• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whos excited about the Fire Emblem games? You even get cute imoutos this time

SMT x FE looks anime as fuck. I love it.

If I dunno how to feel about the split version thing. Zelda and Pokemon are huge, they can do it. But Awakening just saved the franchise from death, I don't think it's a good time to pull something risky like this and split the development. If there was an $80 version of the game with both versions and the Expansion third path I would buy it because...I would buy it anyway.

SMT x FE I have no idea what to think of. We only saw 2 minutes and it's exploded into a giant argument although the brunt of a lot of it is "too anime" when FE has been generic anime in writing and style for a long ass time (shit man have you SEEN the box art for the old Fire Emblem games?) and most SMT games have younger protags anyway outside of Strange Journey and Nocturne but ANYHOO

I'm a big Fire Emblem fan so I will be buying both of course. Dunno which version of If but I feel like Nintendo should PROBABLY be telling the press some shit so it doesn't become a huge mess of confusion like Killer Instinct 2013 was

Hmm...were those old ass Fire Emblem OVA's ever translated?

cj_iwakura

Toradora 6-8

I won't lie, true to her name sake, Ami is fiiine... but I respect Ryuji for resisting her, because she's kind of a bitch. I'd pick Taiga over her too.

So whos excited about the Fire Emblem games? You even get cute imoutos this time

SMT x FE looks anime as fuck. I love it.

Ninty finally has actually good character design again. Golden Sun was the last time they had good designers.
CBisqU4UAAE45LE.png

Looks like this week's Animator Expo piece might be from this short scene in the trailer:
Fa8ouos.gif

Yeah, got a new laptop, didn't install Photoshop, so enjoy that crappy gif from GifCam.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Still been out of the anime game for the most part (didn't end up sticking with Shirobako or Rolling Girls like I thought I would). However I've always said I'd return for sequels to shows I watched during my active period, so it looks like I'm coming back for Kiniro Mosaic S2, and I also just discovered Punchline, and I can't say no to a show with Kugyuu and Uchikoshi scripts. So yeah, guess I'm back in for a bit.

smt x fe looks like junk

ill play FE tho

Hope they're at least apart by a year. I already plan on sinking like 200+ hours into If. Would probably lose motivation no matter how catchy the songs are on SMTxFE.

Gonna pick the twintail

Maribelissa is cool but I like the way "onii sama" sounds to my ears. But I'm still undecided :/

If I dunno how to feel about the split version thing. Zelda and Pokemon are huge, they can do it. But Awakening just saved the franchise from death, I don't think it's a good time to pull something risky like this and split the development. If there was an $80 version of the game with both versions and the Expansion third path I would buy it because...I would buy it anyway.

SMT x FE I have no idea what to think of. We only saw 2 minutes and it's exploded into a giant argument although the brunt of a lot of it is "too anime" when FE has been generic anime in writing and style for a long ass time (shit man have you SEEN the box art for the old Fire Emblem games?) and most SMT games have younger protags anyway outside of Strange Journey and Nocturne but ANYHOO

I'm a big Fire Emblem fan so I will be buying both of course. Dunno which version of If but I feel like Nintendo should PROBABLY be telling the press some shit so it doesn't become a huge mess of confusion like Killer Instinct 2013 was

Hmm...were those old ass Fire Emblem OVA's ever translated?

There is gonna be a LE version of the game with all 3 storylines, though who knows what that will be priced. I think we'll learn more around E3, if not, probably in a fall Direct. 2016 is a long time away sadly.

But yeah. I really hope theres enough content to justify two games. They dont each have to be Awakening huge (that game was packed with TOO much content haha) but I would be really mad if they try to make it like Pokemon where the difference is insignificant. I mean I already think its bullshit they have 2 versions each release in the first place. Would hate it if FE becomes the next milk-your-fans-dry Nintendo franchise.

I've never played any of the SMT games, even Persona, so I really didnt know what to expect. Its definitely more poppy than I thought it would be but I like the aesthetic and I like the idea of an open world FE crossover RPG. I love the "too anime" FE arguments, like the old games weren't similar to the styles that were popular in their time.

Ninty finally has actually good character design again. Golden Sun was the last time they had good designers.
CBisqU4UAAE45LE.png

Haha. At first I thought this was that dude from Free!

Mothman91

Finished up GBF Try today and I enjoyed it as much as the first season. Although,
I was expecting Seiki to be related to Reiji somehow, or at least for Reiji to make an appearance. I also kept expecting to see a flash of Sei near the end for some reason.
Gundam Build Fighters may be my favorite gundam franchise...

Kind of disappointed they didn't show him. I wanted him to come and everyone be like "omg it's him!" like how they do it for meijin.

But yeah. I really hope theres enough content to justify two games. They dont each have to be Awakening huge (that game was packed with TOO much content haha) but I would be really mad if they try to make it like Pokemon where the difference is insignificant. I mean I already think its bullshit they have 2 versions each release in the first place. Would hate it if FE becomes the next milk-your-fans-dry Nintendo franchise.

I've never played any of the SMT games, even Persona, so I really didnt know what to expect. Its definitely more poppy than I thought it would be but I like the aesthetic and I like the idea of an open world FE crossover RPG. I love the "too anime" FE arguments, like the old games weren't similar to the styles that were popular in their time.

I see where you are coming from about the content and two games. I think that it's still stupid, but apparently the Nohr storyline will be more hardcore and the Hoshido easier. In that case, it's kind of cool and makes more sense. I will definitely buy the all 3 storylines LE though.

I don't think ANYONE expected SMT x FE (it's not even called that anymore) to look like this.
Hell most people didn't expect it to ever come out.

I still think it was my favourite game experience that year.

But then I also like Telltale games, and am loving Life is Strange.

I don't think Telltale's stuff is super great but it's far, far better then anything David Cage has ever done.

Oh did this get subbed?

Yes it was! :D

[Aria the Natural] - X~26 END

What I could say? It's more Aria, so relaxing. I feel like I'm wasting a relaxing anime when I don't need it. lol
But man, that episode 16, hit me like the Going Merry,
the spirit of the gondola wanting to go just a little longer with her
. ;___;
Then episode 18 and 19 come and make Aika best girl:
XuVl88O.jpg
5FVcjiV.jpg

Mimy92B.jpg
B0Yhcqk.jpg

Short hair+Casual clothes, Hnnnnnnnnngggggggg

Akari doesn't need an exorcist, because she has Cait Sith on her side...but just to be safe it would be better if she went to one.
Episode 22 doesn't exist. I refuse to accept DTLverse. ×____×
Akari, Dekkai Momiko! Aika, Gachapen! and Alice, Dekkai Kinshi! Perfect monikers, jokes aside I learned recently the lesson of this episode but it's always good to have a remimder.
So...Alicia wanted to roll snowballs when she was growing up?

Jex

Well there was already this scene in first opening:

Which is directly copied from SEEDs and Destinys openings

So I think Tusk was supposed to be Anges main romantic interest from the beginning to the end. Most of those other examples though. Damn.

Oh, Tusk is certainly in the first OP, but then again so is Embryo. If you compare the amount of screentime Tusk gets in the OP, and in most of the promotional images for the show, he's a much more minor figure than Sala.

Oh, Tusk is certainly in the first OP, but then again so is Embryo. If you compare the amount of screentime Tusk gets in the OP, and in most of the promotional images for the show, he's a much more minor figure than Sala.

Tusk was overtly romantically linked to Ange fairly early, 10 episodes before Sala was even introduced. If there was a change with this, it probably happened early on. I can't see how you could watch Tusk/Ange on the island not think they weren't being set-up as a couple. It wasn't exactly subtle. The OP showcasing female characters isn't particularly meaningful when the show itself is being really overt on Tusk's role.

Jex

Yeah, but it's still kind of a nonsequitur within the scenes themselves, unless the numbers on the stopwatch are supposed to indicate (as commonly speculated) something of importance within the scene or episode.

Like, what does the stopwatch really mean? What secrets of the universe are held within?

Oh, certainly the meaning remains obscure, it's just clearer where the concept of using a stop watch in that manner came from.

So it doesn't necessarily help with any explanations, unless of course, Miki is actually timing frames of animation.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, but it's still kind of a nonsequitur within the scenes themselves, unless the numbers on the stopwatch are supposed to indicate (as commonly speculated) something of importance within the scene or episode.

Like, what does the stopwatch really mean? What secrets of the universe are held within?
The numbers aren't what's important, but rather the idea that Miki tries to keep everything under control to the utmost precision.

More importantly, what do the numbers during the car scene in the Utena movie actually represent?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I think anime has actually become a buzzword and I have no idea how it happened
Anime is basically shorthand for anything that looks like a Japanese cartoon that people would feel embarrassed about being seen by others enjoying, be it for the titillation or the juvenile humour, which is hardly a problem exclusive to the medium.

Jex

Tusk was overtly romantically linked to Ange fairly early, 10 episodes before Sala was even introduced. If there was a change with this, it probably happened early on. I can't see how you could watch Tusk/Ange on the island not think they weren't being set-up as a couple. It wasn't exactly subtle. The OP showcasing female characters isn't particularly meaningful when the show itself is being really overt as Tusk's role.

I can kind of understand where you're coming from but,

- My argument is that, despite Tusks role in the final product he wasn't going to have that role in the original show, so him having a more meaningful role on the show later on is irrelevant. Especially as most of the stuff he does is when the show takes a hard turn to the right and becomes something else entirely.

- Tusk actually appears seven episodes after Sala, but I feel that's irrelevant for a number of reasons. Someone claimed (?) that Sala was supposed to appear earlier on in the series, which would make sense. But even if she was always going to turn up later I don't think that has any baring on plot relevance. Embryo doesn't turn up till later in the story, for example, but he's very important.

- Ange & Tusks encounter on the island is almost farcically bad, like a parody of "pilots get trapped together on an island" episodes. You can read that in a number of ways.

- Ange is 'set up' romantically with a number of possible characters, including Hilda. Pretty much all of them seem more useful and more equal to Ange than Tusk who does shockingly little until later in the series.

- If you want to argue that Sala's initial encounter with Ange and the fact that their relationship has stretched across thousands of years and multiple universes is more serious than fumbling around on an island then I don't really have anything else to offer.

fertygo

So does new season of Gintama replacing GBF TV Tokyo time slot? then if they planning 50+ for Gintama, we might not seeing new season of GBF for awhile(incoming snarky comment, here we go)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Well, in seriousness, I've always assumed that if the numbers have any meaning, it's completely inscrutable to the viewer and not important anyway.

What I really want to know is, why is Nanami a cow when everyone else is a car?
Because Nanami shouldn't be drowning kitties inside boxes. Animalistic karmic retribution!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Reg, have you been watching Yuri Kuma Arashi? Speaking of animal karma and Ikuni madness~

That reminds me that I, uh, need to catch up on YKA, now that it's over...
I did, I just didn't talk about it here because I'm a nincompoop.

tl;dr I liked Penguindrum more, but it was more solid and more consistent the whole way through. Really should have been two cours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom