• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I checked out all of the previous recommendations for college stuff and for some reason or another I just couldn't get into any of them /: I could give this a shot even though it isn't even what I was looking for earlier lol.

Japanese college life is apparently really dull. all the action happens in high school and thats why anime is so often set there.
(a lot of gaffers dont realize this and how bored they would be watching japanese college stories. Its nothing like in american college)

cajunator

Banned
Boiling a character down to a one word personality trait is usually indicative of a poorly written character.

true, but then again Japan has so damned many terms to describe everything.
They have a term to describe the freaking skin showing between thighhighs and skirt. I mean seriously...

Ore Monogatari 08

CGCrzAoUEAE21nY.png:large

someone update the anime shirt wiki

Bromance levels are off the goddamn chart

Theres not a whole lot to say about this show. It's sweet. Takeo is great. His outfit is great in the restaurant.

javac

Not sure how many people here buy anime physically or just stream everything, but whenever you do buy physical Blu-rays/DVD's, do you find yourself ripping them to your PC/Laptop and watching them on there or am I just weird? I feel more comfy and cosy just watching them on my laptop in bed unless its a Ghibli film or a tentpole film that I just have to watch on the big TV. I feel weird just buying BD's only to just watch them on my laptop, but I enjoy them a hell of a lot more. #Firstworldanimeproblems

cajunator

Banned
Not sure how many people here buy anime physically or just stream everything, but whenever you do buy physical Blu-rays/DVD's, do you find yourself ripping them to your PC/Laptop and watching them on there or am I just weird? I feel more comfy and cosy just watching them on my laptop in bed unless its a Ghibli film or a tentpole film that I just have to watch on the big TV. I feel weird just buying BD's only to just watch them on my laptop, but I enjoy them a hell of a lot more. #Firstworldanimeproblems

I buy way too much anime but I have never taken the time to rip any of it. honestly I dont know how to do that or if I even have the proper means to do it.

Cornbread78

Never saw her appeal after than, which is funny since it happens in the first 3 minutes. Stapling the mouth of someone who saved you is pretty fucked up.

Then again, I've only seen the first season.

Oh man, you are missing something special here with this series. ..

javac

I buy way too much anime but I have never taken the time to rip any of it. honestly I dont know how to do that or if I even have the proper means to do it.

It just feels so much better watching things with headphones, but the concept of headphones with TV just doesn't register with me lol. You can tell that I don't play online oriented games :p Ripping and backing up stuff isn't too hard, I've even ripped things and spliced subtitles onto them if they never had them originally.

Nah, not really. I use my blu ray collection as a dust gatherer, it's quite effective. I rarely re-watch shows unless it's been a long time, but I like to physically own the ones I've enjoyed.

cajunator

Banned
It just feels so much better watching things with headphones, but the concept of headphones with TV just doesn't register with me lol. You can tell that I don't play online oriented games :p Ripping and backing up stuff isn't too hard, I've even ripped things and spliced subtitles onto them if they never had them originally.

I kind of want to back up some older series on aging DVDS. Those things degrade over time.

Beats

I can't be bothered to transfer the stuff to the PC and I don't really enjoy watching shows at my desk, so I usually just watch blu-rays/dvds and anime streams on the big TV in our gaming/movie room. I have a pretty decent monitor but my PC speakers are pretty cheap, so that's another reason for me to not watch stuff there.

javac

Nah, not really. I use my blu ray collection as a dust gatherer, it's quite effective. I rarely re-watch shows unless it's been a long time, but I like to physically own the ones I've enjoyed.

Yeah the concept of owning Blu-rays depresses me when I think about it. You pay a lot of money, watch them once, if at all and that's it. In the end, like you, it's for the collectors purposes. Space Dandy is on it's way to me, and I always get buyers remorse when I buy a BD/DVD unless its some cool ass import...which usually just make me weep for my wallet.

EDIT:
I can't be bothered to transfer the stuff to the PC and I don't really enjoy watching shows at my desk, so I usually just watch blu-rays/dvds and anime streams on the big TV in our gaming/movie room. I have a pretty decent monitor but my PC speakers are pretty cheap, so that's another reason for me to not watch stuff there.

I can see that. I just lie down on my back with my laptop on top of me, get under the covers and turn the lights off :p It's almost ritualistic for me now.

I kind of want to back up some older series on aging DVDS. Those things degrade over time.

That's also a good point :)

cajunator

Banned

Honestly I would watch anime a lot more if I had more space. My TV is great but its huge and I sit literally next to it which makes watching things kind of suck. I need to get a comfy rocking chair of some kind and that might not happen till I get my own place. Right now my room is just too cluttered and claustrophobic to put a good chair in it at suitable distance from the TV.

Link Man

Banned
Kanon 9

Well, I guess that answers the big question.
The fox says "auu".

*Warning*Toothbrush Scene*Warning*

And now Makoto wants to sleep with him.

Here it comes.

TOlQX5h.jpg

Watching her deteriorate is heartbreaking.

Oh no, preview has music box music.

javac

Speaking of collecting physical goods, I have a load of Anime LaserDiscs! Remember those? I own the whole of Evangelion, including End of Eva on LaserDisc plus Gunbuster among any others. Really cool sets :p

cajunator

Banned
Yeah the concept of owning Blu-rays depresses me when I think about it. You pay a lot of money, watch them once, if at all and that's it. In the end, like you, it's for the collectors purposes. Space Dandy is on it's way to me, and I always get buyers remorse when I buy a BD/DVD unless its some cool ass import...which usually just make me weep for my wallet.

EDIT:

I can see that. I just lie down on my back with my laptop on top of me, get under the covers and turn the lights off :p It's almost ritualistic for me now.

That's also a good point :)

I like to collect things. obviously.
But mainly I have been able to say to people "hey check out this neat old show you might like" and then pulling a dvd off the shelf and showing people something they hadnt seen before because it is streaming exactly nowhere.
A collection is great for that. Especially pre-2000s shows.

Mandelbo

If I didn't really like Bakemonogatari would I like the later seasons?

I liked the concept but didn't really like any of the characters or the incessant fanservice

The ending was cool though

Cornbread78

Kanon 9
Well, I guess that answers the big question.
The fox says "auu".
*Warning*Toothbrush Scene*Warning*
And now Makoto wants to sleep with him.
Here it comes.
TOlQX5h.jpg

Watching her deteriorate is heartbreaking.
Oh no, preview has music box music.

LMFAO, the same thought came to my mind during that toothbrush scene. I've been initiated, lol.

But yeah, watch the next episode right away..

javac

I like to collect things. obviously.
But mainly I have been able to say to people "hey check out this neat old show you might like" and then pulling a dvd off the shelf and showing people something they hadnt seen before because it is streaming exactly nowhere.
A collection is great for that. Especially pre-2000s shows.

Nobody comes to see me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom