• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out Charlotte PV2 is up(region lock as usual by Aniplex, lazy to re-upload, someone will do it i think.)

Anyone is this show confirmed 1 cour or 2 cour? because if it's 1 cour i'm afraid it will be Angel Beats again

LELOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH

Wait hold on, according to his character description from ANN:

First-year student and student council member with the power to take over another body of his choosing (for only five seconds).

So basically it's a weaker version of this guy's power.

latest

Oh my goodness, KEY's taking elements from Valvrave and Geass.

I don't know how I feel about this.

phaze

Bakemonogatari Ep 6-10:
scenerios are getting very interesting, and are deviating from teh main plot line that I'm interested in. I mean, I'm at the last possible arc I can watch on Crunchy so I really don't know what the outcome of the series is, or how it will be continued, however, they have completely deviated from the best character of the show:

They have tried to portray Araragi as a victim of by being too helpful to everyone, but the past couple Arcs, he has completely abandoned his "Tsundere" girlfriend and will not include her or tell her the truth about anything going on, but at the same time he now includes her "underclassmen,"
Kanbaru
, who views her as a
lover
in the exploits. At the same time there is a huge focus on the class pres. and their friendship with appears to be more of a llove relationship than the one he has with his own girlfriend. They list this as having romance, but it is just approaching another harem anime at time. Poor Senjougahara, I'd include her in everything, lol.
Last episode has plenty of her.
Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 406 – The Place Where I Belong
tumblr_nm6hghhCXZ1sqn50vo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nm6hghhCXZ1sqn50vo4_540.jpg

The new OP is pretty awesome.(not just for Sasuke but the whole style of it). Though it doesnt feel like a final OP. The ED is alright, pretty much a Madara showcase but reconfirmed canonical HashiMada.

Entertaining Sakura Ino training episode, pretty inspirational.

I swear, there was a time in the past where they didn't feel the need to spoil every single, bloody plotpoint in the opening. Both are alright though without being great. Fun traditional art in the backgrounds for the OP. ED feels like the equivalent of that Obito ED but with actual animation in it. Pretty neat, especially all the flashback shots.
Lies are not tolerated here!

The (Toradora full series spoilers)
shit she pulls in the last episodes alone would be enough to warrant that position and she was the worst even before that.

Lack of Haru in the material indicates that she's probably not in episode one despite the marketing kind of centering on her. Images of Chitoge in a winter coat and muffler indicates that they're probably going to start off with the Christmas story as I kind of suspected they would, which means Haru will probably not show until...I'll say a month or two in depending on if they time skip after Christmas or do some of the in between chapters. *sigh*
Good.

Cornbread78

Bakemonogatari Ep 11-12 (unfortunately END):
It's actually unfortunate that the rest of the episodes are not on Crunchy as I spoke a little too soon in my prior post. Ep. 12 was a beautiful episode for sure and exactly what was needed at that point for them Araragi and Senjougahara

The conversation with
her father in the car was a great moment of truth, as any father can only ask that of a man looking to date his daughter. He admitted his prior mistakes with her and asks him to protect her
; perfect for her father to openly admit how happy his daughter is now and his approval of Araragi to being with her. Perfect.

I mean, the whole episode was well sripted, drawn out and executed down to Hitage's date request, her reaction to him being late and him being hesitant about everything in general up to that point. This is what he really wanted anyway, right; this is more than he could have ever hoped for from a woman. On top of that, she says the right thing at the right time and will protect herself as needed, however, at this moment, she puts her defenses aside and makes herself vulnerable to Araragi in thsi beautiful moment of truth for the couple:

bakemonogatari-12-senjougahara-araragi-beneath-the-stars.jpg

Who made the first move here? Well played sir, well played, it's about time you stepped up like a man...

I'll have to leave the series here, but for me, it's a great ending, screw the cat and everything else, this was a great diversion and hopefully sets another tone of deeper understanding and bond between the two characters... Great Episode...

cajunator

Banned
I just found out Charlotte PV2 is up(region lock as usual by Aniplex, lazy to re-upload, someone will do it i think.)

Anyone is this show confirmed 1 cour or 2 cour? because if it's 1 cour i'm afraid it will be Angel Beats again

It does look familiar...

Charlotte PV2 http://a.pomf.se/sdkgom.mp4

Yeah I know, I'd rather see CR get no clicks for it though, since it's something they just copy pasted. The whole preview is from Be-Love's page but Green couldn't even be arsed to link it http://be-love.jp/content/files/tpl/pdf/next/next201509.pdf

Nobody knows what Be-love is though. Would much rather get anime news I can actually understand. I dont care who its from.

Bakemonogatari Ep 11-12 (unfortunately END):
It's actually unfortunate that the rest of the episodes are not on Crunchy as I spoke a little too soon in my prior post. Ep. 12 was a beautiful episode for sure and exactly what was needed at that point for them Araragi and Senjougahara

The conversation with
her father in the car was a great moment of truth, as any father can only ask that of a man looking to date his daughter. He admitted his prior mistakes with her and asks him to protect her
; perfect for her father to openly admit how happy his daughter is now and his approval of Araragi to being with her. Perfect.

I mean, the whole episode was well sripted, drawn out and executed down to Hitage's date request, her reaction to him being late and him being hesitant about everything in general up to that point. This is what he really wanted anyway, right; this is more than he could have ever hoped for from a woman. On top of that, she says the right thing at the right time and will protect herself as needed, however, at this moment, she puts her defenses aside and makes herself vulnerable to Araragi in thsi beautiful moment of truth for the couple:

bakemonogatari-12-senjougahara-araragi-beneath-the-stars.jpg

Who made the first move here? Well played sir, well played, it's about time you stepped up like a man...

I'll have to leave the series here, but for me, it's a great ending, screw the cat and everything else, this was a great diversion and hopefully sets another tone of deeper understanding and bond between the two characters... Great Episode...

Nisemonogatari is the next one if you wish to continue.

[Mushibugyou OAD] - 02
bdI1TAQ.png

Hhmmm...the carrots will...the daikon will...

It's been some time since the anime ended, I could try the manga later.
Hibachi focused OAD, so more fanservice oriented than shonen battle oriented, part A going to patrol with Tsukishima and part B going on a mission with Mugai and comparing the two of them.
Next OAD preview, Mushibugyou Gakuen!

Midonin

Cyberteam in Akihabara - 2011 Summer Vacation

First off, the subtitle job on this was terrible. I know enough Japanese to fill in the gaps, but someone needs to produce a better sub of this, if there's any interest in it.

The art style was a little easier on the eyes, a little brighter and a little poppier than the TV series. The characters looked older, even though it had only been one year since the TV series ended - or a few months after, at best. If Utena's movie was heavily thematic and disorienting, and Nadesico's was a war, then this movie was simply chaotic.

And a large part of that has to do with making one-off character Uzura a recurring part of the cast for this special, even having her go all gung-ho on a police station to free Hibari and company. I don't dislike Uzura, but I'm curious if she had that many fans that they decided to work her into here. I'm also not sure how everyone besides Hibari and Tsubame gained the ability to fuse with their Divas, but I'm totally okay with it, since it's closer to what I thought was going to happen in the main series.

Freed from the ancient conspiracy angle of the TV series, it's become something a lot closer to the Kamen Rider Fourze movie. A space station is going out of control, bad things will happen, it's your job to stop it. I'm okay with that. The subs could've been better, but the movie itself was a good popcorn movie. Characters I love doing things I love, saving the world in the process.

Three series at once was a fine experiment, but I'll go back to one series at a time for my backlog for a little while. Got a few shows at Funi I would like to try out.

/XX/

You should watch some of their other works if you haven't. Clannad and Kanon 2006 are better than Angel Beats.

I watched the original Kanon and I never really cared too much for Clannad to finish it. I still think Angel Beats was more entertaining and hit me harder from the ones I watched. I know it was a bit of a rushed ending, but still sad as hell.

Jex

And this is only 5000 yen, too!

I was talking to Risette about the Beautiful Dreamer blu-ray earlier, and she alerted me to the fact that there's a UY movie box set coming that may use a different transfer. So I will wait for that to happen, but rest assured, soon I will fill in the final gap and own every single great Oshii film on blu-ray. SOON.
Oh really? Hmm that sounds tempting.
In retrospect, while Penguindrum had significant questionable moments and times where I had no idea if the show knew where it was going, its highs were spectacular and I think it really did have a beautiful vision to wrap-up on; it just took its sweet time getting there, gleefully pulling the rug out from under everything whenever it felt like it. I've only ever seen it once, the first time through, but I really want to give it another go soon.
Speaking of Penguindrum, there's a pretty good analysis of the show (with questionable commentary) here.

Andrew J.

- Ange & Tusks encounter on the island is almost farcically bad, like a parody of "pilots get trapped together on an island" episodes. You can read that in a number of ways.

Their entire relationship is essentially a farcical parody of anime romance, no?

I watched the original Kanon and I never really cared too much for Clannad to finish it. I still think Angel Beats was more entertaining and hit me harder from the ones I watched. I know it was a bit of a rushed ending, but still sad as hell.

Ok. Angel Beats was the weakest one for me. Even liked Air and Little Busters more.

Andrew J.

I think that's what the show was aiming for but considering how bad the script ended up being it's hard to say!

The bad writing is part of the parody!

I don't actually believe this, but approaching the show this way makes it much more entertaining.

Valvrave the Liberator 10

CBmRbMZUIAEH86s.png:large

Me watching this show

Oh. That's why people lovingly refer to this as "Space Nazi Vampire Mecha Rape." I got the first four but now it's come full circle.

I'm not going to pretend like I didn't know this happened because that's pretty much all anybody talks about when this show is brought up but HOLY SHIT. I didn't know it was this episode and just the way it plays out with the election thing going on at the same time I didn't know whether to laugh or be disgusted.

Well, L-Elf and Saki are way better then Haruto and Shoko so I'm just going to act like they are the main characters because it's better that way. Every time, pretty much without fail, if Haruto is talking to either Shoko or Saki the other one will just show up. How does that happen with such accuracy?
This show is really fighting Cross Ange for top billing on the SUNRISE™ list

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
This is basically how I feel about the show. It really would have benefited from a second cour, although from Episode 4 onwards its basically pretty damn consistent.

Penguindrum still tops it for me, but Yuri Kuma was a really good show, and I'm glad that we got to see it. Watching the show actually made me appreciate even more just how great Ikuhara is at using soundtracks and music cues effectively in his shows.

I'm hoping the wait for the next Ikuhara show won't be as long.
At the rate we are going, the next Ikuhara show will be a three-part OAV, and that's if we are lucky. The sad realisation I had with Yurikuma is that Ikuhara is unwilling to fit his stories to the broadcast length he's allotted, and nobody is gonna finance another one of his projects because Ikuhara shows only sell to Ikuhara fans.
If you're interested in my usual fruity overanalysing, I talked over the first couple episodes with noted bear enthusiast Thoraxes in the last thread: here, here, and here. (Although these were my true, raw feelings.) I haven't watched past episode 4 because I'm terrible, but my general feeling is that YKA got stronger as it went along and I think that's confirmed by later episode impressions here.

In retrospect, while Penguindrum had significant questionable moments and times where I had no idea if the show knew where it was going, its highs were spectacular and I think it really did have a beautiful vision to wrap-up on; it just took its sweet time getting there, gleefully pulling the rug out from under everything whenever it felt like it. I've only ever seen it once, the first time through, but I really want to give it another go soon.
Penguindrum, to me, feels like a concept that had an idea of what it wanted to be, but lacked a clear focus on how it wanted to show it. The whole middle section where it stops focusing on Ringo is very weak, and maybe it could have benefitted from cutting up some of the stuff regarding Tabuki and Yuri. On the other hand, the finale for that show works incredibly due to how well realised the main cast is portrayed, which is something I feel Yurikuma didn't earn because it didn't have enough time to let the audience get used to the cast.

Yurikuma is Ikuhara trying to win a 100 metre race, when his stories are constructed to be marathoned instead.

I remember reading a translated interview that said they acknowledge the mistakes made by trying to cram too much into the 1 cour of Angel Beats, and want to fix that in Charlotte. Not sure whether that means it'll be 2 cour, or a better-focused 1 cour.

Katanagatari - 04

Ok,someone help me wrap my head around this. Because this is really boggling my fucking mind.

We've got ourselves a sword fighting anime, here. The whole point of this show is the collection of these 12 demon swords. 12 episodes, 12 swords. Episode 4 rolls around, and they're up against this mysterious dude whom we've seen snippets of all throughout the show so far. Referenced in like every episode. Here's where we finally get to fight him! Japan's strongest!

Instead, we spend our time on the island with his badass older sister and some 3 ninja bug bitches. Dont get me wrong, totally enjoyed my time getting to know more about his sister. Can't wait to see more. But then after that's wrapped up, they go back to the main guy and the fight's over, they got the sword, the dude's dead, and they're celebrating with a view of the island they just decimated during that epic fight.

What. The. Fuck.

Why would you fucking do that? As the writer/director of a swordfighting anime, how the fuck do you waste 90% of the episode on a side character and her interactions with shitty less than side characters. This feels like a bad joke.

It boggles the mind.

I really might just drop this shit right now. Probably has a really disappointing ending.

Jex

Katanagatari - 04

[...]

It boggles the mind.

I really might just drop this shit right now. Probably has a really disappointing ending.
Here's the preview for episode 4, in case you missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfmp13m5zps

Katanagatari
Writer: Nisio Isin

You just got Nisio'd.

Like most of Nisio's writing, Katanagatari is a meta-textual commentary on it's subject matter, explored through lengthy conversations between characters.

It is not, in any way, a sword fighting/action series.

Katanagatari - 04

Ok,someone help me wrap my head around this. Because this is really boggling my fucking mind.

We've got ourselves a sword fighting anime, here. The whole point of this show is the collection of these 12 demon swords. 12 episodes, 12 swords. Episode 4 rolls around, and they're up against this mysterious dude whom we've seen snippets of all throughout the show so far. Referenced in like every episode. Here's where we finally get to fight him! Japan's strongest!

Instead, we spend our time on the island with his badass older sister and some 3 ninja bug bitches. Dont get me wrong, totally enjoyed my time getting to know more about his sister. Can't wait to see more. But then after that's wrapped up, they go back to the main guy and the fight's over, they got the sword, the dude's dead, and they're celebrating with a view of the island they just decimated during that epic fight.

What. The. Fuck.

Why would you fucking do that? As the writer/director of a swordfighting anime, how the fuck do you waste 90% of the episode on a side character and her interactions with shitty less than side characters. This feels like a bad joke.

It boggles the mind.

Yeah, as Jexhius said Katanagatari really isn't an action series, which you you actually should have already noticed from those 4 episodes. If you don't enjoy the dialogues and rhythm of the show so far it might indeed be better to drop it.
But for what it's worth, the finale of the show is surprisingly satisfying on the action front considering it is a Nisio Isin work.

Cornbread78

Umm Cajun, guys....

Ya'll recommended Tsuritama I just watched 1-3, WTF is this show? A fishing story with adventure, action, comedy and love?

I must watch this.

Death Parade 06

Mood whiplash was strong with this one.

Ginti is a dick.

I feel like I should like this show more than I do but somehow it doesn't quite click with me.

TBH I lost interest in Death Parade after episode 7 or 8. The characters nor the situation were interesting enough for me to keep going.

Also unrelated but if Ore Monogatari isn't somewhere in the top 3 AOTS of everyone here y'all gonna die

Cornbread78

Alright, I'm up to Tsuritama EP#5, this one is kinfd of boring, I must say....

Are there any more grand adventures out there to be had on Crunchy? I need to move on in a few more episodes, so I'm looking for my next series, with action/adventure, love/lust and even some comedy... What are my Crunchy options GAF?

Narag

Alright, I'm up to Tsuritama EP#5, this one is kinfd of boring, I must say....

Are there any more grand adventures out there to be had on Crunchy? I need to move on in a few more episodes, so I'm looking for my next series, with action/adventure, love/lust and even some comedy... What are my Crunchy options GAF?

Valerian & Laureline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom