• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoJo 4 - 03

You know, it already seems like Jotaro has become a better, less monotone character.

I'm also quite liking the soundtrack so far. Jotaro's theme's whimsical rendition is neat.

Ushio and Tora 29

uhhh, what was up with that scene at 17:50 when Hyou stabs the not-Tora? Did they forget to put in a scene because that doesn't flow at all. Did someone fuck up?

Kabaneri 02

OP is pretty fuckin dope.

So we have our Titan shifters now? Cool, I guess. The action was pretty good.

jbug617

Banned
Coming out July 12th. OVA is included
CgGmv_eUUAACuAN.jpg
http://shop.funimation.com/The-Complete-Series-OVA_4?whence=

Credit to WTK
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/721040759890321409

Ushio to Tora - 29

Cool to see Hyou again, though the outcome of the battle wasn't what I imagined it'd be. Perhaps Wakamoto will be more prominent than I thought.
I was pretty surprised by the whole Azafune deal, especially with the relation to the Beast Spear. Would be cool to see how Tora was before.

Something that I've noticed a severe lack of so far, as the little bit we got this episode, is the lack of Tora doing silly Tora stuff besides the usual tsundere, which I miss.
Seems there was some strange cuts in this episode that didn't work well, particularly in the fight.

I have an irregular schedule as a musician, so it's not hard to fit in half-hour episodes or gaming periods here and there throughout the day. Plus I've been dealing with some health issues that prevent me from being very active with my free time. And it's not as if I'm watching every show every day.

Makes sense, hopefully things with your health will get better soon though. I enjoy reading your posts since you are one of the most knowledgeable members of the community, so seeing that you are watching all of those shows makes me look forward to reading impressions from you. I can only wish I could write and critique half as well as you and some other members on this thread do aha.

Jo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable: Episode 3:

SO at last we are introduced to one of the more important bits of Jojo mythos and that still isn't making up for the fact that these starter villains still kind of suck.

Alot of the starter villains of part 4 are there for character development.

If the opening hasn't already given it away, we're not exactly dealing with villains when it comes to the Nijimura brothers.

TERRAFORMARS REVENGE Episode 3 – An Alliance Appears
CgGlymxWwAA-cs-.jpg

Theres IVAN. This is really good this season. Though probably both the new looks and the strong writing. Though I feel theres no science explanations to abilities anymore?

Luluco 03

Oh...blue girl is voiced by Nonon...Trigger why you gotta ruin everything

kagewani II 03

had to laugh at the BUT WHO WAS URL at the end there. The spookiest of 404s.

So is Panty and Stocking worth a watch?

yeah. trigger just keeps beating around the bush and not making PSG again when the best episode of KLK was the fourth one

Big Order feels like they changed the order and events in the anime. I did like the opening minutes, and Hoshimiya Eiji's voice is a good fit, I dont think Ive heard him in any other anime as a lead.

Big Order 1
Yeah, this is from the creator of Mirai Nikki all right.

Kabaneri 2
I don't really care how similar it is to AoT when it's so much better than what it is copying. And that Mumei fight scene, I wonder how long they can keep this level of production quality up.

phaze

Strike Witches ep 1

Put on some pants, this show is what I feared Girls und Panzer would be when I first started watching that in terms of relentless exploitation of it's early teen cast. Watched the whole of this dreck in the hope something would redeem it but nope it's trash all the way down excepting that it is fairly well animated even if I'm not a fan of the suits or enemy designs. I thought Kancolle was shameless but it's a a model of restraint next to this thing.

Most historically accurate WWII anime !

Big Order 1
Yeah, this is from the creator of Mirai Nikki all right.

The hypest of hypes.

Luloco 03
Subpar. The lustre is starting to wear off for me.

Cornbread78

Big Order ep.1
qaTQgVP.gif

(Yuno 2.0)

OK, this one is on my watch list now, just because of how messed up this episode is from start to finish. Everything is NOT what is appears to be and the show doesn't hold back. I have no idea how they will play out the plot and details, but it's already interesting from the get-go, so who knows; it could be a hate watch, or it could actually be good. Either way, I'm in....

Quick, someone make an OT..

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 3

Yeesh, so The Hand is basically a lite version of Cream? That sounds OP.

I gotta say, I like how more mature Jotaro is in this. Araki did a good job aging him. I mean, he's still the same old stoic, "Yare Yare Daze" Jotaro we know, but he seems less grumpy and stern than he was in Stardust Crusaders.

Not that his grumpy and stern side in that part wasn't fun, but with him basically being in a mentor role for Josuke, it wouldn't really work as well here than it would there.

jman2050

Space patrol Luluco 3

"You shoot enemies with your gun. It's perfectly normal"

Can't argue with that logic.

Also Haruko is that you?

Man this is really cool. I wanna visit Japan one day but visiting it with the goal of seeing the places that were in anime is pretty damn awesome.

Interesting is definately a word for it, lol.

Some of those PV images look like it takes the show in some interesting places with Miss psycho, lol.

I never even saw it on the list. Damnit I thought I had gone over this, I'm trying to keep the number of shows I'm watching low!!

Looks like Diamond is Unbreakable is really going to be 39 episodes. Interested to see how that will pan out since Stardust Crusaders was 4cour and shorter than Part 4 chapter wise.

Also seems that each volume of Diamond is Unbreakable's BDs will have an OVA for Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan.

Ascheroth

Big Order - 01

It's Mirai Nikki with Stands instead of Future Diaries.
And Yuno 2.0 already has potential to achieve a far higher Yandere-level then her original could ever hope for.
Will watch.

Exalted

Big Order 1

Well that was definitely something else. The story starts 10 years after the MC has destroyed the world, and killing most of the people.
Could be one hell of train ride or train wreck.

Terra Formars S2 - 03

r5R2ECy.jpg

Finally some knowledge bombs. Took you long enough!

The groups fighting each other with their abilities brings some welcomed variation in terms of combat, with how the specific species of the animal kingdom they each possess have their own strengths and weaknesses when facing each others.
Also I must applaud the genius design choice to have one of the tail stingers acting like a ponytail for the woman in question.

Cornbread78

Uh, yes, yes it is. Go watch that, instead of what you're currently watching right now.

GAF did vote for it as AotY…

Only comedy anime I'd say is worth giving a 10/10

yeah. trigger just keeps beating around the bush and not making PSG again when the best episode of KLK was the fourth one

Don't listen to DTL. Give it a watch!
Either the dub or the sub will be fine, they're both quite good. Expect it to be very weird and crude.

One of the funnest things Gainax made, i was sad when the ride was over.
edit: also the music is fucking excellent

YES GOD YES
PSG is fucking GREAT

its a bad anime, but the funi dub makes it very entertaining, their writer is awesome

That's about the most universal praise I've ever seen for a show here, lol...

I never even saw it on the list. Damnit I thought I had gone over this, I'm trying to keep the number of shows I'm watching low!!

Time to start watching this one as well; it's ready and wating.... just watch your back!
D9oS3OQ.gif

Only comedy anime I'd say is worth giving a 10/10

Ehh... If you're a big fan of crude toilet humor, maybe. Personally I can't stand that show.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - 3

Yeesh, so The Hand is basically a lite version of Cream? That sounds OP.

I gotta say, I like how more mature Jotaro is in this. Araki did a good job aging him. I mean, he's still the same old stoic, "Yare Yare Daze" Jotaro we know, but he seems less grumpy and stern than he was in Stardust Crusaders.

Not that his grumpy and stern side in that part wasn't fun, but with him basically being in a mentor role for Josuke, it wouldn't really work as well here than it would there.

Jotaro aged really well indeed. Feels more like an awkward but lovable uncle than a moody teenager.

Looks like Diamond is Unbreakable is really going to be 39 episodes. Interested to see how that will pan out since Stardust Crusaders was 4cour and shorter than Part 4 chapter wise.

The Stardust Crusaders anime dragged, so faster pacing can only be a plus.

phaze

Big Order 01

You know, that last scene was actually disturbing, couldn't laugh at it. Though thankfully I've had my fill of that in the preceding 20 minutes. AOTS/Anime is saved/et cetera.

Cornbread78

That's because you're missing the sarcasm.

huh? Wait, is it legit good, or is it complete trash?

I think she has the potential to reach even greater heights than Yuno.

Well, that will be pretty difficult, but she is immortal, so.....

Big Order 01
You know, that last scene was actually disturbing, couldn't laugh at it. Though thankfully I've my fill of that before that scene came. AOTS/Anime is saved/et cetera.

You mean the cables and nails, right?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ask yourself if you really need to post five .gifs from the same show on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom