• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 9

Probably one of the weaker episodes. I enjoy the character interactions and the facial expressions a lot, but the fight was kinda boring this week, and I felt some parts of the episode could have benefited from more ambitious storyboarding or direction. The mass driver flight scene in particular felt really meh in terms of visuals compared to the excitement and surprise of the characters.

I'm disappointed that the two dumb school bros didn't learn anything from their previous misadventure and the show seems to be giving them way too much room to do stupid shit that just undermines my ability to give a shit about their future wellbeing. The stuff between Kennosuke and Yukina were pretty well done though. I'm not a fan of using amnesia or mindwipe to "reset" stuff after a character discovers something they're not supposed to, so I hope that thing with her dad doesn't remain a mystery for long. Felt like lazy writing to delay a subplot after teasing it.

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 22

This was a very well written episode with super sporty direction. The way the scenes flowed felt jumbled and the usual use of music and sound to elevate the visuals just wasn't present here. I think the execution was disappointing somewhat, but the direction the narrative is going is excellent. Lots of character stuff revealed here, and the way it cut between the movie and the flashbacks would have been really powerful if it was better managed. I don't know what was really missing but it felt like a messy episode. I loved the dialogue though.

And goddamnit.... NARAG WAS RIGHT. Wow.

Space Patrol Luluco - Season 4 Episode 1

Someone stop Trigger. Please. People are getting hurt here. A lot. In the brain. Stop Imaishi. Stop!!!!

My excitement for this JoJo episode is the same level as the Hunter x Hunter episode where Gon and Pitou fight.

Except this episode is about spaghetti and how dudes don't eat pudding

Space Patrol Luluco Season 4 Episode 1

God damn I can't think of an enemy that has ever gotten so venomous towards it's lead in terms of completely crushing everything about them.

jman2050

Space Patrol Luluco 10

Midori stole the show with an assist from JUSTICE.

Literally crushing the hopes and dreams of an innocent young girl, Imaishi's got issues man.

Line_HTX

Help me out here. What's so special about this Jojo episode that one waited 10 years for? Is there something more than just eating spaghetti, because damn, while I love spaghetti and everything, I don't understand what the big deal is.

Eumi

Help me out here. What's so special about this Jojo episode that one waited 10 years for? Is there something more than just eating spaghetti, because damn, while I love spaghetti and everything, I don't understand what the big deal is.

I don't think you quite understand just how much Italian food our boys are going to be eating.

JoJo's Bizarre $30 Italian Meal

HkkmovV.jpg
Tsad4PM.jpg
korRcAA.jpg

Perfetto.

So much fun character art, both comedic and hyper stylized. Josuke's eyes looked a bit Disney-esque a few times, but whoever they chose to do this episode's art did it soooo goood.

Like I said before its hard to talk about this show because it's just so fantastic that there isn't a whole lot to say other then that it is fantastic. DP is running out of parks to knock it out of.

That teeth scene was super gross tho. Icky.

I must be the only one with a huge list then. Way more shows than this season.

Although if I remember correctly I had a ton of them for this season too, and my list was narrowed down severely within 2 weeks of the season starting.

I don't see how anyone could consider a season with 91 Days, Battery, Days, Mob Psycho 100, Orange, and Sweetness and Lightning, plus continuations of Jojo and Kuromukuro, to look "barren".

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 10:

Welp, it took us long enough but we reach the top of the mountain, peak Jojo indeed.

Moaradin

I don't see how anyone could consider a season with 91 Days, Battery, Days, Mob Psycho 100, Orange, and Sweetness and Lightning, plus continuations of Jojo and Kuromukuro, to look "barren".

Sure there's stuff. I'm just talking about stuff I'm interested in specifically. A lot of that doesn't stick out to me at all. 91 Days could be interesting, but it could also just be another Joker Game and I forget about it after 2 episodes.

Of course continuing shows like JoJo and other returning shows like Arslan and Souma are good as well. I'm not counting those.

I agree 100%. There's more stuff like Soma that everyone on here enjoys, so when I read that there is "nothing" I just can't help but scratch my head. Compared to what we have this season it looks just as serviceable.

duckroll

Things I might watch in Summer: 91 Days, Mob Psycho 100, Berserk, Drifters (?), Thunderbolt Fantasy, Wife Beater Power Source Military Weapon DTL Baseball of Five Leaves.

Will probably drop all of them anyway because anime sucks.

I know nothing about these shows except MP100, and am not watching the continuations.

It's fine to not do any research into upcoming anime, just don't bother to issue an uninformed opinion then!

Sure there's stuff. I'm just talking about stuff I'm interested in specifically. A lot of that doesn't stick out to me at all. 91 Days could be interesting, but it could also just be another Joker Game and I forget about it after 2 episodes.

Of course continuing shows like JoJo and other returning shows like Arslan and Souma are good as well. I'm not counting those.

Of course, everybody has their own tastes. It just seems like a pretty varied season with a number of promising shows with promising material, promising staff, and promising PVs, so unless your tastes are narrow it seems strange to consider it a bust already. Anything can go awry no matter how much promise it looks to have, but that's the nature of TV. Also, I don't get this anime fan thing of considering any series that doesn't start for the very first time in a certain season to no longer exist.

Berserk will probably be one of the better things next season simply because it's Berserk.

You can only fuck it up so much.

Its fucking Berserk, a cursed property.

You shouldn't be thinking "aww man maybe this won't suck as much as it looks like it will" you should be thinking "Aww hell yeah Berserk is awesome and this should be awesome too"

Feltrol

Banned
Diamond is Unbreakable - Ep. 10

I was mad that
Toni was hurting yet another dog (surprise!), but in the end, it was all a misunderstanding.

One of my favorite JoJo episodes of all time.

duckroll

I personally believe that while AnimeGAF might never accept the Berserk series after being fundamentally opposed to it in advance, that it will probably be pretty popular with people who do want to see more Berserk animated. I just hope it doesn't hold back on account of also being on MBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom