• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endride Episode 4

Endride was made by people who think it's witty and fun to have the main characters constantly fight. Hell, this episode ends with the idiotic leads beating the shit out of each other because having them talk like humans would be potentially interesting.

As much as I want to make fun of Shun, Emilio is dangerous in his stupidity. He apparently hasn't given any thought to the ramifications of killing the king? Only thoughts about how he wants to? What about huge political upheaval?
The fact that it'll leave your countrymen potentially vulnerable? What type of person wouldn't think about that at all?

Qurupeke

Flying Witch 3
0bRElRJ.png
gbwPlUc.png
PWF2LYO.jpg
Makoto needs to learn the pheasant summoning spell.

blurr

Lost Village 04

not sure what happened, like every episode before this

also did the eye patch chuunibyou guy fall down and die?

Theonik

Oh yesssss

I'll add Megazone 23 to my watchlist because why not
Well episode 1 is nice. The rest maybe not so much.

Dholy shit
Yep looks about right. The DVDs were quite bad and I think this might have been shot on 35mm or at least looks like it.

Is the blu ray coming to the west? I mean shit, what better way to watch this shit that has been on my backlog than with a blu ray
My guess is it will. Bandai is fond of how these have been doing so far but it might be 6 months or so.

Why so bright?
I'd say the DVDs are quite dull. Bear in mind HD colourspace is wider than what you find in DVD so a BD transfer can look brighter and more saturated. Having seen G Gundam cells the BD is closer to the original intent.

phaze

For a proof of concept it certainly was effective. I'm not sure if it was a spoilerfest or not though.

Episodes 2-6 are basically a much expanded version of ep 0 so yeah, to an extent it was. The good news is the second half remains uncharted territory for oyu.

In before people say that second half sucks.

One Punch Man special 05

fubuki was in it
Picked up.

Sankarea 01

Not particularly funny or anything but an alright introduction to characters with some storyboarding choices being very reminiscent of Shaft.

----

(posting and browsing through mobile version on desktop is suffering)

Sankarea 01

Not particularly funny or anything but an alright introduction to characters with some storyboarding choices being very reminiscent of Shaft.

If you're looking for this to be funny, then maybe you'll actually prefer when the show shifts to being an ecchi comedy in episode 4.

blurr

Idolm@ster CG 05

I really like the sequences of the three lead girls preparing for a big event but this episode had little of them because they were constantly being disturbed by the other members who think it's unfair that they didn't get a chance. It's understandable but I felt they came off as more of a nuisance than something meaningful. More so considering Producer-san just didn't want to reveal their plan until the end where they literally had a protest.

phaze

If you're looking for this to be funny, then maybe you'll actually prefer when the show shifts to being an ecchi comedy in episode 4.

Well, I didn't have any preconceptions really but the premiere already certainly didn't give me the impression it's going for a serious narrative.

Qurupeke

My Hero Academia 4

1.5 Chapter again, and we're at the end of chapter 4. I didn't realize how emotional the anime gets, multiple times. Anyway, the episode was over very fast, the pace felt better in this one. It helps that there was a bit more action.

Boku no hero acedemia 4
OW! that looks so bad animated, flailing around like that.

Yeah, it's kind of disgusting. lol

brawly

Mayoiga | 4

Terrible. Just a lot of nonsense, stupid tropes and annoying cat-puns. 4 episodes in and barely anything has happened.

Might drop it now, might drop it next week.

pbayne

Texhnolyze 11-13

The city of Lukuss is such a dump. It was obvious before but in these episodes its like another level. What happened between Tomaya and is dad is just another level of fucked up.

A lot of the things I thought would happen are beginning to. Characters themselves realize that the city is a stagnant structure that can never change. Its telling that after the big events of the last arc, the staus quo has still been mostly maintained. No one really advanced(except for Ichise) or fell after Yoshii's actions because the city simply doesn't allow them to.

And as was hinted at so far, Ichise is perhaps the one character that can break the cycle and promote change in the city. It is worth noting that he is the only socially mobile character in the whole show, even though it seems like he randomly stumbles into it. Yoshii even seemed to recognize that he had something special in him but it will be interesting to see how different he could be. For example, being an "outsider" marked Yoshii for failure and he was ultimately swallowed up by the city, so the fact that Ichise is an "insider/native" must have some significance.

My Hero Academia 04

Why did this episode take so long to get from point A to point B?

MC kills the boss in one punch and also saves a girl, at that point it was pretty obvious that he was gonna pass (all the side-characters even acknowledged how good he was!). But for some reason we still need to spend 10 minutes to watch some depressed boy sobbing in his room before someone tells him that "killing the boss in one punch while saving a girl" is good enough to pass the exam.

It's like the show wants to make MC feel bad at every point, just to then make him feel better and create an emotional scene, but to me it feels so artificial that I don't really care about the scene anymore.

Jintor

lol. between all might pausing for like a full minute after going
"of course you failed............................................ IF WE WERE PLAYING BY NORMAL RULES"
and
not even disclosing the actual win conditions of the test
, you gotta wonder about UA sometimes

I've had enough of deku crying for a while thanks show.

man he really fucked up his limbs tho

Endride Episode 4

Endride was made by people who think it's witty and fun to have the main characters constantly fight. Hell, this episode ends with the idiotic leads beating the shit out of each other because having them talk like humans would be potentially interesting.

As much as I want to make fun of Shun, Emilio is dangerous in his stupidity. He apparently hasn't given any thought to the ramifications of killing the king? Only thoughts about how he wants to? What about huge political upheaval?
The fact that it'll leave your countrymen potentially vulnerable? What type of person wouldn't think about that at all?
But that is what makes Endride so good and so awesome to look forward too.

Agree with the second paragraph. He realy needs to listen to Shun.

jediyoshi

Haifuri 3

FFnWws9.png

OohBa2l.png

I like how russia-chan has become the new tsuntsun so they made Mashiro go full dere. Guessing it's not too late for this to go grim if they wanted to, hope there's some kind of consequence for MC essentially completely ignoring an SOS from her best friend. What a weird direction for that cliffhanger to go.

My Hero Academia 04

Why did this episode take so long to get from point A to point B?

Because, unlike bad adaptations, this show isn't rushing to get to the really awesome parts (and there are some really freaking awesome parts later on).

Instead, it's taking its time and making everything at this point in the manga feel as meaningful and genuine as possible.

Jintor

on the other hand, we're 4 episodes into a 12 episode season and the liklihood of the rest of the season being about him not making it into the hero academia was already pretty much 0, so why even have the episode really? should've skipped straight to c

Jintor

That must be a really affluent city, an escalator in a school really? I can only think of one or two school districts in my area with schools that would be close to that. The auditorium image too, how many students even go there?

I would eyeball it at upwards of a thousand students. Their website is a goddamn mess though, at least on desktop...

blurr

Because, unlike bad adaptations, this show isn't rushing to get to the really awesome parts (and there are some really freaking awesome parts later on).

Instead, it's taking its time and making everything at this point in the manga feel as meaningful and genuine as possible.

Not just that, I asked Narag on twitter what the appeal to the show is and he said "the meaning of being a hero" which is truly just the whole point of the series so far from what I've seen.

To understand that meaning, a lot of situational exposition is important to justify the choice and leave a sense of anticipation which is what the show is pulling off. If you're missing that, it is unfortunately going to feel like a slog.

My Hero Academia 04

Another great episode, as said I really think the long moments of verbal anticipation and situational exposition has reasons that justify it and feel meaningful.

I particularly like when shows try to relay morals and tackle real life issues/problems.

Jintor

honestly, it is playing a lot more heavy-handed than I recall the manga being, and the manga was already pretty blunt. lol.

But it's not like I don't like that!

Gvitor

MHA 04

Izuku's mom is the worst

Ping Pong 02-06

I look forward to seeing Peco's comeback and winning against that scumbag Smile.

It's also a great turnaround that Kong is the one who cares about his comrades and Tsukimoto and Hazama are just pricks.

Ascheroth

My Hero Academia #4

This episode just flew by again.
I don't really have much to say other then that it's just really good. And seeing Midoriyas recoil animated is a whole other level of gruesome.

Jintor

Actually, looking at that auditorium pic again, that kinda looks like it's only about half as big again as the size of my high school. So maybe around 1500 kids. But my school was I guess for americans a combined middle/high school, so 6 years... this school appears to just be the last 3 years of high school, like most japanese schools... p. big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom