• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuromukuro ep 5

OH JESUS I'M DYING

THE UN LADY GIVING THE ENGRISH SPEECH AND SHE HAS THE MOST HONEST TO HEART

"oh my god" in what is now my favorite engrish moment of the year.

10/10

blurr

I only watched Hyouka because I also got somebody to watch Jojo as well.

I do this with almost every show I don't usually watch because I want that motivation to get me to keep going back to it so I don't completely forget about it later.

Want me to watch Rakugo? Watch Giant Robo, Kino's Journey, or something.

I'd take up the challenge but I'm kind of busy with other shows.

TUSR

Banned
Space Patrol Luluco - 6

Damn this show is good. AOTS.

If a KLK character in some form is in the next episode, gonna lose my shit.

Been kind of curious, how is Wolf Girl and Black Prince? I think someone recommended it to me back when I was on my romcom binge but I never got around to it. I looked into it a bit but the premise kind of rubs me the wrong way, sounds kind of like the guy in this series is an enormous piece of shit.

Narag

Been kind of curious, how is Wolf Girl and Black Prince? I think someone recommended it to me back when I was on my romcom binge but I never got around to it. I looked into it a bit but the premise kind of rubs me the wrong way, sounds kind of like the guy in this series is an enormous piece of shit.

From what I watched of it, everyone is a piece of shit so it works.

Joe Molotov

Watching the Unico movies on CR...

OMG these movies are so adorable. Cute is a crime, and the gods have found Unico guilty and cast him into the Pit of Infinite Despair. But Unico is so fucking cute he can cute his way out of every terrible situation he finds himself. Also Chao is the best, in human form or cat form.

WM4EgAC.gif

cgtB09O.gif

She almost gets date-raped by a demon, but Unico cutes that demon's fucking face off in a bloody geyser of death. And that was just in the first movie.

11/10, would see cute things in despairing situations again.

Mayoiga 6

If anyone had any doubts about what this was
silicone boob meat tarantula
should've cleared those right up.

And someone needs to gif the scene where the tour guide has his arms outstretched to embrace the female guide and she literally jukes left to avoid him for the other guy. Hilarious.

Clov

I'm halfway through the newest Joker Game episode... you know, I really enjoyed the first three episodes, but I haven't liked episode 4 and 5 (so far) much. It's been getting more and more ridiculous. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I can't take the show very seriously when this episode's antagonist has a head shaped like a lightbulb in a setting with otherwise normal character designs. This is just silly.

kewlmyc

Mayoiga 06

Are head implants actually a thing? Also I expected the anime to skirt around the fact that they're all seeing their inner fears manifest, but I'm glad they just stated it so we can move on.

Just T

Assassination Classroom 2nd Season Episode 17

This episode was nicely done, action came out really well. And whew that skill from Nagisa at the end finally animated.

Netoge: 5

It was obviously Sette so glad that bit wasn’t prolonged in any way but this was a nice episode, Ako is making a little bit of progress.

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: 4

Overall I enjoyed this episode but there were a couple of irritating things. To start off I was surprised last episode with how Ayame took her stand so it was a bit disappointing to see her let those guys run shit in the beginning by handing over the key. Also not letting Ikoma and Mumei fight in the beginning seemed like a poor decision, they may not completely trust them but they’ve already helped a lot and putting Takumi in there was one there but the others? Just seemed like a way to force the characters together. However, Kajika been Ikoma and Takumi’s friend so maybe that was the reasoning there. The actual action scenes on the train were great for the most part; Ikoma’s scene just seemed a bit short and thus made it feel anti-climactic.

Concrete Revolutio: 18

This was an excellent episode. The story of a father wanting to be a hero for his daughter at the forefront was really good and sweet to watch. Also I enjoyed the little connections to the first season and of course exploring the same themes they have been continuing to show. Oh yeah, the Kikko scene was rather sad, not surprising but still a little sad. And there were some really nice animation in this episode.

Ambitious

Devil May Cry (full series)

Well that was kind of a waste of time. The very definition of formulaic. There were a few funny moments here and there, but most episodes felt the same. The overarching plot was barely existent, too.

jonjonaug

Lost Village 6:
"CG giant silicon boob implant monster"
might be the funniest fucking B-horror monster I've ever seen.

This show is legit good if you think of it as one big homage to dumb horror films, because it's really good at being that.

Mayoiga 06

Are head implants actually a thing? Also I expected the anime to skirt around the fact that they're all seeing their inner fears manifest, but I'm glad they just stated it so we can move on.

30 seconds of Google says yes.

Negator

Danball Senki 1 - 44

What a ride. The show was paced so well and I always wanted to come back for more. If you have the spare time I would highly recommend Danball Senki.

Qurupeke

Mayoiga 6
I swear, despite all of the things that happened in this episode, the scene that Koharun skipped Dahara and run to Valkana was the one that made me laugh the most.

Anyway, wtf. And I somehow feel bad for Lovepon.

So baed on the Madogatari event polls.

Shinobu is the most popular Shaft girl ahead Homura and Senjougahara. First non Madoka/Monogatari character is Yuno at place 11.

pbayne

The main couple do warm up to each other eventually but eh. Your mileage will very depending on whether you can stand the main guy being an asshole 80% of the time.

She was lying about that. She knew the stuff worked because it's the same stuff they were putting in chocolate in S1.

But the relation between the previous season is what I thought was odd about the scene, in season one she says this:

C7FBYor.jpg

(Note: it's called Plax in FuniSubs)

If I had to guess, she was lying in the first season because she actually has to "sell" the product and telling it was tested on children isn't that good for business.

But if she's already lying about it, why tell some random guy that you're doing something evil? She doesn't even gain anything from it. Between that and how Human-man didn't even have a reaction it just felt like an awkward line that existed more to tell the audience how evil the woman is than anything else.

This is damn high praise. Are you serious or is this hyperbole? I'm not watching the show but some seem to be talking about it positively.

lol, not really beyond some basic conceptual stuff (time travelling samurai from the past). I do like it though. Not as much as other stuff it's been compared to like Hatarku Maou, but it's not bad.

And kind of irrelevant, but keep in mind I'm never been a major Samurai Jack fan either, though I am looking forward to its return.

Concrete Revolutio 18

Wished the resolution of this episode conflict had been resolved differently. I was actually curious where thing would go with Jiro forced to defend someone who was actively doing something that was hurting other people and not for the best of reasons either.

Also fuck Jiro for hurting Earth-chan.

Luluco 06

Luluco's mom is the best. The Trigger Universe is the best.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Luluco 6
Damn, that was great way to end season 2. Can't wait for next season.
Imaishi combining every series he direct.

JJBA DIU 6

Koichi just went super saiyan there. I'm loving the pacing and color use. The director is really good at this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom