• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Sölf;200018740 said:
Shin Sekai Yori 15
Squealer starts slowly showing his true intentions. And god, the cliffhanger in this show sometimes are really evil. This is one of those times.
Entering the best stretch now.

Ajin 12

Just like Satou's fight in the research center, the combination of Ajin incessant revival powers and the Stands tfu IBMs and of Nippon Swat trying to work around these abilities made it a pretty interesting and refreshingly grounded climax. On the minus side of things, I guess it's abundantly clear by now that the story won't reach any point won't reach the point where Satou and mc meet again.

pbayne

Pan de Peace: 1st slice. "I made Bread Buddies"-I think that's an amazing episode title

I kinda want Scott Pilgrim to show up, "Bread makes you fat?"

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 16
And with that we enter Adulthood, at least acording to the preview. Also, dat weird as fuck shaft like dream sequence. This show sometimes, seriously.

I think I'm gonna skip Mayoiga. As for MHA, just like Woof, I'm not really in the mood for that type of show. Gonna check out Re:Zero tonight, since that's out today. Looked pretty, some of you guys' talk about it interested me

Ano Natsu de Matteru - 01-02

T3Bz0Az.jpg

The moment this character opened her mouth early in episode 1 I had an inkling of this being some rather trashy show, when I expected to get some proper romance.

And yeh, bunch of fanservice and the usual bad writing. Might be higher tier trash, can't tell for sure yet, but it's still just that.

Btw, needless and unexplained infantile behavior in adult characters is fricking annoying. One big indicator of trash writing.

Ascheroth

I think I'm gonna skip Mayoiga. As for MHA, just like Woof, I'm not really in the mood for that type of show. Gonna check out Re:Zero tonight, since that's out today. Looked pretty, some of you guys' talk about it interested me

First episode is supposed to be double length, looking quite forward to it.

The GochiUsa girls grew up so fast... Rize seems a little different somehow.

Really cute OP. Good way to waste 3 minutes.

Btw, needless and unexplained infantile behavior in adult characters is fricking annoying. One big indicator of trash writing.

That reminds me, did you ever finish Toradora?

phaze

Code Geass up to 09

I've given this a far longer shake than I'd, if it wasn't so famous but alas, I see very little of worth here. To be far there were some brighter spots in the second half, Lelouch getting btfo by the Clamp design abomination nr 234 or Suzaku's scenes in the hotel kidnapping episode, which was the one time I thought this show managed to execute well and sell its big moment but it was not nearly enough to make me wade through more of this mud of stupid writing.

Qurupeke

Code Geass up to 09

I've given this a far longer shake than I'd, if it wasn't so famous but alas, I see very little of worth here. To be far there were some brighter spots in the second half, Lelouch getting btfo by the Clamp design abomination nr 234 or Suzaku's scenes in the hotel kidnapping episode, which was the one time I thought this show managed to execute well and sell its big moment but it was not nearly enough to make me wade through more of this mud of stupid writing.

Ignore the writing, enjoy the spectacle. It will only get dumber and dumber the more you think about the plot.

Code Geass up to 09

If you enjoyed Kyoukai no Kanata and Aldonoah Zero of all things, I can't for the life of me figure out how you can't stand this.

That reminds me, did you ever finish Toradora?

Nah. Was allowed to tap out after 12 episodes and did just that. Whether Ryuuji's mother gets some proper backstory, motivation and development after that point doesn't matter much if she was straight up badly written until then. As I alluded to in one of my last comments on Haikyuu, you don't suddenly turn around bad character writing by giving someone their 'grand' arc/episode way late. You can turn around an unlikable (note: not badly written) character to become more sympathetic but unless you were actually damn clever about how you portrayed a character, it's nigh impossible to make me feel like someone badly written for a long duration was actually well written in hindsight.

Since there's isn't a smidgen of clever in Toradora and I was even actively looking for subtle foreshadowing and so whenever she was on screen, I can safely say my opinion on her within those 12 wouldn't change a bit.

Lautaro

My Hero Academia 1

Nothing like a good underdog story, I'm digging this.

Ajin 12

Motherfucking Satou! this show is great despite its flaws.

My Hero Academia 1
It's well made, but very little about the premise and main character grabbed me. If this is just a standard battle shounen/underdog superhero story with high production values I'll probably keep watching, but I didn't find this particularly engaging.

phaze

Ignore the writing, enjoy the spectacle. It will only get dumber and dumber the more you think about the plot.

I think the problem might be, it's just not dumb enough and takes itself way too seriously.
If you enjoyed Kyoukai no Kanata and Aldonoah Zero of all things, I can't for the life of me figure out how you can't stand this.

Superior tastes work in mysterious ways.

Also please don't besmirch KyoAni eternal masterpiece by putting it next to Aldnoah. Which I'm pretty sure I uttered no praise for past its first quarter.

Nah. Was allowed to tap out after 12 episodes and did just that.

Such lies. It was 10 if my memory serves me.

That ED is really good. So is this airing today?

Dunno, the song is pretta catchy and funny.

But the facts that a video to a song called Kumamiko Dancing has no dancing and how the animations and music aren't even trying to match is quite the letdown in my eyes.

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 17
Holy shit. We Crusader Kings now. "Application for Intercolonial war". So Queerrats also need a valid Casus Belli to declare war on their enemies, huh. And god damn, dat backstabbing everywhere. I love it!

phaze

My Hero Academia 01
Surprisingly good. I think they nailed certain big moments from the manga making it all the more impactful. Great casting choices too, Deku, All Might, Baku are all on point. I'm not sure if this is enough to get me over my aversion to superhero and
school
stuff as well as some similarities to Naruto (that I still hope will turn mostly superficial) but I'll keep my eyes peeled for the time being I guess. OST was pretty great too.

Cornbread78

Ah My Buddha ep.7-9
Some decent comedy, but I'm still getting lost in the episodic approach this show takes. Any kind of central plot would be appreciated. Also, this is another non-harem show tagged as a harem.

Sölf

Ah My Buddha ep.7-9
Some decent comedy, but I'm still getting lost in the episodic approach this show takes. Any kind of central plot would be appreciated. Also, this is another non-harem show tagged as a harem.

Well, he lives with 6 girls, why is that not a harem? Only because not all want to bang him? Also, when did you start watching? I completely missed your impressions for Amaenaideyo!! so far. :0

Cornbread78

Sölf;200028184 said:
Well, he lives with 6 girls, why is that not a harem? Only because not all want to bang him? Also, when did you start watching? I completely missed your impressions for Amaenaideyo!! so far. :0

I just don't consider it a harem when he is just living with the girls and there's no shipping or typical harem hijinks going on, lol. I get it though. Oh well, it should just be tagged as a ecchi comedy if anything. Oh well, it's been pretty fun so far.

Ugh... Boku no Academia is on but I'm stuck at tennis practice and my partner for the day was sick so I'm just playing underclassmen now.

Really digging Hero Academia. I like how they animated the key moments and scenes too.
Edit: sucks that it's only 13 episodes tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom