• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Symphogear G's one hell of a ride. I can't say that the show is truly top notch, but there's something which I can't really describe which endears me to the series...sort of like waiting to see what kind of plot twists this trainwreck of a show is going to throw at me? To be honest, it sorts of reminds me of Samurai Flamenco a bit...

Anyway GAF...I'm gonna have my off day tomorrow, and I'm looking for a good (and hopefully completed series) to marathon through. Here are some of the shows which I really enjoyed: (Shirobako, Girls Und Panzer, Full Metal Alchemist, Shokugeki No Soma, Ore Monogatari, Hibike Euphonium, Ouran High School Host Club), just to name a few. Any suggestions?
Go watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and the Skullman.

MSMrRound

Already on board for things to go a-WRRRRRRYYYYY for old man Joseph and gang for the next couple of weeks. Also still hoping for a Prinz Eugen drop for the next KanColle event so that I can have my Sakura Chiyo ship. Thanks for the suggestions so far though!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Triage X Episode 8:

Not even sure why I have watched up to this point, this series no longer makes me laugh, it just bores me with its wannabe edgelord bullshit, nurtured action and terrible ideas of the female form factor should look like. I think I am going to drop this and see if Sound Euphonium will make me less bored this time around or something.

Jex

So AnimeGAF I was looking for some college setting shows and stumbled upon Honey and Clover, which I never watched. What are your opinions on it? There seem to be a ton of episodes, 2 seasons so it will have to be a pretty big commitment lol.

It's very good. Do it.

MSMrRound

Mizushima being director is possibly the best news I could have heard about Prison School. I already follow the manga up to the latest chapter, but after the magnificent Shirobako, which was probably my AOTY for last year, he definitely earned my trust. Now just waiting for Warner to give the greenlight to a Shirobako season 2 with Mizushima and gang.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sound! Euphonium - 04

Previous impressions/observations:
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3

capturexys8b.png

Another awesome episode!

I love your impressions for this show so much, keep it up!

At the music school I attended, solfege was mandatory for everyone regardless of the instrument they used, so it was fun for me to see that pop up again.

Cornbread78

Yes. Each line of mages has their own magic and it is quite closely guarded secret for them. As sick as the process is, it is serving a purpose in molding her to be more compatible with the magecraft practices by the Matou family. That and service the absolutely sick tastes of the old fucker, Matou Zouken.

But really, Sakura is just a side note for the series as a whole. It just lays the groundwork (or seeing as Zero came later, acts as a kind of a prologue) for her role as the main girl of the third route of the Fate/Stay Night visual novel, Heaven's Feel. Her plight is shown because it acts as a catalyst for the previously disinterested Matou Kariya to agree to take part in the coming events

Funny. I never considered any of these points before, but just thinking about it, this does ring quite true. But I don't think it would ever stop me from saying it is a good show, since I enjoyed my time with it.

I'll have to continue this one at some point just to dig further.

What's so special about Prison School? I know almost nothing about the manga but there seems to be some real hype in here. Is there some kind of twist that I'm missing?
The only thing that I know about it is that it involves boys going to an all-girls school and lewd things.

Defuser

My gawd i hope Ass man is voiced by Norio Wakamoto the it would be the best AoTY.
What's so special about Prison School. I know almost nothing about the manga but there seems to be some real hype in here. Is there some kind of twist that I'm missing?
The only thing that I know about it is that it involves boys going to an all-girls school and lewd things.
The art drawing and shading on the characters is amazingly detailed. And the hijinks and analogies is borderline insane,lewd but genius at the same time.

I can't wait for andrenomics or ass vs boobs theory if its going to be long.

cajunator

Banned
(Zero no Tsukaima)The Familiar of Zero ep. 1-8:
OK, so this was my random choice from my list in MAL today, and I thougth it was only 1 season, but I was wrong. I love the fantasy setting, the animation isn't too bad and it pretty. Having "Taiga" do the VA for the main heroine Louise is perfect for the role and they are definately cast in the same role here. However, Taiga was actually nicer than Louise is. She's a complete Tsundere noble biotch in this one...
Of course the protag Saito already has a harem of ladies that he picks up whereever he goes, which is hilarious to watch Louise get all ticked off that he's off flirting with another lady... Poor thing, maybe she needs to learn how to treat a man and not kick him in the balls. (happened twice already the poor guy)
Zero.no.Tsukaima.600.732273.jpg

I donlt think I've gotten to this part in the story yet, but here are our main duo:

293.jpg

So far this is a lot of fun to watch, not too heavy on any single element, just solid all the way around. Hey, what's not to like, it's got swords, magic princesses and familiars, lol.

Shana is really Kugumiya's only role that I cannot stand. SIngelhandedly ruined my liking of rie for a good while before I just got over it and accepted the cute. Except never Shana because fuck Shana and her "urusai"

Shana is really Kugumiya's only role that I cannot stand. SIngelhandedly ruined my liking of rie for a good while before I just got over it and accepted the cute. Except never Shana because fuck Shana and her "urusai"

That last season of Shana made me fucking rage. And rage HARD.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku - 08

Had a few funny segments and was a decent episode overall. I like that the first bird is getting more interested in Eruna, especially now when she has a competitor.
Catmechzilla was pretty random. That RPG search tho. I'd buy that game.

2SaI2Zh.gif

lonely

Is it great? I should buy it.
I have all the time in the world until Tuesday.

The core gameplay is more than good enough to make up for the lack of content. It is really great and I spent the entire afternoon being skeptical of all the 8s and 9s in the review thread. Also schoolgirl inkling is the best.

You're a squid now. *snickers*
See that's what I thought but all of a sudden I'm a kid!
Really glad I picked this up in the end and got all 3 Amiibos for it.

cajunator

Banned
Gaahh, I see and with this many episodes I definitely don't want that /: they really need to start making more college setting stuff.

College is pretty boring though, thats why anime doesnt bother with it. High School life has way more activity going on.
You should watch Genshiken and Welcome to the NHK if you havent.

I think Louise actually predates Taiga, no? (and the Rie Kugimiya tsundere thing came from Shana before THAT, right?)

She does yes, by a year. However by the time I watched both shows, I saw Shana first and well, that didnt go well. One of the few things I regret buying. I think rie just went overboard in her role there and I was not a fan of that level of obnoxiousness. It wasnt cute I wanted to kill Shana.

Yeah, it's still in my Crunchy queue, that was just messed up
"she's already been violated all over her body
in such a perverse way too. What a bastard.. Especially when he just stole
a random little girl from the town

Yeah he is a total bastard and you are supposed to hate him for things like that. Poor Sakura :( If you notice, the magic corruption actually turned her eyes and hair purple.
I actually watched the first episode with my mom and she asked about the worms lol.

cajunator

Banned
I seem to recall the main character likes it when Louise yells at him though.

I never finished Zero and I dropped Shakugan no Shana for being kind of boring.

I honestly wouldnt mind being yelled at by Louise. At least she is a cutie.

Symphogear G's one hell of a ride. I can't say that the show is truly top notch, but there's something which I can't really describe which endears me to the series...sort of like waiting to see what kind of plot twists this trainwreck of a show is going to throw at me? To be honest, it sorts of reminds me of Samurai Flamenco a bit...

Anyway GAF...I'm gonna have my off day tomorrow, and I'm looking for a good (and hopefully completed series) to marathon through. Here are some of the shows which I really enjoyed: (Shirobako, Girls Und Panzer, Full Metal Alchemist, Shokugeki No Soma, Ore Monogatari, Hibike Euphonium, Ouran High School Host Club), just to name a few. Any suggestions?

Show By Rock is really fun actually. Should give that a shot. Its way more hot blooded and actiony than you would expect.

Cornbread78

(Zero no Tsukaima)The Familiar of Zero ep. 9-S1 END:
Some crazy stuff went on in these episodes, but the show remains interesting. Damn, now she’s gone and done it, she unlocked
the Void magic and blow the war ship outta the sky
She also decided to show her feelings a little bit for her familiar, and a little added romance never hurt. However, they are not “officially” together, so I’m sure they have to keep this psuedo harem thing going where the maid is still on his mind, etc. I’ll keep season 2 aside for now, but not bad for a first season.

It's good to see less of going forward though...
tumblr_nbhv9m48WA1qckkfko1_500.gif

More of this would be appreciated.
tumblr_mwogocJKkM1rmb3bno1_500.jpg

I'm also totally pissed I went looking for a gif from Season 1, because even though you hit season 1 it gives you gifs from all 4 and it spoiled soooo much crap....

cajunator

Banned
And was a huge helping hand in cementing the literally the worst kind of tsundere out there.

I have to agree there. But Louise wasnt too bad. Louise and Taiga turned into sweethearts and I was cool with that. shana can go eat shit.

Who's this Mizushima guy...*Googles*...huh. You do you I guess.

Man he has directed so much awesome stuff!

What's so special about Prison School? I know almost nothing about the manga but there seems to be some real hype in here. Is there some kind of twist that I'm missing?

I dunno either but hell I enjoyed Cromartie high SChool and School Rumble so I can deal with crazy school comedies.

Some crazy stuff went on in these episodes, but the show remains interesting. Damn, now she’s gone and done it, she unlocked
She also decided to show her feelings a little bit for her familiar, and a little added romance never hurt. However, they are not “officially” together, so I’m sure they have to keep this psuedo harem thing going where the maid is still on his mind, etc. I’ll keep season 2 aside for now, but not bad for a first season.

It's good to see less of:
going forward though... More of this would be appreciated.

I'm also totally pissed I went looking for a gif from Season 1, because even though you hit season 1 it gives you gifs from all 4 and it spoiled soooo much crap....

Ohhh my god I hope you are ready for more of the second, because when Louise is like that she is the cutest thing in the universe. I dont say that lightly.

javac

See that's what I thought but all of a sudden I'm a kid!
Really glad I picked this up in the end and got all 3 Amiibos for it.

Glad that you're enjoying it, I'm really looking forward to getting my copy, hopefully tomorrow! It'll be a while before I get my Amiibo however as I imported them from Japan, since the squid was only available in the Limited Edition in Europe. Going to have to make due without the school girl Samurai outfit for a while lol. No issues with the amount of content, but I'll have to actually get my hands on it first! Heard that the story mode is actually really cool, which was my main area of concern as the online multilayer is fantastic.

javac

Man he has directed so much awesome stuff!
I'll be honest, I haven't heard of him until now *hands in Anime card*

Looking at his portfolio, I've seen zero things that he's worked on, although as a kid I did like Crayon Shin-chan which he did a few (?) episodes for and some (?) of the movies. Shin-chan was funny as a kid, always wondered if it was actually for kids haha. I mean... I guess I like the character designs/artwork for xxxHOLiC, but other than that nothing he's done rings a bell at all. I mean I've heard of Genshiken, Blood-C and Another, but they don't seem to be my cup of tea. Out of all of them, Genshiken is probably the one I'd be most likely to watch, if ever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hibike! Euphonium Episode 1:

Still as boring as I remembered it being but there are more episodes to give it the chance.

Midonin

Wish Upon the Pleiades 08

We don't really know that much about Nanako herself. She's been the mouthpiece for the Pleiadean for so long that her true self has never really shown. And her true self is... melancholy. Withdrawn. Untrusting. I don't think Planet Apate really exists, but then again, Melancholia didn't either. Authors can do things like invent a planet out of thin air if it fits the theme the story is going for. The science with light speed travel and time dilation was also pretty spot-on, even if there was magic involved. I've mentioned it before, but I simply love the visuals of flying through space on this show. It has a beautiful serenity to it on a grander scale than any other show this season. Wish more people were checking it out.

cajunator

Banned
I'll be honest, I haven't heard of him until now *hands in Anime card*

Looking at his portfolio, I've seen zero things that he's worked on, although as a kid I did like Crayon Shin-chan which he did a few (?) episodes for and some (?) of the movies. Shin-chan was funny as a kid, always wondered if it was actually for kids haha. I mean... I guess I like the character designs/artwork for xxxHOLiC, but other than that nothing he's done rings a bell at all. I mean I've heard of Genshiken, Blood-C and Another, but they don't seem to be my cup of tea. Out of all of them, Genshiken is probably the one I'd be most likely to watch, if ever.

Genshiken is his most "safe" one of his works I guess you could say. He has a very eclectic and interesting resume behind him. SOme very entertainnig htings like Punie chan and Azazel that occasionally disturb but also make you laugh your ass off. Plus he did Shirobako so you can be immediately familiar with his work.

It's good to see less of going forward though...
tumblr_nbhv9m48WA1qckkfko1_500.gif

More of this would be appreciated.

Holy crap you saw all of it already? Dang you burned right through it but you still have lots to watch

javac

Genshiken is his most "safe" one of his works I guess you could say. He has a very eclectic and interesting resume behind him. SOme very entertainnig htings like Punie chan and Azazel that occasionally disturb but also make you laugh your ass off.
Safe huh? I guess I'm a safe kind of person lol. I liked NHK and such and it seems to be grouped in a similar category, but I could be way off the mark. I don't doubt that he's an accomplished man, and I'm sure for the people who care about Prison School that he'll do a good job, I mean...I guess :p

Plus he did Shirobako so you can be immediately familiar with his work.
I didn't understand this part however, I don't know jack diddly squat about that show. Even going onto Google images doesn't ring a bell :$ Am I...supposed to know what Shirobako is?

Funnily enough, doing all of this Googling on the guy, I've found another show to watch, Otogizoushi. I guess all of this wasn't in vain :p

Cornbread78

Man fuck Tsunderes. So annoying.

I used to think the same way (still not my favs), then she appeared

RJuRnyv.gif
jjHlc4D.gif

and the moment it all changed for gppd and I realized they do have thoughts, emotions and hearts....
It opened my eyes to how beautiful they can be:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/bakemono...3?utm_source=android&utm_campaign=socialshare

Watch from about 14:00 to the end listen closely and with headphones.(you can skip right to the 17 min mark also and skip the conversation) It will teach you a thing about tsundere chicks and how absolutely awesome they can be...

cajunator

Banned
I didn't always hate tsunderes, but when I randomly watched Nisekoi last year and started reading the manga all tsunderes became retroactively worse because of Shitoge's bullshit. Now I can't stand them in anything

I just dont like when the tsun is forced down your throat, which is why I initially had problems with Louise, but she is so damned cute I overlooked that. Same with Taiga. Shana was just such a canned tsundere type thaT I instantly couldnt stand her. But then you have subtle tsundere like Makise Kurisu and its so hhhhhnnnnnnngggghhh.
Some like the heavy tsun though so when the dere comes I guess its more powerful but thats not my cup of tea.

Puruzi

Banned
Safe huh? I guess I'm a safe kind of person lol. I liked NHK and such and it seems to be grouped in a similar category, but I could be way off the mark. I don't doubt that he's an accomplished man, and I'm sure for the people who care about Prison School that he'll do a good job, I mean...I guess :p

I didn't understand this part however, I don't know jack diddly squat about that show. Even going onto Google images doesn't ring a bell :$ Am I...supposed to know what Shirobako is?

Funnily enough, doing all of this Googling on the guy, I've found another show to watch, Otogizoushi. I guess all of this wasn't in vain :p
It's really boring, I recommend not watching it.

Puruzi

Banned

RJuRnyv.gif
jjHlc4D.gif

and the moment it all changed for gppd and I realized they do have thoughts, emotions and hearts....

http://www.crunchyroll.com/bakemono...3?utm_source=android&utm_campaign=socialshare

Watch from about 14:00 to the end listen closely and with headphones. It will teach you a thing about tsundere chicks and how absolutely awesome they can be...
I've watched the monogatari series. I don't really care about Senjougahara in a bad or good way. I also don't think that she's really a tsun either.

cajunator

Banned
Holy crap you saw all of it already? Dang you burned right through it but you still have lots to watch

He is definitely in that anime honeymoon period where everything is a wide open wonder and he will eagerly devour massive amounts of it for about a year.

RJuRnyv.gif
jjHlc4D.gif

Watch from about 14:00 to the end listen closely and with headphones. It will teach you a thing about tsundere chicks and how absolutely awesome they can be...

Yes, Senjougahara is a VERY good example of the type of tsundere that I like.
bestmonogatari.

Kansoku

I didn't always hate tsunderes, but when I randomly watched Nisekoi last year and started reading the manga all tsunderes became retroactively worse because of Shitoge's bullshit. Now I can't stand them in anything

You just need more Biribiri in your life.
tumblr_my4lq0wblQ1rojt54o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom