• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT2| Euriphonium

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

I actually like Kaze No Yojimbo and probably the only person in my state to own the DVDs lol. It has one of the lowest budgets for an anime Im fairly certain. Not a looker in that department. However the story and characters are pretty solid and the lead character is a rugged normal everyday hero sort. He doesnt have special abilities or skills, just likes to fucking throw down with people. Like a Florida man. He has a sarcastic wit too.

Sounds great! I doubt I'd have noticed the lack of budget if you never mentioned it, and I'll look past that any day of the week as it looks like something I'd enjoy. From what I can see, the visuals actually look pretty nice :p

Szadek

I'm in the mood for some pink haired beauties.
Does anyone know any good anime with protagonists like this?

Quasar

Uggh, so it was another one of "those" endings then, huh? IT made no sense the way they did it. They could have just ended it at ep. 12 and would have been fine, but nope, they added #13 which just completely muddied the water and made it confusing as well.

See my annoyance is that they never animated the end. I had to go read it.

Jarmel

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations, Sword of the Stranger is high on my priority now, I loved the action in Bebop too, that goes without saying really. Didn't like the Vicious episodes really, but episodes such as Waltz for Venus are my favorites in the entire series, and it funnily enough had some cool action! Win-Win.

Didn't think JoJo would have what I'm looking for action wise, I'm not a fan of what I've seen of JoJo from a cursory glance, but being just that, a cursory glance and this being the older series, I guess I'll look into it! I have no idea about FMA:B, same goes for HxH when it comes to action, but regardless both those series look amazing. Does Baccano have a decent amount of action? I got bored mid way through the first episode a while back (a first for me!), but my brother said it was due to me watching it subbed. I need that damn Blu-ray.

Baccano is great but I don't really remember that many action sequences. It is an action series though. Also it does take a few episodes for the audience to fully grasp what it's doing, so I wouldn't go by just the first episode.

cajunator

Banned
Sounds great! I doubt I'd have noticed the lack of budget if you never mentioned it, and I'll look past that any day of the week as it looks like something I'd enjoy. From what I can see, the visuals actually look pretty nice :p

You would almost certainly love it.

Utena, Toloveru, Nurse Witch Komugi, Mondaiji, Magi, Dog Days, A Familiar of Zero,m Onegai Teacher (maybe more redhead), Shangri La (Kuniko)

Sabagebu! 02
Lol, she likes it. Her beatings that is.
dL0K7Hul.png

javac

Baccano is great but I don't really remember that many action sequences. It is an action series though. Also it does take a few episodes for the audience to fully grasp what it's doing, so I wouldn't go by just the first episode.

Yeah I never intended to put Baccano away forever, just for the time being, and wouldn't you know it, the Blu-ray happens to be around the corner, pre-ordered and ready to be ripped onto my HDD. I think I'll enjoy it.

In any case, I obviously purposely avoided the elephant in the room, City Hunter. Great action, was just trying to see if I could find something else.

You would almost certainly love it.

Awesome! :D

Thanks for the recommendations, Sword of the Stranger is high on my priority now, I loved the action in Bebop too, that goes without saying really. Didn't like the Vicious episodes really, but episodes such as Waltz for Venus are my favorites in the entire series, and it funnily enough had some cool action! Win-Win.

Didn't think JoJo would have what I'm looking for action wise, I'm not a fan of what I've seen of JoJo from a cursory glance, but being just that, a cursory glance and this being the older series, I guess I'll look into it! I have no idea about FMA:B, same goes for HxH when it comes to action, but regardless both those series look amazing. Does Baccano have a decent amount of action? I got bored mid way through the first episode a while back (a first for me!), but my brother said it was due to me watching it subbed. I need that damn Blu-ray.

Watch Black Lagoon if you hadnt.

Go watch Diebuster. It's only 6 episodes and Hideaki Anno is involved so you can never go wrong.
Lal'C > Nono tho

You might want to watch Gunbuster first of you haven't already. Gives more context to the events of Diebuster

Narag

Space Adventure Cobra TV 9

Show remains feeling wonderfully complementary to the movie given the Snow Gorillas are simultaneously familiar yet nothing like I expected due to previous exposure. Ep felt a little more pulpy than usual which only made it all the more awesome.

Mandelbo

Mirai Nikki

:p

edit: Oh my god there's a character in Gunbuster that's actually called Jung Freud? That's not very subtle

Dandte

I didn't even know there was a different ending. I assumed with it being in parallel with the books that they were the same.

GoldenTime Ending spoiler
If i remember correctly there isn't a "Real" translation untill now, also the author is super quite, but in the Novel Banri looses all of his memories again and only remembers Lina(?) (Team Kokoall the way). He then lives in Tokio bein guarded by Lina but thinking that he isn't happy in the present and he lost somethign in the past, there are also a few summars were he can remember koko, were they have a child etc. it's super confsusing
I tried to forget this ending since i really like the anime version also these are jsut my foggy memories

Edit: i did some googleling. The ending is as foggy as the scottish highlands

cajunator

Banned
the banana scenes in Girls Bravo should be experienced though. Anime depravity didnt just start yesterday, it has been working its way up.

Cornbread78

I had to sneak in one more episode of Little Busters refrain real quick before I left for work and I am confused as hell now. Prior to the past 2 episodes, the series has focused solely on Riki helping everyone and building friendships, buy now there is a romance and strong supernatural element added in and damn is draining and confusing. What is going on with Kurugaya? Who really is Kyousake? Of course
Rin is the natural match for Riki here, but she is a childhood friend and we know how that works. .

Here she is:

javac

Space Adventure Cobra TV 9

Show remains feeling wonderfully complementary to the movie given the Snow Gorillas are simultaneously familiar yet nothing like I expected due to previous exposure. Ep felt a little more pulpy than usual which only made it all the more awesome.

Man the aesthetic and general visuals of this show never fails to catch my attention. Need to watch it one day.

Link Man

Banned
Kanon 12

Uh-oh, looks like Stalker-chan has a dark secret.

Hmm,
I'm thinking this angel doll might be the thing Ayu is looking for.

Ah, Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty Waltz. Appropriate for the dream motif this show's been going for.

Is it a rule of anime that every student council president has to be an arrogant prick?

And now Mai wants to see Yuichi's monkey dance. lewd

9mbHayv.gif

Does this even count as subtext when it's this obvious?

Well of course she's a good dancer, she's a swordfighter after all.

Whoa, did we just switch genres? Feels pretty shonen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Guys I just watched GoT's latest episode. I am still stunned, good lord. Fuck anime.
Uh, I didn't read impressions but it seemed like a low point for the TV series. Utterly senseless action sequences that are completely removed from what ASoIaF is about. Save me anime.

Cornbread78

Kanon 12
Uh-oh, looks like Stalker-chan has a dark secret.
Hmm,
I'm thinking this angel doll might be the thing Ayu is looking for.
Ah, Tchaikovsky's Sleeping Beauty Waltz. Appropriate for the dream motif this show's been going for.
Is it a rule of anime that every student council president has to be an arrogant prick?
And now Mai wants to see Yuichi's monkey dance. lewd.

Damn, you are doing great catching some of the more important details. Little details have a way of popping back up later. Mai is still awesome though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom