead, the model, the tomboy, the quiet one, the klutz, the shy one, and the yakuza starlet.

Unofficial Iwakura.Productions Front Runner

CikXRNj.jpg

I'm a sucker for a pet lover.

Is it sad that I feel like I'd rather just go play the game?

Though at least P-San has a face now.

Crocodile

People hating on TTGL?

WUT.gif, SMH.gif, WHY.jpg, ABSOLUTELYDISGUSTING.jpg, etc.

On a serious note I loved TTGL because it was such an adrenaline rush. The type of show that would make you want to jump up from you seat and start shadow boxing :) It also had enough "meat" (characters and plot) so that you could hang you hat on if you were the type of person that really needed a justification for sweet robot on robot action. Few shows are just as much plain fun as TTGL was <3 <3 <3

Ninja Slayer 3
What's the name of the song that plays during the ending?

Butthurt Baccano shills !

The last arc of the original is weaker and the season they aired this winter sucked. -_-

I admire your perseverance.

If they haven't reached 3rd part yet, wouldn't that mean they aim to prolong this arc till fall ?

Fucking disgusting.

He's a one trick pony, and his master is an idiot.

UBW's that is, not Zero's. Zero's knew how to make that guy work.
KILL THEM ALL.

Exactly, all UBW berserker is is straight up hulk smash.

he never did anything like this:

klZ9Psp.gif

it sucks even more because I actually like the stories of
heracles

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Winter Soldier was amazingly entertaining as a spy vs spy film, only with more sparks. It also fucking saved a certain Marvel tv show.

Also a part of the reason I loved Guardians of the Galaxy so much is that they're so far away from all of this shit going on with earth that they can do basically w/e the fuck they want with them outside of the occasional reference.
Shield is, and always will be terrible. lol

I just don't get why Hydra wants to take over the world when space aliens are going to come and destroy it. The conflicting motivations of all the different pieces just breaks the world for me. It's why I also don't like the Daredevil show and kind of wish that the street level stuff was in an entirely different continuity like the DC tv shows.

I just don't get why Hydra wants to take over the world when space aliens are going to come and destroy it. The conflicting motivations of all the different pieces just breaks the world for me. It's why I also don't like the Daredevil show and kind of wish that the street level stuff was in an entirely different continuity like the DC tv shows.

Well, that's how the Marvel comics (and DC) have always been. You have your street level heroes and then you have the nigh-Godlike cosmic level ones existing in the same world. And sometimes they know each other.

It's kind of a mess, like if every Shonen Jump series took place in the same world.

Edit: nvm that sounds kinda cool

I like the X-Men movie the most.

Hydra is Nazis that's all that matters. Jesus man. It's a fun movie. Who's to say Hydra wouldn't join forces with Thanos to fuck over all the inferior races...w-which is everybody that is not Hydra.

Anyway...

The Idolm@ster 01

The girls start here, alright. So we have the mysterious one, the twins, the animal fanatic, the dreamer, the bubblehead, the model, the tomboy, the quiet one, the klutz, the shy one, and the yakuza starlet.

Unofficial Iwakura.Productions Front Runner

CikXRNj.jpg

I'm a sucker for a pet lover.

Is it sad that I feel like I'd rather just go play the game?

Though at least P-San has a face now.

Highly unrealistic anime, immersion broken. In no fucking world would a god damn alligator not eat everything in that image.

I missed a discussion about how Gurren Lagan sucks? Because it does, just like all of Imaishi's works.

rPaYoDv.gif

It's just one of those days.

It's kind of a mess, like if every Shonen Jump series took place in the same world.

Edit: nvm that sounds kinda cool

Wasn't there a special One Piece episode that was a crossover with DBZ and Toriko, where basically they all DID exist in the same world?

Wasn't there a special One Piece episode that was a crossover with DBZ and Toriko, where basically they all DID exist in the same world?

Yeah. That's not uncommon. It's pretty clearly not canon though.

one of the biggest piece of shit letdowns following a cliffhanger ever

Naw it's great. I fucking hated it when I first saw it but I love it now for the exact same reason I originally hated it.

Jintor

TTGL is great and if you disbelieve this I have a robot rising out of something with its arms folded while looking badass that I'd like to hit you with

I looked at my queue and I'm watching too many goddamn cute girls doing cute things anime. Where's my bros hanging out anime? The last one I consciescely remember watching was Nichibros.

Space Dandy doesn't count because they're all incomptent

madp

The Light of El Cantare
TTGL is great and if you disbelieve this I have a robot rising out of something with its arms folded while looking badass that I'd like to hit you with

I looked at my queue and I'm watching too many goddamn cute girls doing cute things anime. Where's my bros hanging out anime? The last one I consciescely remember watching was Nichibros.

Sounds like it's time for someone to experience the secret treasure of Gifuu Doudou.

What about Kuroko no Basket or whatever.

1475557_o.gif

Jesus and I thought that gif from Log Horizon you people sometimes post here was seizure inducing.

Felt like I was experiencing a 7 minute acid trip.

And all for a subpar remix of the original music.

Narag

I looked at my queue and I'm watching too many goddamn cute girls doing cute things anime. Where's my bros hanging out anime? The last one I consciescely remember watching was Nichibros.t

Gifu Dodou is nothing but bromance in the Sengoku era. Few can handle that level of righteousness though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Ore Monogotari is right over there.

sonicmj1

This week of Animator Expo is actually a two-parter of filler. There's ME!ME!ME! Chronic, which is just a remix of ME!ME!ME! music and visuals reorganized with a bunch of random filters, and a Making Of for that Eva CG short which is just a bunch of shots breaking down the layering of CG effects. Neither of them are really that interesting.

Clannad ep12-14
As mentally taxing this show can be, I'm really liking it. It was a ride to get there, but it was also a beautiful way to end the arc. It was original and unexpected, but worked really well in the context of the story. Also got some good back story for the protagonist.

I am so glad to hear that you're enjoying it. I just want to give you a high five for getting so far. Now, I am really excited to see your impressions from here on out!

yABlsid.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

babylawd.png

SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE NAME OF THIS REMIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyouka continues to be well... amazing. I particularly enjoyed how it temporarily turned into Shokugeki no Soma in that last episode

Hyouka-Cooking-Fire.gif

On my never ending list lol

[post=55655416]Still one of my favourite posts.[/post]

fujoshi is futa? ive seen it all now

Why would you want to be known as a one trick pony?

:name doesn't work for me, how do I enable that? as you can tell i havent been on this site for long lol

That new Yahari poster NSFW with Yui and Yukino

GLORIOUS!
iwG5MYWnXHC22.png

You guys should watch The SoulTaker, it's a pretty serious fighting anime show for grown men:

CDyGtkTWoAEN3w_.jpg

Another one on my list god damn it lol

JCG

Naw it's great. I fucking hated it when I first saw it but I love it now for the exact same reason I originally hated it.

I'd say there's a little bit of everything fun about Code Geass in the episode, which entirely new fans could -and did- use to catch up after the show was moved to a new time slot. For all the temporary confusion over the mind-screwing, they still cut to the chase and even dropped a couple of in-jokes along the way. Of the various things in R2 one could ostensibly call flaws, that's not much of one.

survivor

Banned

I still can't believe Winter Soldier ended up being watchable after the dreadful first movie. I mean action scenes involving the captain are still a joke, but at least the rest of the stuff were okay, Hydra's dumb world domination plan aside.

PK Gaming

Hyouka (15-18)

zucRNMq.png

I feel you brother

This anime continues to impress. I know I've been raving about it as of late, but it's really all that, and then some. It's so good at depicting human emotion in such a natural and subdued manner. To give an example, I love what the show has been doing with Satoshi's character. He's amicable and supportive, but it's implied that there's something underneath his friendly exterior and that basically comes to a head in the festival arc.
He's got high expectations Houtarou, but he can't but feel envious. The dude tries his hardest to be special, but deductive reasoning just comes naturally to Houtarou. I could feel his disappointment after not solving the crime... it was a very real moment for me.And that applies to the others too (such as Juumonji and the president of the Manga society). Envy has been a major undercurrent in this arc.

JCG

And it is only the beginning. Enjoy the train wreck that is R2.

It's a matter of definition, but I think the term becomes meaningless when the end result is actually more liked than disliked by several orders of magnitude.

In other words, a wreck always implies crashing at the very end. Lacking that outcome, which many would accept is the case here, a more accurate term is needed.

Jintor

It's a matter of definition, but I think the term becomes meaningless when the end result is actually more liked than disliked by several orders of magnitude.

In other words, a wreck always implies crashing at the very end. Lacking that outcome, which many would accept is the case here, a more accurate term is needed.

Michael Bay Train Wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom