• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Hyouka 6-8
MrDyc6R.png
de5AWEa.png
d7mGxRh.png
FVLMqay.jpg
q9H0O0a.png
vmEPtAQ.png
I can't believe how good the show is. At the risk of repeating myself, the mystery is excellent and keeps me hooked every time. For example, the hot springs episode had a very good structure and a ton of clues. It wasn't really hard to guess what exactly the shadow was, but they presented everything in such a way that it wasn't too obvious or out of place. Really perfect execution. The same can be said about every mystery in the show, all of them have been handled greatly. I really want to see how they'll continue with this story about the movie, as it's seems that it's the second mystery that takes more than one episode. And finally more students appeared, that should be fun.

Another strong point of the show are the dialogues, they're just perfect. Even when the conversations don't have any story relevance, they're very interesting and not tiring at all. The talk about the 7 sins or the tarot cards were very entertaining and Oreki's inner monologues made them even better. Moreover, I love the chemistry between Oreki and Fukube. Fukube's playfulness completes Oreki's character and I really like how close they are. Also, I guess that I should mention that I don't really expect any other shipping than Oreki and Chitanda. Those two are just perfect for each other. I mean, wow, it couldn't be any better.

I don't think I have more to add. The fact I didn't start it sooner was a serious mistake.

I only watched Hyouka because I also got somebody to watch Jojo as well.

I do this with almost every show I don't usually watch because I want that motivation to get me to keep going back to it so I don't completely forget about it later.

Want me to watch Rakugo? Watch Giant Robo, Kino's Journey, or something.

phaze

I only watched Hyouka because I also got somebody to watch Jojo as well.

I do this with almost every show I don't usually watch.

Want me to watch Rakugo? Watch Giant Robo, Kino's Journey, or something.

What else outside of Kino's Journey I'd have to check out to make you watch Texhnolyze Mawaru Penguindrum ?

Szadek

Big Order 4

Booo, they didn't resolve last weeks pregnancy situation. They UN tried nukes against the MC in this episode and still managed to fail, don't think those nukes need to hit the ground at all to detonate, but best not to think logically about anything at all in this show.
That is correct, in fact nukes are supposed to below up in midair.
Big Order 04

Holy shit why am I still watching this. The rock girl didn't even eat any rocks in this episode. Props to the anime team for even trying to include her in a dramatic scene because her design is just doujin cover material.

Gotta laugh at the end, they secured a girl whos power is to de materialize nukes???? How would you even get that power? Why would you wish for that? How would try to see if it even works? How extremely convenient is that? Why only nukes? So many questions.
Probably because it sucks so much that it goes beyond "so bad it's good" and moves on to "It's so bad, it's art."
Also the music.

Anyway,
Ushio to Tora S. 2 Ep.6
Holy shit, this episode was awesome,can't wait for the next one.

There's only one instance of "hentai" that I can think of in the show so far, that being when Kennosuke was breaking out of prison (again) in episode 3 and accidentally groped a female soldier after she took him down in the hallway. Not that I'm a particular fan of that moment, but it's not like groping breasts is some obsession of the show. Also, Kennosuke's reaction was pretty amusing there.

Yes that first time I was lenient on it because it might just be a one-time thing and yeh, the reaction was amusing. Still made me a bit wary, and not completely unjustified because the upset 'hentai' remarks reemerged in episode 5. Episode 5 in generally just made it clear that the show is moving in a direction I wouldn't like.

Agreed.

I haven't seen Kuromukuro and I don't mean to be offensive when I say this, but NDMGGs criticisms particularly grate on me because they generally don't make sense half the time and are often very generalizing and demeaning of a medium, mecha in particular.

You can do yourself a favor and put me on the ignore list. We've rarely ever shared the same viewpoint and I never regarded your arguments/comments compelling either. However, you were generally pretty friendly so that I didn't mind. That's until lately where you've been weirdly aggressive and even obviously sardonic remarks triggered that mecha persecution complex of yours, making you proclaiming that people are shitposting and shouldn't be allowed to do so.

Now that is pretty stupid and I'll do myself the favor and ignore you since its only getting worse.

Hyouka 6-8

I can't believe how good the show is. At the risk of repeating myself, the mystery is excellent and keeps me hooked every time. For example, the hot springs episode had a very good structure and a ton of clues. It wasn't really hard to guess what exactly the shadow was, but they presented everything in such a way that it wasn't too obvious or out of place. Really perfect execution. The same can be said about every mystery in the show, all of them have been handled greatly. I really want to see how they'll continue with this story about the movie, as it's seems that it's the second mystery that takes more than one episode. And finally more students appeared, that should be fun.

Another strong point of the show are the dialogues, they're just perfect. Even when the conversations don't have any story relevance, they're very interesting and not tiring at all. The talk about the 7 sins or the tarot cards were very entertaining and Oreki's inner monologues made them even better. Moreover, I love the chemistry between Oreki and Fukube. Fukube's playfulness completes Oreki's character and I really like how close they are. Also, I guess that I should mention that I don't really expect any other shipping than Oreki and Chitanda. Those two are just perfect for each other. I mean, wow, it couldn't be any better.

I don't think I have more to add. The fact I didn't start it sooner was a serious mistake.

Glad to see a first-timer enjoying Hyouka. I just finished a rewatch of the series last week and it stands as my favorite anime of all -- I'm having a hard time picking my next watch. Pay attention to the early conversations, even the ones in one-off episodes, as many of them foreshadow future character developments.

Qurupeke

What else outside of Kino's Journey I'd have to watch to make you watch Texhnolyze Mawaru Penguindrum ?

lol This needs to happen.

Glad to see a first-timer enjoying Hyouka. I just finished a rewatch of the series last week and it stands as my favorite anime of all -- I'm having a hard time picking my next watch. Pay attention to the early conversations, even the ones in one-off episodes, as many of them foreshadow future character developments.

Noted!

Ascheroth

Danball Senki #26

I loved how the action synced up with the music during the fight at the beginning.
Ami is pretty smart.
And glad my guess from episode 9 was finally proven right, lol. Pandora is pretty awesome.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora #32

Oh shit. That was all kinds of hype and terrifying. Hakumen. Is happening. Now.

The reunion between Ushio and his mother also hit me pretty hard.
Sitting there at the bottom of the ocean, all alone, not a single sound, Hakumens eye in front and dust all over. Especially the dust. That probably gave me the final blow. Damn.

Hakumen's voice was very disappointing. Actually the whole thing was disappointing. I dont understand why the series couldnt be a grounded exorcist series like BLue Exorcist or Owari no Serafu. A massive nine tailed demon fox size Hakumen able to thrust multiple nuclear powered submarines into the air was very unrealistic.

Cornbread78

Big Order ep.4
Not enough babies being born in this episode... It does look like he's gained some natural allies finally, but definitely not enough to control everything going on. Looks like Rin might be warming up to him a little as well, but she'll still probably try to kill him in an absurd way next week.

What else outside of Kino's Journey I'd have to check out to make you watch Texhnolyze Mawaru Penguindrum ?

Getter Robo Armageddon

You can do yourself a favor and put me on the ignore list. We've rarely ever shared the same viewpoint and I never regarded your arguments/comments compelling either. However, you were generally pretty friendly so that I didn't mind. That's until lately where you've been weirdly aggressive and even obviously sardonic remarks triggered that mecha persecution complex of yours, making you proclaiming that people are shitposting and shouldn't be allowed to do so.

Now that is pretty stupid and I'll do myself the favor and ignore you since its only getting worse.

Good bye then. I'm sorry I came off that way to you.

I never meant to come off as aggressive, those sardonical remarks make me frustrated more than anything else.

Sölf

So, my internet died yesterday and I watched Black Lagoon 06-10. Roberta is awesome and I am happy knowing that she got a whole OVA later on. We need more battle maids that can actually do stuff.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hakumen's voice was very disappointing. Actually the whole thing was disappointing. I dont understand why the series couldnt be a grounded exorcist series like BLue Exorcist or Owari no Serafu. A massive nine tailed demon fox size Hakumen able to thrust multiple nuclear powered submarines into the air was very unrealistic.

It is a series from a different age.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 18

The scene with the anti-superhuman flu shots kinda took me out of the moment, a bit too edgy for my tastes, just give her a giant fake mustache and a top hat at that point!

Kikko's character seems to be going places. it feels like they're setting her up for a giant breakdown scene or something, wonder how that's going to play out.

She was lying about that. She knew the stuff worked because it's the same stuff they were putting in chocolate in S1.

pbayne

Slam Dunk 84

Yo Shohoku vs Ryonan was tight. Amazing when it turned into the Sendo vs Rukawa show for awhile. And i love that Kogure, the shy unassuming, bench warming but reliable guy was the one to get the game winning shot and Hanamichi got his redemption with his defense and dunk in the end.
And even better giving it the full second half of the episode to let the gravity of the win sink in. Seeing Akagi of all people break down in tears and then visiting Anzai in the hospital, aw it was magical.

Fuck only 16 episodes left, i don't want this show to ever end.

Cornbread78

My Bride is a Mermaid ep.23
So Masa is the older brother
of Akane (the inspector.)
It's nice to get a little backstory on Masa even though we are closing in on the end. The Masa confession scene was hilarious, as well as the explanation scene with San at the end. The show is so fun!

NeonZ

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 18

After next week, in spite of some elements (the otherworldly imagery, angelical appearance of Devila, nipples), I wasn't sure if the whole Devil Race scenario was supposed to be a Devilman homage rather than some obscure series I never heard about. However, with the half-devil guy quickly thrown in the beginning of this episode, especifically connected to last week's race, I'm now left thinking that Aikawa had planned last week's scenario to be a Devilman homage, but the guest writer deviated too much in some aspects, and so he threw a quick Devilman stand-in here to make the connection clear.

My Bride is a Mermaid ep.23
So Masa is the older brother
of Akane (the inspector.)
It's nice to get a little backstory on Masa even though we are closing in on the end. The Masa confession scene was hilarious, as well as the explanation scene with San at the end. The show is so fun!

You aren't there yet, but my only disappointment with that show was the final OVA. The two post-series OVAs are decent, but they somehow manage to end with less of an ending than the tv show. They really didn't choose a good "final" story (even though the credits make it obvious they knew it'd be the ending).

Sakamoto 4
This is a perfect adaptation of the manga as just like with the source material I'm completely bored with this despite it not being terrible or anything.

Danball Senki 1-44 END

It was awesome and kind of goofy, and it made me want to continue my game.

I think I enjoyed that the main characters were rather competent, especially Ami.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 18

After next week, in spite of some elements (the otherworldly imagery, angelical appearance of Devila, nipples), I wasn't sure if the whole Devil Race scenario was supposed to be a Devilman homage rather than some obscure series I never heard about. However, with the half-devil guy quickly thrown in the beginning of this episode, especifically connected to last week's race, I'm now left thinking that Aikawa had planned last week's scenario to be a Devilman homage, but the guest writer deviated too much in some aspects, and so he threw a quick Devilman stand-in here to make the connection clear.

The guest writer, Masaki Tsuji, wrote nearly all of the Devilman '72 series so I imagine they trusted him.

edit: Oh I misinterpreted that entirely. You were referring to the stand-in in 18 making things clear. My bad.

Future card Buddyfight: DDD [Triple D] Episode 6

Abygale is actually good though Im still waiting for him to have a big explosive moment. For example everyone in the universe remembers when Azi Dahaka had his big moment so hopefully Abygale gets one unless its going to be like Jack.

Good episode though I want a Kyoya win to happen.

Diamond is Unbreakable 5

Wowowow, Koichi's stand is amazing.
I love that the resolution to the fight wasn't any direct use of Echoes on Kobayashi but screaming "Believe in me!" at his mother.

The Lost Village Episode 6

I thought Jigoku no Gouka had the most intriguing backstory of the mix.

I dont know why they are using carnival sounding music. Though it made the stuff feel kind of creepy and scary to me, but I chuckled end of episode at it
silicone oppai monster thing

Jigoku no Gouka had a good smile and laugh, my favorite part.
tumblr_o6s9vfui671qbxqfpo1_540.png
tumblr_o6s9vfui671qbxqfpo2_540.png

Cornbread78

You aren't there yet, but my only disappointment with that show was the final OVA. The two post-series OVAs are decent, but they somehow manage to end with less of an ending than the tv show. They really didn't choose a good "final" story (even though the credits make it obvious they knew it'd be the ending).

Man, that scares me that the ending is going to be horrible. Hopefully, it's not that bad since the show has been so much fun so far.

Love-pon's Execution Extravaganza 06

RnEUYdn.jpg

cant breathe. send help.

My jaw was open for the majority of the episode as I tried to comprehend what the fuck I was even watching. Between the hilariously bad backstories and the hilariously nonsense current ongoings this makes Lost look like the most well planned out masterpiece of all time. Bravo Okada. You win. Yeah it's pretty obvious what is going on but man if the way its happening isnt the dumbest shit possible.

Kagewani S2 6

I think I'm just going to drop this here. There were a couple good moments in this episode (particularly the treatment of the two cell phone recording victims), but overall it's clear that the show isn't going to go back to what I loved about the first season. Such a cruel disappointment.

Narag

Kagewani S2 6

I think I'm just going to drop this here. There were a couple good moments in this episode (particularly the treatment of the two cell phone recording victims), but overall it's clear that the show isn't going to go back to what I loved about the first season. Such a cruel disappointment.

Yeah I don't like the human on human element of Kagewani s2. that shit should take a back seat and just give me more anime twilight zone

I think if the dude wanted to do some sort of action/spy/intrigue short anime, I'd be down for that but it keeps interrupting what made S1 so good.

I think if the dude wanted to do some sort of action/spy/intrigue short anime, I'd be down for that but it keeps interrupting what made S1 so good.

Yes, and if he wants to make something more action-oriented he'll need to use a style of animation that isn't so limited. It makes all the fast-paced moments look bad.

Narag

Yes, and if he wants to make something more action-oriented he'll need to use a style of animation that isn't so limited. It makes all the fast-paced moments look bad.

This actually happened in the first season of Yamishibai. Super limited atmospheric horror for 12.5 eps then a fast paced jump scare I never saw coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom