• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Got a Kickstarter update from Trigger regarding LWA2. Looks like they've been spending too much time on the super high budget production masterpiece Ninja Slayer, because LWA2 is definitely delaaaaaaaaaaayed. I think we already knew that though. Whatever. I've already written it off as a loss. Just like all anime. What a mistake this entire industry was. Nothing but trash!

I still have faith in Trigger! Call me a fool maybe but I think LWA2 will end up great.

Ragnarok huh? Good fantasy setting? How's the story?

Its been a long time since I watched but I remember enjoying a lot. Its decent fantasy based on the Ragnarok RPG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3FXIYOl88g

and just because this song is so great heres the full version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0v7t9HvxDM

I like that DanMachi is real life RPG.
Waiting for the inevitable Vita announcement that takes all of the rules and systems from the show such as the stats and levelling and puts them in actual game form. Give it a few more weeks/months, and I'd say Bamco or something will make an announcement. If they manage to make it as decent as their SAO Hollow Fragment in terms of how faithful the systems are to the show, I'll import it even if I can't understand one single bit of Japanese lol.

Cornbread78

Waiting for the inevitable Vita announcement that takes all of the rules and systems from the show such as the stats and levelling and puts them in actual game form. Give it a few more weeks/months, and I'd say Bamco or something will make an announcement. If they manage to make it as decent as their SAO Hollow Fragment in terms of how faithful the systems are to the show, I'll import it even if I can't understand one single bit of Japanese lol.

This would be glorious, but we would need a NA version. .

She is. No need for Nisekoi to drag it out any further.

Well, we can watch the other girls squirm for a bit.

Jarmel

Banned
The funny part about the delay is that they don't even specify how far behind they are, nor did they give us a solid time window in the first place. It's a nebulous delay for a nebulous release date.

Cornbread78

No best girls can win , you just need to not expect them to win.
Childhood friends however ... are another story.

Childhood friends always lose.

Wait, all the Nisekoi girls are childhood friends. That means we're limited to the prince or lil' sis. wildcard is Paula or Onodera's nerdy friend.

Well ok so very seldomly they win through the power of SCIENCE.

Well, from yesterday,
Koko
won too!

MIkagura gakuen - 07

Did seisa kill the clouds with her power ? That's beyond the cheat code , lol

It's intresting that after so many episode seisa maid attitude is still harsh but has fallen for our heroine pace, it should be good to see what happens
Mikagura%20Gakuen%20Kumikyoku%20-%2007.jpg

Why_not_both.gif
Otone white mode and dark mode is excellent , she should provide a lot of fun in the group dynamics from now on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He has a normal level of of attraction to good looking girls though. It's just not stated all that much since he's a huge downer. But he was into Orimoto, so there's no way he's not into the other three.
That's not to say he doesn't show attraction, but that's not really enough to be a romcom. His romantic concerns are a secondary concern, at best, really.

Defuser

Wait, all the Nisekoi girls are childhood friends. That means we're limited to the prince or lil' sis. wildcard is Paula or Onodera's nerds friend.
Oh wait till you see later if there is a season 3..there is a someone who looks like a childhood friend but is not and everybody agrees she is better than childhood friend herself.

cajunator

Banned

Wait, all the Nisekoi girls are childhood friends. That means we're limited to the prince or lil' sis. wildcard is Paula or Onodera's nerdy friend.

Well, from yesterday,
Koko
won too!

She definitely won because of some weird ass SCIENCE

javac

Here's all of the Anime Limited updates from yesterday: Link

Here's today's Anime Limited updates:

Anime Limited:
  1. New Licenses:
    • Durarara!! X2 - DVD/BD, Later this year, Dub and Sub
    • Aldnoah Zero - DVD/BD, Later this year
  2. Miscellaneous:
    • Gundam talk - there might be news for Gundam fans later in the year, teases Andrew!
    • Andrew has further hinted as to what the Gundam title in question he was referring to - the word "turn" was prominent there... ;)
    • Discussion of the need to split Sword Art Online into four volumes, and the impact reverse importation has on this requirement.
    • There's another announcement to come later. Think a show with lots of cliffhangers! (And no, it isn't Cross Ange, Andrew confirms)

javac

These updates are from today's Manga Entrainment and Animatsu panel and come from ukanime

Manga:
  1. New Licenses:
    • Knights of Sidonia - DVD/BD, Season 1, August 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 1 (Beginnings) - DVD/BD, July 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 2 (Eternal) - DVD/BD, July 2015.
    • Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 3 (Rebellion) - DVD/BD, September 28th 2015.
    • Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F - Not too long after US release.
  2. Animatsu
    • A Certain Scientific Railgun - DVD/BD, This Summer.
    • A Certain Magical Index - DVD/BD, This Summer.
    • Parasyte: The Maxim - Summer
    • Triage X
    • Black Bullet
    • Golden Time
  3. Updates:
    • Knights of Sidonia Season 1: Will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in August. Blu-ray edition should be a Deluxe Collector's Edition. Will include all of Sentai's on-disc content.
    • The Madoka Magica Movies: Blu-ray Two Film Collector's Edition as well as a separate standard DVD releases for each film.
    • Railgun and Index: will be released as complete season box sets, based off FUNimation's releases.
    • Evangelion 3.33: It's nearly there, but we're still waiting for real news.
    • Future Diary: "Not yet, we're hoping to hear something soon"
    • Toriko: Jerome passed on it, it hasn't performed well in the US or Australia.
    • Steins;Gate Movie: UK rights haven't been agreed upon yet, but it is under offer. It won't be released until a dub is available tho.
  4. Miscellaneous:
    • Animatsu handle marketing and acquisitions for Manga Entertainment, as well as their own titles where they can do "more cool stuff".
    • Free: Jerome is talking to licensors in regards to Free, but they want to release it on Blu-ray so talks are still on-going.
    • Jerome is interested in some sports anime releases in general; he's particularly keen on Yowamushi Pedal.
    • Would Jerome consider licensing Sailor Moon? "It's a hot property, everyone would love to have it, so we'll see what happens!"
    • Assassination Classroom is high up Jerome's "want" list.
    • FUNimation holds the UK rights to High School DxD Season 2 - Manga Entertainment are waiting for follow-up on a possible UK release.
    • Will JoJo's Bizarre Adventure be licensed? It depends on what Warner Bros Japan choose to do, so "hopefully".
    • Jerome would love to bring Silver Spoon to the UK.
    • Jerome might be interested in "giving Gintama a punt", as it boasts good streaming numbers.
    • Jerome would be interested in a Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Blu-ray release if other territories do it.
    • Talks about a Macross Frontier license, and the issues that Harmony Gold cause to block this.
Enjoy!

kewlmyc

It's also a dating sim because they know their fanbase.

Anime Limited:
  1. New Licenses:
  2. Miscellaneous:
    • Gundam talk - there might be news for Gundam fans later in the year, teases Andrew!
    • Andrew has further hinted as to what the Gundam title in question he was referring to - the word "turn" was prominent there... ;)
    • Discussion of the need to split Sword Art Online into four volumes, and the impact reverse importation has on this requirement.
    • There's another announcement to come later. Think a show with lots of cliffhangers! (And no, it isn't Cross Ange, Andrew confirms)

Any idea when they're releasing the fixed version of Durarara season 1?

Anime Limited:
  1. New Licenses:
  2. Miscellaneous:

Did someone say...

tumblr_nhdl3tdWiK1tqgdkjo1_400.gif

GUNDAM?!

javac

Any idea when they're releasing the fixed version of Durarara season 1?
It's already out, I already received my replacement discs, they just sent me a copy of the Newly released Standard Edition Blu-ray as that contains the new discs which have been fixed.
~ Our new release this week the Standard Edition Blu-ray (that includes our reauthored discs) and DVD of Durarara!!. You can get full details about this set in a post of ours from a few weeks HERE.

~ Speaking of Durarara!! in case you didn’t read it in our Newswire last week fulfilment for our Limited Edition Blu-ray replacement programme is ongoing. The latest update on this can be found below in the Replacement Update section.

lonely

So I just checked MVM's twitter account and their 2016 line up looks pretty good: Love live S1/S2, Flowers of Evil, So I Can't Play H, Busou Shinki, Rosen Maiden-Zuruckspulen, Sasami-San@Ganbarani, Photokano, Re-Kan, Outbreak Company, Kamisama Kiss S2, Nyanko!, Love, Election & Chocolate, Hidamari Sketch S1, Kampfer/Kampfer Fur Die Liebe, Kill Me Baby, Maid-Sama! and Samurai Harem. Unlimited Blade Works will also be releasing here in the UK at the end of the year.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So ANNCast did an episode with what I assumed is a well known Fate/Type Moon fan... well, this week they did an episode with the founder of Fakku.net. I wonder which was the more awkward conversation. lol

Anime Limited:
  1. New Licenses:
  2. Miscellaneous:

Turn A Gundam for the UK? Nice! Could get lucky and get the BDs here!

Ah, who am I kidding. No way we're getting those!

Seraph of the End Episode 8 First Extermination
CFsjY1yWoAA4FAu.png

The comedy was amazing, the car scene with Yu being so amazed at Kimizuki and then driving it, lol. Not to mention the earlier scene when everyone being impressed at Yu taking out the vampire, but then arguing with Kimizuki, and lastly, the Shinoa in the her car scene. Amazing.

I cant wait for everyone to start going all out.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan Episode 8 - A Plot by Haruhi Suzumiya

tumblr_norzrudXVy1tqsu3ro2_540.png
tumblr_norzrudXVy1tqsu3ro1_540.png

Yes finally an actual animation of a popular prompt for these two that Ive only scene in doujins. It made the whole seven episodes thus far so worth it. And Koizumi, please more, love him so much. I wish Kyon would have played around too.

javac

These updates are from MVM

MVM:
  1. New Licenses:
    • Love Live! School Idol Project Season 1 - DVD, Collector’s Edition, July 27th 2015, BD next year with Dub
    • Amnesia Collection - DVD/BD, £29.99 & £34.99, 6th July 2015.
    • Captain Earth - DVD/BD, PART 1: 13th July 2015, PART 2: 14th September 2015, Sub Only, £24.99 and £29.99 RRP
    • Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - DVD/BD, 19th October 2015.
    • Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Aiming for DVD & BD, End of the Year.
  2. 2016
    • The Flowers of Evil - 2016
    • So, I Can't Play H! - 2016.
    • Love Live! Season 2 - 2016.
    • Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen - 2016
    • Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - 2016.
    • Photo Kano - 2016.
    • Re-Kan! - 2016
    • Outbreak Company - 2016.
    • Kamisama Kiss Season 2 - 2016.
    • Nyanko! - 2016
    • Love, Election & Chocolate - 2016.
    • Hidamari Sketch Season 1 - 2016.
    • Kampfer / Kämpfer für die Liebe - 2016
    • Kill Me Baby - 2016.
    • Maid-Sama! - 2016.
    • Samurai Harem: Asu no Yoichi - 2016
Enjoy!

hamchan

SNAFU 7-8

I think I lost the plot somewhere or something is wrong with the crunchyroll subs because it feels like everyone is talking really vaguely and I have NO IDEA what they are even on about at all at this point.

They keep talking about "it" and Hachiman saying he wants the real thing and then everyone is crying and Yukinoshita says "I don't understand" and I say to myself "I don't understand either" and then I'm just left with a feeling of WTF.

Yet I can't stop myself from liking this show. 10/10

And yeah I'll probably go read the light novels at this point.

Well... Ayu won ;P

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie 3 (Rebellion) - DVD/BD, September 28th 2015.

Evangelion 3.33: It's nearly there, but we're still waiting for real news.
Future Diary: "Not yet, we're hoping to hear something soon"
Steins;Gate Movie: UK rights haven't been agreed upon yet, but it is under offer. It won't be released until a dub is available tho.

Jerome would love to bring Silver Spoon to the UK.

Eh, guess I should get Rebellion then... Hope they release Silver Spoon. Will buy Future Diary if they release on BD :p

Hidamari Sketch Season 1 - 2016.

Kill Me Baby - 2016.

BGBW will be pleased. And finally Hidamari Sketch! Hopefully BD.

javac

With all of these announcements the only thing I care about is Aku no Hana, and the possibility of Gundam which will probably just be identical to the Turn A DVD that just came out. RightStuf has gone on record saying that if the DVD sold well they'll bringing the BD over down the line, so here's hoping its that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom