• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Just ok my ass that show is hype as fuck and it has an amazing final battle plus decent humor timing considering it came from a Web comic and was translated into a Manga and eventually into an Anime.

I mean I just read this as the humor is ok and I should check out sakugabooru for the final fight.

duckroll

Agreed.

I haven't seen Kuromukuro and I don't mean to be offensive when I say this, but NDMGGs criticisms particularly grate on me because they generally don't make sense half the time and are often very generalizing and demeaning of a medium, mecha in particular.

Aren't you the guy who whines all day about how the mecha genre is dead when in reality you don't even watch most mecha shows released anymore because of stupid bias? :p

Qurupeke

Just started watching, although with suspicion.

I think I've been japed. But it does seem a bit interesting, so I'll keep with it.

I was seriously recommending it! Mayoiga is a show that, so far, is relying on its completely idiotic characters. And there are a lot of them. The interactions between them and some of their quotes have made me laugh more than any show this season. Also, the mystery will keep escalating, things can only get crazier!

Plus, it has Lovepon. If you stick on the show after the first episode, you'll love her.

I mean I just read this as the humor is ok and I should check out sakugabooru for the final fight.
I mean that's one way to look at it. There's plenty of great scenes throughout the show that are better in context but if you absolutely have no interest to watch the show you can at least check out some of those sweet fight scenes.

It's sweet fight scenes and they aren't Naruto, it's a win win

Narag

Kagewani -II- 6

I was ready to take a shot at the show for just having a giant snake but hey, they pulled it off.

Zoom on the daughter felt a little heavyhanded when they were trying to show off the snake's shadow though. Feels like the first cour would have left that to the viewer to catch.

I've been watching Danball Senki! Which is CG Super Robots done right! (Right == serviceable and still inferior to 2D and not ugly to look at)

CG mecha can look better than 2D mecha if the CG is done well and the 2D is not. For a direct comparison, the CG mecha action in Fafner Exodus looks better than the 2D mecha action in the original Fafner. Actually, the general quality of Orange's mecha action beats all but the most well-directed of 2D mecha action.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Idolm@ster CG 12-13

There's a Rock idol who doesn't know much about rock but at least they didn't delve in to that aspect of her - her pairing with Cat girl idol feels unjustified but that's passable, real problem is that they just end up living with it because they have no choice which again, in a sense is fine but it feels like an undeserved accomplishment.

It was so obvious they were going to be paired up. The signs were all there. Also they are far more interesting as a group compared to the rest because conflict adds a dimension to them, something badly needed when the cast of the show is filled with one dimensional trope characters.

blurr

It was so obvious they were going to be paired up. The signs were all there. Also they are far more interesting as a group compared to the rest because conflict adds a dimension to them, something badly needed when the cast of the show is filled with one dimensional trope characters.

I didn't really see that coming at all tbh.

The conflict is fine, I'm saying it didn't reach a satisfying conclusion.

pbayne

Now and Then, Here and There 3-4

My reaction "AHHHHHnonononononono....is this show actually going to these depths?...Jesus that was fucking grim"
This is like a form of concentrated misery, with the absolute worst examples of human beings doing anything to survive. I crave something nice to happen for the characters.

Time for Jojo to remind me that happiness exists.

Ascheroth

Just started watching, although with suspicion.

I think I've been japed. But it does seem a bit interesting, so I'll keep with it.

No, Mayoiga is really hilarious.
The entire cast is so amazingly dumb, their interactions are just a blast. And the spooky mystery aspect isn't bad either (although not the main focus so far).

It's also not "so bad it's good" territory, it's deliberate.

phaze

It's sweet fight scenes and they aren't Naruto, it's a win win

zobkstpbduvj.gif

ARIENAI 01-05

What is up with anime defense agencies allowing their super precious pilots, aka the only people who can save the earth against EVIL forces that be and that can come barging in at your door at any time and any place, why do they allow them to go to school miles away from your base and robots ? If you can afford mechs, you can afford private tutors. The lack of them is absolutely disgusting world building. Dropped.

It's okay. Mostly for the humorous character interactions rather than the plot which screams GENERIC out of every scene it's focused on. Ancient evil awakens, so does ancient protector, cue in high school and obligatory mysterious father of the protagonist that is going to be connected to the big plot. zzzzzz

Jojo 06
Didn't this guy basically explained his plan in full evil cackling voice and with Koichi's mother and sister still in the room ? You'd think that'd erase their guilt a bit or like completely. Both of them could clearly hear everything in the very next scene perfectly fine.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Season 2, Episode 6:

I'll be honest and say I didn't really care about the reunion between Ushio and his Mom since it lacked gravitas and also Ushio kind of sucks as a character. Though thankfully and finally we are at endgame and Hakumen No Mono looks to be the true final boss here.

All trigger had to do to make a good full length show was to make a very un-Trigger like show.

Sasuga Trigger.

Trigger is most associated with Imaishi's style for obvious reasons. But when they make a work that's not directed by Imaishi or his clone Amemiya, such as Little Witch Academia, Inou Battle, or the Yoshiura Animator Expo shorts, they don't make works in the Imaishi vein.

Joe Molotov

What is up with anime defense agencies allowing their super precious pilots, aka the only people who can save the earth against EVIL forces that be and that can come barging in at your door at any time and any place, why do they allow them to go to school miles away from your base and robots ? If you can afford mechs, you can afford private tutors. The lack of them Absolutely disgusting world building. Dropped.

lol, I was just thinking this the other day when I was watching Eva and Shinji get's the shit beat out of him at school.

Jarmel

Banned
Ancient evil awakens, so does its ancient protector

How often does that happen though in order to be called generic? I can probably count on my hand the number of characters who get Captain America'd and are the leads of their stories.

zulux21

Kabaneri #4

Those idiot villagers are probably dumber than the entire cast in Mayoiga.
What bothered me the most was Ayame just giving away the master key the second she's asked to by some trustworthy dudes. I don't mind convenient timing and stupid decisions in a story like this all that much, but the aforementioned scene was a bit too much.
But the action was still hype, especially combined with the songs.

I want to say that was indeed a dumb scene, BUT! they weren't some dudes, they were some of the 6 lords that were established to be nearly on par with her ranking and have been hounding her the whole time. She could have been more reluctant but she is new to the whole leading thing and likely just wanted out of making the tough calls.

Ascheroth

Is Mayoiga airing early today?

No, but we're recruiting fresh blood to join us on the bus ride!

I want to say that was indeed a dumb scene, BUT! they weren't some dudes, they were some of the 6 lords that were established to be nearly on par with her ranking and have been hounding her the whole time. She could have been more reluctant but she is new to the whole leading thing and likely just wanted out of making the tough calls.

Huh, apparently I missed/forgot/ignored that.
That does make the scene more believable. A bit.

TUSR

Banned
The whole plot line with the purple scarf wearing villagers in Kabaneri was so bad.

It's tough to turn a blind eye to such elementary garbage.

Big Order 04

Holy shit why am I still watching this. The rock girl didn't even eat any rocks in this episode. Props to the anime team for even trying to include her in a dramatic scene because her design is just doujin cover material.

Gotta laugh at the end, they secured a girl whos power is to de materialize nukes???? How would you even get that power? Why would you wish for that? How would try to see if it even works? How extremely convenient is that? Why only nukes? So many questions.

The whole plot line with the purple scarf wearing villagers in Kabaneri was so bad.

It's tough to turn a blind eye to such elementary garbage.

My standards for storytelling in the zombie genre are rock fucking bottom so it doesn't really bother me

Jarmel

Banned
Gotta laugh at the end, they secured a girl whos power is to de materialize nukes???? How would you even get that power? Why would you wish for that? How would try to see if it even works? How extremely convenient is that? Why only nukes? So many questions.

Part of the Diamond Dog family.

Exalted

Big Order 4

Booo, they didn't resolve last weeks pregnancy situation. They UN tried nukes against the MC in this episode and still managed to fail, don't think those nukes need to hit the ground at all to detonate, but best not to think logically about anything at all in this show.

I wonder how quickly they will get over what happened in the last episode of the lost village and head right back to being suspect of each other instead of being deathly terrified of whatever is in the fucking forest!!

Ascheroth

Big Order #4

After fucking around with Unity for the longest time because changing the control scheme for our game proved to be way more of a pain in the ass then initially thought, this was just the right amount of dumb I needed to relax.

"Do you know how many nukes we have left!???"
"HA! But we just kidnapped the Order with the power to neutralize nukes! Joke's on you!"
The best.

I also need the soundtrack. It's so gloriously cheesy.

phaze

How often does that happen though in order to be called generic? I can probably count on my hand the number of characters who get Captain America'd and are the leads of their stories.

I might have meant the ancient mecha and not Kennosuke when writing that part but I'm not sure if that's not just me trying to weasel out of admitting my wrong !

Big Order 04

No childbirth/10

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 6

Turning manga sound effects into weapons now.

The villain this time around was essentially a weaker Steely Dan, with the way his power isn't exactly effective and relies on him playing dirty and his opponent to be gullible. And at the same time he still managed to come off as a legit threat in this episode.

Sasuga Jojo.

Eumi

They should have sent a poet.

Is Luluco the most genetically superior heroine ever? Her mums a space pirate and her dads a space detective. I really hope they get back together after this season, I wanna see everyday life in that household.

pbayne

Kare Kano 7-8

Even though the teachers trying to break them up was a bit forced, i forgive it for setting up the most heartwarming speech from Yuki's dad. Just realized he's the same VA as Sakuragi from Slam Dunk, so i keep expecting him to shout out "Genius...Rukawa....Gorilla".
8 was just a flat out gorgeous episode and so full of creativity. That kiss scene, just aw great stuff. Showing a bit of Arima's initial affection for Yukiko also adds a nice layer to for looking back at episode one.
Im still waiting for them to get over that old first name barrel. Because i know itll happen sooner or later and its one of those romance anime cliches that i always enjoy.

Kuromukuro 5
I like this show, but blonde girl is the worst. I'm dreading her continuing to get a larger role because she drags down every scene she is in.

Concrete Revolutio 18

The scene with the anti-superhuman flu shots kinda took me out of the moment, a bit too edgy for my tastes, just give her a giant fake mustache and a top hat at that point!

Kikko's character seems to be going places. it feels like they're setting her up for a giant breakdown scene or something, wonder how that's going to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom