• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Netoge 2

I'm digging it and will continue to watch. It was a bit cringy in the classroom tho XD

0xL4LvU.jpg

This picture is great for sports trash talking.

Ah, so maybe we will get some dumb twists.

Speaking of dumb things.

Big Order Episode 1

Big Order, I have a feeling you'll reach even dumber heights than Future Diary.

e_i

Ah, so maybe we will get some dumb twists.

Speaking of dumb things.

Big Order Episode 1

Big Order, I have a feeling you'll reach even dumber heights than Future Diary.

You're in for a ride with this one. If you thought Future Diary was ridiculous...

kewlmyc

thanks to the earthquakes Kabaneri 2 has been delayed in every region until april 21st. It was up temp on the china stream but was taken down quickly.

no word on if there will be 2 episodes at some point or if the last episode of the series won't be aired until months later at this time.

odds are that we won't get a new episode of kabaneri for two weeks if you already saw 2 though.

I'm confused. So how are people posting impressions of it? People just watched the leaked Chinese version?

I am positive I red somewhere that they decided their release schedule and format based on the popularity of the streams. So blame people for not watching it. At the very least you are getting some sort of physical media.

If CR doesn't get a blu-ray i'll be sad :(

I just still dont understand a dvd only decision, its like 2016 and non long running shonen jump adaptations getting dvd only releases is very baffling even if views from streams were low.

zulux21

I just still dont understand a dvd only decision, its like 2016 and non long running shonen jump adaptations getting dvd only releases is very baffling even if views from streams were low.

from the skip beat kickstarter campaign, blu rays are still quite a bit more to produce than dvds.

if you don't think a show will sell a lot I can imagine why you would go dvd only.

Big Order Ep 1
Seemed dumb in a way that was looking enjoyable if not already dicey (bro-con signs out of the gate) but that audio over the end credits is very assaulty in a way that creeped me out.

Geez, first Funimation didn't completely sub Concrete Revolutio.

Now, Crunchyroll, not wanting to be outdone, didn't sub an entire episode.

Clov

Just finished watching my BD of Lupin III: Jigen's Gravestone! Like I expected, it's another great disc from Discotek. This is the first recent anime release I've gotten from them (my other Discotek BDs are of older films). The picture quality is great; I didn't spot any major problems at all. This film in particular looks incredible during its action sequences; definitely don't settle for DVD for this one.

One thing that did bother me though were the subtitles; I remember the previous Discotek BDs I've gotten having thin white subtitles which were easy on the eyes. This one features thick yellow ones instead; they're quite ugly, honestly. Not as ugly as a Sentai release or anything, but not very good. I hope they don't include those on their new releases going forward.

The packaging on the title is very nice; like their release of Night on the Galactic Railroad, the BD includes a slipcase and reversible cover art. One thing I noticed was how tight the slipcase was on the BD case. It's actually a bit difficult to get it off! Not sure if that's all of them or just my copy.

Anyway, if you really like the movie, the BD is another good effort from Discotek. No complaints outside of the ugly subtitles.

Big Order 1

Ahaha, I don't remember any of this. I'm gonna blame that on the disjointed plot and infrequent release schedule. Makes an impression, but not the same way Mirai Nikki does.

Do we have an episode count for this? Would be nice if we could get a full adaptation, but I doubt they'd try to cover 9 volumes in 1 cour.

The Lost Village Episode 3
Pretty compelling episode that finally truly drawed me in beyond just the Mitsumune Speedstar thing. Actually their moment was the best moment of the anime just for how Speedtar was and how he was right and then how Mitsumune was. Though I hope we still get more of their backstory. In any event, Mitsumune should really listen and stay out of other peoples stuff.
Still I loved how he did try to stand up for Jack. I mean I think thats really unfair they want to put him in that little chamber cage thing which could be dangerous since we don't know the area and all. But anyway he's probably just misunderstood and needs a friend. That was a really painful scene cause of the emotions and how unfair it was

Ending
guess it begins, and seemed like someone else hanged themself in the preview?

There is really no point to this slow build up when it sucks. Just go into dumb shit mode faster and have aliens or monsters or zombies show up and kill execution girl.

Like its three episodes in and I still don't know wtf the show is supposed to be about, because if this is it then they made a bad show. I wish they stayed on the bus.

Big Order 1

Ok this was a solid first episode and I'll watch more but what the ever living fuck

If this isn't the most hilarious face I have ever god damn seen. I had to stop myself to breath. Who designed this psycho killer qu'est ce que c'est face? The same guy who did the psycho's sexual assault face in Sword Art Online 2? I feel that someone should open a tumblr for hilarious anime psycho faces.

The ending was a bit out of place too with the rape-ish dialogue.

Fantastic Children 16

Figures that it would be a Katsumi Terahigashi storyboarded episode to regain my interest in Fantastic Children. Finally we're seeing enough of Greecia to provide an emotional hook with that side of the story. The atmosphere was quite good; the running in the mist scene that served as the transition between Christina and Tina was particularly poetic. As expected (the box cover art already made this obvious),
Thoma is himself a reincarnation, and in fact the reincarnation of the most important person in Tina's life
. Pretty interested to see exactly how the catastrophe we've heard about from the Children of Belfort plays out in full, and how these revelations change Helga and Thoma's relationship in the present.

Mayoiga 3

I did actually laugh in the final moments when
the body came floating by way too fast.

This show would be more enjoyable if everyone in it was more horrible. Like what if they just fucking murdered
Jack instead of locking him up?

That would make for a better episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom