• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

For all the legit flaws the show has, the dub makes Kill la Kill much more fun to watch than it was in Japanese. I'm still giggling over the "Queen Bitch" line from a couple weeks ago.

Still mad that Toonami puts on One Piece at 2:30am especially since they are doing Enies Lobby arc.

Blame the casual Toonami audience. Ratings were low so it moved further back in the block.

Since I've seen some folks do ratings, I'll do a "hype chart" for the shows that I'm currently watching this season. I like everything that I am watching for one reason or another, so rather than rating whether the content is good or not, I'll just rate the stuff according to how excited I am to watch these weekly:

Hypest!!!
- SNAFU2
- DanMachi
- Fate UBW
- Grisaia

Hype!!
- Blood Blockade Battlefront
- Soma

Not as Hype but still alright!
- Plastic Memories
- Seraph
- Arslan

Cornbread78

Thanks y'all :) I'll check out your suggestions for sure.

Generally anything, if it has a good story or decent action/animation. I've watched and enjoyed countless shows so I'm not really too picky.

- Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon (Danmachi)
> Good story and action, plus it's got the Goddess Hestia

- Plastic Memories
> not much action, but has a really good story and likable characters. Can be emotional at times

- Etotama
> just fun, frantic, cute, High energy anime with good CG battles.

Fruit of Grisaia is good, but it's got a lot of text and story.

Puruzi

Banned
I'll do one too I suppose.

Best
Etotama
Show By Rock
DanMachi
Soma

Good
Yeeart
Punchline
GoPri

Meh
BBB

I like tits

Triage X

Ojamajo Doremi 3:
CEw4aWIUUAEo7gc.png:large
CEw20oQVEAIvnrb.png
We meet the third main character, and we go through quite a lot, actually. This show isn't really dragging its heels. We go from Doremi and Hadzuki disliking Aiko to them finding out what she's really like and everyone being friends in only a few minutes, and yet it feels pretty natural. The relationship between Aiko and her father is pretty nice to see, and the show establishes it pretty quickly. I also thought it was nice that
Doremi really didn't have to do anything except tell him about the event. Her magic use wound up being completely unnecessary because the real version came anyway. That was a sweet moment.

I continue to be impressed with the charm that this show always has, and it's making me care about the characters quite a bit. This is a very classy kids show, and it definitely feels like a show out of the same era of Toei that produced Digimon Adventure and Tamers.

Anything decent this season? I'm already watching SNAFU and Souma.

Ore Monogatari and Sound! Euphonium.

Fruit of Grisaia is good, but it's got a lot of text and story.
It's awesome to see that I'm not the only one watching this. Call it tacky, cheap, overdramatic, I don't care, I am really digging the series. Season 1 went to some dark places here and there but season 2 is only 4 episodes in and is already knee deep into dark territory. If the last episode is anything to go by, matters are only going to get worse lol.

I like tits
Triage X
LOL.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Because the tournament arc was boring as fuck and anti-hype and most of the fights were a bunch of asspull one shot victories

And Kenzen Robo Daimidler meshed fanservice with action and the story too
That show was also terrible.

I disagree, it was hype lol

I thought Kill la Kill was fun, but when compared to Gurren Lagann, it's kind of a big step down in every regard. Animation-wise, story-wise, character-wise, etc.

Well you really can't compare the two, I think Kill La Kill was intentionally a satire on shonens and how they exaggerated the showing of skin on the show. It had character but compared to Gurren Lagann, its just a little rat to a big cat.

Kill la Kill is excellent and anyone who says otherwise is factually incorrect. Some haters up in dis

Puruzi ;_;7

Kill la Kill was a lot of fun man. I dont know why people expected this to be Gurren Lagann 2 or something. It wasn't revolutionary but it was very entertaining.

I remember a lot of people feeling disappointed when the show was airing because
none of the main characters died or some heartbreaking event didn't happen on episode 8 like GL.
Like, what.

KLK also had a better ending than GL.

Cornbread78

It's awesome to see that I'm not the only one watching this. Call it tacky, cheap, overdramatic, I don't care, I am really digging the series. Season 1 went to some dark places here and there but season 2 is only 4 episodes in and is already knee deep into dark territory. If the last episode is anything to go by, matters are only going to get worse lol.

Yeah not many here liked it because it started off really good in S1, then got really really dark. S2 has been all backstory, but it's been really good stuff. You're right though
seeing his old abusive father come back and having to shoot him was like goddam. I really hope he did it...

ibyea

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi 3:

We meet the third main character, and we go through quite a lot, actually. This show isn't really dragging its heels. We go from Doremi and Hadzuki disliking Aiko to them finding out what she's really like and everyone being friends in only a few minutes, and yet it feels pretty natural. The relationship between Aiko and her father is pretty nice to see, and the show establishes it pretty quickly. I also thought it was nice that
Doremi really didn't have to do anything except tell him about the event. Her magic use wound up being completely unnecessary because the real version came anyway. That was a sweet moment.

Gosh, I remember I used to watch this a long time ago when I lived in Venezuela. Holy cow it's been that long.

Midonin

Sailor Moon (S) 104-105

Chibs just has no luck on her first outing. Bringing her in for comic relief to contrast against Haruka and Michiru's increasingly serious plot makes sense, but even Ami's fog attack was more useful. That Shin-chan crossover was some fine corporate synergy, and hopefully Viz can find a way to retain that when they end up dubbing it. The second episode was a lot of fun. Mako episodes are usually pretty great, and this one was no exception. It's the first time in a long time that someone other than Usagi got to make the final shot against the MotW, too!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oregairu/SNAFU Season 2, Arc 1 - Hina Ebina, Yaoi Master

I don't understand why Yui and Yukino are all upset at the end of this. He makes a fake confession for no one's benefit other than Tobe (since everyone else of relevance knows what's up) and Tobe's not even all that mad about it.

Then Yukino gives him some shit and then Yui gets all tearful and pissed. I'd like to think its deeper than "Hachiman's harem lol" but it doesn't make any sense otherwise and I've seen too much anime to really believe its deeper, really. Hachiman's reputation isn't ruined at all and Yui knows he's faking it. So what's she pissed about? The only thing I can guess is she's mad that he made that confession and upset her since she's secretly in love with him. Except its not like this is something she made explicit at any time, so what's she mad about?

Puruzi

Banned
Ryoko was awful. Tolerable until she starting turn edge because I'M A MONSTER NO ONE LOVES ME AND I WILL IGNORE ALL THESE PEOPLE WHO CLEARLY LOVE ME ):<
Edgelord Ryuuko was great. Also the end of 21 and beginning of 22 with that sweet mecha homage made her even more awesome than she already was.

Cornbread78

mako should have died

Now I know at least 1 character lives, lol. She was badass in her
Fight Club President uniform.
lol.

Anyway, what are some of Harem Anime's that are actually good?
so far I've seen:
Campione!
Saekano
SAO (lol)
Infinite Stratos
Mind block, I know there are more I've seen as well.

Edgelord Ryuuko was great. Also the end of 21 and beginning of 22 with that sweet mecha homage made her even more awesome than she already was.

You and I must have very different defintions of great because every time a show pulls that bakemono card it is terrible and contrived bullshit. Kill la Kill isn't even the worst example since Valvrave and Parasyte exist

so far I've seen:
Campione!
Saekano
SAO (lol)

Golden Boy
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei
NouCome

Puruzi

Banned
Now I know at least 1 character lives, lol. She was badass in her
Fight Club President uniform.
lol.

so far I've seen:
Campione!
Saekano
SAO (lol)
Inou Battle is P fun.

You and I must have very different defintions of great because every time a show pulls that bakemono card it is terrible and contrived bullshit.

Golden Boy

I just liked the bedsheet cloak and the horrifically awesome beatdown she delivered to Satsuki

Cornbread78

I don't understand why Yui and Yukino are all upset at the end of this. He makes a fake confession for no one's benefit other than Tobe (since everyone else of relevance knows what's up) and Tobe's not even all that mad about it.

Then Yukino gives him some shit and then Yui gets all tearful and pissed. I'd like to think its deeper than "Hachiman's harem lol" but it doesn't make any sense otherwise and I've seen too much anime to really believe its deeper, really. Hachiman's reputation isn't ruined at all and Yui knows he's faking it. So what's she pissed about? The only thing I can guess is she's mad that he made that confession and upset her since she's secretly in love with him. Except its not like this is something she made explicit at any time, so what's she mad about?

It's not about their reactions, it's about how he always jumps on the grand in acts of self-deprivation constantly. They want him to build himself up mentally and feel he is pulling himself away from society into solidarity. You can tell Yui does have feelings for him and wants to "save" him as well. This theme continues into S2 as it is really starting to cause a problem with everyone around him. Keep watching.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

They just hate how hachiman can only solve problem by making himself the villain. Which keep alienating himself from normal life more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom