• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:Zero 11

Absolutely LOVED how far back this show took us to see Rem and Ram. Who would have known things were the way they were. Finally we see the end of this arc and I can't wait to see what Subaru will be facing next.

I bet it's a massive overreaction and the next arc will be good. Show's been legitimately great so far, I doubt that's going to get thrown out the window with the next arc.

Oh really, you don't say.

I don't think you guys realize just how detailed the spoilers I have are.

I'm not talking about little points on what happens here and there, I'm talking about full-length summaries of what happens in the arcs.

I certainly don't think it's an overreaction.

I don't think you guys realize just how detailed the spoilers I have are.

I'm not talking about little points on what happens here and there, I'm talking about full-length summaries of what happens in the arcs.

I certainly don't think it's an overreaction.

We like to overreact, but I recall him getting extremely defensive because someone didn't like a show he enjoyed a season or two ago.

I wasn't even looking to be disappointed, but I have been tired of specific aspects of the show the next arc only makes worst, so I just don't feel like watching.

Cornbread78

Katanagatari ep.8
katanagatari-8-02.jpg

That was a pretty sweet battle with an evil sentry doll, that looked a little like a female doll Goro.

Watching our MC "sword" grow in heart, body and soul has been fun and he took yet another step into humanity. At the same time his relationship with Togame continues to grow as well as his recognition of her quirks as a partner. Really gods moments with the tickling abd the forced hug; very subtle, but very cute and effective at the same time. "I'm not going to let you sleep tonight" teeheehee.

At least no one got called a cunt this time.

Though it does feel like this spoiler stuff has probably ruined future Re:Zero discussion here.

nah, I mean I was already barely discussing it, and those who were haven't spoiled themselves as far as I see, and they enjoyed the show. All this means is that they'll continue to enjoy it, and I'm dropping it now while it ends on a high note.

I have been hearing more more at many different places that there is a possibility that a Shaman king remake might be done...Maaan would that be amazing!

Still it's nothing official so i'm not giving it too much hope but I do dream of the possibility.

We like to overreact, but I recall him getting extremely defensive because someone didn't like a show he enjoyed a season or two ago.

Glad to see that giving this thread another shot turned out just as well as last time.

At least no one got called a cunt this time.

I could again if you really want.

People get defensive because there is an extremely thick "clique"ish subculture to the anime fandom on this board, specifically in this thread, that oftentimes makes it incredibly difficult to discuss anime because instead of level-headed dislike of something being not to someone's taste or not up to their standards of quality or whatever everyone is competing to put down shit in as hyperbolic and verbally abusive a way as possible. I posted maybe three times in here to start, trying to join a discussion on how sometimes there is good anime that is unfortunately wrapped in fan-service garbage shells and that a tolerance for that can allow you to find an anime that has other redeeming qualities but is understandable if others aren't willing to give it a try. I used Blade and Soul as an example and apparently this was so offensive to a poster that they needed to write a fucking college thesis on why the anime I used as an example was fucking garbage.

After that kind of shit why would anyone want to discuss anime in this thread? This kind of shit is incredibly toxic. Recommendations come out fine and freely but how many new faces come back and stay without ignoring a lot of the shit that gets bandied about as shows they want to discuss or talk about or get excited about are called edgy tryhard garbage that is worse than cancer?

It's not about everyone doing it and everyone calls everyone else's anime shit because not everyone fucking does it. Some of these people have the patience of a saint dealing with the garbage you sling at them regularly. Cornbread has to put up with so much shit and no it's not good-natured ribbing because the edge that everybody puts into their digging insults isn't the shit that friends do with each other it's the shit that bullies do and follow up with "Relax dude we were just joking" before pushing them even more to the sidelines in their community.

And if everyone is fucking doing it? Maybe it should stop.

This thread is toxic and "your favorite anime is shit" isn't helping it be somewhere where people can enjoy talking about anime.

I wasn't attacking you I was simply pointing out what happened last time, but you DID get defensive over him essentially saying an inoffensive comment when your issue was with other posters. And now we have accusations of people overreacting when most folks are enjoying the show and only a few of us have read the summary of the next arc and have said we aren't looking forward to it. Proper direction isn't going to make material I dislike better, so why continue watching.

I've had plenty of situations I enjoy shows people here don't give a fuck about, Tanaka and Sakamoto kun being two currently airing. Folks have expressed their distaste for both shows. It's whatever. Won't stop my enjoyment, and us not enjoying this and laughing at what we consider edgy writing shouldn't stop you from enjoying it if you truly do.

Is this just people being upset about some kind of hive mind mentality where people don't like something

I think Duckroll's been pretty clear about this stuff.

That has to be the best description of anime-gaf ever! I back your statement 100% since I could never write how I think as clear as you just did. toxic is the right word.

Everytime people bring up a hivemind attack on AnimeGAF it has to do with our collective thoughts on SAO which most agree in. But I'd like to point to ToonamiGAF which had essentially the same reactions, and people posting these thoughts on SAO threads that aren't even posters in this community.

We have people here who enjoy SAO. I enjoy Pyscho-Pass and get friendly jabs at me, it's all in good fun.

Aki-at

I have been hearing more more at many different places that there is a possibility that a Shaman king remake might be done...Maaan would that be amazing!

Still it's nothing official so i'm not giving it too much hope but I do dream of the possibility.

Did the manga get completed? I swear I remember reading it just sort of ended without resolving much. Though I'd be down for more Shaman King, hopefully this time without the dubbed butchering haha.

Everytime people bring up a hivemind attack on AnimeGAF it has to do with our collective thoughts on SAO which most agree in. But I'd like to point to ToonamiGAF which had essentially the same reactions, and people posting these thoughts on SAO threads that aren't even posters in this community.

We have people here who enjoy SAO. I enjoy Pyscho-Pass and get friendly jabs at me, it's all in good fun.

Well if you see most of this as mostly friendly jab good for you but I think anime-gaf as this sort of easy negative feeling going with it. It's very jarring to read sometime even when I know some are being sarcastic like mister duck.

Did the manga get completed? I swear I remember reading it just sort of ended without resolving much. Though I'd be down for more Shaman King, hopefully this time without the dubbed butchering haha.
It was completed and the ending was great but I just really want see all the cool transformation the other anime never animated hehe. Oh and yea! i'm a 100% with you on the dubbed butchering the anime. Hopefully it wouldn't happen with a new anime!

Well if you see most of this as mostly friendly jab good for you but I think anime-gaf as this sort of easy negative feeling going with it. It's very jarring to read sometime even when I know some are being sarcastic like mister duck.

It was completed and the ending was great but I just really want see all the cool transformation the other anime never animated.

You're seeing what you want to see, I don't exactly see people getting attacked in here or mean-spirited shit.

It used to be here, I was the target of the more mean-spirited humor fairly often. But that shit hasn't really happened for a while now.

Narag

animegaf being mean is a played out meme that seems to persist since people aren't willing to overlook the shortcomings of a work like others wish they would

animegaf being mean is a played out meme that seems to persist since people aren't willing to overlook the shortcomings of a work like others wish they would

I think the opposite can be said were anime-gaf over emphasize on the negative of an anime when it's never as bad as they make it out to be. I think Your lie in April was victim of this recently.

Narag

I'll give it to you now.

JoJo
Mob Psycho 100 (One Punch effect)
MHA
Euphonium S2
Rakugo

Maybe even in that order. Voting done....

will obv be Erased #1 due to the feels followed by IBO thanks to the Toonami Effect™

I think the opposite can be said were anime-gaf over emphasize on the negative of an anime when it's never as bad as they make it out to be. I think Your lie in April was victim of this recently.

There's no denying this happens at times but fans of these shows typically take it entirely too personal and often argue against individual interpretation in an attempt to shut out criticism and discussion. Not everyone is going to agree about everything. Ttme spent in the thread lets one cultivate a sense of who has similar tastes and can be trusted in their assessment. Everyone has different levels of tolerance though which is probably why I eat out of the garbage for fantasy anime like woofington does for scifi, often overlooking flaws to a fault.

Jintor

but just because it wasn't as bad to you doesn't mean it wasn't bad to them

Cornbread78

will obv be Erased #1 due to the feels followed by IBO thanks to the Toonami Effect™

But everyone here said it was ruined and destroyed by cliffhangers, so obviously that's not gonna happen.

How the voting thread will go:

Rakugo =
AnimeGAF: 10/10++++++++ "Masterpiece"
Everyone else: 7/10 "huh, never heard of it"

Erased =
AnimeGAF: 7/10 "Fucking bullshit cliffhangers" "Airi sucks" "Plot sucks" "everything after ep.5 sucks"

Everyone else : "amazing " "demand feels" "cucked, lol"

MHA =
Most of AnimeGAF: "Fuck that show"

Everyone else: "The greatest fucking thing ever"

And how do you quantify that?

You can't everyone is wrong and right at the same time. My statement was a simple counter-argument to Narag saying some people were overly positive to some show to a fault.
There's no denying this happens at times but fans of these shows typically take it entirely too personal and often argue against individual interpretation in an attempt to shut out criticism and discussion. Not everyone is going to agree about everything. Ttme spent in the thread lets one cultivate a sense of who has similar tastes and can be trusted in their assessment. Everyone has different levels of tolerance though which is probably why I eat out of the garbage for fantasy anime like woofington does for scifi, often overlooking flaws to a fault.
I agree with you 100%! I just thought your statement needed some corrections.

A good step to take is instead of saying "Why does everyone hate this thing" or "am i the only one who thinks x" or "I dont get the hate for x" you should like... try and provide a counterargument or have a discussion instead of asking a question so people can explain stuff to you

People don't just say "I hate this show!!!" most of the time.

JulianImp

I agree that AnimeGAF tends to be a bit of a walled community, but then again I'd rather have constant discussion of stuff rather than threads like JoJo's, where people post impressions for one or two days and then the rest of the week are the equivalent of filler episodes while the community waits for the next one to air.

And every now and then someone watches some old anime and their reviews prompt me to add it to my watchlist. Seasonal shows are a great starting point IMO, but it's always cool to see someone pick up an old show and talking about it.

Still, if you're looking for proof that AnimeGAF's a very small community you needn't look further than Cornbread's let's watch threads, which kept attracting the same group of members over and over, only in diminishing numbers after we got burned out by awful stuff such as Sunday Without God or decided to watch Mirai Nikki. I kind of miss watching shows and posting impressions alongside everybody else on a daily basis, but then again I guess things couldn't keep going once the turnout got too low.

JulianImp

Konosuba better win :v

I can't really think of anything this year :/ need to catch up on anime.

My list so far would probably be:

Rakugo (very fresh and almost un-anime)
------------Valley goes here------------
Re:Zero (I never though I'd actually like a serious isekai RPG show)
Kiznaiver (kind of like more Kokoro Connect, which I appreciate)
Konosuba (the earlier "fun" isekai RPG show, only with comedy instead of drama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom