• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just T

My Hero Academia: 2

Great episode; Animation still on point and the voice actors are doing a good job as well. And that soundtrack is sounding nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
net game garbage 02
this mite be 2 real 4 me.
I feel good sidestepping the watching of Lost Village.
Enough time has passed that I want to say some people forgot just how boring Another was.

Joker Game 2

Mutou's behavior is overly melodramatic, just as Gordon's is. I hope antagonists in future episodes are handled with a little more grace. Sakuma's turnabout was a little sudden as well; for as by-the-books as he was in the first episode he sure did a lot of quick thinking and extensive investigation in this one. I really liked the atmosphere in Sakuma's conversation with Yuuki though; Kawai's score helped sell it, and especially towards the end captured the atmosphere of his Oshii scores. I also appreciate how the next episode previews are their own uniquely animated sequences; shows how much the staff care about the show. We'll see how the next episode pans out.

Mayoiga 3

Enjoying the hell out of this. Large cast of gimmicky insane/stupid characters in an attempted super-serious situation where they're completely free to be their wacky selves. Just this episode everyone is terrified after a random bear attack and a missing person, then immediately have fun times cooking and rooming, and then whiplash back into Jack the Ripper and EXECUTION, with a goddamn wet shirt fanservice shot added in.

Compared to Another, where it was boring people dying wacky deaths, this is tons more fun with crazy people dying wacky deaths.

Just finished Macross Plus and I quite liked it. Really glad I went in blind on this as it wasn't what I was expecting at all. Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but I was expecting more of a war story like DYRL or something. Can't say I was crazy for any of the characters but I enjoyed their interactions and the overall story. The music was really good and went well with the amazing visuals throughout. This had such a sick aesthetic to it. Reminds me of Soul Hackers which is very much my shit. Very cool watch.

The Sharon performances were just incredible looking:
FCGoaCi.jpg
PGfz2Ap.jpg

9FycNKP.jpg
FyrajJb.jpg

Bungo Stray Dogs 2

It's nice to hear Chiaki Omigawa in a decent role again. She hasn't really had one since, what, Hanasaku Iroha? I mean, Hidamari Sketch is a good series, but Nazuna isn't a good fit for her. Naomi seems much more appropriate. Really, all the voice cast is great. They had me cracking up at a lot of their lines, especially at Kunikida's imitations.

Looking forward to next episode:

Narag

Dagashi Kashi 1
Fairly vapid but enjoyable enough. It's something I can go back to and relax with after giving shows like Concrete Revolutio, JoJo. Hundred, and Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou more critical attention.

ibyea

Banned
Concrete Revolutio: 15
Fantastic episode! There were many pieces introduced in this episode with mainly two threads.
One is about what happened to the Angle Stars and weaves a tragic tale. The other is Hitoyoshi's encounter with the fumers. Somehow they manage to cohere and bring in multiple surprises and catharsis that somehow don't feel like they are out of place. The action is pretty fantastic too, and especially memorable is the scene where Hitoyoshi unocks his powers and destroys the fumers.

Btw, is it just me or is the Funimation subtitling for this show at times incomprehensible? For some reason there are times I have a hard time understanding what is being said.

ibyea

Banned
Not Attack on Titan: 1
Hey, this is decently entertaining! Although wow the whole thing follows the same beat as Attack on Titan lol. At least I don't find the protagonist obnoxious. I also really like its aesthetics and setting, a steampunk feudal Japan style. Never seen that before! The character designs are also pretty nice, reminiscent of some of the 90s anime design. That said I find it hilarious how easily the station was breached.

Ascheroth

Mayoiga - 03

Offscreen kills are cheap.
Everyone is either dumb as a brick, insane, or both.
Chuuni-eyepatch continues to be entertaining.

ibyea

Banned
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: 2
Mumei is such a ridiculous character. Which I know it's a silly thing to say in a ridiculous show like this. But she is so ridiculous in comparison to everything else that I found it laughable and not awesome. Maybe once I get used to her presence I will be more okay with her. As for the rest of the episode, it was entertaining and gripping.
And hey, I actually felt something when Ikoma was left for dead and then he comes back to save the train out of a tight spot all the while ranting in anger and sadness and desperatin.

Qurupeke

Mayoiga 3

I've never seen a happier person than her. She brings such a beautiful smile to the show. :) Best girl.

Anyway, this is a bit slow, but I like the build-up and more and more characters become memorable. If the payoff is good, I'm okay with a slow start.

Line_HTX

Netoge 02

Man, if I were in a club with all those high end PC's in one room for playing either TERA or DFOG, I could be as much of a completionist as I want and minmaxing (God, I hate that word) every equipment and every enchantment with everything. Hell, I'd be like Master and spend even more money and be an even worse pay to win people, hahaha.

Master's character switching to her real look in the game looks so weird and uncomfortable with that equipment.

I hope for their sake they break Ako out of this destructive mentality. As it stands she is very terrible and intolerable doo-doo.

Line_HTX

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress 02

I didn't get the "I WANT TO DESTROY ALL THE KABANE" but rather a better pleasant surprise of Mumei kicking ass and killing all in her way with flair and style. The knifing, the spearing, and the strength were almost superhuman, and lo and behold, there's a reason she has enhanced strength. Makes sense why she was sleepy almost immediately after the killing spree.

The background scenery is here looks way better than the ones in Titan, particularly the last part after the train leaves the station at last as the sun rises. It just feels genuinely more eerie than what Titan wanted to convey in its supposed terror.

Mayoiga 3

I did actually laugh in the final moments when
the body came floating by way too fast.

This show would be more enjoyable if everyone in it was more horrible. Like what if they just fucking murdered
Jack instead of locking him up?

That would make for a better episode.

Leave him alone :( he doesnt deserve that.

kewlmyc

Mayoiga/The Lost Village 03

So far, only Pink Goddess is even remotely likable. Everyone else ranges from just okay, to plain detestable. Not sure what most of the people on the trip were expecting when they signed up for it. It's a village in the middle of nowhere. No shit there's wild life.
Glad we're finally getting to the deaths. This is one of the shows I'd be happy if there are no survivors.

I just wanna put this here, just because of how much this show looks like anime. I got surgery a toe last week so I can't really stand for too long. We decided to stay in and watch some stuff on Netflix. We came upon The Boondocks. Lemme tell you, could be because of our crappy sense of humour, or maybe it was just because there were 4 of us, but goddamn if that show wasn't funny an entertaining. Although I realize it is fully American, the character design really reminded me of anime. There was even a scene, in which Huey, one of the kids, has a dream of being a samurai, fighting with rap music in the background. The scene looked straight out of Samurai Champloo ahaha.

kewlmyc

I just wanna put this here, just because of how much this show looks like anime. I got surgery a toe last week so I can't really stand for too long. We decided to stay in and watch some stuff on Netflix. We came upon The Boondocks. Lemme tell you, could be because of our crappy sense of humour, or maybe it was just because there were 4 of us, but goddamn if that show wasn't funny an entertaining. Although I realize it is fully American, the character design really reminded me of anime. There was even a scene, in which Huey, one of the kids, has a dream of being a samurai, fighting with rap music in the background. The scene looked straight out of Samurai Champloo ahaha.

The Boondocks is great, so yeah your right. I think that they also got some anime studio to help with the animation (Madhouse), so it's pretty close to anime. The kickball episode is probably my favorite of them.

Speaking of Samurai Champloo and Boondocks, Jin makes a cameo appearance in the background.

And yeah, there is no fourth season. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Chunibyo 2 1-12

While I didn't find this as good as the first season, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Not a whole lot happened but this was basically what I expected it to be after the first seasons ending. Rikka's chunibyo basically making their relationship move at a glacial pace, Yuta having a difficult time understanding anything she does, and shenanigans from everyone else. I suppose that made this part a little disappointing too, since it made absolutely no attempt to surprise or shake things up that much. Kind of sucks that Isshiki pretty much completely disappeared this season, since it was nice having at least one other male character around lol.

Just never watch the fourth season.

The Boondocks is great, so yeah your right. I think that they also got some anime studio to help with the animation (Madhouse), so it's pretty close to anime. The kickball episode is probably my favorite of them.

Speaking of Samurai Champloo and Boondocks, Jin makes a cameo appearance in the background.

And yeah, there is no fourth season. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Damn, I read that they got a different director and all that, but is it really that bad?? I was kinda looking forward to continuing on my own and watching the whole series

Just T

Damn, I read that they got a different director and all that, but is it really that bad?? I was kinda looking forward to continuing on my own and watching the whole series
Yeah it is horrible, only season I haven't revisited, once was more than enough.

Smh just horrible.

Yeah it is horrible, only season I haven't revisited, once was more than enough.

Smh just horrible.

True, I knew we had someone on here with a Boondocks avy. If even you say this, guess I'll just do myself a favour and avoid it all together. But I'm curious, what makes it so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom