• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Macross Δ 7
EP4HYugl.jpg

Best cat themed episode 7 since Phantom World episode 7.

Space Patrol Lululco 8

So season 3 is just Trigger advertising their other series, if LWA is as funny as this episode was I guess I should check it out was that girl an actual LWA character or a parody of one?

Moaradin

Space Patrol Lululco 8

So season 3 is just Trigger advertising their other series, if LWA is as funny as this episode was I guess I should check it out was that girl an actual LWA character or a parody of one?

Actual character. And you should. LWA is the best thing Trigger has done.

TUSR

Banned
I forget which TRIGGER artist it was that expressed how much they enjoyed drawing Suzy.

No surprise she showed up of all the characters in the recent Luluco episode.

Neon Genesis Evangelion 5 [Watchbet]

Rei and Shinji's dad have an...interesting relationship. Shinji must not feel fantastic how his dad treats other kids better than him. It's good to see that Evangelion isn't above normal anime cliches either (the whole Shinji/Rei situation in her apartment). The end of the episode took an interesting turn. OP is still boss. I feel like I have more questions now about the show than I did initially. Give me some answers Evangelion!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Even if Re:Zero wastes a lot of its time going over the same sequences, I enjoy seeing how the characters respond to a steadily more traumatized and jaded Subaru.

It's not a good thing for a serial anime that probably won't ever adapt all the material, or any kind of story period, but in heat of the moment it's a fun exploration of the time looping conceit.

Kanon 1-11 [Rewatch]

It's been so long since I had watched this. I originally watched this before I joined GAF and before I watched Clannad.

Now after all these years I am finally rewatching it and I forgot how much I actually enjoy the show. Yuichi is such a funny guy and a great prankster. Definitely cut from the same cloth as Tomoya. I forgot how much they poke fun at "Uguu" that Ayu always says. It's great. Completely forgot about Makoto's arc for whatever reason and
was heartbroken all over again
. Auuuu!

I am really bad at finishing rewatches but I am going to make a big effort to watch complete this one as I am basically going in blind again as I am hazy on many details. ^_^

Neon Genesis Evangelion 5 [Watchbet]

Rei and Shinji's dad have an...interesting relationship. Shinji must not feel fantastic how his dad treats other kids better than him. It's good to see that Evangelion isn't above normal anime cliches either (the whole Shinji/Rei situation in her apartment). The end of the episode took an interesting turn. OP is still boss. I feel like I have more questions now about the show than I did initially. Give me some answers Evangelion!

If anything Evangelion's the show that made those cliches really popular.

Just wait until you meet Asuka.

Kiznaiver 07

Such a beautiful ending to Maki's arc. Now the. truly are friends. This also reinforces a point I made about two weeks ago, about Yuta arguably being one of the most caring characters in the group.

It's safe to say that this will be my AOTS, but I also think this will go up as one of my favourite anime period. This is no Hyouka, or Rakugo, or Steins;Gate but it stands on its own as a show that was able to use the most "anime" characters, personalities and traits and make them work in a believable and human way that makes you feel for them.

Super excited to see next week's episode

I'm suprised to see Re:Zero become really popular all of a sudden. I mean from what I saw it barely had any recognition or hype behind it. It seems like it's really popular on Reddit more so than Boku no Hero Academia.

Also I'm suprised to hear Boku no Hero Academia anime is paced really slow considering the manga has a really fast pace.

Cornbread78

Kanon 1-11 [Rewatch]
It's been so long since I had watched this. I originally watched this before I joined GAF and before I watched Clannad.

Now after all these years I am finally rewatching it and I forgot how much I actually enjoy the show. Yuichi is such a funny guy and a great prankster. Definitely cut from the same cloth as Tomoya. I forgot how much they poke fun at "Uguu" that Ayu always says. It's great. Completely forgot about Makoto's arc for whatever reason and
was heartbroken all over again
. Auuuu!

I am really bad at finishing rewatches but I am going to make a big effort to watch complete this one as I am basically going in blind again as I am hazy on many details. ^_^

Beautiful. I need to rewatch this as well at some point, maybe the dubbed version. Same for Clannad, since I watched both subbed..

What's wrong, don't like Shu Hitler?

Yeah, like talk about whiplash.... That and Inori's sudden change, no relationship development and they reversed all of Shu's development.... c'mon..

Jintor

I blame the slot, but it might also just be their adaptation decision, plus the production pipeline.

I also think manga-wise they're only, like, I dunno... what I'd call something like 4 or 5 arcs in, so maybe for a shonen they wanna spread that out over time.

btw it just occured to me, are the BGs in the latest luluco literally straight out of Trigger's other shows? Like same camera angle, same assets? Seemed like it

Cornbread78

I'm suprised to see Re:Zero become really popular all of a sudden. I mean from what I saw it barely had any recognition or hype behind it. It seems like it's really popular on Reddit more so than Boku no Hero Academia.

Also I'm suprised to hear Boku no Hero Academia anime is paced really slow considering the manga has a really fast pace.

Yeah, ReZero was anot awesome surprise for the season. It was on my "must watch" list early and I should have done an OT for it instead of The Lost Village...

My uneducated guess on MHA is that they are just planning it to run for multiple cours and felt this slow presentation/pacing style was the best way to do it.

Yeah, ReZero was anot awesome surprise for the season. It was on my "must watch" list early and I should have done an OT for it instead of The Lost Village...

My uneducated guess on MHA is that they are just planning it to run for multiple cours and felt this slow presentation/pacing style was the best way to do it.

It's alright everyone makes mistakes.

Cornbread78

It's alright everyone makes mistakes.

I don't see the show as airing during the summer season, so it must be split cour.
I'll put one together when they air the second cour, lol.

I am gonna need your MAL info one of these days so we can figure out what the other hasn't watched and watchbet each other. ^_^

Same as here:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cornbread78

I just have to finish Kill Me Baby for BGBW and Nijiiro Days for Payne first. Then your game, lol.

trejo

Re Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 8

Oh hey what a nice moment between those two. The episode did a good job portraying how obvious it was to everyone how Subaru was putting up a facade and how his past experiences were eating away at him inside so it's really nice how Lia took it upon herself to---

giphy.gif

Tanaka-kun 7

I laughed out loud during this episode more than probably any other episode. It was gold. The part where he
opens his bag, notices the chocolate, and pauses long enough for the title screen to come in
. I was laughing so hard at that point. Then when he opened the note I just lost it. I am having a good time with this show and its own unique humor.

Same as here:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cornbread78

I just have to finish Kill Me Baby for BGBW and Nijiiro Days for Payne first. Then your game, lol.

Oh sweet. Me too. My account should be the same as here:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/PshycoNinja

Jintor

Tanaka-kun 7

I laughed out loud during this episode more than probably any other episode. It was gold. The part where he
opens his bag, notices the chocolate, and pauses long enough for the title screen to come in
. I was laughing so hard at that point. Then when he opened the note I just lost it. I am having a good time with this show and its own unique humor.

the title screen gag gets me every time, but it was really good this ep.

Re:Zero 08

This episode was cool because right at the start we see Subaru thinking in game logic. The paths he took had clear steps and outcomes, so he traced those back and got a lead. The delivery when he was on
Emilia's lap crying
was pretty damn good.

Also just realized, we are about 1/3 into this show. I'm gonna say that we are going to get another 2 or so episodes until we finish the mansion arc.

I'm too busy with UC4, Valkyria Chronicles Remaster and Disgaea 5 to play Overwatch..
If there is one recommendation I can give you is to soak UC4 in. Don't rush it. Trust me, I did not play at a crazy pace or anything, I beat the game in 14hrs or so, but I still wished I had taken longer with the characters before getting to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom