• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Ep.1-2
Yeah, so confused, but that is typical I guess for these types of shows. Lots of boobie grabbing in this one so far, but we'll see if there is actually a character relationships developed through this whole thing.....

Oh man....

Where can you see those missing episodes? Are they on Netflix or Hulu? Ep 12 was a great episode, I mean, down to earth grounded, almost real life stuff and the presentation was really great through the whole episode. Out of everything I've seen in the past month, that was probably one of the most well produced episode.

Oh, gotcha, I was laughing when that was literally one of the first things I saw in EP1, but it was flashback stuff then... I'm glad, Senjou is the better girl. Too bad, some of the headlines in Google say all sorts of thisngs about their relationship later on without having to click a link.

The only legal way to watch those three episodes is to purchase the BD-Box. Since they were only streamed for a limited time in Japan, Aniplex of Japan won't allow the international companies to stream them due to being "OVAs." It's the same thing they did with OreImo's two seasons (S1 had 4 OVAs stream and S2 had 3) and with other ones like Kill la Kill's OVA. (I dunno how Crunchy got the two DRRR! OVAs though)

The only legal way to watch those three episodes is to purchase the BD-Box. Since they were only streamed for a limited time in Japan, Aniplex of Japan won't allow the international companies to stream them due to being "OVAs." It's the same thing they did with OreImo's two seasons (S1 had 4 OVAs stream and S2 had 3) and with other ones like Kill la Kill's OVA. (I dunno how Crunchy got the two DRRR! OVAs though)

Crunchyroll had the OreImo S2 OVAs for a limited time too.

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Ep.1-2
Yeah, so confused, but that is typical I guess for these types of shows. Lots of boobie grabbing in this one so far, but we'll see if there is actually a character relationships developed through this whole thing.....

Well, the convoluted setting never really gets elaborated on, but stuff will start making more sense in a few episodes.
Probably.

Cornbread78

Unfortunate for fans, but I guess I'm used to missing out on stuff not being localized as a jrpg fan.

Well, the convoluted setting never really gets elaborated on, but stuff will start making more sense in a few episodes.
Probably.

Par for the course I guess. I'll keep watching tomorrow and see how it goes. Is there a lot action/ romance in it, or more of the same from Ep 1-2?

Unfortunate for fans, but I guess I'm used to missing out on stuff not being localized as a jrpg fan.

Par for the course I guess. I'll keep watching tomorrow and see how it goes. Is there a lot action/ romance in it, or more of the same from Ep 1-2?

The first few episodes are mostly just setup, but there definitely will be some action soon. Romance is...well, the protagonist pretty much proclaimed his intentions to confess from the episode 1, so there will be that.

Cornbread78

The first few episodes are mostly just setup, but there definitely will be some action soon. Romance is...well, the protagonist pretty much proclaimed his intentions to confess from the episode 1, so there will be that.

Umm, well, isn't that person 10 years
dead? How does that work? Plus that boy/girl/??? Which is it?

lonely

That Nisekoi OVA might have been the lewdest thing I've watched since Nekomonogatari Shiro. Shaft really know how to make them naked in all the right places.

Quasar

It probably gets explained enough for a 20 minute show. For more detail there's the books.

That said it did take more than a few episodes to grok the whole thing. Which is almost never the case for me.

cajunator

Banned
Just to clarify and to provide information for anyone not familiar with the series, here's how the -monogatari series is structured:

First Season:
Bakemonogatari - 2 novels adapted into 12 episodes that aired in summer 2009 and 3 web-exclusive episodes that streamed at November 2009/February 2010/June 2010
Kizumonogatari - Novel prequel to Bake which was confirmed to be adapted into a movie in June 2010 and has yet to be released in anime form.
Nisemonogatari - 2 novels adapted into 11 episodes that aired in winter 2012.
Nekomonogatari Black - Novel prequel to Bake, but following Kizu. Adapted into a 4 episode mini-series that aired on December 31, 2012.

Second Season:
Nekomonogatari White - Sequel to Neko White and Bake. Adapted into a 5 episode mini-series that aired in July/August 2013.
Kabukimonogatari - Sequel to Bake/Kizu. Adapted into a 4 episode mini-series that aired in August/September 2013.
Hanamonogatari - Sequel to Bake. Adapted into a 5 episode mini-series that aired in August 2014.
Otorimonogatari - Sequel to Bake. Adapted into a 4 episode mini-series that aired in October 2013.
Onimonogatari - Sequel to Bake/Kabuki. Adapted into a 4 episode mini-series that aired in November 2013.
Koimonogatari - Sequel to Nise/Otori. Adapted into a 6 episode mini-series that aired in November/December 2013.
-These 6 stories were planned to be animated in a 2-cour "second season", but due to production issues, Hana was later scheduled to air in May 2014 before additional production issues delayed it to August 2014.

"Final Season":
Tsukimonogatari - Sequel to Nise/Oni. Adapted into a 4 episode mini-series that aired on December 31, 2014.
Koyomimonogatari - Short collection of tales spanning the year of the story. Not yet announced to air.
Owarimonogatari - Three novels not yet announced to air.
Zoku-Owarimonogatari - Novel not yet announced to air.

"Next Season":
Tsugimonogatari - No details given. Not yet announced to air.

Its even confusing when you know whats going on. Probably the most complex series ever made.

The linked intro to Bake is pretty much a trailer/ flashback of Kizumonogatari, the mentioned above prequel that has yet to be released in the cinemas. If you want to continue the story you need to go for Nisemonogatari which still has plenty of Senjougahara. But be aware that without the last 3 episodes of Bake you'll be missing on one pretty crucial plotpoint and in all likelihood pretty confused when a certain character makes an appearance. Be also warned that Nise goes into some hmmmm even more questionable territory with nudity and with Araragi's sisters.

questionable is an understatement lol. It has some moments...

Oh man....

Where can you see those missing episodes? Are they on Netflix or Hulu? Ep 12 was a great episode, I mean, down to earth grounded, almost real life stuff and the presentation was really great through the whole episode. Out of everything I've seen in the past month, that was probably one of the most well produced episode.

Oh, gotcha, I was laughing when that was literally one of the first things I saw in EP1, but it was flashback stuff then... I'm glad, Senjou is the better girl. Too bad, some of the headlines in Google say all sorts of things about their relationship later on without having to click a link.

come visit me we can watch the missing episode stuff!

Eureka Seven - 38

So I liked the concept of the planet being some sentient being and the hypothesis that a humanoid Coralian serves as a kind of blank sheet at first, that then stores more and more information about the human race by interacting with them and could relate that information back to the Scrub Coral.

Unfortunately they added a bunch of new ideas this episode that sound simply stupid. Like the "question limitation" where everything will collapse once too much intelligent life exists.

Oh well, let's see where it goes.

Cornbread78

Its even confusing when you know whats going on. Probably the most complex series ever made.

questionable is an understatement lol. It has some moments...

come visit me we can watch the missing episode stuff!

Now it hurts more missing those episodes, sounds like some good stuff. There has to be some way to view those episodes with subtitles, uuggh.

That Nisekoi OVA might have been the lewdest thing I've watched since Nekomonogatari Shiro. Shaft really know how to make them naked in all the right places.

How is this series anyway? The synopsis in Google makes it sound pretty interesting. I also see it is part or the Spring season on Crunchyroll, is that season#2 for the show?

cajunator

Banned
Now it hurts more missing those episodes, sounds like some good stuff. There has to be some way to view those episodes with subtitles, uuggh.

How is this series anyway? The synopsis in Google makes it sound pretty interesting. I also see it is part or the Spring season on Crunchyroll, is that season#2 for the show?

Its a waifu wars anime by Shaft. Onodera is the best.

cajunator

Banned
I was pretty on board with this list until I got to number 35. How dare they ban Blood-C.

Fake or not, I'm impressed with the appearance of Kaze to Ki no Uta here. There's somebody out there, who isn't me, watching an obscure-yet-historically-notable old boys love OVA. And not, you know, Loveless or something else that people have actually heard of.

Lol BloodC is one of the shows I could most understand them banning.

Jarmel

Banned
Eureka Seven - 38

So I liked the concept of the planet being some sentient being and the hypothesis that a humanoid Coralian serves as a kind of blank sheet at first, that then stores more and more information about the human race by interacting with them and could relate that information back to the Scrub Coral.

Unfortunately they added a bunch of new ideas this episode that sound simply stupid. Like the "question limitation" where everything will collapse once too much intelligent life exists.

Oh well, let's see where it goes.

As stupid as the whole thing sounds I remember someone saying that principles of it has a foundation in quantum mechanics although obviously not to the black hole extent.

Edit:http://www.preposterousuniverse.com...ion-of-quantum-mechanics-is-probably-correct/

Something about multiple observers contradicting each other. Similar to Noein I guess with the Schrodinger's Cat stuff.

Hellsing Ultimate - 07

oh wow I didn't expect them to show
Seras mother getting shot to death and then proceed to rape her corpse in front of her child
. They're really going all out with this.
Commander you will be missed ;_;7
. This dude felt like he came straight from Jormungand. I find it hilarious that they decided to include a neko character and name it Schrödinger.

ozcxep.gif

Eureka Seven - 38

Ah fuck me, another episode wasted, huh?

And indeed these two have a little outfall, separate, doubt themselves, get advice from the crew and get back together. For the 6th or 7th time or so.

I gotta be honest, I haven't been engrossed in this show for many episodes now. Episode 20 is probably still my highlight so far. The show is somewhat 'solid' in most aspects but simply doesn't excel in anything for me, which, coupled with the mostly slow pacing, means that I'm kinda trudging through episodes like this one. There isn't a single standout character and even Renton and Eureka have lost their appeal for me.

Or actually, the animation quality, especially in fighting sequences, is pretty great. Unfortunately that's rather secondary to compelling characters and plot.

I sincerely hope it picks up during the final stretch.

/XX/

By assuring to only host them for streaming in a comparatively low picture quality release, perhaps? After recently noticing the difference in quality between 'on-air' and 'OVA'-only episodes of So・Ra・No・Wo・To at Crunchyroll as well, and posteriorly LegatoB mentioning this was also the case for DRRR!!, one could reach the conclusion both parts decided on this solution to bring only "gimped" or 'standard definition' quality materials for streaming as a compromise that benefited them most equally.

But, can we go expecting a similar solution for future Aniplex Inc., productions present at Crunchyroll that feature OVAs too?

ibyea

Banned
As stupid as the whole thing sounds I remember someone saying that principles of it has a foundation in quantum mechanics although obviously not to the black hole extent.

Edit:http://www.preposterousuniverse.com...ion-of-quantum-mechanics-is-probably-correct/

Something about multiple observers contradicting each other. Similar to Noein I guess with the Schrodinger's Cat stuff.

I can't think of how out of QM comes out the limit of question. I personally don't mind it since it is fiction, but I doubt it has any basis in reality. I mean, in QM, "observers" don't mean sentient beings. It means anything capable of doing measurement. That can be the molecules in the air too. And whenever certain "paradoxes" are put out in physics, it is more of the perception of paradox. Like QM's Einstein, Podolski, Rosen paradox is not a paradox really if you accept that non locality is true.

Veitsev

Is the Nisekoi manga still going? Is there an inkling of who is going to win?

Yes its still going strong.

It is still unclear who the "girl" is but all signs point to Chitoge. She still has the most character development with Raku and what little plot there is focuses most on her. Like the author would need to switch gears for things to go another way IMO, Only girl that it could possibly be otherwise is Onadera but she seems like a red herring and every time she makes any "progress", Gorilla comes out of nowhere and jumps ahead,

Jarmel

Banned
I can't think of how out of QM comes out the limit of question. I personally don't mind it since it is fiction, but I doubt it has any basis in reality. I mean, in QM, "observers" don't mean sentient beings. It means anything capable of doing measurement. That can be the molecules in the air too. And whenever certain "paradoxes" are put out in physics, it is more of the perception of paradox. Like QM's Einstein, Podolski, Rosen paradox is not a paradox really if you accept that non locality is true.

That's not the only difference, stuff like there being a tangible result due to conflict of observers. I remember discussion being brought up that it was a writer's 'solution' to stuff relating to superimposed things. Kinda like Noein with Schrodinger.

Rainy

Banned
Yes its still going strong.

It is still unclear who the "girl" is but all signs point to Chitoge. She still has the most character development with Raku and what little plot there is focuses most on her. Like the author would need to switch gears for things to go another way IMO, Only girl that it could possibly be otherwise is Onadera but she seems like a red herring and every time she makes any "progress", Gorilla comes out of nowhere and jumps ahead,

Probably
Chitoge considering everything thats happened

It could continue for forever given how long it takes to get any actual development.

Thanks, I'll probably ending up watching S2 despite my initial reluctance to continue.

cajunator

Banned
Cross Ange 06

Momoka
showed up.
Like vivian, she is one of this show's few genuine people so I would greatly prefer that she lives. She deserves better than to be a maid for that bitch Ange.

ibyea

Banned
That's not the only difference, stuff like there being a tangible result due to conflict of observers. I remember discussion being brought up that it was a writer's 'solution' to stuff relating to superimposed things. Kinda like Noein with Schrodinger.

Looking around, it seems to have been based on a sci fi called Blood Music by Greg Bear, and it is more related to the strong anthropic principle.

Nobody has licensed announced Digimon Adventure Tri, Arslan, Shokugeki no Soma, and Rinne yet? What the heck is taking so long?

Also is Digimon Adventure Tri still happening?

ibyea

Banned
Looking around further, someone from here made this comment regarding Eureka 7's limit of question:

Actually it's like this -- basically ' The Limit of Questions ' was an homage to American science fiction writer Greg Bear which is referenced by the series character 'Dr. Greg "Bear" Egan' or simply 'Dr. Bear'. The anime character even sort of looks like Greg Bear hehe. Anyway the concept was inspired by Greg Bear's novel Blood Music where the protagonist Vergil Ulam injects himself with intelligent one celled creatures called noocytes (very much like the scub corals).

Soon enough these individually intelligent noocytes multiply inside and make Ulam 'better', also other people become infected and spreads through a considerable population. Eventually the number of these intelligent one celled lifeforms surpasses the human race trillions of times over. So the Earth becomes home to enormous amount of sentient beings. So what is the relation to 'the limit of questions?'

In the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, with the strong anthropic principle in mind (that of Barrow and Tipler), conscious observers can collapse a quantum wave function to a particular value of momentum or position. So the sci-fi premise in the novel is that with that humongous amount of conscious intelligent observers 'observing' (and 'questioning' so to speak) the environment and the earth around them, reality will have no room to 'breathe' because it will be pinned down to a particular value, that is, there will be an utter collapse of the quantum wave function everywhere. If reality becomes too 'frozen' or rigid because of too many observers, then reality will break down and the laws of physics will fail. The assumption in the sci-fi novel is that reality needs room to 'breathe' and move freely -- hence the quantum wave function of probability which is intrinsic in the fabric of reality. If the quantum wave function is collapsed on a massive scale because of too many observers then reality breaks down.

In Eureka 7, the 'Limit of Questions' precisely takes on this premise with the scubs in place of Bear's 'noocytes'. That is why the scubs should be in a state of sleep and dreaming to prevent the advent of full consciousness and observation which will trigger collapse. Of course Bear's premise is science fictional in nature, any possible relation to reality has not been proven in the laboratory yet hehe -- of course we don't want to speak hastily and discount anything outright

Which if it were taken seriously and not just as a premise to a science fiction thing, is absurd because in QM 'observer' doesn't mean conscious observer, it means a 'measuring thing' which can be interaction with any molecules or atoms. Same reason why Schrodinger's cat story doesn't hold in real life. There is wave function collapse all the time, or if you prefer many world instead of Coppenhagen, too many decoherence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom