• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
I mean, I wasn't going to, don't worry about that :p I was just wondering if it was supposed to be something I should be acquainted with, with the phrasing. I probably just misunderstood.
Everyone in animegaf fellates it, so Cajun probably thought that you knew about it/watched it.
He is definitely in that anime honeymoon period where everything is a wide open wonder and he will eagerly devour massive amounts of it for about a year.

Yes, Senjougahara is a VERY good example of the type of tsundere that I like.
bestmonogatari.
Hachikuji and Kanbaru are the best gataris

He is definitely in that anime honeymoon period where everything is a wide open wonder and he will eagerly devour massive amounts of it for about a year.
Heh, true I remember going through one of those too. It's so hard for me to watch stuff other than what's on during the season, back then I liked to explore and watch as much as I could to "educate" myself so to speak. True shame I wasn't on GAF back then to join the discussions here.

I didn't understand this part however, I don't know jack diddly squat about that show. Even going onto Google images doesn't ring a bell :$ Am I...supposed to know what Shirobako is?

Funnily enough, doing all of this Googling on the guy, I've found another show to watch, Otogizoushi. I guess all of this wasn't in vain :p

Shirobako was only the best anime of the past year plus.

phaze

Hibike! Euphonium Episode 1:

Still as boring as I remembered it being but there are more episodes to give it the chance.

Ohh I'm curious whether you'll change your opinion on the show. Dropped it after the first episode too and was considering giving it another chance after all the praise it gets here.

Isn't Senjougahara a kudere?

(can't believe I'd every type s.th. akin to this)

lol I know that feel.

Reknoc

I didn't understand this part however, I don't know jack diddly squat about that show. Even going onto Google images doesn't ring a bell :$ Am I...supposed to know what Shirobako is?

How can you not. I have more or less watched the entire thing entirely through screenshots posted by animegaf members on twitter, I image the thread was the same.

LOL, wtf is that?

the worst 'dere

Triage X - 08

How do you miss your bullets from that range?? I can stand that the show has unbelievable huge gazongas, glorious nippon steel cutting through everything and just general absurdness.
But the one thing that gets me fucking infuriated is gun fire from arms distance missing! I'm looking at you too Tokyo Ghoul!

HE STOOD AT THE PILLAR AND SHE FIRED BILLIONS OF ROUNDS
FopgnY6.gif
yAROYDd.jpg
ARRRRGGGHHHHH STOP IT

javac

Everyone in animegaf fellates it, so Cajun probably thought that you knew about it/watched it.
Fucking harsh lmao. Yeah I have no idea about this show!

Yes. Go watch it.
You know whats not how I work :|

Shirobako was only the best anime of the past year plus.
I haven't seen any show released in the past year so that explains that :p

How can you not. I have more or less watched the entire thing entirely through screenshots posted by animegaf members on twitter, I image the thread was the same.
All of these shows look the fucking same man, I can't tell the difference from girl number 1 and girl number 22. It's a blur. I don't follow twitter, thankfully!

Reknoc

Triage X - 08

How do you miss your bullets from that range?? I can stand that the show has unbelievable huge gazongas, glorious nippon steel cutting through everything and just general absurdness.
But the one thing that gets me fucking infuriated is gun fire from arms distance missing! I'm looking at you too Tokyo Ghoul!

HE STOOD AT THE PILLAR AND SHE FIRED BILLIONS OF ROUNDS

ARRRRGGGHHHHH STOP IT

That's basically me when playing RE5

:(

cajunator

Banned

KILL IT WITH FIRE.
Oh wait. shit.
DOUSE IT WITH WATER

Fucking harsh lmao. Yeah I have no idea about this show!

You know whats not how I work :|

I haven't seen any show released in the past year so that explains that :p

All of these shows look the fucking same man, I can't tell the difference from girl number 1 and girl number 22. It's a blur. I don't follow twitter, thankfully!

Honestly Im surprised because of how much its talked about it here. I didnt expect you to have seen it but certainly to know of it if you read this thread at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I wasn't going to, don't worry about that :p I was just wondering if it was supposed to be something I should be acquainted with, with the phrasing. I probably just misunderstood.

AnimeGAF fucking loves Shirobako, but I found it exceptionally boring. Then again, I don't care at all about the inner-workings of the anime industry.

prison school unhype and shirobako hate...

( ´_ゝ`)

I mean the PV's animation didn't look good, the characters look like plastic dolls. I mean considering it took them this long to show anything you'd think they would of put out something of great quality. Instead it looks like cheap animation from looking at the PV.

javac

Honestly Im surprised because of how much its talked about it here. I didnt expect you to have seen it but certainly to know of it if you read this thread at all.

I have no doubt that I've seen posts with pictures of it posted here over the last few months or whenever it came out, just nothing that really sticks out and yells "THAT SHOW! Oh I know that one!" haha. I couldn't really discern one from the other, sorry :(
Not enough yandere animes unfortunately :(
You seems like the type of person that likes to live to the edge :p Let me tell you, it didn't end well for the pigeon. RIP in feathers.

cajunator

Banned
stupid Gaf crashed on me in the middle of a reply.

AnimeGAF fucking loves Shirobako, but I found it exceptionally boring. Then again, I don't care at all about the inner-workings of the anime industry.

Personally Im fascinated by the process and how utterly out of control it all seems and how they can deliver something at all.

I have no doubt that I've seen posts with pictures of it posted here over the last few months or whenever it came out, just nothing that really sticks out and yells "THAT SHOW! Oh I know that one!" haha. I couldn't really discern one from the other, sorry :(

You seems like the type of person that likes to live to the edge :p Let me tell you, it didn't end well for the pigeon. RIP in feathers.

I can understand that but yeah its his most talked about work lately and his other stuff is pretty infamous, and not just on Gaf.

I mean the PV's animation didn't look good, the characters look like plastic dolls. I mean considering it took them this long to show anything you'd think they would of put out something of great quality. Instead it looks like cheap animation from looking at the PV.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, what will probably get me to stop watching this is how those who read the manga like myself are so far ahead in the story, and although the beginning of it is great, the last bunch of chapters in my opinion top it off and are even crazier and more interesting and funny. There's simply no way they will get even near where we are now in the anime, and with other stuff to watch this coming season and a limited amount of time to watch it all some shows will have to be cut from my list.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what will probably get me to stop watching this is how those who read the manga like myself are so far ahead in the story, and although the beginning of it is great, the last bunch of chapters in my opinion top it off and are even crazier and more interesting and funny. There's simply no way they will get even near where we are now in the anime, and with other stuff to watch this coming season and a limited amount of time to watch it all some shows will have to be cut from my list.

See I'm a bit iffy on the animation considering that JC staff are adapting a lot of shows in the Summer, which makes me think that the quality of Prison School will get affected. The shading looks a bit mediocre with the lighting as well and it looks like some cheap comic book style animation. At this point I feel like they just announced a great cast in order to hide the obvious iffy animation. I mean it would make sense considering it took them this long to announce anything. Oh good lord if the censors are not handled well it will turn into a mess.

Now I'm not saying it will turn out shit because it can turn out to be great or decent. It's just that after looking at the PV and everything else that took them this long to announce it doesn't make my expectations any high. Oh well I hope it turns out well, but yeah if you've already read the manga I doubt the anime will be better.

See I'm a bit iffy on the animation considering that JC staff are adapting a lot of shows in the Summer, which makes me think that the quality of Prison School will get affected. The shading looks a bit mediocre with the lighting as well and it looks like some cheap comic book style animation. At this point I feel like they just announced a great cast in order to hide the obvious iffy animation. I mean it would make sense considering it took them this long to announce anything. Oh good lord if the censors are not handled well it will turn into a mess.

Now I'm not saying it will turn out shit because it can turn out to be great or decent. It's just that after looking at the PV and everything else that took them this long to announce it doesn't make my expectations any high. Oh well I hope it turns out well, but yeah if you've already read the manga I doubt the anime will be better.
No you are right too. I'm hoping that for everyone's sake around here that it somewhat lives up to what the manga has achieved so far, and trust me that won't be a small feat.

How quickly they forget:

giphy.gif
Good lord, I remember when she first pulled that out. Horrifying.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Being violent doesn't make a character a tsundere; think about the scene in its actual context and you'll see that Hitagi is hostile toward Koyomi because he knows about her curse.

cajunator

Banned
Being violent doesn't make a character a tsundere; think about the scene in its actual context and you'll see that Senjougahara is hostile toward Koyomi because he knows about her curse.

she has subtle tsundere characteristics. thats my point. Its not blatantly in your face tsundere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Senjougahara is the least tsundere person to ever self-identify as tsundere.

All this tsundere talk led me to stumble upon Certain Scientific Railgun gifs galore on Google. How is this show anyway? Seemed silly at the time that it aired and I didn't check it out but a lot of people seem to love it lol

Phatmac

Finally we got a great episode from this season! I always love Toshi/Gin episode as they both have a love able relationship since their so similar to each other. The lottery ticket escapade and the Fist of the North Star references were great alongside Gin trying to rightfully get the money back. Love it.

Sterok

Pleiades 8

Nanako has simultaneously been the loudest and quietest person in the cast. Her reserved nature and relationship with the President makes her the most mysterious member of the main cast. Turns out she's bitter over her parents' divorce and doesn't really trust anyone to stand by her. Or she didn't at least. A certain alien whose shape she molded changed that, and the friends she made solidified her new feelings. Manages to be even more melancholic than the others. Also, 3 months? I can see the President stand in for her for a week maybe, but 3 months? Must be hard on the others. Thankfully the way space works Nanako only had to spend half a day alone, but still. Nice new planet/star they found. Nanako should try getting dibs on naming it. She really is close to the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom