• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, i've not watched or know anything about it really, but is assassination classroom like a school series where kids are learning how to be assassins, or what?

It isn't even remotely grounded and the kids are supposed to assassinate their weirdo alien teacher.

Jintor

So I'm guessing no "Fundamentals of Sniping", "Social Engineering 101", "Laundering your Awesome Suit" or "How to Poison one specific person in a Banquet serving 500" classes huh

Cornbread78

f9FNsZT.gif

Damn, what did I just do...

cajunator

Banned
Bebop is fucking good, but I've seen soo much awesome shit since I last watched Bebop which was over 5 years ago that I don't really care for it anymore. Even in the OST department, I'm just tired of Bebop. It's good, its fucking great, but so much other amazing shit is out there that its a disservice to them all to hold Bebop as the one and true savior of anime like a lot of people do.

I kind of agree with that. Cowboy Bebop is VERY easy to get into and I can see why casual fans hhld it up as some sort of mecca of animation, but really its pretty run of the mill as far as story or action goes. Its high quality and extremely popular, but that doesnt make it the best ever.

That's obviously fine, its a mighty good show to say the least, but it gets tiring when you hear people act as if anime doesn't matter outside of Bebop and Eva, and that comes from my stupid closed off ass, the guy who doesn't watch a load of shit for no reason whatsoever is saying this for pete's sake. I think it's good, but I don't have orgasms whenever I see it, and I get the impression a lot of people do, which is fine I guess :p

Absolutely right. Cowboy Bebop is a fine jumping off point, but I think a lot of people who got into anime through it really havent jumped off to find new things. they just want everything to be Cowboy Bebop forever. Its comfy and they really like it, so it must be the only good thing.

Feels like I'd get tied up and used as blood bag if I admit Age of Ultron was more entertaining to watch.

Nah because that movie was really fun to watch.

Thanks for answering my questions from before everyone. Hopefully I didn't cause a shitstorm :p

Also, there's a new "anime is doomed" thread in OT so ............ yeah..........

That thread is my new entertainment for the day.

So what's everyone's new hobby going to be when anime dies?

If it does decline, I have a ton of other hobbies including drawing, cars, origami, weather, music, collecting stuff, puzzle games, social media, hugging people, that sorta thing. I wont be bored!

*Search on Google and saw pics of screenshot*

Um...okay then. Why did I search this show.....

Hehee. Do it for Momoka and Vivian!

cm osi

tumblr_m9p255uTjs1qzk4cro7_250.gif

tumblr_m9p255uTjs1qzk4cro8_250.gif

Okay, does anyone have a gif of the finishing blow from this past weekends battle with the minotaur

f9FNsZT.gif

I just want to compare the two of them side by side. Both were awesome.

ehh, danmachi one is very well animated and feels like actual combat (it's not the finishing blow), Sao one feels like a fighting scene from dragonball/KLK where you repeat 4 frames all over, all that dressed in fancy effects.

Mandelbo

Oh man, I was going to put it all in spoilers, but screw it. You need to watch the next two episodes and it will all make sense. Oh man, that episode coming up, it's just, man... at least watch #9 & #10. All will be revealed and played out for this arc.

Oh, I did. I got to episode 18.
Mikoto's slow, degrading death, losing her motor abilities, as her intelligence returned to that of a fox
would have been really impactful and emotional had it not been for the fact that it was happening because
miracles don't last forever or some guff and she could no longer maintain her human form.
It just felt like such a betrayal that they were building up for something big in the episodes prior and the big payoff is that
she was a fox all along.

If there's anything that makes that whole arc better after episode 18 could you tell me it in spoilers? I have no desire to pick it up again but if my complaints are rectified later in the series then I'd quite like to know.

Cornbread78

Oh, I did. I got to episode 18.
Mikoto's slow, degrading death, losing her motor abilities, as her intelligence returned to that of a fox
would have been really impactful and emotional had it not been for the fact that it was happening because
miracles don't last forever or some guff and she could no longer maintain her human form.
It just felt like such a betrayal that they were building up for something big in the episodes prior and the big payoff is that
she was a fox all along.

If there's anything that makes that whole arc better after episode 18 could you tell me it in spoilers? I have no desire to pick it up again but if my complaints are rectified later in the series then I'd quite like to know.

Oh there is a big pay-off at the end, because, in actuality, that is not the main plot to the show, the ending is a surprise, Mikoto is only 1 piece to the puzzle:

Linkman, do not look at this, quote this or scroll on this block of below spoiler text:(or if you have never watched Kanon (2006)
It's hard to summerize, but the story really focuses around Ayu. This is her story and not Mikoto's or any of the other girls. Basicically, this will be a brief summary here, Ayu has been in a coma and in the hospital since the day before Yuuichi left as a child. He had forgotten all about it, it is Ayu's spirit you see all along, and towards the end he pieces everything together, remembers everything that had happened and she comes out of her coma and they reunite. Again, that is a really brief summary, but I'm horrible at recounting things in a play-by-play style, lol. There is a lot of drama getting to that point, as well as a meetign with the real Mikoto, lol

cajunator

Banned
Otaku were a mistake . They're nothing but trash.

Well bebop, in some parts didn't age perfectly ..and some anime did stuff better than beebop before and after it.. i won't argue that there is a potential debate here.
But no way you can convince me that beebop is bad. no way.
And that's the problem i have with DTL comment.
Beebop wouldn't be in my top 10 of best anime. It would be in my top 20 however . Despite it's age , it's a must-watch if you're watching anime IMO.

Now everything make sense.

Fully agree that its the perfect gateway anime but far from perfect. I would put it just outside top 10 possibly.

Oh I agree with the bolded. The issue is that the discourse of this subject in the OT won't reach above Animewasamistake.gif, "FUCK K'ON!", and "all anime is trash - trust me I'm an expert who hasn't watched a single anime in 15 years!". That's my source of irritation.

Those people just suck and they exist to decry every single fandom in some way. Gets tedious and tiring.

I'm not actually sure how K-ON became to be the poster boy for moeshit when Lucky Star and all those Key adaptations came before it

Hell even Azumanga Daioh was before those and people seem to love that

It was its overwhelming popularity at the likely expense of other shows casual anime watchers who dislike moe found more endearing. It was UNFAIR that this moeshit was more loved than their action show! As for Azumanga, well it came early enough that moe was still just a side idea and not really prevalent to the point of commonality. Moe still had some dignity by then. The show also didnt take creepiness too far and when it did, it was embodied by Mr Kimura who was purposefully pigeonholed as weird and a creeper.

Anime is like baseball and Nintendo. Always "doomed", but still trucking.

When the nuclear apocalypse hits, it will still be there. And probably the catalyst of it.

So very true. May they never die either!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I watched it centuries ago, and all I can say is that I dont get all the praise for this show.
Characters doesnt develope, there's no interesting plot. Is purely based on sex jokes. If you find those funny, I guess it's an OK show. Either it's a waste of time, IMHO.

But I guess the best you can do is check it out for yourself.
Seitokai Yakuindomo is the very definition of a sitcom. Don't expect much progression in the show - in fact, they troll people who expect progression in the series finale of the last season.

That said, if you don't like the jokes... well, all of it is based on the fact that it's amusing for girls to make sex jokes because in anime, women are not allowed to be sexual beings or express any form of active sexuality.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
quarterly? More like monthly, lol. It's my fault... I know; all my fault dammit.

This Firehawk post though:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=12172

LOL, the Hate is real!

haha firehawk12! Alright, I will play some shitty games with you next time you ask because of your SAO hate :p

Also Happy Birthday Cajunator!
I just remembered we talked about this. lol

At this point, I'm pretty sure Saekano reaches the "heights" of SAO in my mind.

Cornbread78

Brynhildr in the Darkness ep. 1-5:
This is a crazy dark show. I mean, talk about the ultimate death awaiting. Watching teanage girls getting killed because they are
Alien infused witches is pretty gross, I mean, really, really gross
Well the MC doesn't mind that much, at least he got a full frontal view of one of them, but damn, this is terrible. BNow I need to find out who recommended this one to me and why? Was this one supossed to be romantic or something?

I just remembered we talked about this. lol

At this point, I'm pretty sure Saekano reaches the "heights" of SAO in my mind.

Go figure, I realy enjoyed that one as well... I wonder when S2 will air?

ehh, danmachi one is very well animated and feels like actual combat (it's not the finishing blow), Sao one feels like a fighting scene from dragonball/KLK where you repeat 4 frames all over, all that dressed in fancy effects.

It was very well done, that's why I wanted to get a copy of a gif with his triple "FIREBOOLLTA!"

This is a crazy dark show. I mean, talk about the ultimate death awaiting. Watching teanage girls gettign killed because they are
Weel the MC doesn;t mind that much, at least he got a full frontal view of one of them, but damn, this is terrible. BNow I need to find out who recommended this one to me and why? Was this oen supossed to be romantic or something?

lol this show

Cornbread78

lol this show

They recommended you Brynhildr because you watch everything lol.

Besides, there are evil forces at work here.

I can only imagine. I'll have to use the search function to find the culprit...

This will probably turn out to be my comfy relaxing fantasy anime. The setting looks really nice, it has that ancient Aztec feel to it. Will definitely watch it.

God I hope the Studio doesn't screw this up. I mean the Director is the person who did Spice&Wolf and the Horizon writer. This series could turn out great.

OK, you have my attention here.. The trailer definately showed a fantasy setting and weapons, but that gun felt a little out of place...

Mandelbo

That's fair enough, then.
At least they don't just drop Mikoto after her arc.
However, I still don't feel that this justifies how Yuiichi seemingly blindly accepts all the weirdness that's happening around him without batting an eyelid - to me, that basically destroyed any believability his character had, as well as the whole helping people 'cause he's the protagonist side of things.

This will probably turn out to be my comfy relaxing fantasy anime. The setting looks really nice, it has that ancient Aztec feel to it. Will definitely watch it.

God I hope the Studio doesn't screw this up. I mean the Director is the person who did Spice&Wolf and the Horizon writer. This series could turn out great.
This looks nice, I have on my list for the summer. Who knows it might surprise us like DanMachi did

Mandelbo

Ojamajo Doremi # 17

Seriously cut it out with the lullaby

By this point it's literally just filling time before the episode can continue - it has long since stopped being evokative or meaningful because it's played so frequently.

Cornbread78

I feel bad Kazumi s trying to get a piece so bad it hurts... I really feel bad for her, she is a cutie...

Edit: Oh my, she's trying REALLY HARD now, poor thing..

Btw, show isn't terribly at all..

This is a crazy dark show. I mean, talk about the ultimate death awaiting. Watching teanage girls getting killed because they are
Well the MC doesn't mind that much, at least he got a full frontal view of one of them, but damn, this is terrible. Now I need to find out who recommended this one to me and why? Was this one supossed to be romantic or something?

You should watch Elfen Lied after you finish Brynhildr.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DanMachi's minotaur fight does a much better job of conveying heft and weight.

Though one could argue it's due to the limitations of the SAO engine that Kirito is just flailing around while the Minotaur takes "damage" and plays a canned recoil animation.

You should join us in the FSN thread, that's where the love is. I really enjoyed it.

i enjoyed it too .. I say it before in this thread. This episode was really well done IMO. For something that is the core of this arc , they really did a good job showing and explaining the 2 characters motivations and why they can't accept each other.

Midonin

Sound! Euphonium 08

I wasn't all that interested in the romance subplot, and I'm not fond of getting too technical with the band stuff. So what am I watching this show for? To see how music affects people. The deep, gooey emotional stuff. Which means that scene with Reina and Kumiko going up the mountain for a duet and talking about their varying philosophies, that's what had me hooked this episode. Liked the atmosphere.

Nanoha Vivid 08

Out of all the girls I swear it feels like Einhart is getting the most quality training session. I know they've tried to make Vivio her rival but damn does it still feel like Einhart is still significantly better than Vivio.
Then the show works as intended.
Einhart has a WIDE gap in term of fighting experience, skills , and belkian memories over vivio. That gap will get tinnier as the serie will go on however.
Also don't worry about rivals , the show got something for you in that aspect.
Danmachi dakimakuras http://someimage.com/2fvZ (NSFW)
At least they tried something different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom