• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

On second thought, re-reading some of the NGNL discussion of the last couple of pages, I think I'll just leave it be. I really like the premise but it seems like it just won't be worth the effort.

A pity.

What kind of show are you looking to watch? We can give you sone other recommendations.

duckroll

It's a shame Inafune gets so much shit since I find Red Ash design so good. I'm still hoping it's going to be good.

Is it really a shame? I mean if he actually managed to deliver and release things that people actually agree are good, he wouldn't get so much shit. Trying to dangle one idea after another in front of people when you can't deliver anything will give you that reputation. Having good ideas and concepts is easy, releasing actual good products is hard.

TrueBlue

What kind of show are you looking to watch? We can give you sone other recommendations.

Honestly, I'm up for most things as long as it's good. The only reason I asked about NGNL was because I saw it on a WatchMojo vid and remembered it was available on UK Crunchyroll :lol

I won't lose any sleep over it, there's plenty more fish in the sea. Your Lie in April is available on UK Netflix, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Kuromkuro 09

Is PA Works using that Akagi dude to mock harem show MC lol.
And "ask me nicely and i will get in the robot" scene is unexpected but actually make sense!

Is it really a shame? I mean if he actually managed to deliver and release things that people actually agree are good, he wouldn't get so much shit. Trying to dangle one idea after another in front of people when you can't deliver anything will give you that reputation. Having good ideas and concepts is easy, releasing actual good products is hard.
Sorry i think what I meant the shit Inafune gets is deserved but I find that it's a shame since I really like his works and what he is involved in.

Azure striker Gunvolt, MN9 and Red Ash for exemple.

Did I make more sense or did further confused you?

duckroll

Sorry i think what I meant the shit Inafune gets is deserved but I find that it's a shame since I really like his works and what he is involved in.

Azure striker Gunvolt, MN9 and Red Ash for exemple.

Did I make more sense or did further confused you?

I'm not confused, I'm just saying that I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt because I think until he puts up, he can shut up instead. Gunvolt was massively disappointing, and well... the other two... one isn't out and the other doesn't exist. Lol.

Cornbread78

Honestly, I'm up for most things as long as it's good. The only reason I asked about NGNL was because I saw it on a WatchMojo vid and remembered it was available on UK Crunchyroll :lol

I won't lose any sleep over it, there's plenty more fish in the sea. Your Lie in April is available on UK Netflix, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

Great choice right there. There is some mood whiplash (didn't bother me at all) but it was a great experience overall and one of my favs.

I'm not confused, I'm just saying that I no longer give him the benefit of the doubt because I think until he puts up, he can shut up instead. Gunvolt was massively disappointing, and well... the other two... one isn't out and the other doesn't exist. Lol.
Well we can judge further soon with MN9 coming soon and AZG2 coming this summer I think. I like to be positive, this guy did create one of my favourite series after all.

Can anyone tell me where this is from because holy shit the animation on it is gorgeous.

http://i.4cdn.org/co/1464950689462.webm

If you can't open it Looks like 80’s from the style. Opens on a desert then some baroque fighter planes and tanks zoom by following by a large white zeppelin like floating ship, very wide. Transition to a women in fancy rounded white scifi armor playing with some doodad. Zoom out to show her on top of some sort of desert city/ruins maybe shaped like a round pyramid with the top cut off. She puts the doodad in to a slot on her armor and a big guns grows out of the chest plate, she leans back and fires it. Cut to a low angle shot from a distance looking at where she was. A large blast of energy comes towards the viewer blowing the ground away. First the tanks, then the fighters are destroyed. Then the large ship is hit. It is charred brown and there are explosions all over it but it stlll flys. All of this is heavily greebled.

duckroll

Can anyone tell me where this is from because holy shit the animation on it is gorgeous.

If you can't open it Looks like 80’s from the style. Opens on a desert then some baroque fighter planes and tanks zoom by following by a large white zeppelin like floating ship, very wide. Transition to a women in fancy rounded white scifi armor playing with some doodad. Zoom out to show her on top of some sort of desert city/ruins maybe shaped like a round pyramid with the top cut off. She puts the doodad in to a slot on her armor and a big guns grows out of the chest plate, she leans back and fires it. Cut to a low angle shot from a distance looking at where she was. A large blast of energy comes towards the viewer blowing the ground away. First the tanks, then the fighters are destroyed. Then the large ship is hit. It is charred brown and there are explosions all over it but it stlll flys. All of this is heavily greebled.

Looks like Dragon's Heaven.

Theonik

Also next time please rehost webms from 4chan before posting them here.

TrueBlue

Do share what else is on UK Netflix. You can probably pick something better than Your Lie in April.

Heh.

To be fair, I have watched a couple of series on there that I really enjoyed, Psycho Pass and Yuki Yuna come to mind. FMA Brotherhood and Steins Gate are on there too, but I've already seen them.

That's only off the top of my head, I'll have a proper look when I get home from work.

Cornbread78

Do share what else is on UK Netflix. You can probably pick something better than Your Lie in April.

No, just no. Blurr, your better than this, lol.

Wait, I just found this and had to laugh...

nVAI8fN.jpg

Perfect for a Friday.

duckroll

Attack on Train - Episode 7

Could have been worse. Not a bad idea to have a cooling down episode. Not super interesting either though. I see Levi has arrived, along with his elite Survey Corps. Roflmao.

Attack on Train - Episode 8

Going full edgelord again. Why is it not surprising that the true enemy of humanity is humanity itself in every zombie story. Well, at least this means there's a good chance the finale will have an epic sword fight at the end... The bikes were lol, but the double Kabaneri vs Mutant Mid-boss was cool. Can't get over how Levi the Governor Biba-"The Bro"-Sama looks like a fucking Code Geass character. In fact, his entire squad does. Lol.

Attack on Train - Episode 7

Could have been worse. Not a bad idea to have a cooling down episode. Not super interesting either though. I see Levi has arrived, along with his elite Survey Corps. Roflmao.

Attack on Train - Episode 8

Going full edgelord again. Why is it not surprising that the true enemy of humanity is humanity itself in every zombie story. Well, at least this means there's a good chance the finale will have an epic sword fight at the end... The bikes were lol, but the double Kabaneri vs Mutant Mid-boss was cool. Can't get over how Levi the Governor Biba-"The Bro"-Sama looks like a fucking Code Geass character. In fact, his entire squad does. Lol.
I was hoping the brother would actually be an ok dude and the MC would feel like an ass, but then I forgot this is anime and anytime the MC has a bad feeling about someone they are always right.

duckroll

I was hoping the brother would actually be an ok dude and the MC would feel like an ass, but then I forgot this is anime and anytime the MC has a bad feeling about someone they are always right.

I like how the direction made Ikoma seem like such an unreasonable douche. First he already approached it with a biased mindset, without even knowing the guy. Then after it seemed like he was wrong about the guy's intentions, he misunderstood AGAIN when there was an assassination attempt on him. His conjecture was flimsy, and even if it was his OPINION that the guy was "no hero", it seemed like something that could be a grey area given that this is a tough world. But nope, before the episode ends we have to go FULL VILLAIN. Lol.

Qurupeke

I like how the direction made Ikoma seem like such an unreasonable douche. First he already approached it with a biased mindset, without even knowing the guy. Then after it seemed like he was wrong about the guy's intentions, he misunderstood AGAIN when there was an assassination attempt on him. His conjecture was flimsy, and even if it was his OPINION that the guy was "no hero", it seemed like something that could be a grey area given that this is a tough world. But nope, before the episode ends we have to go FULL VILLAIN. Lol.

The end was actually hilarious. He was only missing an evil laugh.

Agreed.

I just assumed Ikoma was acting like that cause 'totally jealous of guy the girl he likes admires' and he was doing an extremely good job of making an ass of himself the entire episode.

I fully expect Biba to meet his end with both Ikoma and Mumei pushing him off the train into the arms of a horde while the rest of his crew is somehow knocked off as well.

pbayne

Lol at the escalation of Biba-sama's villianry, it was ridiculous.
The last few episodes have really trivialized the Kabane themselves. They seem like cannon fodder now that exist solely so the characters can do awesome shit to them.

Concrete Revolutio Episode 22 The Age of Giant Gods
CkB0Ut1UoAAmT4B.jpg

I liked the use of the movie along with the scenes of Jiro in the helmet to enhance his backstory. Worked well with the Fuurouta giving him a talking to in the terrorist robot scene

Fuurouta still makes the best faces.
CkB1oewUUAAm0rW.jpg
CkB3CSdVAAE1gaK.jpg

Qurupeke

Concrete Revolutio 22

Many Giant Robots in this one. The Equus upgrade was pretty deadly. And that twist with Jiro. I loved how both the events on the real world and the movie concluded to that fact, pretty cool.

Next episode seems to be about Emi. Finally.

duckroll

Lol at the escalation of Biba-sama's villianry, it was ridiculous.
The last few episodes have really trivialized the Kabane themselves. They seem like cannon fodder now that exist solely so the characters can do awesome shit to them.

But that's pretty much every zombie story though. It has gotten to the point where just following things by the book means that zombies aren't really a threat in terms of being deadly so much as the manifestation of a disaster in the setting such that the characters can first learn to live around the issue and then later overcome it, and additionally it allows bad humans to expose their dark sides and step up as the real villains.

Every. Single. Zombie. Story.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But that's pretty much every zombie story though. It has gotten to the point where just following things by the book means that zombies aren't really a threat in terms of being deadly so much as the manifestation of a disaster in the setting such that the characters can first learn to live around the issue and then later overcome it, and additionally it allows bad humans to expose their dark sides and step up as the real villains.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yup Night of The Living Dead on an interminable loop over and over at least Dawn of the Dead introduced us to the other now hackneyed trope 'zombies as allegory for consumer culture'. If you don't nail your characters zombie stories get old fast, it's why I put down season 2 of Walking Dead and haven't been able to go back

Kuromukuro 9
Between the two douchebag streaming guys and the blonde girl this show really has some of the most annoying side characters that shit up every scene they are in.

Zombie shows have unbelievably bad character writing so it sucks that every single one of them ever ends up on the "actually humans are the real monsters...we are the walkign dead...deep..." path. I guess no one writing zombie stories is clever enough to think of anything else?

I blame Dawn of the Dead and Resident Evil.

Jarmel

Banned

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Watch Fafner lol.

Zombie shows have unbelievably bad character writing so it sucks that every single one of them ever ends up on the "actually humans are the real monsters...we are the walkign dead...deep..." path. I guess no one writing zombie stories is clever enough to think of anything else?

I think the issue is with every other classic monster they have goals and emotions, e.g. the tragedy of Frankenstein rejected by his creator and ever alone, but zombies are by definition mindless. It's revealing that most stories that aren't about humans being the bad guys all along break the traditional zombie by having them express thoughts and emotions. Your traditional zombie is a falling rock, dangerous if you're in the way but what the hell else do you do with it otherwise?

Deadly

Kuromukuro
Seriously that streaming guy is annoying. How the fuck was he not arrested or something? Otherwise interesting development, could the mutated thing be her dad?

Kuromukuro 09

Please get in the damn robot Yukina. I guess Akagi and Kaya will be relegated to clown status.

Also pretty cool to see they make new and useful equipment for the GAUS units.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Yeah, seem to be a common theme for every serious zombie movie. At least there's Shaun of the dead and Zombieland.

Line_HTX

Space PatrOL LULUco 10

6zdtzDT.png

Midori derpiness.

kV7vV0E.png

This episode... is brilliant. It speaks to me about what I don't like about Studio Trigger and its trumped up hype, Bah Gawd!

After that piece of shit the previous episode, this one absolutely delivered. Blackholeian was amazing. No wonder Nova was quiet, because he was nothing. And they were all NOTHING!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 10:

Okay, is somebody at Trigger going through a nasty divorce and wishes to see all loved drained from the TCU because between this episode of Luluco and the last episode of Kiznaiver I said god damn those are some wonderfully broken hopes and dreams.

pbayne

Princess Tutu 2-3

I feel foolish for calling Nadesico wtf worthy because this is on a whole other level. Giant anteater dancing ballet.

Im guessing both Rue and Fakir are the raven maybe? I love everything surrounding Dressmyler's role atm, its very vague and really makes you think what perspective the story is being told in. Is he really dead, or is he still in the process of writing the story-which would explain why he's the narrator and has insight into events in the future and can seemingly be everywhere.

Luluco 10

So the dad has turned into Krang?

Eumi

10/10, twist of the century, Trigger saved anime so hard they're pretty much ruining it again, Za Nothingu! etc. etc.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Season 2, Episode 10:

I am growing beyond wary of these side distractions from the main conflict, I suppose in a narrative sense it was nice to see Hiyou's arc closed with this episode but he was also a chracter that I literally forgot existed until said episode so meh good riddance.

Jarmel

Banned
Kabaneri-

This is bad for a lot of reasons. The first is that it's drawing out Ikoma's annoing tendencies in that he can be really inflexible and is a bit self-righteous. Then there's Beiber who just happens to be an outright villain for seemingly plot exclusive purposes only. I know the writing hasn't been exactly smart prior to this episode but it feels especially stupid now. The whole key thing was extremely idiotic both in concept and execution.

Kagewani II 10

9mluh5U.jpg

What's that gross smell? Smells like Yamishibai S3

Yeah alright you already did a Tremors episode in the first season, except this was more like the direct to DVD Tremors 5. No Kevin Bacon, either. You lose points for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom