• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

I'd welcome some external input to help piece this experience together.

I've finished the show about two weeks ago and have since rewatched finale two or three times to try and make sense of the plot and of some of the character motivations.

All I can say is that
Shikizaki Kiki's masterplan
was indeed as stupid as it seemed to me at the first glance.

Unless a miracle occurs and they just go "Nope, no 3rd part, exam is over, everyone with both scrolls is now a chunin" then probably.

9or0xDZ.jpg

Miracles do happen.

Sucks to be Fu though.

Getting tag teamed by Kakuzu AND Hidan?

Almost a blessing they didn't show what happened to her.

Punchline - 07

Whether any of this ends up being clever and well thought through is to be seen, but this was the first episode were I was genuinely somewhat interested in the plot.

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 43-44

Huh, new op/ed. Not as good as the previous, but not bad I guess. Alcyone was brainwashed? Sure, whatever to make Lantis feel better about letting the crazy prisoner be free. If Eagle's dinky weapon is that powerful, than Autozam really should've won by now. Was hoping the pillar system would off Eagle. I suppose Hikaru messed that up. Meanwhile Umi proves once again that they really need to stay out of their mechs. Beats younger sister easily and finally goes for the pragmatic route and shoots down the older sister.

DiGiKerot

On another note, I just picked this up, not seen the show yet so I look forward to giving it a go some time soon. The packaging is simple and really nice, a very sturdy digipak, which I love. No fluff, no unnecessary logos and such, even the bbfc logo is a removable sticker. God bless you BEEZ Entertainment, R.I.P you glorious people, this was their last release.

That set does suffer a pretty hard case of PAL speed-up, mind - it's played one frame a second quicker than intended, and whilst that doesn't sound like much, at the rate that dialogue flows in that series, it just makes something that was difficult to keep up with that little bit more tricky.

(Also kind of wasn't a fan of those digipacks that Beez were using in their later days myself)

Cornbread78

Damn, I just realized there are 25 episodes of Golden Time. I didn't realize they dragged it along for that many episodes. I'm almost midway and poor Koko... I know this is how this one is going to end:

tumblr_mxcmpc7DKZ1sf82gro1_500.gif

She's gonna get screwed by the childhood friend no doubt about it.... Kinda sucks and you have to feel bad for the stalker. God, she reminds me of my ex from HS. I should have never broken up with that girl...

cajunator

Banned
Damn, I just realized there are 25 episodes of Golden Time. I didn't realize they dragged it along for that many episodes. I'm almost midway and poor Koko... I know this is how this one is going to end:

She's gonna get screwed by the childhood friend no doubt about it.... Kinda sucks and you have to feel bad for the stalker. God, she reminds me of my ex from HS. I should have never broken up with that girl...

That show goes to the most aggravating depths imaginable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't remember it being any more aggravating than typical anime dramatics. I mean, its the Toradora author. I mean, not quite as Toradorable.

...I'll show myself out.

Ah aH ? YOU ARE IN a good ride ..The second part in something that made a lot of keyboards work at max capacity when it was airing...

Cornbread78

I don't remember it being any more aggravating than typical anime dramatics. I mean, its the Toradora author. I mean, not quite as Toradorable.

...I'll show myself out.

Don't get me started on that ending again. The series ended halfway through the final episode.

That show goes to the most aggravating depths imaginable.

Uggh, I can already tell that the whole scene with him and the picture back in his hometown was all smoke and mirrors. I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

Ah aH ? YOU ARE IN a good ride ..The second part in something that made a lot of keyboards work at max capacity when it was airing...

Uggh, let me guess, lots of flip flopping and wishy washiness. .?

cajunator

Banned

...I'll show myself out.

Toradora was nowhere near that aggravating.

Don't get me started on that ending again. The series ended halfway through the final episode.

Uggh, I can already tell that the whole scene with him and the picture back in his hometown was all smoke and mirrors. I guess I'll find out tomorrow...

Uggh, let me guess, lots of flip flopping and wishy washiness. .?

to put it mildly

Szadek

Since I couldn't find any worthwhile new anime this season I decided to watch some older anime.
Like really old,older than me in fact:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
13225.jpg

Only watched a few episode,but it's really good so far.
Well,except for the gayness of the 2 main characters.It's really distracting.
Can you guy kiss already so we can move on?
The anime is over 100 episodes long,so this will take me sometime.

... but than I also started watching a much more recent anime:
I'm at episode 14 so far.Another show I would consider to be great.
The anime is surprisingly poltical and complexe. It's really cool.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, the neighbor or Cinnamon try to get a piece of the action as well, right?

I don't know why everyone is trying to convince you this has a Nice Boat ending. It's just regular anime drama.

Ending Spoilers:
Ultrasonic got hosed in the end, but I'd like to believe that after the ending she and 2-D "the bro"-kun got married with many children.

javac

That set does suffer a pretty hard case of PAL speed-up, mind - it's played one frame a second quicker than intended, and whilst that doesn't sound like much, at the rate that dialogue flows in that series, it just makes something that was difficult to keep up with that little bit more tricky.

(Also kind of wasn't a fan of those digipacks that Beez were using in their later days myself)

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! The woes of PAL DVD's, eh? I'll keep that in mind, but I must point out that my subtitle reading game is on point! ;p I usually hate Digipaks, but I like these types for some weird reason, just feels really sturdy, like a hardback book if that makes sense? I'm sure from a construction point of view they're flawed compared to the ones typically used, but they usually feel really flimsy and they're a pet peeve of mine.

cajunator

Banned
Maybe I'll just park the test since I already know where this is going, lol. There is no romance in this, just drama. I already see online that be gets slugged by 1 or them (well both) he probably deserved it too..

There is mostly drama in it and not a whole lot of romance.

Since I couldn't find any worthwhile new anime this season I decided to watch some older anime.
13225.jpg

Yes Log Horizon is easily superior to Sword Art Online and bonus it has Akatsuki the mophead cutie!

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 45-46

Two nations down, and Autozam is finished one way or the other. The invasions are finished. But there's still Debonair and crazy girl. Nova should just go around and murder everyone. She'd be good at that. I suppose kidnapping will also do. Who Nova was was pretty obvious, though I was hoping for an explanation as to why Umi and Fuu didn't get evil twins. Still don't get Hikaru/Lantis. Oh yeah, and Ascot never had a shot. At least Ferio is all good.

Angry Grimace

At this point I have no clue what we're even talking about.

jman2050

Golden Time is perfectly fine, though to be fair there are issues some people have with the characters that are completely understandable. It also fumbles the ending pretty badly which is disappointing cause I was liking the lead up to it.

It only took like 4 months but Funimation has FINALLY figured out that yes I do want my videos to default to English dubbed if available and isn't fighting me on that option.

Things that I realized while watching this show:

1. If there's one character whose benefited from this adaption more than any other, then it's Asakura.

To the point where she's the main reason why I'm still watching this show.

2. Where as in the original series Nagato surpassed Haruhi, the exact opposite happens here.

It even made realize that deep down I actually like Haruhi x Kyon.

Also, long hair + ponytail Haruhi remains supreme.

3. Tsuruya is the best in any universe.

Anytime she and the other two mentioned characters share a scene together, then it's automatically a good scene.

Sterok

Magic Knight Rayearth 47-48

As much as I don't like Eagle, it's literally the end of the world. The Pillar System sucks, but that's a long-term problem. They've got an immediate everyone is going to die problem they need to deal with. I suppose that's why they negotiated with him. Nova gets to be the best villain again. Interesting perspective on her and why she wants to kill everyone. Net suffering would probably decrease if everyone was dead.
So Eagle finally bites it. Hope he stays dead. I know he lived in the manga. Debonair betrayed Nova. Shocking, I know. The Rune-Gods still can't win anything, and this is the grand finale. Time for Hikaru to finally make-out with her evil twin.

Ore Monogatari 07

Both Yamato and Takeo are kinda dumb, but that makes their interactions all the more cuter.

+1 for a Rocky Montage with royalty-free "Eye of the Tiger" playing

Sci-fi or fantasy anime politics are guilty pleasure of mine, so both those shows were pretty entertaining.

It just occurred to me, I still need to finish LOGH. I think I stopped around episode 90 or 95.

The series seriously goes downhill after Yang Wen-Li dies. That really drove a lot of the wind out of my sails. And then they decided to focus on Reinhard's love life with his aide Mariendorf? What was that all about? Who cares about Reinhard's love life? The guy's about as warm as an ice cube. And he's gonna marry her? I don't have any investment in this at all. Last time I checked, it was blatantly obvious this guy Reinhard was in love with his sister. He's just marrying Mariendorf because he accidentally knocked her up.

13225.jpg

It's definitely kinda weird how they're drawn like yaoi. I had the same suspicions when I started watching lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom