• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Didn't you give up on that noitaminA show? lol

I didn't watch all of it because I kinda just got sidetracked with work. I should probably go back and revisit/finish that.

I love the high-school concert setting like in this show a lot, mostly because it's more associated with my youth than the classical stuff is. The nostalgia is powerful lol

Thoraxes

sorry you're right, brass bands/concert bands

i default to orchestras because i was in one

Oh, it's all good. I did a lot of heavy playing in both orchestra and wind ensemble/concert band!

That's neat to see it's more common there. I've probably performed on tiered podiums maybe 4-5 times ever while in a concert band setting. And that's over the course of like 17+ years.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't watch all of it because I kinda just got sidetracked with work. I should probably go back and revisit/finish that.

I love the high-school concert setting like in this show a lot, mostly because it's more associated with my youth than the classical stuff is. The nostalgia is powerful lol
I guess that's why I liked Glee.

The problem is that this just seems so boring. :(

Seraph of the End 1

Looks nice and appears to be interesting for a revenge story. I don't understand why the falling aereoplane in the first minute is cut on the Italian simulcast though.

Certainly due to the recent Germanwings airplane crash in France. But to be honest I'm surprised they went through the effort for an internet anime simulcast.

Taruranto

I'm perpetually looking for more shows to watch, and I'll pretty much hunt anything down. Definitely interested in recommendations. Fantasy with realism, stuff with a lot of detail, and character centered dramas/comedies/romances with good dialogue are probably the things I naturally look for, but one contradiction I've learned: Don't judge a cartoon by its cover. I'll watch an episode or two of anything, there are a lot of shows I love I would have skipped otherwise.

Check Princess Tutu.

Cornbread78

You know guys, I think my TV viewing rights are destroyed forever. I was watching Sports Center for a couple mins before I went to bed and what pops up on the screen? A damn toothbrush commercial! I, just, can't... lol

Thoraxes

GIntama S3 - 01 (266)

Alright, i'm going to go and watch this entire series from the start.

I've never seen this series before but I like it.

RIP my backlog.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
GIntama S3 - 01 (266)

RIP my backlog.

I will probably have to wait till my next vacation before I could get the time to start cracking Gintama.

Nightbird

Gintama S3 - 01

Dat intro.. I don't know about the studio change ;_______;

Wait, hold on! What do you mean with Studio change? It's not Sunrise anymore?

Gintama° 1

Classic Gintama right off the start, this is how it should be. OP and ED are meh tough. Nothing comes close to Donten and Katoniago

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What a rubbish subtitle for that Gintama OT. 'It'll do'? Gintama isn't a show that can be described as a compromise. Utter utter hogwash.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What a rubbish subtitle for that Gintama OT. 'It'll do'? Gintama isn't a show that can be described as a compromise. Utter utter hogwash.
Gintama has always been self-deprecating. I mean it made so many jokes about being forced to change time slots over and over again.

Wait, hold on! What do you mean with Studio change? It's not Sunrise anymore?

Bandai Namco, the principal owners of Sunrise, split some Sunrise studios off into a new organization called Bandai Namco Pictures to create a new brand oriented for kids and family than the mecha and anime otaku.

Black Hat

Bandai Namco, the principal owners of Sunrise, split some Sunrise studios off into a new organization called Bandai Namco Pictures to create a new brand oriented for kids and family than the mecha and anime otaku.

They must have had the thought that Gintama and Cross Ange under the same studio was too much.

The sheer awesomeness would have levelled Japan.

Kyoukai no Rinne 01

Decent first episode. Without knowing anything about this story I feel like I already know exactly what the character dynamics will be because I've seen stories like this before, but its interesting enough so I'll keep watching.

Nightbird

But it's still the same staff isn't it? I mean it should be!

I wanna believe ;-;

CorvoSol

The only good mecha anime Sunrise has ever made were the ones they targeted to children.

GIntama S3 - 01 (266)

RIP my backlog.

It's amazing. First 2 episodes are bad filler though. Most of the filler content is actually still amazing though, just not the first 2 eps

Sölf

It's amazing. First 2 episodes are bad filler though. Most of the filler content is actually still amazing though, just not the first 2 eps

That's true, but it still takes quite a bit of time (~20 episodes) until all important characters are introduced and the show gets finally REALLY good (starting with the Hot Pot episode).

Sölf;159301570 said:
That's true, but it still takes quite a bit of time (~20 episodes) until all important characters are introduced and the show gets finally REALLY good (starting with the Hot Pot episode).

Yeah, it does take a while to warm up. Although having been rewatching the show from the start, it gets pretty good before the hot pot episode, even if there's another jump after that. And technically you mean introduce a lot of the core case. Many, many important characters don't show up until later because of how the show is structured.

jgminto

Gintama° 1

Fantastic start to the new season. They're right back into it as if the break between seasons never happened, even though they acknowledged it multiple times in the episode. If they can keep this up, all the season needs is a Shogun episode and it's golden.

Sölf

Shogun episode

hb0fiqI.jpg

GIntama S3 - 01 (266)

RIP my backlog.

Gintama has enough praise here ! You should have done this when everyone was excited about the anime coming back !

But enjoy this, it's one of the best

DiGiKerot

They must have had the thought that Gintama and Cross Ange under the same studio was too much.

The sheer awesomeness would have levelled Japan.

It's probably more to do with shows that actually make mad bank, particularly the merchandise/game-led media-mix properties.

By which I mean Aikatsu.

Crocodile

Vito, can you not imbed those images into the thread. Just leave the links if you have to but there is no need for those images to hit you in the face when somebody opens the thread. There really is no need :/

The show seemed good enough to sell on its own merits without stuff like that but I guess the suits disagreed?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
While Legend of the Galactic Heroes suffered from a few idiotic plot points, none that I can recall were as bad as
the hero's girlfriend being tragically killed in a swimming pool by a bourgeois aristocrat's pet monster just to i) highlight how out of touch and spoiled the ruling elite were and ii) create a tenuous plot point for why Not-Yang Wen-li should get revenge.

"We colonized that planet, but they're at a medioeval tech level!"

Meesh

Kyoukai no Rinne 01

Decent first episode. Without knowing anything about this story I feel like I already know exactly what the character dynamics will be because I've seen stories like this before, but its interesting enough so I'll keep watching.
Watched it subbed... Honestly...*sigh. I'm a huge Takahashi fan so the bar is already set high, but I feel this is going to be a series that grows on you over the course of time, episode by episode. I'll have to reserve final judgement for a little later but my initial reaction is that we've pretty much been there and done that if you know what I mean. Thankfully the concept has me intrigued, as does the plain Jane, girl next door protagonist which almost feels outta place in today's landscape of anime busty beauties. I suppose that in itself is sort of an allure. Really curious to see how the characters develop, who the villains are and what sort of obstacles will thwart the "good guys", haven't read the manga so it's all gonna be a surprise. :)

The show seemed good enough to sell on its own merits without stuff like that but I guess the suits disagreed?

Seriously, I just can't help but feel like a studio, publisher or whoever is ultimately responsible doesn't respects its own IP enough when they...'whore out' their characters for crap like this.

I just don't (want to) believe that Shirobako needs this kind of merchandise to be profitable or...more profitable. Y'all will tell me it's still a reasonable thing to do and worth the otaku-bucks but man, I need to wtf at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom