• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Hello!! Kiniro Mosaic should have had the top spot in OP ;P

Agreed!

What, why am I number 5 on the wall of shame? How the hell did that happen again.

Dark arts, unspeakable. Accept your fate.

Find this in 4chan

What powers do you get?

1427214199045.jpg

I'm not happy about this. And I normally like dubs.

It's too pure and good to exist in this world.

Denpa teki na Kanojo

Been meaning to watch this sometime.

Anastasia

OmakeGifAnime-THEiDOLMSTERCINDERELLAGIRLS-Episode8-AnastasiaBreeze_zps13135301.gif~original

Да.

Hyouka is the biggest reason KyoAni is good.

Clannad/Clannad: After Story
No, I'm not sorry.

no offense, but i cant get into anything that has this sort of art style:

Shin Sekai Yori

b4befa6e58687a64462a3511062bbfe11348858764_full.jpg

Madoka Magica

happy.jpg

might have a great story n shit, but yeah, aint my type of thang

You should watch Gankutsuou if you want an amazing, non-cute artstyle with an amazing story.

Thanks for linking this as I found this old gem:

ibn498q3NDHYPD.png

hahahahaha

:lol

You people got Cajun to watch Cross Ange?

AnimeGAF truly is poison.

We're the monsters.

FUND IT YOU BASTARDS

I've seen Upotte!! thanks to our very own MikeHattsu. I still have my plate full with BGBW's favorite mecha!

or

Maybe I should watch good anime.

Good...anime?

Watch IS next. Firehawk seal of approval and all. Also approved by Narag and MrJeff. You just know it's good. Also Jexhius says you should watch Upotte!

I also approve. But just because of Charlotte, Laura, and Russia.

This is not acceptable.

Jexhius please don't stop.

*bow*

Toradora 6-8

I won't lie, true to her name sake, Ami is fiiine... but I respect Ryuji for resisting her, because she's kind of a bitch. I'd pick Taiga over her too.

Taiga best girl.

I think anime has actually become a buzzword and I have no idea how it happened

I HATE ANIME*

*except for like DBZ or Bebop or awkward Star Wars fananimations, I guess. You know, that rad, badass shit. None of this MOE** shit.

**Don't ask me to define moe, it just is and everything new is moe. There are zero non-moe shows. Zero.***

***Okay there might be some, but then I have to search/ask for/look for myself for them and thats soooo painful...

Fafner 3-4

Other kids get recruited, but I still can't remember their names. And the setting is getting a bit more intriguing now that it's revealed they're hiding from not only the aliens/monsters, but also the rest of humanity.

Thoraxes

Yessssssssss

I ordered the combo set. no regrets!

I did too! I was charged for it last night so it should ship soon.

Also I ordered something that shipped a week ago, but it hasn't moved from Iowa yet >.>

It was my Nise/Neko Black/TWGOK III order. It said it could take up to 10-14 days with the free shipping, but a majority (aka every single order but this one) of my free shipping items have come in like 3 days or less.

Also it's been sitting there for 8 days now... Wonder if it got lost at the post office out there.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yuri Kuma Arashi end
Kureha become a bear. With the way thing goes, there's no way for Kureha to be with Ginko while still being a human form. Her sin is pride for asking the judge to turn Ginko into a human being. Notice that this time she willingly descent the staircase by herself instead of falling down.

Kumaria show herself as Sumika in front of Kureha, because Sumika is what Kureha think an ideal love form is, just like Ginko see her desire in form of *what'shernamebear*

People can choose to be ignorant, but as long as your love is true, it might inspire somebody to change.

I guess Lulu and her brother is in heaven now.

Kureha and Ginko ascended to higher plane of existence, no longer trapped in wall of severance.
Moral of the story: Bestiality and incest is fine as long there's love
/jk

So yeah, wonderful story all around. Ikuhara still got it. But yeah, first 3 episode definitely have pacing issue and just plain WTF.

Still been out of the anime game for the most part (didn't end up sticking with Shirobako or Rolling Girls like I thought I would). However I've always said I'd return for sequels to shows I watched during my active period, so it looks like I'm coming back for Kiniro Mosaic S2, and I also just discovered Punchline, and I can't say no to a show with Kugyuu and Uchikoshi scripts. So yeah, guess I'm back in for a bit.

Non Non Biyori S2 in the summer as well, so stay for that period too!

Fooled me for a second there :p

phaze

It gets a lot better and is a lot of fun with some pretty well done dramatic moments. The huge level of fanservice in episode 0 is not really representative of the series as a whole. Its like they chose to give you a fanservice OVA right at the start.
Frankly, I found the premise and MC so abhorrent that even if it improves it probably wouldn't be enough. I will stick to Nise for my harem idiocy dose.

Toradora 6-8

I won't lie, true to her name sake, Ami is fiiine... but I respect Ryuji for resisting her, because she's kind of a bitch. I'd pick Taiga over her too.

Taiga is the worst though.

Haha bloodborne was this past weekend, this week I have a very sick dog and many training seminars for my job I have to go through which require lots of driving. This weekend I'll have time because I have downtime while I take care of dog and already told friends I can't hang.
Hope everything will work out there !

Also you're watching Monster? Whoever put you up to it has good taste.

You meant awful right ? Because that's how Monster is.

It is only fitting that I saddled myself with it on my own.

/XX/

Trigger's PR guy Tattun is also busy babysitting Sushio & co. in Texas.
Tangentially related to your post, but I wanted to say that I miss the times when (while still at GAiNAX) they hired for this kind of overseas events actual freelance translators like Satsuma Potato because these didn't feel the need of maintaining it all 'in-house' as a secret, and even did a personal travel-log instead (that I much welcomed):

One Potato Two Company G
http://kurouzu.blog63.fc2.com/blog-category-4.html

Quasar

Nisekoi OVA3 - two titilating shorts, one at least I remember from the manga. Another i stance of the Marika/Shitoge rivalry, as well as I think show more of Haru and Paula in preparation for S2 I guess. Hoping perhaps my favourite arc gets done this time.

Surprised Crunchyroll didn't announce the second season of My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU yet despite it airing today.

TBS is hesitant to allow companies to stream shows they air on their main network immediately following airing after The Anime Network fucked up in 2012 and streamed To-Love-Ru Darkness about 24 hours early and a Chinese licensor streamed Chuunibyou Ren 24 hours early last year. While neither of those titles were run on TBS proper, they (rationally) want to minimize any chance that fans would catch an illegal upload instead of the run on their station.

cajunator

Banned
Yes it was! :D

[Aria the Natural] - X~26 END

What I could say? It's more Aria, so relaxing. I feel like I'm wasting a relaxing anime when I don't need it. lol
But man, that episode 16, hit me like the Going Merry,
the spirit of the gondola wanting to go just a little longer with her
. ;___;
Then episode 18 and 19 come and make Aika best girl:

Akari doesn't need an exorcist, because she has Cait Sith on her side...but just to be safe it would be better if she went to one.
Episode 22 doesn't exist. I refuse to accept DTLverse. ×____×
Akari, Dekkai Momiko! Aika, Gachapen! and Alice, Dekkai Kinshi! Perfect monikers, jokes aside I learned recently the lesson of this episode but it's always good to have a remimder.
So...Alicia wanted to roll snowballs when she was growing up?

Shes super adorable! And she has short blue hair. Goddess tier perfection.
You have excellent taste.

Wait is this from a game? Or is this another anime series? Because the Blazblue anime was one of the lowest budget things I've ever watched.

aCxtnq6.gif

I have no idea but I saw Kokonoe~!
The BlazBlue anime is...really bad though.

Anime is basically shorthand for anything that looks like a Japanese cartoon that people would feel embarrassed about being seen by others enjoying, be it for the titillation or the juvenile humour, which is hardly a problem exclusive to the medium.

Only people who lack any sort of self confidence are afraid of anime. Its silly.

So going by how Trigger hasn't said otherwise yet, I guess this is legit?

I hope it is! Its probably not though. Looks too similar to other recent stuff they have done. but who knows!
Wheres my LWA2?

I did too! I was charged for it last night so it should ship soon.

Also I ordered something that shipped a week ago, but it hasn't moved from Iowa yet >.>

It was my Nise/Neko Black/TWGOK III order. It said it could take up to 10-14 days with the free shipping, but a majority (aka every single order but this one) of my free shipping items have come in like 3 days or less.

Also it's been sitting there for 8 days now... Wonder if it got lost at the post office out there.

I havent been charged for it yet but it will likely be soon if they already charged you.
I have Nisekoi vol 3 and Sankarea waiting at my parents house where I ship stuff.
Also cant wait for the NGNL set!
They finally shipped Devil Homura too so that giant box will show up here very shortly.

Gorilla sucks. Im sorry she just does. Mean bitch monster :(

Cornbread78

Bakemonogatari Ep 6-10:
scenerios are getting very interesting, and are deviating from teh main plot line that I'm interested in. I mean, I'm at the last possible arc I can watch on Crunchy so I really don't know what the outcome of the series is, or how it will be continued, however, they have completely deviated from the best character of the show:

They have tried to portray Araragi as a victim of by being too helpful to everyone, but the past couple Arcs, he has completely abandoned his "Tsundere" girlfriend and will not include her or tell her the truth about anything going on, but at the same time he now includes her "underclassmen,"
Kanbaru
, who views her as a
lover
in the exploits. At the same time there is a huge focus on the class pres. and their friendship with appears to be more of a llove relationship than the one he has with his own girlfriend. They list this as having romance, but it is just approaching another harem anime at time. Poor Senjougahara, I'd include her in everything, lol.

TBS is hesitant to allow companies to stream shows they air on their main network immediately following airing after The Anime Network fucked up in 2012 and streamed To-Love-Ru Darkness about 24 hours early and a Chinese licensor streamed Chuunibyou Ren 24 hours early last year. While neither of those titles were run on TBS proper, they (rationally) want to minimize any chance that fans would catch an illegal upload instead of the run on their station.

That makes sense then. So I guess it will be a delay-cast like with the later episodes of Chu Ren?

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 406 – The Place Where I Belong
tumblr_nm6hghhCXZ1sqn50vo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nm6hghhCXZ1sqn50vo4_540.jpg

The new OP is pretty awesome.(not just for Sasuke but the whole style of it). Though it doesnt feel like a final OP. The ED is alright, pretty much a Madara showcase but reconfirmed canonical HashiMada.

Entertaining Sakura Ino training episode, pretty inspirational.

cajunator

Banned
Bakemonogatari Ep 6-10:
scenerios are getting very interesting, and are deviating from teh main plot line that I'm interested in. I mean, I'm at the last possible arc I can watch on Crunchy so I really don't know what the outcome of the series is, or how it will be continued, however, they have completely deviated from the best character of the show:

They have tried to portray Araragi as a victim of by being too helpful to everyone, but the past couple Arcs, he has completely abandoned his "Tsundere" girlfriend and will not include her or tell her the truth about anything going on, but at the same time he now includes her "underclassmen,"
Kanbaru
, who views her as a
lover
in the exploits. At the same time there is a huge focus on the class pres. and their friendship with appears to be more of a llove relationship than the one he has with his own girlfriend. They list this as having romance, but it is just approaching another harem anime at time. Poor Senjougahara, I'd include her in everything, lol.

Senjou is clearly the best, but the problem is Araragi has a lot of choice. He is surrounded by spiritual cuties and it presents a dilemma.

More Chihayafuru?

*Jumps up and down like an excited school girl*

what? WHAT? *hyperventilates

Midonin

The only TBS show that's aired at any time close to its first airing was Locodol. Fafnir was fairly close by being one day after, but most of the time... yeah, delays. I'm more interested in Re-Kan, which will probably be hit with the same thing.

The only TBS show that's aired at any time close to its first airing was Locodol. Fafnir was fairly close by being one day after, but most of the time... yeah, delays. I'm more interested in Re-Kan, which will probably be hit with the same thing.

Locodol, along with Twintails, had international rights held by Fuji Creative. (I was utterly shocked to see that TBS's committee handed rights to another TV station.)

I did, I just didn't talk about it here because I'm a nincompoop.

tl;dr I liked Penguindrum more, but it was more solid and more consistent the whole way through. Really should have been two cours though.

This is basically how I feel about the show. It really would have benefited from a second cour, although from Episode 4 onwards its basically pretty damn consistent.

Penguindrum still tops it for me, but Yuri Kuma was a really good show, and I'm glad that we got to see it. Watching the show actually made me appreciate even more just how great Ikuhara is at using soundtracks and music cues effectively in his shows.

I'm hoping the wait for the next Ikuhara show won't be as long.

More Chihayafuru?

*Jumps up and down like an excited school girl*

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Vito

Banned
Oh good lord, stop feeding Crunchyroll clicks, especially when it's Scott Green behind it. He has about as much insight as a friggin potato, all he did was copy speculation from AnimeLand (ex MangaNews guy, now owned by ANN) and Otakomu. All it says is there's a big announcement.

Oh good lord, stop feeding Crunchyroll clicks, especially when it's Scott Green behind it. He has about as much insight as a friggin potato, all he did was copy speculation from AnimeLand (ex MangaNews guy, now owned by ANN) and Otakomu. All it says is there's a big announcement.

I'm not sure what your issue is, seeing as how the post actually sources them. It's not like he's copying stuff and passing it off as his own.

You don't need to get so worked up over this stuff.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 127

A new school year, new theme songs, and two new students to rise to prominence. Rin Kurosawa, street dancer, and Madoka Amahane, granddaughter of Angely Sugar's designer. The gap in their dance types and personalities isn't quite, say, Anzu/Kirari level, but they have a certain gap that makes them a good pairing. I like Rin a little more - the episode certainly gave her more focus - but they both have plenty of time to grow into the cast.

New OP is alright, new ED is pretty good.

Also, another reason to like Rin. Her brand, Dance Fusion, is run by Johnny's old dance partner. Johnny is going to be more than just a random English-speaking guy.

I just found out Charlotte PV2 is up(region lock as usual by Aniplex, lazy to re-upload, someone will do it i think.)

Anyone is this show confirmed 1 cour or 2 cour? because if it's 1 cour i'm afraid it will be Angel Beats again

VRMN

Lack of Haru in the material indicates that she's probably not in episode one despite the marketing kind of centering on her. Images of Chitoge in a winter coat and muffler indicates that they're probably going to start off with the Christmas story as I kind of suspected they would, which means Haru will probably not show until...I'll say a month or two in depending on if they time skip after Christmas or do some of the in between chapters. *sigh*

Puruzi

Banned
Lack of Haru in the material indicates that she's probably not in episode one despite the marketing kind of centering on her. Images of Chitoge in a winter coat and muffler indicates that they're probably going to start off with the Christmas story as I kind of suspected they would, which means Haru will probably not show until...I'll say a month or two in depending on if they time skip after Christmas or do some of the in between chapters. *sigh*
Haru is in the 3rd OVA that was just released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom